Jump to content

First Effective Treatment Imminent


Recommended Posts

So this could be big, not a game changer but good news for the critically ill New drug treatment for covid-19

Quote

 

Houston Methodist Hospital is making national headlines after doctors used a new drug to help treat critically ill COVID-19 patients.

Methodist was the first to report the rapid recovery of patients on ventilators and those with severe medical conditions after three days of treatment. The drug is called RLF-100 and is also known as aviptadil. It has been approved by the FDA for emergency use at multiple clinical sites in patients who are too ill to enter the FDA’s Phase 2/3 trials.

 

Yesterday our beloved football coach, 92 year old Bill Yeoman was realized after a month in the hospital, can't verify this was part of his treatment but not many guys his age recover so quickly. Awesome guy, hall of fame and the person you could say hi coach to and he would smile and say hi.  Thankfully there is some good news in this part of the world. The only criticism I ever heard was an ex player saying coach would say keister instead of ass.  Football was fun then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The “little” company is publicly traded on NYSE and has a capitalization in excess of 6 billion and sort of has a lengthy history of phase 2/3 trials that peters out.  what I’m saying is... a lot

Can I buy this stock using the Hydroxychloroquine futures I bought a few weeks ago? The future contracts are printed on super high quality paper so should be worth something.

There are dozens of multi-billion dollar ethical and bio-technical pharmaceutical companies in the world with thousands of researchers and physicians working for them with decades of experience, but r

Posted Images

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

With over 5 million confirmed cases in the US, supposed clinical trials since April; basically the data would have to be pretty far from convincing to not crossover or recruit enough participants. But we all knew that like 3 months ago when someone pretended a publicly traded company was some “little Australian company that could” like it was Protos winches trying to take on Harken or something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VhmSays said:

How much are you in for?

He won't tell. 

I know he topped up at $2.28 after they filled the book at $2.00 in May. Was that enough to bring his original buy in and average down????.....no ....he chickened out. Didnt buy enough.

So he is still just on the right side but now getting very nervous ...and also pissed off he didn't get out when it went though it's $4 ceiling and hit $4.90 for a nano second on Monday. Bids now $3 and scarce. 

He is a jelly investor now....he wobbles everytime the price gets the wobbles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All could have been avoided with some basic biology and why stem cells as an entire field has over promised and under delivered since inception. 
 

Imminent in stem cell dev means 20 years away. 
 

Also waiting for the good old stem cell treatment challenge of how do you selectively target area of interest with non-specific cells. Do you smear it in a gel. Do you spray it on a wound. Inject it in an IV. Explorative surgery and apply? 
 

Pixie dust tech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Miffy said:

With over 5 million confirmed cases in the US, supposed clinical trials since April; basically the data would have to be pretty far from convincing to not crossover or recruit enough participants. But we all knew that like 3 months ago when someone pretended a publicly traded company was some “little Australian company that could” like it was Protos winches trying to take on Harken or something. 

you can speculate all you like. 5 million cases maybe... probably more.

165,000 deaths total to this point ( including before the trial.,  6000 hospitals.

 

That is 27 deaths  per hospital if they are evenly spread- which they are not. Some had thousands, some had zero.  Trial was for 300 people, and now has 17 hospitals involved, some took 2 months/ 3 months to decide to join.

Pretty straight forward reason why it has taken 3-4months as the company suggested. Maybe they knew what they were talking about all along hey ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miffy said:

All could have been avoided with some basic biology and why stem cells as an entire field has over promised and under delivered since inception. 
 

Imminent in stem cell dev means 20 years away. 
 

Also waiting for the good old stem cell treatment challenge of how do you selectively target area of interest with non-specific cells. Do you smear it in a gel. Do you spray it on a wound. Inject it in an IV. Explorative surgery and apply? 
 

Pixie dust tech. 

You should watch the Adcom on Thursday. Its open to the public and you will learn something new.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miffy said:

All could have been avoided with some basic biology and why stem cells as an entire field has over promised and under delivered since inception. 
 

