-
+932
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife is giving us constant harassment about my lack of personal protection from boat shop customers.  but.... Since mid January, lI have had  a big yellow caution tape stretched across the d

Must really piss you off that Trump is hitting primarily blue states with his virus.

Planning a party?

Posted Images

Another day... another thousand dead people. Way to go Trump!! Your legacy continues to grow. 

Location   Cases Recovered Deaths
United States

31.5M
+74,367
+74,367
-
+912

Another fact getting not enough attention: the long haulers. We will all die someday, my hope for me is it's a turn out the light moment, my fear is some lingering malady that never ends.  I am vaccinated and still wear a mask in public.

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Maybe playing it straight would have worked better than bullshitting at stopping the spread of a virus. 

What a novel idea!

Ever since Dog has been on a ventilator, nobody much is supporting the Murdering lying narcissist loser 

United States

31.7M
+40,482
+40,482
-
+352

6 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Ever since Dog has been on a ventilator, nobody much is supporting the Murdering lying narcissist loser 

United States

31.7M
+40,482
+40,482
-
+352

Mikey is still bullshitting up a storm, along with a few other bizarro wankers, over in the COVID threads.

6 hours ago, 3to1 said:

here comes the fourth wave.

I'm afraid you're right. Unfortunately there's more than one in every crowd

- DSK

22 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Maybe playing it straight would have worked better than bullshitting at stopping the spread of a virus. 

• Like 1
On 4/15/2021 at 11:58 PM, Gouvernail said:

Nobody gives a shit anymore

Not true for everyone Guv, even for those aghast from afar it remains incomprehensible that the GOP and their ilk still fuel the attitudes that drive the daily average of 60,000 infections and 1000 deaths.

• Like 1

Vaccinated people are causing spontaneous bleeding among non vaccinated Trumpaloon women.  That or it’s the stigmata.

2 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Amping up the GOP crazy..

26 minutes ago, Frakka said:

Not true for everyone Guv, even for those aghast from afar it remains incomprehensible that the GOP and their ilk still fuel the attitudes that drive the daily average of 60,000 infections and 1000 deaths.

Something to consider for all those who still organise, support and attend mass rallies, especially without a mask:

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/covid19-sars-cov-2-airborne-transmission-aerosol-evidence-study/

Who knew?

24 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Vaccinated people are causing spontaneous bleeding among non vaccinated Trumpaloon women.  That or it’s the stigmata.

Amping up the GOP crazy..

wait... what?

Being around 'the vaccinated'  is causing these have bleeding/clotting?

Umm, does this "Dr" person realize that bleeding is the OPPOSITE of clotting?

And that people who have been vaccinated do not emit some kind of mysterious 'vaccine ray" that will affect the gullible/stupid people around them?

- DSK

28 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Something to consider for all those who still organise, support and attend mass rallies, especially without a mask:

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/covid19-sars-cov-2-airborne-transmission-aerosol-evidence-study/

Who knew?

I feel like this was known circa June of last year...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/health/cdc-covid-guidelines-cleaning/index.html

More dead folks. 

Thanks to Donald John Trump for stalling the American response 

United States

31.8M
+70,355
+70,355
-
+483
On 4/19/2021 at 11:32 PM, Sidecar said:
On 4/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, Fakenews said:

I feel like this was known circa June of last year...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/health/cdc-covid-guidelines-cleaning/index.html

Yes and it keeps getting confirmed by different, more extensive studies all around the world.

My last sentence should have been in purple.

But according to Mikey and some of the other covid-denier trolls, there is NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that masks work!

The science around aerosol transimission of infection/infectious disease goes back to the 1920s at least.

In still air, micro-droplets of moisture exhaled by the human respiratory system can travel a max of about 20 feet. 6 feet is a more practical cut-off, and 90~95% travel no further than 6ft.

The key is "still air." Air currents will distribute aerosols far and wide, many buildings have vent systems that work to actually concentrate exhaled infectious particles and blow them on new people. This is a known problem and -should- not ever happen, but guess what, not all HVAC engineers know as much about this and there are always other priorities.

