20 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

I thought this was going to go away last Tuesday?  Just about to turn that corner...almost there...wait for it...

New record cases and record 17 dead today in Utah.  

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/11/06/utah-reports-deaths/

Blame the USPS for the virus not going away, and for losing Trump’s tax returns and the replacement for Obamacare

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife is giving us constant harassment about my lack of personal protection from boat shop customers.  but.... Since mid January, lI have had  a big yellow caution tape stretched across the d

Must really piss you off that Trump is hitting primarily blue states with his virus.

Planning a party?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Swimsailor said:

I thought this was going to go away last Tuesday?  Just about to turn that corner...almost there...wait for it...

New record cases and record 17 dead today in Utah.  

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/11/06/utah-reports-deaths/

Well it's certainly disappeared from the news. 

nearly 124,000 new cases yesterday, 1165 deaths.

Today's looking worse.

26 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

He gets to keep killing until January 20??

Location   Cases Recovered Deaths
United States

9.83M
+133K
-
+1,223

And beyond. The thing's taking off like a rocket. Don't know how Biden's going to suppress it now.

We had to lock down hard for 6 weeks, manditory face masks, work permits, curfew, restricted to 5km travel zones for 4 permitted reasons, no visiting anyone.

to take it from 700 new cases per day to 0 took months. 

The American public won't stand for such measures.

16 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And beyond. The thing's taking off like a rocket. Don't know how Biden's going to suppress it now.

We had to lock down hard for 6 weeks, manditory face masks, work permits, curfew, restricted to 5km travel zones for 4 permitted reasons, no visiting anyone.

to take it from 700 new cases per day to 0 took months. 

The American public won't stand for such measures.

In a just system Trump would take the bullet for the next administration. Rather than wait two months for Biden to implement draconian (and too late) measures the obvious solutions should be implemented today. That is what GW Bush did for Obama to ameliorate the economic collapse.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:08 AM, Shortforbob said:

Seems that Covid is not a major concern to the Voting public.

According to what I heard somewhere, one third of Americans think it's either a hoax, or blown out of proportion by the FAKE mainstream media.  What do we expect when most people get there news from Facebook, or other social media.....

On 11/6/2020 at 11:19 PM, Dog said:

The Biden vaccine will be out soon.

The infection rate has risen every day since Biden won the election. The guy obviously doesn't care. At least Melania is accepting the outcome. She has been packing up her stuff since Wednesday morning.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:52 AM, billy backstay said:

According to what I heard somewhere, one third of Americans think it's either a hoax, or blown out of proportion by the FAKE mainstream media.  What do we expect when most people get there news from Facebook, or other social media.....

On a fishing tip with two other guys recently.  Each morning one of them would connect for the news, over a coffee.  He would then do the "hey listen to this ..." and we would have a chat about it.  The other guy was pretty quiet.

I traveled home with the quiet one who commented "Gee XXXXXx likes his morning news doesn't he!?"

It was just stating the obvious but later I realised that the Quiet one, who was Right WIng, did not read the multiple news sites in the morning.  He got his information from shock-jock radio and memes in his email.  This is the problem.

When a pharma company sells pain killers by saying they target back pain, when it is just the same shit they sell for head aches, in this country they get fined millions for misleading and deceptive conduct.  When shock-jocks spreads life threatening bullshit every day, nothing happens.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The infection rate has risen every day since Biden won the election. The guy obviously doesn't care. At least Melania is accepting the outcome. She has been packing up her stuff since Wednesday morning.

Hell, she never really moved in!

4 minutes ago, astro said:

On a fishing tip with two other guys recently.  Each morning one of them would connect for the news, over a coffee.  He would then do the "hey listen to this ..." and we would have a chat about it.  The other guy was pretty quiet.

I traveled home with the quiet one who commented "Gee XXXXXx likes his morning news doesn't he!?"

It was just stating the obvious but later I realised that the Quiet one, who was Right WIng, did not read the multiple news sites in the morning.  He got his information from shock-jock radio and memes in his email.  This is the problem.

When a pharma comany sells pain killers by saying they target back pain, when it is just the same shit they sell for head aches, in this country they get fined millions for misleading and deceptive conduct.  When shock-jocks spreads life threatening bullshit every day, nothing happens.

Agree with all that 200%, but how do we fix it???  I know a quiet person, one of my brothers.  He doesn't say much, but his wife says he watches Fox News constantly, and I know the Guy he works with is just the same, so they reinforce each others prejudices...