Imminent in stem cell dev means 20 years away. 
 

Also waiting for the good old stem cell treatment challenge of how do you selectively target area of interest with non-specific cells. Do you smear it in a gel. Do you spray it on a wound. Inject it in an IV. Explorative surgery and apply? 
 

Pixie dust tech. 

My brother has been a cardiac stem cell researcher for 25 years. I agree with some of your comments. The amount of time & money spent has very little proven therapeutic use to show. FDA has been unwilling to ok it.  I’ve been listening to “in the next 5 years” for 25 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that noted bastion of drug manufacturing, Eastman Kodak, is in trouble. Yes, the film company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/10/kodak-stock-sec/

Last month, under an agreement aimed at reducing U.S. reliance on China, the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) announced that it would give the photography pioneer a $765 million loan to retrofit its factories to make pharmaceutical ingredients.  [Of course that makes sense. -Z]

... On July 27, a day before the loan was officially announced, more than 1 million shares of Kodak stock exchanged hands,... The stock jumped 20 percent that day, she wrote, and more than 200 percent on July 28, when the loan was announced.

... shortly before the announcement, Kodak Executive Chairman James Continenza bought about 46,700 shares.

(he was also granted 1.75m stock options the day before the news broke -Z)

...

Eastman Kodak shares plummeted Monday after a federal agency put the brakes on the company’s deal to produce generic drug ingredients until “allegations of wrongdoing” are resolved.

Kodak closed Monday at $10.52, down 29.3 percent. The stock has erased nearly 76 percent of its value since hitting $43.45 in late July.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

follow the money....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SemiSalt said:

I thought that was fusion energy. 

ITER is assembling the new reactor as we speak! I'll bet they commercialize it before stem cell treatments for wide range of diseases. Thus far, it has been bespoke injection for bone disorders and the like where the individual cost is mitigated by experimental use/public funds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Zonker said:

Now that noted bastion of drug manufacturing, Eastman Kodak, is in trouble. Yes, the film company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/10/kodak-stock-sec/

Last month, under an agreement aimed at reducing U.S. reliance on China, the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) announced that it would give the photography pioneer a $765 million loan to retrofit its factories to make pharmaceutical ingredients.  [Of course that makes sense. -Z]

... On July 27, a day before the loan was officially announced, more than 1 million shares of Kodak stock exchanged hands,... The stock jumped 20 percent that day, she wrote, and more than 200 percent on July 28, when the loan was announced.

... shortly before the announcement, Kodak Executive Chairman James Continenza bought about 46,700 shares.

(he was also granted 1.75m stock options the day before the news broke -Z)

...

Eastman Kodak shares plummeted Monday after a federal agency put the brakes on the company’s deal to produce generic drug ingredients until “allegations of wrongdoing” are resolved.

Kodak closed Monday at $10.52, down 29.3 percent. The stock has erased nearly 76 percent of its value since hitting $43.45 in late July.

 

That deal stunk like a month-old dead skunk the moment it was announced.  It is only surprising that this particular administration could smell the foul odor so quickly.  I do not doubt that legitimate pharmaceutical and chemical company's legal departments made sure that a good strong breeze was blowing from Rochester to the quivering noses in the DOJ in DC. 

I've been to Rochester a few times.  I never noticed many swamps in that area, but obviously there is at least one.

* Added bonus:  Not mentioned in your excerpt is that the CEO has been a major tRump donor for years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 9:37 AM, dachopper said:

I've been doing some research on the potential ways out of this lockdown mess and back to normality, and discovered the little Aussie company that could ( Mesoblast ) - are in the middle of a US trial that looks like it's as close to a guaranteed done deal in reducing Covid caused deaths as you can get before a trial end date. They have a treatment of cells that they were in the final  stages of getting approved for use in the USA targeting steroid refractive Graft verses Host disease - which there is no treatment for, and has all ready shown fantastic results ( GVHD is where your own immune system attacks / kills you after receiving a transplant. Steroids are the only treatment but they do not work in about 40% of cases   ). 