The key to masks breaking the cycle of infection is that mask filter some aerosol (most, a good one), and disrupt and slow the exhaled air stream. You hate masks because they fog up your glasses? Yeah, that proves it's working.

Coughing and sneezing producing very high air stream velocities, which can carry exhaled particles MUCH further. Talking, a little.... singing or shouting, more but not as much as coughing.

- DSK

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

The key is "still air." Air currents will distribute aerosols far and wide, many buildings have vent systems that work to actually concentrate exhaled infectious particles and blow them on new people. This is a known problem and -should- not ever happen, but guess what, not all HVAC engineers know as much about this and there are always other priorities.

- DSK

Let's get Mikey to "educate" them.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:27 PM, Steam Flyer said:

And that people who have been vaccinated do not emit some kind of mysterious 'vaccine ray" that will affect the gullible/stupid people around them?

Are you sure the vaccine ray doesn't come from a Jewish space satellite?

• Like 1

One of Canada's top infectious disease experts just weighed in...with the notion that masks don't help but they do give you acne, and aerosol distribution isn't a major cause of Covid.

I don't expect him to have a job anywhere in Canada within a couple of weeks. I sure as hell don't think he will be a WHO adviser for long.

An influential Canadian doctor and top adviser to the World Health Organization has come under fire from international experts for his controversial comments downplaying the risk of airborne spread of the coronavirus.

Dr. John Conly, an infectious diseases physician and professor of medicine at the University of Calgary, not only denied that aerosol transmission is a primary route of transmission, despite mounting evidence to the contrary, but also said that N95 masks can cause "harms" — including acne.

"Any time you look at benefits, you need to look at harms, of which there are many harms with N95s — and I think to ignore them you are at your peril," Conly told a panel discussion at the University of Calgary on April 9 on the role of airborne transmission in the COVID-19 pandemic.

"There is acne, also issues with eczema, conjunctivitis, CO2 retention; there has been decreased O2 concentrations in pregnant women — many side-effects to this."

His comments on oxygen and carbon dioxide have been largely discredited, with a 2014 study in the American Journal of Infection Control showing no significant differences in levels between pregnant and non-pregnant women wearing N95 masks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-doctor-world-health-organization-airborne-1.5994889

42 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

One of Canada's top infectious disease experts just weighed in...with the notion that masks don't help but they do give you acne, and aerosol distribution isn't a major cause of Covid.

I don't expect him to have a job anywhere in Canada within a couple of weeks. I sure as hell don't think he will be a WHO adviser for long.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-doctor-world-health-organization-airborne-1.5994889

He might be right about conjunctivitis, but that's not worse than COVID.

He's just got his priorities screwed up.

I'd like to see what data he's drawing on, to claim that masks don't reduce the spread of airborn infection. I wonder if he's quoting Mikey? Or similarly, just making shit up?

- DSK

More fuckin’ idiots causing more death!! 

Nobody  will ever be as effective at killing Americans as Donald John Trump. 

United States

31.8M
+58,955
+58,955
-
+796
4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

More fuckin’ idiots causing more death!! 

Nobody  will ever be as effective at killing Americans as Donald John Trump. 

United States

31.8M
+58,955
+58,955
-
+796

I swear it is starting to look like a virus is far less susceptible to being swayed by bullshit than morons and/or bullshitters are. 

Just another  MAGA day. 

United States

31.9M
+64,853
+64,853
-
+879
On 4/21/2021 at 4:43 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

I swear it is starting to look like a virus is far less susceptible to being swayed by bullshit than morons and/or bullshitters are. 

5BE64D2E-5BE4-49E3-964B-993FEBA4B67B.jpeg

I had a terrible thought today. It's terrible because behind all the schadenfreud I'll feel a certain amount of grim satisfaction.

I'm estimating, based on nothing more than a wild assed guess, so don't bother asking for a citation, that by sometime mid to late summer this year virtually every American that wants to be vaccinated against Covid-19 will have done so.

While it's true that the vaccines may not be 100% effective, pretty much everyone that tests positive and/or is hospitalized for covid thereafter will be a denier/ refuser/ anti vaxxer.