We all owe a great debt of gratitude, respect and major personal debt, to the black women in the south, who organized their asses off, and brought out the vote for Biden.  Most whites of all stripes and incomes voted for Trump. And many black men did also.  If not for these crusading black Daughters, Mothers and Grandmothers from the south, we would be looking at 4 more years of Trumps dysfunction, a horribly dangerous actions and programs, or lack of good ones....  We owe the BIGTIME!!

4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Agree with all that 200%, but how do we fix it???

Unfortunately this is one of the instances where we pay the price for freedom, in this case free speach.  Somehow the truth needs to be delivered in a many that’s easily recognizable to a majority of the population.  How to do that is anyone’s guess.

1 minute ago, Swimsailor said:

Unfortunately this is one of the instances where we pay the price for freedom, in this case free speech.  Somehow the truth needs to be delivered in a many that’s easily recognizable to a majority of the population.  How to do that is anyone’s guess.

Getting rid of Fox News, and the other right wing radio shock jocks is a start?   Like Astro said, Big Pharma paid millions for lying about the safety of opiate pain meds, but the radio and TV that lies to sell more adverts are never questioned?  Is this right and just?

2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:
8 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Agree with all that 200%, but how do we fix it???

Unfortunately this is one of the instances where we pay the price for freedom, in this case free speach.  Somehow the truth needs to be delivered in a many that’s easily recognizable to a majority of the population.  How to do that is anyone’s guess.

When a doctor gives a patient advice that harms them, and it was counter to the best medical information available at the time, the patient dies, the doctor could go to prison.

When shock-jocks tell nation that COVID-19 is bullshit, thousands believe that and die, nothing happens.

Free Speech should not include the right to broadcast information that is counter to the best science of the day ... for political or financial gain.

Those who have been engaged in COVID-19 and Climate Change Denial should be charged for Misleading and Deceptive Conduct.  For endangering the lives of individuals and the welfare of the ecosystems of the planet, for personal gain.

Pretty fucking easy really.

Just now, astro said:

When a doctor gives a patient advice that harms them, and it was counter to the best medical information available at the time, the patient dies, the doctor could go to prison.

When shock-jocks tell nation that COVID-19 is bullshit, thousands believe that and die, nothing happens.

Free Speech should not include the right to broadcast information that is counter to the best science of the day ... for political or financial gain.

Those who have been engaged in COVID-19 and Climate Change Denial should be charged for Misleading and Deceptive Conduct.  For endangering the lives of individuals and the welfare of the ecosystems of the planet, for personal gain.

Pretty fucking easy really.

The strong skeptical cynic in me thinks they are just helping Murphy's law to cull the ignorant, and stupid among us, but I know that is wrong...... to think that way..

Free speech in the USA is perpetuating the "My opinion is just as valid as your science" fucked up thinking.

If you want to track how Trump got there, how half of the country are stupid fuckwits, look no further.

The country is caught between the rights of the individual and the welfare of the community.  Fuckwits are only interested in themselves, until someone waves a flag, then they genuflect and become flag-sucking patriots.

Fucking lunacy, in plain sight.

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Getting rid of Fox News, and the other right wing radio shock jocks is a start?   Like Astro said, Big Pharma paid millions for lying about the safety of opiate pain meds, but the radio and TV that lies to sell more adverts are never questioned?  Is this right and just?

How can that be regulated however?  We already see the uproar with FB and Twitter calling people out.  

8 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:
1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

How can that be regulated however?  We already see the uproar with FB and Twitter calling people out.  

We got rid of cigarette ads. You guys may be too young to remember "Winston Tastes Good Like A Cigarette Should" but it was deemed as to damaging to the public good. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to keep free speech and just take away the right to lie.

As for Twitter, Facebook, etc etc, they are private companies. Why are the Trumpalos suddenly wanting all kinds of intrusive gov't regulation? What are they, some kind of fucking commies??

- DSK

• Like 1
1 hour ago, astro said:

When a pharma company sells pain killers by saying they target back pain, when it is just the same shit they sell for head aches, in this country they get fined millions for misleading and deceptive conduct.  When shock-jocks spreads life threatening bullshit every day, nothing happens.

When ever I am at the Pharmacy buying panadol they ask "Do you want the normal or the fast acting?".

I always ask them, who buys slow acting pain killers? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

We got rid of cigarette ads. You guys may be too young to remember "Winston Tastes Good Like A Cigarette Should" but it was actually...