As it turns out - the main killing mechanism they observe from Covid , appears to be the Hyper immune response, and the body killing itself also ( cytokine storm ).

So far they have treated 12 people on compassionate grounds who were seriously ill, on ventilators, some with multiple organ failure, some on ventilators for 2 weeks solid prior to being treated, and had a recovery rate of 83% or 10 / 12 people.. The recovery rate in the hospital during that same period for ventilated patients was under 12% ( 88% died ).

They are now about 1 week into the final trial that is necessary to prove that the treatment works, as a proper medical trial with patients getting treated with maximum care standard + either placebo or the cells. The trial has a primary endpoint of survival at 30 days, and also at 7 and 14 days along with other measurements. 33% of the way through the trial, if it is observed that the treatment is overwhelming effective ( which is expected by the compassionate use and other data ) - Then the FDA can approve immediate treatment before the trial has completed.

What is interesting is that Mesoblast by co-incidence were already ramping up production of the cells massively in preparation of their US product launch Ryoncil, and they have stated that they are in a good position to be capable of treating as many critical patents as is needed.

They also have some different cells that are completing their last phase 3 trial next month for lower back pain ( disc regeneration ) / and heart failure which also both look like they are primed for excellent results. 

 

If they show with the large trial what they did with the 12 critically ill patients, then we are going to be reducing COVID deaths to a level lower than seasonal Flu.... Also the product can treat seasonal Flu aswell..... Fingers crossed we here good news by the end of the month. or some time in June.  

Just saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we heard the results. Now that the treatment COVID-19 patients is solved the stock should skyrocket.

"...a guaranteed done deal in reducing Covid caused deaths..."

Good quote. Was that from the FDA today or the  @dachopper bot in May?

"Watch the share price on open......."

Okay. Market says "Meh" yet again. Trouble hitting last week's highs. Somebody made some money at open. I hope they got out for good.

".... this is happening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Looks like your handler's super-drama of a trading halt and earthshaking press conference was utterly pointless. But 'Yay!" for the few dozen young children who may benefit from this latest development. A dozen doses sold at list price could give them a ten-fold increase in revenue.

Pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Yeah, we heard the results. Now that the treatment COVID-19 patients is solved the stock should skyrocket.

"...a guaranteed done deal in reducing Covid caused deaths..."

Good quote. Was that from the FDA today or the  @dachopper bot in May?

"Watch the share price on open......."

Okay. Market says "Meh" yet again. Trouble hitting last week's highs. Somebody made some money at open. I hope they got out for good.

".... this is happening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Looks like your handler's super-drama of a trading halt and earthshaking press conference was utterly pointless. But 'Yay!" for the few dozen young children who may benefit from this latest development. A dozen doses sold at list price could give them a ten-fold increase in revenue.

Pathetic.

Are you pump and dumping again el boracho?????

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dachopper said:

Are you pump and dumping again el boracho?????

What about my disparaging posts reads like a Pump to you? WTF?!? The MSB C-Suite has that function covered.

I'd short them. That's not dumping. For their imminent demise. But their pile of cash and burn rate says we have quite a few more press releases before death.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Boracho said:

What about my disparaging posts reads like a Pump to you? WTF?!? The MSB C-Suite has that function covered.

I'd short them. That's not dumping. For their imminent demise. But their pile of cash and burn rate says we have quite a few more press releases before death.

Yeah I know.... you made your sentiment pretty clear on the first page with 

 

"No. Not with MESO. I remain unconvinced that MESO management has any competency in any realm: science nor business nor stock shenanigans."