I'm thinking the headlines and daily infection/ hospitalization/ death counts are going to be pretty dramatic.

Whether or not I feel guilty for that grim satisfaction remains to be seen based on the response from the right. Ask for help and show remorse and I'm there. Continue the denial/ blame game and I have no sympathy whatsoever.

As all the weaker old folks have died off the death rate from the hoax is slowing 

United States

32.1M
+33,662
+33,662
-
+282
21 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

As all the weaker old folks have died off the death rate from the hoax is slowing 

United States

32.1M
+33,662
+33,662
-
+282

Wait until Wednesday before proclaiming a trend.  Every Monday, there is a dip.  

On 4/25/2021 at 8:41 PM, Willin' said:

I had a terrible thought today. It's terrible because behind all the schadenfreud I'll feel a certain amount of grim satisfaction.

I'm estimating, based on nothing more than a wild assed guess, so don't bother asking for a citation, that by sometime mid to late summer this year virtually every American that wants to be vaccinated against Covid-19 will have done so.

While it's true that the vaccines may not be 100% effective, pretty much everyone that tests positive and/or is hospitalized for covid thereafter will be a denier/ refuser/ anti vaxxer.

I'm thinking the headlines and daily infection/ hospitalization/ death counts are going to be pretty dramatic.

Whether or not I feel guilty for that grim satisfaction remains to be seen based on the response from the right. Ask for help and show remorse and I'm there. Continue the denial/ blame game and I have no sympathy whatsoever.

That may be happening already.  @Clove Hitch are you seeing any of that? The ER doc I talk to on a regular basis says that it is one of the major bummers of his job, seeing people now who were too smart to fall for the hoax or the vaccine, using some of their final breaths to realize that they actually were not smarter than the scientists/doctors. Seeing people who, even after the government stopped denialist bullshitting, continued on that path until it killed them has to suck. Darwin undoubtedly chuckles, but care givers must just shake their head. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That may be happening already.  @Clove Hitch are you seeing any of that? The ER doc I talk to on a regular basis says that it is one of the major bummers of his job, seeing people now who were too smart to fall for the hoax or the vaccine, using some of their final breaths to realize that they actually were not smarter than the scientists/doctors. Seeing people who, even after the government stopped denialist bullshitting, continued on that path until it killed them has to suck. Darwin undoubtedly chuckles, but care givers must just shake their head. 

Not yet here but nurses in some areas are talking about ICUs starting to get more and more covid.  Yesterday I patient told me how skeptical she was of the vaccine.  "How can you call it a vaccine if it only works for a while? "

"The shingles vaccine only lasts 5 years. The flu shot only lasts a season. Also, blah blah blah " I said. 

When folks said Trump would destroy the Republican party I don't think they meant like actually kill off Republicans.  But that may be the case 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Clove Hitch said:

Not yet here but nurses in some areas are talking about ICUs starting to get more and more covid.  Yesterday I patient told me how skeptical she was of the vaccine.  "How can you call it a vaccine if it only works for a while? "

"The shingles vaccine only lasts 5 years. The flu shot only lasts a season. Also, blah blah blah " I said. 

When folks said Trump would destroy the Republican party I don't think they meant like actually kill off Republicans.  But that may be the case 

Between Turnip and Faux News, there's enough vicious stupidity to drown the entire population.

Donnie’s legacy continues to grow 

the fucking murderer

United States

32.2M
+47,430
+47,430
-
+479

Someone I know, who continues to adore The Former Guy, just posted a long-winded diatribe attacking President Biden for sending aid to India, while Americans are still suffering.

malice.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Someone I know, who continues to adore The Former Guy, just posted a long-winded diatribe attacking President Biden for sending aid to India, while Americans are still suffering.

malice.jpeg

Even in the land of fruit and nuts we have excess vaccines, too many dumbasses in the US.

Remember when Liar Donny told us only 15 people in America were sick, that was going to end it here,  and they were all getting better??

63 times that many people DIED yesterday and 3634 fresh sets of fifteen people got sick with the Trump virus.