- DSK

Winston taste bad like it says in the ad no filter no flavor and tastes like toilet paper

Viceroy was:

it’s what’s up front that counts 

Lucky strike:

Had LSMFT on the bottom of the package for Lucky strike means fine tobacco

or if you were a 12 year old:

lady strippers mean fat tits

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Viceroy was:

it’s what’s up front that counts 

Lucky strike:

Had LSMFT on the bottom of the package for Lucky strike means fine tobacco

or if you were a 12 year old:

lady strippers mean fat tits

My brands when I smoked:

Export_A_cigarettes,_pic1.JPG

037339-5a0152d25d617-5a0152aea1dfe-g1.jp

654F95E3-9461-2424-29DF69D360691FF9.jpg

Players-Filter-Calendar2-800x702.jpg

Last one was over 25 years ago.

26 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Wtf is "navy cut?"

Navy Flake, Navy cut, Navy tobacco is a Burley tobacco. In colonial times sailors twisted tobacco into a roll and "tied it tightly, often moistening the leaves with rum, molasses, or spice solutions." Stored in this way the flavors melded. To smoke it a slice was cut, known as a "twist" or "curly". Wikipedia

I never knew that.

Yesterday I dealt with three customers who told me they were stuck at home because of a positive COVID 19 test. 
    Gropenfuhrer’s pandemic is now approaching a million new US cases per week. 

Location   Cases Recovered Deaths
United States

10.2M
+131K
-
+745

I can't help but laugh that after today's good news from Pfizer and Moderna that Joe could be about two months into his Presidency when we could have a VD Day  (fittingly, Victory from Disease).  The world will open up, dancing in the streets, money and drinks flowing, companies hiring... Thanks Joe!  Trump's head will explode.

Has Trump and his lap dog / task force leader Pence basically abandoned the people of the USA as far as the pandemic during record case spikes?  Anyone that still supports this administration needs to think about this.  The Trump administration are unconcerned about the lives of the people of the United States beyond what money you might be able to send them to pay off their debts and enrich themselves and their family members.  

On 11/7/2020 at 11:15 AM, El Boracho said:

In a just system Trump would take the bullet for the next administration. Rather than wait two months for Biden to implement draconian (and too late) measures the obvious solutions should be implemented today. That is what GW Bush did for Obama to ameliorate the economic collapse.

Trump's no George, though. 

4 hours ago, bridhb said:

Has Trump and his lap dog / task force leader Pence basically abandoned the people of the USA as far as the pandemic during record case spikes?  Anyone that still supports this administration needs to think about this.  The Trump administration are unconcerned about the lives of the people of the United States beyond what money you might be able to send them to pay off their debts and enrich themselves and their family members.  

I'm sorry if this sounds rude AF, but where have you been hiding since this thing started?  You sound... surprised... WTF?

5 hours ago, frenchie said:

Trump's no George, though. 

I'm sorry if this sounds rude AF, but where have you been hiding since this thing started?  You sound... surprised... WTF?

Trump's corruption and the people that support him while he is actively killing Americans and destroying the country still amazes me.

9 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Trump's corruption and the people that support him while he is actively killing Americans and destroying the country still amazes me.

President Trump's corruption is not surprising to me.  His proclivity for operating outside of norms and the law is well-documented.  His ability to sniff out suckers is amazing.

What IS surprising to me is the folks who see what he does and continue to support him.  I truly don't understand how his treatment of women can be tolerated.  If you are a woman, he has absolutely no respect for you and your bodily autonomy.  Your pussy can be grabbed by him, because he is a "star".  If you are not a woman, you have women in your life (mother, wife, sister, etc.). How is it okay with you that he feels entitled to sexually assaulting them?

His business practice of stiffing contractors, breaking deals, and leaving others with his debt is astounding.  Is that how you conduct business?

The list of his transgressions goes on and on.

What does he provide you that results in your support?  Outlawing abortion?  Activist judges being appointed?  Putting those black/brown people back in their "place"?

This man embodies hatred.  His supporters must find comfort in that hatred.  THAT, I truly do not understand. 

I can get that one man can be a damaged individual, that he suffers from a mental illness.  What we are seeing with his supporters is a shared psychosis they have opted into.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

OFGS...How is Trump actively killing Americans?

32 minutes ago, Dog said:

by neglect and by refusing the President Elect's team access and funding he's willfully slowing down the mechanisms that should be being developed to deliver a vaccine when it becomes available.

That good enough?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

by neglect and by refusing the President Elect's team access and funding he's willfully slowing down the mechanisms that should be being developed to deliver a vaccine when it becomes available.

That good enough?

When Trump wanted to shutdown the epicentre of covid in the US the Granny Killer Cuomo said that would be illegal and he would fight it.

When Australia shut the borders to Victoria run by Dickhead Dan nobody disagreed with that despite it violating our constitution.

They say we should listen to the science what do the CDC say?