 

and

 

"More evidence out there of a classic Pump & Dump than evidence of treatment efficacy. :"

 

I did agree with this one although as I said - I am not involved in "pump & dumps" as you call them

 

I should admit know noting about biotech or drug trials or Mesoblast. So I have nothing to say about their developments or management. I would certainly hope the best for the company and the treatment. However companies are rarely in control of their stock prices. I do know quite a lot about stock market shenanigans. This one has many indications of foul play by greedy stockmarket players with zero interest in helping sick people. I also cannot know whether @dachopperis helping with a Pump & Dump.

My advice? If you are a SA or PA denizen you have no business playing with famously erratic biotech startup stocks.

 

Maybe you will have something to say after the ARDS results come out, currently there is still 0 drugs approved for Covid19 treatment by the FDA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 3:48 PM, Miffy said:

All could have been avoided with some basic biology and why stem cells as an entire field has over promised and under delivered since inception. 
 

Imminent in stem cell dev means 20 years away. 
 

Also waiting for the good old stem cell treatment challenge of how do you selectively target area of interest with non-specific cells. Do you smear it in a gel. Do you spray it on a wound. Inject it in an IV. Explorative surgery and apply? 
 

Pixie dust tech. 

Like waiting for quantum computers to save the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a treatment but the new saliva test created by a team at Yale and used by the NBA could be huge - easy, cheap and results in a few hours. They have created it open source so anyone can duplicate and use it.  

The key to stopping the spread is finding out who has it - and waiting days and/or weeks doesn't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Not a treatment but the new saliva test created by a team at Yale and used by the NBA could be huge - easy, cheap and results in a few hours. They have created it open source so anyone can duplicate and use it.  

The key to stopping the spread is finding out who has it - and waiting days and/or weeks doesn't work.

Saliva test in old news. Australia has been using them for weeks....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Saliva test in old news. Australia has been using them for weeks....

They’ve been around in the US since March - this new specific process is cheap, rapid and 90% confidence.  It is a game changer also because the investment by interested parties is made for public use with the purpose of not using IP to generate profits. 
 

Not sure what process is deployed in Australia but there’s nothing old news about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 12:29 AM, dachopper said:

Yeah I know.... you made your sentiment pretty clear on the first page with 

 

"No. Not with MESO. I remain unconvinced that MESO management has any competency in any realm: science nor business nor stock shenanigans."

 

and

 

"More evidence out there of a classic Pump & Dump than evidence of treatment efficacy. :"

 

I did agree with this one although as I said - I am not involved in "pump & dumps" as you call them

 

I should admit know noting about biotech or drug trials or Mesoblast. So I have nothing to say about their developments or management. I would certainly hope the best for the company and the treatment. However companies are rarely in control of their stock prices. I do know quite a lot about stock market shenanigans. This one has many indications of foul play by greedy stockmarket players with zero interest in helping sick people. I also cannot know whether @dachopperis helping with a Pump & Dump.

My advice? If you are a SA or PA denizen you have no business playing with famously erratic biotech startup stocks.

 

Maybe you will have something to say after the ARDS results come out, currently there is still 0 drugs approved for Covid19 treatment by the FDA.

The Mypillow.com guy and Ben Carson have trump into something new. Huge treatment!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Should have found and posted the link as the news is FDA approved for use, article did mention the NBA has been using it in the bubble for some time. Where I am good news is hard to find. Getting results in hours rather than days or weeks could make tracing viable.  Decided I should find the article: https://news.yale.edu/2020/08/15/yales-rapid-covid-19-saliva-test-receives-fda-emergency-use-authorization

As to Ben Carson and My Pillow Guy they are assisting the drowning man by cheering him on as he grasps at anything to try and save himself.  I never, ever thought I would witness this kind of banana republic behavior in the US.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

The Mypillow.com guy and Ben Carson have trump into something new. Huge treatment!!

You never know.... but you need balls of steel to take a drug where no test results for humans at all have been released.

Covid mesoblast results due within about 20 days. The Data Monitoring Committee should have started receiving the results as of a couple days ago....

Now we wait...  

 

There is no public data showing oleandrin has ever been tested in animals or humans for its efficacy against COVID-19," according to the Axios report, "but the extract has shown some evidence of inhibiting the virus in a non-peer reviewed laboratory study."