The fucking murderer could not have lied anY more effectively 

United States

32.3M
+54,520
+54,520
-
+950
5 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Remember when Liar Donny told us only 15 people in America were sick, that was going to end it here,  and they were all getting better??

63 times that many people DIED yesterday and 3634 fresh sets of fifteen people got sick with the Trump virus.

The fucking murderer could not have lied anY more effectively 

United States

32.3M
+54,520
+54,520
-
+950

Ahh, but the question now is WHO is dying? Our little hamlet sent out an email to all saying "come down and get your shots" - and we're one of the last little hamlets to get vaccine supplies in our state. In about 2 weeks, if you haven't had at least your first shot, it's on you.  Now, we could talk about Trump leading his followers into skepticism, etc, and that's useful, but I'm losing the ability to get upset with folks who reject modern medicine.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:32 PM, Bus Driver said:

Right, according to Trumpalos, we should do it by "America First" which means keeping huge stockpiles of the vaccine they refuse to take, just in case they change their tiny minds.

- DSK

22 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Ahh, but the question now is WHO is dying? Our little hamlet sent out an email to all saying "come down and get your shots" - and we're one of the last little hamlets to get vaccine supplies in our state. In about 2 weeks, if you haven't had at least your first shot, it's on you.  Now, we could talk about Trump leading his followers into skepticism, etc, and that's useful, but I'm losing the ability to get upset with folks who reject modern medicine.

Exactly. Let Darwin have his say with the Deep (State) Thinkers. 

I would think 'personal responsibility' would require that anyone who refuses to receive a vaccine is  refused publicly-funded health care in the event they contract COVID.  

How absurd it is that we have a fresh cause of death killing a thousand people a day and after over a year of those deaths, people still can’t grasp the fact it is actually a real problem 

United States

32.3M
+58,528
+58,528
-
+879

More

United States

32.4M
+58,382
+58,382
-
+858

Great!! Only 300 dead people!! 
that is as many as all the players on all the current rosters in the American League but... insignificant ... I mean... who knows any pro baseball players?? 

United States

32.4M
+29,536
+29,536
-
+299
3 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Great!! Only 300 dead people!! 
that is as many as all the players on all the current rosters in the American League but... insignificant ... I mean... who knows any pro baseball players?? 

United States

32.4M
+29,536
+29,536
-
+299

Ah, the Monday lull.

18 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Ah, the Monday lull.

Yeah.  Something funny happening. 

After 2 months of daily deaths in the mid-upper teens, Maryland is reporting zero deaths.  Zero.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah.  Something funny happening. 

After 2 months of daily deaths in the mid-upper teens, Maryland is reporting zero deaths.  Zero.

Has anyone checked to see if Maryland is still there?

Another  small group... 

In the Heyday of Key West Race week they had about 750 competitors.

all of them dying wouldn’t matter any less than the 750 who died yesterday 

United States

32.5M
+50,058
+50,058
-
+751

MLB teams have 27 man rosters 

there are 32 teams 

864 players 

nobody gives a shit about the 890 who died today because ??? 

United States

32.5M
+40,531
+40,531
-
+890
3 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

MLB teams have 27 man rosters 

there are 32 teams 

864 players 

nobody gives a shit about the 890 who died today because ??? 

United States

32.5M
+40,531
+40,531
-
+890

That's a good comparison to put it in perspective.

People are tired of hearing about it, but it's not over

- DSK

Another milestone. Donnie’s  incompetence contributed to the piss poor American response which killed its 1000th person in My home county yesterday.

that’s more than died in most of the world’s countries. 

United States

32.6M
+45,085
+45,085
-
+794

I went to a high school where 7-12 had a total of barely over 700 kids. 
yesterday’s deaths were the same as exterminating all the kids, teachers, office staff, janitors, bus drivers, mechanics,  and a few visitors who would happen to stop by 

United States

32.6M
+47,325
+47,325
-
+818

More

United States

32.7M
+47,784
+47,784
-
+815

How many Moms have now died because of the incompetence and politicization led by the Orange Buffoon??