Are the CDC numbers similar to ours? https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers#cases-and-deaths-by-age-and-sex

cdc1.png

high-risk-80-percent.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

That good enough?

Can you cite anything the states requested that he has not provided.

Joe Biden is not President Elect.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

While I know this is a useless post as you have the inability to apply logic to anything "Trump", how about holding absolutely unnecessary super spreader events, even in states that had enacted rules against them?  Let's just add mocking people that use masks to help reduce the spread to others resulting in his followers to refuse to use masks in public.  Those are the easy, no thought required ones.  I am sure you will disagree though because for you and a slight minority of people in the USA, no one could have done a better job than Trump at handling the pandemic.

4 hours ago, bridhb said:

Okay.  Personally, I got over it after they started literally highjacking shipments of PPE from States, in the spring.

3 hours ago, Dog said:

STFU, Dog.  That argument's ship has sailed.  They've openly opposed funding tracking & testing.  They've openly admitted they're not trying to get control of the virus. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Okay.  Personally, I got over it after they started literally highjacking shipments of PPE from States, in the spring.

STFU, Dog.  That argument's ship has sailed.  They've openly opposed funding tracking & testing.  They've openly admitted they're not trying to get control of the virus. 

Bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

Bullshit.

... as Eva Dent. :P

I liked Dog much better when he was banned.

The void that replaced him was much preferable to his presence.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dog said:

The vaccine is what ultimately ends this thing, not bending curves.

So just ignore what happens meanwhile? The saddest thing is realizing that people believe what Trump says and ignore what he does while ignoring the warnings from everyone who knows and tried to work for/with him.

Trump is the consummate conman. 

edit: Winner of The Biggest Loser with those who like it.

2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

So just ignore what happens meanwhile? The saddest thing is realizing that people believe what Trump says and ignore what he does while ignoring the warnings from everyone who knows and tried to work for/with him.

Trump is the consummate conman. 

There is a lot to criticize but fast tracking vaccine development is not one of them and it pretty clearly demonstrates that his administration has not given up  on controlling the virus.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

Put me on ignore if you can't handle it.

Oh, you have been there for months.

In fact, you are the second shitposter I have punched out of what I want to read here since my return after a 10 or 12 year hiatus.

You never, ever add anything constructive, helpful or insightful to any of the PA threads you puke in. Sometimes the answers slapping you down are interesting, but most are in vain. You have but one talent: to keep a number of hamster wheels spinning in trying to actually reason with the dedicated bullshitter you are. You are the 2020s virtual Onan. Are you a religious man?

And, yeah, I could handle you alright, if I found your little remarks the least bit entertaining. But I don't.

Now shut up and play yer guitar.

2 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

We have a puppy who likes to chase his tail. Dogs do that. 

4 minutes ago, Grog said:

Oh, you have been there for months.

In fact, you are the second shitposter I have punched out of what I want to read here since my return after a 10 or 12 year hiatus.

You never, ever add anything constructive, helpful or insightful to any of the PA threads you puke in. Sometimes the answers slapping you down are interesting, but most are in vain. You have but one talent: to keep a number of hamster wheels spinning in trying to actually reason with the dedicated bullshitter you are. You are the 2020s virtual Onan. Are you a religious man?

And, yeah, I could handle you alright, if I found your little remarks the least bit entertaining. But I don't.

Now shut up and play yer guitar.

Small minds discuss people.

I'll mutilate some Jonny Bach a little later.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

There is a lot to criticize but fast tracking vaccine development is not one of them and it pretty clearly demonstrates that his administration has not given up  on controlling the virus.

He literally took 5 seconds to authorize $2B of our money for vaccine development and did nothing else.  Nothing.

25 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

He literally took 5 seconds to authorize $2B of our money for vaccine development and did nothing else.  Nothing.

Imposed the much maligned travel restrictions.

Mobilized private sector to produce PPE, ventilators etc.

Set up temporary hospitals and sent hospital ships to hot spots.

Free testing.

Negotiated paycheck protection.

50 minutes ago, Grog said:

May the music soothe your soul.

The Donald Trump of classical guitar according to my leftist guitar teacher.

Interesting story. He's playing a Jose Ramirez guitar. One day back in the early 20th century old Jose was at work building guitars in his Madrid workshop when a teen aged boy walks in and is trying out guitars. Jose was so impressed with the kid's skill that went in the back and brought out the best guitar in the shop and gave it to the kid. It was either an act of generosity or a brilliant marketing move because the kid turned out to be Segovia.

Just now, Dog said:

Free testing.

A travel sieve from China and a hard stop on...  Iran.  Every other country banned US first.

"Mobilized"?  = bought and sold at their discretion for profit.