Whitney told Axios that the product had been tested on humans for its efficacy in treating COVID-19, but the study has not been released yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hot news from Holland, forget about the Meso-scam and  the Dapusher scamster, bring on the titties !!!!!!!!!!!!! a study from an Amsterdam children hospital has revealed that the milk out of wimmin' titties previously infected by corona contains antibodies, even after pasteurizing (a common practice with milk), and that it would be an effective repellant of the virus, especially for the elderly : "the antibodies attach to the mucous membrane and attack the virus upon entry"

the hospital has put out a call for 1000 wimmin' to donate 100 milliliter of their milk for the next step of the study,  results will be forthcoming, soon, imminent and all that yada yada and a stock ticket will be created asap too for the obligatory pump 'n dump, but meanwhile gents, keep da ladies producing da milk, if not for yourself , do it for humanity !!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 10:52 PM, d'ranger said:

Should have found and posted the link as the news is FDA approved for use, article did mention the NBA has been using it in the bubble for some time. Where I am good news is hard to find. Getting results in hours rather than days or weeks could make tracing viable.  Decided I should find the article: https://news.yale.edu/2020/08/15/yales-rapid-covid-19-saliva-test-receives-fda-emergency-use-authorization

As to Ben Carson and My Pillow Guy they are assisting the drowning man by cheering him on as he grasps at anything to try and save himself.  I never, ever thought I would witness this kind of banana republic behavior in the US.

Pissing contest aside.

An approved saliva test is a very positive result. For all the reasons listed in the article.

For your sake, and others, I hope such a tool does not get fucked with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Albatros said:

the hospital has put out a call for 1000 wimmin' to donate 100 milliliter of their milk … for the obligatory pump 'n dump…

Freudian slip or schoolboy humour?

100 millilitre is not much (about 3.5 fl. oz. for the metrically challenged).

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^ errr.... guys, regardless of the style, the story is true, 100 ml included as that quantity is sufficient for research purposes, that's the stage it's at, hence also the inclusion of Dadumper's  favoured terms soon, imminent etc... 

the link is in dutch, run it through a translation and you'll see ... soon

https://www.amc.nl/web/nieuws-en-verhalen/actueel/actueel/antistoffen-tegen-coronavirus-in-moedermelk.htm

Link to post
Share on other sites
Case 1 Case 2 Case 3 Case 4 Case 5 Case 6 Case 7 Ctrl 1 Ctrl 2    Ctrl 3
Gender M F F F M M M F F F
Age (years) 65 63 65 51 57 45 53 75 74 46
COVID-19 type Critically severe Severe Severe Common Common Severe Severe Severe Severe Severe
Fever (℃, baseline) 38.6 37.7 38.2 38.5 38.4 39.0 39.0 36.0 38.9 37.7
Shortness of breath +++ +++ ++ + + +++ +++ +++ ++ +
Oxygen saturation at rest state 89% 93% 92% 95% 94% 92% 90% 91% 92% 93%
Cough, weak, poor appetite ++ + ++ + ++ ++ ++ + ++ +
Diarrhea - - + - - - - - - -
Date of diagnosed Jan 23 Jan 27 Jan 25 Feb 3 Feb 2 Jan 27 Feb 3 Feb 3 Feb 6 Feb 5
Date of intervention
(MSCs or Placebo)
Jan 31 Feb 2 Feb 4 Feb 4 Feb 4 Feb 6 Feb 6 Feb 8 Feb 6 Feb 6
Date of recovery Feb 3 Feb 4 Feb 6
Discharged
Feb 6
Discharged
Feb 5
Discharged
Feb 7 Feb 7 Dead ARDS Stabl

 

Here is something non - rap related, the treatment profile for a group of 10 that were treated with the same type of MSC cells that mesoblast have in their double blind, placebo controlled phase 3 covid trial.