United States

32.7M
+33,789
+33,789
-
+607

More dead people. The Trump legacy continues to grow. 

United States

32.7M
+22,391
+22,391
-
+246

Fauci says there’s no doubt the United States has underestimated Covid deaths

... But Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told NBC’s “Meet the Press” show that a Washington University an analysis published on May 6 according to which the true balance is probably higher than 900,000, it is “a little more than what I would have thought”.

This shouldn’t be hard to understand . Pretty much anyone who dies was somebody’s best friend.

yesterday 367 American best friends croaked from  fucking COVID. 

picture your best friend and imagine the person died yesterday 

imagine if it happened tomorrow..

and then EVERY FUCKING DAY FIR A FULLKN.  L YEAR!!!

think about it  

TRUMP LIED in an effort to downplay the virus and encourage us to go ahead and mingle a while longer. ! 

United States

32.8M
+36,451
+36,451
-
+367

If 231 American people died in a day from a disease nobody knew about two years ago, would you be concerned?? 

Yesterday  it was three times that many and nobody seems to give a shit.

why do I have to wear a mask??

United States

32.8M
+34,088
+34,088
-
+693

More sick

More dead

United States

32.8M
+35,022
+35,022
-
+838
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

According to Worldometers, we're gonna break 600K, today.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.06.39 AM.png

So over a million in the real world?

Yep, ticked over 600,000 and with the GOP and anti-vaxxers still inciting 30,000 infections/700 dead a day the civil war toll seems feasible by June.

Between the Capitol insurrection and covid, that is quite some legacy.  

Keep an eye on Maryland's number in the next few weeks.  This weekend, Ocean City was PACKED, and virtually no one was wearing masks.  I fear we'll see a surge.

The NYT reports that 48% of Americans have at least one jab but vaccination rates are falling.  

I thought you needed something like 70% of the population vaccinated to really beat this thing.  Is the US going to get there?  

image.png.cb7f8588788efc51fd81bb0b023a5d6c.png

On 5/17/2021 at 5:15 AM, Sidecar said:

62BA3C99-5685-40FC-86A7-1F3EF5453F05.jpeg

How's that compare to the drone deaths of innocent civilians under Obama/Killery regime? 

3 hours ago, Bugsy said:

The NYT reports that 48% of Americans have at least one jab but vaccination rates are falling.  

I thought you needed something like 70% of the population vaccinated to really beat this thing.  Is the US going to get there?  

image.png.cb7f8588788efc51fd81bb0b023a5d6c.png

No, I don't think the US will get there. Democrats and Independents might, but there's a strong anti-vax group on the Left as well. One of my aquaintances is in that group, and she's full on nut-case. Cries when you say your kids got vaccinated. The wife and I are double-shotted, the kids have had shot 1. You can now get a shot at your local Walgreens with 1-2 day wait. Pretty soon likely on-demand but there is that issue with storage of Pfizer.

I suppose we'll see a reduction in the R voter rolls as a result. maybe 1-2%. 

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

No, I don't think the US will get there. Democrats and Independents might, but there's a strong anti-vax group on the Left as well. One of my aquaintances is in that group, and she's full on nut-case. Cries when you say your kids got vaccinated. The wife and I are double-shotted, the kids have had shot 1. You can now get a shot at your local Walgreens with 1-2 day wait. Pretty soon likely on-demand but there is that issue with storage of Pfizer.

Hat tip to new DNC Chairman Charles Darwin. 

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Shhhhhhh! So far they haven't figured out that the whole Anti Vax movement is a Dem. created plot to pwn the Rs.

My Mother in law was one of these. Thanks, you fucking murderous spreaders, for denying anybody ever dies from it. 

United States

33.1M
+28,935
+28,935
-
+675
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

My Mother in law was one of these. Thanks, you fucking murderous spreaders, for denying anybody ever dies from it. 

United States

33.1M
+28,935
+28,935
-
+675

Sorry to hear it, condolences.

13 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

United States

33.1M
+28,935
+28,935
-
+675

Condolences Gouv, give your wife a big hug from us all. This thing just sucks.

• Like 3