Canada bans 1,500 types of assault firearms YES!

19 hours ago, Ishmael said:

You guys need laws barring idiots from buying guns. I'm not sure how you determine who is a real idiot and who is only pretending to be stupid.

Why bother? The enlightened approach seems to be to hold everyone responsible for the idiots and ban everyone's battlefield .22's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent some time earlier this year in the US (there is a thread about it).   For the Americans reading this thread, a helpful piece of advice is to stop thinking of Canadians as the same as Amer

What we are trying to do is create a public mindset that these things are just unacceptable, completely.  I think that the mindset is just as important as the actual legislation. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-gun-control-measures-ban-1.5552131 After last weeks mass shooting in Nova Scotia, Trudeau has lived up to his promise (and one of the key reasons why I vo

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Keith said:

Again, an under educated violent population with far too easy access to firearms, is killing Americans and America.  

If you don't or cant see that, your part of the problem.

This makes me wonder whether the confiscation of battlefield .22's and other WMD's has begun yet in the frozen north?

Canada's far too easy access to battlefield .22's seems to me to be a yuge problem! Can you not see that?

2 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

This makes me wonder whether the confiscation of battlefield .22's and other WMD's has begun yet in the frozen north?

Canada's far too easy access to battlefield .22's seems to me to be a yuge problem! Can you not see that?

i opened the door that said tom ray and the room was empty 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Bloody Keyboard GIF - Bloody Keyboard Typing GIFs

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:
6 hours ago, Zonker said:

What is there was a country with fewer guns.... ah fuck, never mind.

Lost cause. Just stop that shit from coming over the border.

But what about confiscating the battlefield .22's and other weapons of war that are already in Canada? It has been over a year since this thread was started. Have the confiscations begun? Are you getting more than a few percent compliance? If so, people who run other confiscation programs are going to wonder how you achieved it?

I was talking about a toddler killing somebody in the US.

There has been no confiscation program in Canada. Just a lot of weapons being banned. They're still talking about compensation but no word yet.

8 hours ago, Zonker said:

There has been no confiscation program in Canada. Just a lot of weapons being banned. They're still talking about compensation but no word yet.

The need to take them seemed pretty urgent when the thread started. Have the mass shootings continued? I haven't heard of any. Maybe Canadian owners of battlefield .22's aren't all that dangerous?

Offering compensation is very civilized of you. Down here, the banned weapons are just declared a public nuisance and keeping them after the deadline can get you a felony. So more of a plain stick than a carrot-with-stick approach. That might bring compliance rates up to double digits when the grabbing begins.