Great.  Used the military in a crisis as they should after being begged by governors.

WHAT FREE TESTING????  I paid for mine.

"Negotiated"?  = signed a bill everyone else did the work on and then walked away from doing it again. 

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

The Donald Trump of classical guitar according to my leftist guitar teacher.

Interesting story. He's playing a Jose Ramirez guitar. One day back in the early 20th century old Jose was at work building guitars in his Madrid workshop when a teen aged boy walks in and is trying out guitars. Jose was so impressed with the kid's skill that went in the back and brought out the best guitar in the shop and gave it to the kid. It was either an act of generosity or a brilliant marketing move because the kid turned out to be Segovia.

Manuel Ramirez was running the shop (it’s his label) and gave the guitar to Segovia, Santos-Hernandez did the building and repair(also label), fabulist.

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Did "fast tracking" a vaccine  save any of the nearly 1/4 million American's who have died from this virus. ?

Trump and his admin would be on trial for manslaughter/willful negligence if in the private sector.

Do hospitals get to stand by and do nothing while waiting for a vaccine one wonders?

Triage nurse "good morning, how can we help? , sorry, what's that? you cant breath? well just take a seat over there while we're waiting on the President to invent a vaccine, sip on this cup of bleach while you wait, the President says it might help"

37 minutes ago, Dog said:

Apologies Grog, it appears I have made a terrible mistake. Apparently it was Jose's brother who gave the guitar to Segovia. I hope you can find some way to forgive me.

At the time they ran separate shops, made slightly different styles of guitars, and hadn’t spoken to each other in close to two decades. Be civil @Dog, own your fail. If you weren’t such a pedantic douche prone to even more petty games, you might have a point. Instead you just look like your usual whiny sack of trumpist shit.

7 hours ago, Dog said:

Can you cite anything the states requested that he has not provided.

Joe Biden is not President Elect.

So, while Trump is still president at least until January, what is he doing right now to curb this wave? Right now Dog, not yesterday, not last month, NOW! when was the last time he held a public press conference with his health team about their planned action on this viral inflection. 

Playing golf.

image.thumb.png.b315aa1b7f2a99c1e81636035e1ff6f7.png

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:
1 hour ago, Dog said:

Free testing.

A travel sieve from China and a hard stop on...  Iran.  Every other country banned US first.

"Mobilized"?  = bought and sold at their discretion for profit.

Great.  Used the military in a crisis as they should after being begged by governors.

WHAT FREE TESTING????  I paid for mine.

"Negotiated"?  = signed a bill everyone else did the work on and then walked away from doing it again. 

He didn't just slam that screen door on travel from where the virus erupted.  Her slammed it strongly.  Many people are saying it.  The best people.  Then, the virus hammered NY/NJ, after coming from Europe.

Regarding the PPE, he also treated states to a competition in bidding for supplies.  Then, the federal government outbid them.  And, told he his VP to give the cold shoulder to Governors who weren't "nice" to him.

The man fucked up damn near everything he did with regard to the virus.  Probably why he isn't doing a fucking thing about it, now.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Free testing.

all months ago.

Sorry, when you're fighting a growing and moving enemy, you can't just dig a trench and go play golf.

Your president is knowingly and willfully negligent.

33 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

So, while Trump is still president at least until January, what is he doing right now to curb this wave? Right now Dog, not yesterday, not last month, NOW! when was the last time he held a public press conference with his health team about their planned action on this viral inflection. 

Playing golf.

And Pence, the leader of the task force....on vacation.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To be fair, he chose to vacay far away from COVID, in the safe haven of..........Florida.

Pretty sure "Mother" is not letting him bar hop at all the nudy bars.

9 minutes ago, bridhb said:

And Pence, the leader of the task force....on vacation.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To be fair, he chose to vacay far away from COVID, in the safe haven of..........Florida.

Nope, he's cancelled that vacation. 

What role does a VP play in a Dictatorship? especially a VP with the rightwing of the religious fascista under his command?

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Using emergency war powers to mandate ventilator production was a triumph of centrally planned production, eh comrade?

During the first weeks of the covid-19 crisis in March, health officials panicked over an anticipated shortage of ventilators, breathing machines that were essential to help keep patients alive. But during the months it took for companies to develop their supply chains, test prototypes and train workers to build them, the approach to treating covid-19 changed.

Now, unexpectedly, the vast majority of ventilators are going unused. The Department of Health and Human Services said it had handed out 15,057 ventilators by Friday, and there were 95,713 ventilators in the federal stockpile. Of those, 94,352 came from contracts signed since the beginning of the pandemic.