The Case columns shifted right when I pasted them and feel free to find and look up the results yourself.

Yep - small group, yep old news, yep different company, yep same cell type used in the treatement, yep same positive results as mesoblast - and as any other company that has tested or trialed MSC cells against covid 19 - no surprises at all.

Ctrl ( right 3 columns are placebo, Fist 7 are treatments )

18 days to go 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dachopper said:
Case 1 Case 2 Case 3 Case 4 Case 5 Case 6 Case 7 Ctrl 1 Ctrl 2    Ctrl 3
Gender M F F F M M M F F F
Age (years) 65 63 65 51 57 45 53 75 74 46
COVID-19 type Critically severe Severe Severe Common Common Severe Severe Severe Severe Severe
Fever (℃, baseline) 38.6 37.7 38.2 38.5 38.4 39.0 39.0 36.0 38.9 37.7
Shortness of breath +++ +++ ++ + + +++ +++ +++ ++ +
Oxygen saturation at rest state 89% 93% 92% 95% 94% 92% 90% 91% 92% 93%
Cough, weak, poor appetite ++ + ++ + ++ ++ ++ + ++ +
Diarrhea - - + - - - - - - -
Date of diagnosed Jan 23 Jan 27 Jan 25 Feb 3 Feb 2 Jan 27 Feb 3 Feb 3 Feb 6 Feb 5
Date of intervention
(MSCs or Placebo)
Jan 31 Feb 2 Feb 4 Feb 4 Feb 4 Feb 6 Feb 6 Feb 8 Feb 6 Feb 6
Date of recovery Feb 3 Feb 4 Feb 6
Discharged
Feb 6
Discharged
Feb 5
Discharged
Feb 7 Feb 7 Dead ARDS Stabl

 

Here is something non - rap related, the treatment profile for a group of 10 that were treated with the same type of MSC cells that mesoblast have in their double blind, placebo controlled phase 3 covid trial.

The Case columns shifted right when I pasted them and feel free to find and look up the results yourself.

Yep - small group, yep old news, yep different company, yep same cell type used in the treatement, yep same positive results as mesoblast - and as any other company that has tested or trialed MSC cells against covid 19 - no surprises at all.

Ctrl ( right 3 columns are placebo, Fist 7 are treatments )

18 days to go 

 

 

Great bit of "Science".  They used the two oldest patients (by a decade) as a "control group" and let them go untreated.  Shockingly they had the worst outcomes.  The other, younger control was diagnosed just 2 days before they summarized their results.   And 4 of the seven cases are listed as "recovered" but not discharged.  

Is this the 6-months-old garbage research you believe in? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Great bit of "Science".  They used the two oldest patients (by a decade) as a "control group" and let them go untreated.  Shockingly they had the worst outcomes.  The other, younger control was diagnosed just 2 days before they summarized their results.   And 4 of the seven cases are listed as "recovered" but not discharged.  

Is this the 6-months-old garbage research you believe in? 

 

He's just selectively posting more lies and painting it with his own version of events - otherwise he would just post the actual original source. The "phase 3" trial that happened in January-February? He conceded he had no medical or basic biology experience - but keeps feeling qualified to edit for those who do.

What magical health system is it from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Miffy said:

He's just selectively posting more lies and painting it with his own version of events - otherwise he would just post the actual original source. The "phase 3" trial that happened in January-February? He conceded he had no medical or basic biology experience - but keeps feeling qualified to edit for those who do.

What magical health system is it from. 

Nope.... Direct table from clinical trials.

17 days or so and we should have the first interim results.

Even though you called me a liar..... If you get ARDS and it's not looking good, I still think you should ask for this life saving treatment.

Then you can come back on here after you are better to tell people the story and enjoy the non stop abuse you will cop when people don't believe you were treated, or that it works.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2020 at 3:16 PM, dachopper said:

[…purported study results…]

Link?

Where in the world were Covid–19 cases being diagnosed and treated in January 2020? The first reported case outside China was 13 January in Thailand. The WHO didn't report human–to–human transmission in China until 22 January. So apparently someone was running these trials (in China I suppose) at a time that China wasn't even admitting to human–to–human transmission or that they had a real problem.

We also know that treatments have improved hugely since January. Whatever the above shows, it isn't that the treatment used then is more effective than those being used now. The ethics of using the oldest patients as a "control" also must be seriously questioned.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RobG said:

Yeah, so in China and the outcome was known on 16 Feb. And the whole world has ignored the results for nearly 7 months while 860,000 have died (so far). Except for Mesoblast of course. And all of these (some are duplicates).

The whole world, including everyone on this forum. 

 

Once the phase 3 results are out, they are out. 16 Feb was not phase 3.

 

AFAIK this will be the first phase 3 stem cell treatment to readout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2020 at 12:16 AM, dachopper said:

Here is something non - rap related, the treatment profile for a group of 10 that were treated with the same type of MSC cells that mesoblast have in their double blind, placebo controlled phase 3 covid trial.

 

7 hours ago, dachopper said:

The whole world, including everyone on this forum. 

 

Once the phase 3 results are out, they are out. 16 Feb was not phase 3.

 

AFAIK this will be the first phase 3 stem cell treatment to readout.


so the data you copied from the PRC that you claimed was phase 3 wasn’t phase 3 was it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Nov 1 is a Sunday .....Tuesday the 3rd the Presidential election ....I'm sure just a coincidence. :lol:

How are you not ecstatic that a vaccine will be ready in less than two months?

I thought this pandemic was the worst disaster in the last 100 years. Killing so many people.
Surely you aren't rooting for more death or suffering for your political side to win. You wouldn't do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlatantEcho said:

How are you not ecstatic that a vaccine will be ready in less than two months?

I would prefer the Chinese to have vaccine first ...matches the transmission sequence and Trump and his supporters heads will fucking explode..

2 hours ago, BlatantEcho said:

I thought this pandemic was the worst disaster in the last 100 years. Killing so many people.

Might be more than 100 years... have to wait and see. 

EgNuwNxWsAIMNTP.thumb.jpeg.0ab0fa36a835d4102634a93ed1d0ce05.jpeg

2 hours ago, BlatantEcho said:

Surely you aren't rooting for more death or suffering for your political side to win.

No. Don't know how you got that. 

2 hours ago, BlatantEcho said:

You wouldn't do that?

No already said that.. Are you a deaf cunt as well as a dead cunt?

You still celebrating Chile passing Sweden the other day? 

Lying cunt.

IMG_20200828_232122.thumb.jpg.8c0b70188c2e0ebc76d999bb33d7f425.jpgIMG_20200828_234255.thumb.jpg.c85bde2c86b2bd9915ebb0d82ae40ea4.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s legitimate concerns re vaccine development and rollout being influenced by political concerns. 
 

We are after all talking about the CDC headed by a pharmbro who pushed out recommendations that we should have less testing, reopen schools and also declared internal discussions secret - and dueling with the NIH and FDA. 

The vaccine rollout will be a public health challenge in the best of times, it gets harder to achieve widespread rollout if there’s the perception of impropriety. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlatantEcho said:

How are you not ecstatic that a vaccine will be ready in less than two months?

I thought this pandemic was the worst disaster in the last 100 years. Killing so many people.
Surely you aren't rooting for more death or suffering for your political side to win. You wouldn't do that?

Surely something with the stamp of approval of the Best President Since Lincoln® is trustworthy and effective

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 7:37 AM, dachopper said:

I've been doing some research on the potential ways out of this lockdown mess and back to normality, and discovered the little Aussie company... Fingers crossed we here good news by the end of the month. or some time in June.  

The August and September Pumps did not produce Bumps. Even idiot investors cannot be fooled all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dachopper said:

Data Monitoring Committee has recommended Mesoblast continue the trial, meaning they did not see safety issues or signs of probable futility.

My guess for the next meeting is the first week of October we will be getting the 45% complete DMC meeting.  

 

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200904/pdf/44mb8dlw20vxv2.pdf

That's the whole release? Weird that the PR is copy protected.  

 

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.30.37 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That's the whole release? Weird that the PR is copy protected.  

 

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.30.37 PM.png

I am shocked. Shocked I tell you that someone with no basic biology expertise or practical exp in any clinical trial, who keeps copying pasting content from early in the year but excising the pertinent original details to create then illusion of progress on a timeline. 

You would think someone who pontificated that something was definitely happening in May in 30 days then somehow it is September and nothing yet, would have some shame. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Miffy said:

You would think someone who pontificated that something was definitely happening in May in 30 days then somehow it is September and nothing yet, would have some shame. 

You would think that Trumpsters would be embarrassed by now for their unwavering support of the liar-in-chief but no, they have no shame. On the contrary, they proudly display big signs and Trump flags on their cars, trucks and lawns to shout their treacherous ignorance - and post bullshit on forums, expecting to be taken seriously. They are dangerously clueless about the consequences of blind loyalty to a con man "leader" who is concerned only about "me", never "we".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, BlatantEcho said:

CDC is advising vaccine will be ready in 7-8 weeks. 
Vaccine Distribution to start November 1 - Bloomberg

Blatant lie.

The CDC is asking states to be prepared to distribute a vaccine, not stating one will be ready.

'Dr. Slaoui, the chief scientific adviser of the Trump administration’s coronavirus vaccine and treatment initiative, called Operation Warp Speed, described getting a vaccine by late October as a “very, very low chance.”'
Operation Warp Speed Top Adviser On The Status Of A Coronavirus Vaccine

In case you missed it, Trump's own man saying "I think it's extremely unlikely but not impossible, and therefore it's the right thing to do to be prepared in case." They're trying very hard to give the impression there will be a vaccine, while admitting there's almost zero chance there will be one by the end of October.

Though I bet there will be immense pressure from the Whitehouse to release anything, even saline rebadged as vaccine, before the election.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RobG said:

Blatant lie.

The CDC is asking states to be prepared to distribute a vaccine, not stating one will be ready.

'Dr. Slaoui, the chief scientific adviser of the Trump administration’s coronavirus vaccine and treatment initiative, called Operation Warp Speed, described getting a vaccine by late October as a “very, very low chance.”'
Operation Warp Speed Top Adviser On The Status Of A Coronavirus Vaccine

In case you missed it, Trump's own man saying "I think it's extremely unlikely but not impossible, and therefore it's the right thing to do to be prepared in case." They're trying very hard to give the impression there will be a vaccine, while admitting there's almost zero chance there will be one by the end of October.

Though I bet there will be immense pressure from the Whitehouse to release anything, even saline rebadged as vaccine, before the election.

 

don't quote the purveyor of covid misinformation please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 1:13 AM, BlatantEcho said:

How are you not ecstatic that a vaccine will be ready in less than two months?

I thought this pandemic was the worst disaster in the last 100 years. Killing so many people.
Surely you aren't rooting for more death or suffering for your political side to win. You wouldn't do that?

Are you going to be first in line to take it? Just wondering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Are you going to be first in line to take it? Just wondering.

Why would I get a vaccine for a virus I have a 99.7% chance of survival of?
Realistically, why would anyone under the age of ~65?

 

Now, when traveling in Africa and stuff, you have to have yellow fever, typhoid, etc etc.
I got vaccines for those so I could travel unmolested around Africa.  
So, if maybe 10+ countries required a Covid vaccine for some insane reason - I would get it if I wanted to travel there.

But, otherwise... why would I?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 7:33 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

don't quote the purveyor of covid misinformation please.

I like how it's misinformation if *you* disagree.
 

But, the fear and utter hysteria over a virus that has killed a 3% of the people who die annually anyway?
Totally justified.

That's not misinformation at all to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites