24 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Something like 1/2 of the deaths in the first wave were nursing home folks. These new sick people are younger, one assumes more fit. They only have a lifetime of damaged lungs and other organs to deal with.

My Grandfather was the first WWI soldier from St Paul to be sent home because of his injuries. He was a victim of a mustard gas attack. 
He lived with his screwed up lungs until 1953. The cause of death was “complications from Mustard gas injury.”

I do not think the WWI casualty figures were modified when he died. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife is giving us constant harassment about my lack of personal protection from boat shop customers.  but.... Since mid January, lI have had  a big yellow caution tape stretched across the d

Must really piss you off that Trump is hitting primarily blue states with his virus.

Planning a party?

Posted Images

While the narcissist brags about the the worst unemployment Numbers this century,  Americans continue to get sick and die at record rates. 

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States

2.74M
+52,609
+670

Looking at the recent statistics, the core European countries (GB, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc.) still have more recorded deaths per million than the US of A.  They have around 400-600 per million and the we are just under 400 per million.  BUT...they have deaths mostly in the single digits per day now, while we are in the high hundreds and likely to go back to the 1,000 per day when the new case surge produces its likely outcome of tragedies.  We will, too soon, join with Brazil to lead the world in per capita deaths.

The European central governments did many things right.  Our Federal "leaders", as did Brazil's, merchandised denial.  

So, yes, those increasing USA deaths can properly be called "tRump deaths".

So much winning.

• Like 1
On 6/27/2020 at 10:00 PM, Rok Dog said:

Johns Hopkins.   

our death rate is pretty darned low.  

did you leave your home these past few months?  Is that Trumps fault?  

states determined what the quarantine requirements were.  Feds can’t do that.  You want to give Trump power over the states or just blame him because you can’t stand him.  

The Trump white house blocked the CDC from releasing guidelines for safe re-opening to states and local governments.  That lack of guidance, mixed messaging, and pressure to re-open is what lead to the mess you have now.

https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573d2ead4bd323a4d4

This is on Trump.

24 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

"99% of tested cases are totally harmless."

DJ Trump, Independence Day 2020

lookie here , mikie and the prez on the same page :)

On 6/29/2020 at 5:17 AM, Dog said:

That's nonsense, There are many variables involved in the spread of a pandemic. For example NY's high rate has been attributed to the prevalence of mass transit and elevators. In a number of states local officials mandated that covid positive patients be admitted in into nursing homes where 40% of covid deaths occurred. Pretending Trump killed them doesn't make it true. It's amazing the things otherwise intelligent people will make-believe to advance their political motivations.

It’s not amazing.  They just have nothing other than make-believe.  They are doing exactly what they are accusing Republicans of - lying to their stupid uninformed base.

5 hours ago, Rok Dog said:
On 6/29/2020 at 6:17 AM, Dog said:

That's nonsense, There are many variables involved in the spread of a pandemic. For example NY's high rate has been attributed to the prevalence of mass transit and elevators. In a number of states local officials mandated that covid positive patients be admitted in into nursing homes where 40% of covid deaths occurred. Pretending Trump killed them doesn't make it true. It's amazing the things otherwise intelligent people will make-believe to advance their political motivations.

It’s not amazing.  They just have nothing other than make-believe.  They are doing exactly what they are accusing Republicans of - lying to their stupid uninformed base.

That's right. All is well. There is no virus. How can there be a virus, do you SEE any virus?

Hoax! It's all a goddam libby-rull faggot enemy-of-the-people lamestream media HOAX!!

- DSK

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's right. All is well. There is no virus. How can there be a virus, do you SEE any virus?

Hoax! It's all a goddam libby-rull faggot enemy-of-the-people lamestream media HOAX!!

- DSK

The Trumpanzees seem to have forgotten to take their meds en masse today. Must be a hangover from Turnip's speeches, those ravings are like verbal lobotomies.

11 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:
United States

2.9M
+50,445
+273

If you back out 25k from the NY death centers it’ll look better 

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

The Trumpanzees seem to have forgotten to take their meds en masse today.

I wasn't aware there was a medication for stupidity.

Apparently it's rather ineffective.

2 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

If you back out 25k from the NY death centers it’ll look better 

Unlike you, I do not massage the statistics for political reasons. 

Thousands of good American people are sick, dying, permanently damaged, or dead. 

I believe many of those people would not have had the virus if our leadership has been as competent as the leadership in many other countries. 

When this is over, I have no idea how many extra people will have suffered and died because Donald John Trump was less competent than many other leaders. 

I am absolutely CERTAIN his approach to the pandemic has cost many people their lives. 

My current best guess is, “100,000 of the deaths SO FAR were caused by the bungling and deliberate lies of the incompetent POTUS.”

i think Republicans (Benghazi) set and live by a certain standard:

If four people die because a public official ignores intelligence, that person cannot ever be POTUS. 

The Gropenfuhrer should be removed

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Thousands of good American people are sick, dying, permanently damaged, or dead. 

I believe many of those people would not have had the virus if our leadership has been as competent as the leadership in many other countries. 

When this is over, I have no idea how many extra people will have suffered and died because Donald John Trump was less competent than many other leaders. 

I am absolutely CERTAIN his approach to the pandemic has cost many people their lives. 

My current best guess is, “100,000 of the deaths SO FAR were caused by the bungling and deliberate lies of the incompetent POTUS.”

If four people die because a public official ignores intelligence, that person cannot ever be POTUS. 

I stopped @ “I believe many of those people “

• Downvote 1

Well over that Gouv.

I posted a comparison of death rates between B.C. where it has been handled intelligently by an extremely experienced epidemiologist (Dr. Bonnie) and the USA where it has been handled by a cheap suit grifter.

Our death rate is currently 35 per million population.

Applied to the USA that would mean 11,500 deaths.

Since you currently have 132,000 dead that means the shitstain is responsible for 120,500 deaths.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

I stopped @ “I believe many of those people “

I made it clear, my position is only as good as my ability to gather information and consider its application. 

Unfortunately, you decided not to even consider my reasoning or the foundations used to develop my position.

Apparently, you do not wish to comprehend my position. Therefore, further productive  discussion with you is impossible. 

At least  I tried 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

I made it clear, my position is only as good as my ability to gather information and consider its application. 

Unfortunately, you decided not to even consider my reasoning or the foundations used to develop my position.

Apparently, you do not wish to comprehend my position. Therefore, further productive  discussion with you is impossible. 

At least  I tried 

Many have tried yet all have failed. Don't take it personally.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:53 AM, Rok Dog said:

When you are trying to be a good tRumpian and practice deflection, you shouldn't be so obvious.   

The most deaths of any country in the world despite having fantastic hospitals and medical staff... 

Denial just doesn’t work 

Why do Republicans and Democrats have different views about the severity of the situation, the danger of the disease, how bad it hurts those who get it, whether masks help... what the fuck do any of those things have to do with political views?? 
   What is next?? Will Republican pitchers throw fastballs while Democrats throw sliders and sinkers? Will curveballs be libertarian? 

this situation is nuts 

United States

3.11M
+62,425
+810
  • Like 3
36 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

The most deaths of any country in the world despite having fantastic hospitals and medical staff... 

Denial just doesn’t work 

Why do Republicans and Democrats have different views about the severity of the situation, the danger of the disease, how bad it hurts those who get it, whether masks help... what the fuck do any of those things have to do with political views?? 
   What is next?? Will Republican pitchers throw fastballs while Democrats throw sliders and sinkers? Will curveballs be libertarian? 

this situation is nuts 

United States

3.11M
+62,425
+810

Stay safe gouv!

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Stay safe gouv!

My wife is giving us constant harassment about my lack of personal protection from boat shop customers. 
but....

Since mid January, lI have had  a big yellow caution tape stretched across the driveway. 
there is a ships bell attached to a big sign 

“please ring this bell until we acknowledge your presence. Sometime after that exchange, one of us will stop what he was doing, clean up enough to open up his protective gear, and saunter over to chat with you. 
Don’t even think about stepping past the yellow tape without Wearing  a mask. If you are foolish enough to enter the shop without a mask, please expect someone to grab a weapon of some sort and to be chased by that crazed madman who will be shouting descriptions of your mother’s marital status and how she funded your household from her bedroom.”

We generally wear 3m 6000 series masks whenever any one is making dust or painting. 

We have hand sanitizer and various hand soaps all over the building and around the outdoor spigots. 

We use 90% alcohol as our primary hand cleaning solvent 

Most of my customers are over Seventy. Nearly all are over 60...

Except  for the juniors ... their parents have made it clear .... “Gouv is older than dirt. You cannot go anywhere near him because he might die.” Just stand outside and tell him what you want and he will help from far far away .

so.... I don’t really know what else we can do to stay safe 

• Like 7
46 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

fuck the taxes bullshit. Nothing will change 

do not be distracted 

His policies will kill another thousand people today.

He has no policies, just excuses and threats.

Oh yeah... that Trump guy sure has done a fine job leading the response to the COVID 19 war 

United States

3.37M
+60,719
+482
On 7/5/2020 at 2:55 PM, Gouvernail said:

Why is the death rate so much higher elsewhere?   Even Canada’s is higher than US.  

2 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

Why is the death rate so much higher elsewhere?   Even Canada’s is higher than US.  

Not on this planet.

Canada's deaths are in the neighborhood of 1/100th of the US. Of course, Canada's gov't actually followed medical science instead of wishful thinking.

Peasants are bad at math. And they don't "believe in" science other than their cell phones

- DSK

3 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

When new cases spike, the number on the bottom of the fraction gets bigger right away; it takes a few weeks for the deaths to catch up and the number on the top of the fraction to catch up.  

6 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

“Death rate” .... There are a myriad of ways to measure a death rate. 
 Our “lower” death rate is “ of those who have been diagnosed, not as many die.”

Therefore, my answer to your question is:  The USA is effectively spending resources on caring for those who are found to be sick. 

..... Other countries have spent much more effort ( and have been more successful) trying to keep people from getting sick at all. 

*** Another way to look at the “death rate” is simply “How many deaths are happening.”

****A simply huge very real consideration  left out by merely considering the death rate is the human suffering of going through having the disease and the long term health of those who have survived their first bout with the virus. 

***The USA currently has more sick, dying, and dead people than any other country on the planet. The USA is on pace to have more citizens with COVID related long term health problems than most other countries combined. 

mr @Rok Dog ... Do you honestly believe “low death rate” you describe says the USA is doing a good job handling the onslaught of COVID 19? 

I think your particular “low death rate” describes a system where our medical professionals are doing a brilliant job of caring for a foolish population. 

last: I fix boats. Specifically, I fix the boats which are broken while playing games at the local sailing club.

I have a great Roc Dog “repair rate.” Every broken  boat brought to me over the last forty years has been fixed.

In the years since we have made an effort to get people, especially beginners, to quit hitting other boats, we have had far fewer boats to fix. 

I hope you can see the analogy and how it applies to keeping people from getting sick. 

7 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

The only "Death rate" that matters is how many people die, relative to the population.

US is at 433 dead/Million (and we know some states are lying about the cause of death)

Canada is at 233 dead/million

US in 9th place, Canada in 20th. 

US Winning again!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

5 hours ago, Rok Dog said:
On 7/14/2020 at 6:10 AM, Mid said:

That’s not the RATE.  That’s cumulative.  

Yeah, that makes it all OK

If the same measures used in advanced countries... you know, places where they have doctors who know science and the people aren't stupid fucking peasants enduring a medieval plague.... if those measures were used in the USA we would have 10,000 or less.

Ten thousand people is a hell of a lot of people.

Back in March when predictions of over ten thousand deaths were being published, people like Trump and Mikey were saying that was total hogwash.

- DSK

13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah, that makes it all OK

If the same measures used in advanced countries... you know, places where they have doctors who know science and the people aren't stupid fucking peasants enduring a medieval plague.... if those measures were used in the USA we would have 10,000 or less.

Ten thousand people is a hell of a lot of people.

Back in March when predictions of over ten thousand deaths were being published, people like Trump and Mikey were saying that was total hogwash.

- DSK

They were talking MILLIONS at one point.

1 hour ago, Rok Dog said:

Starting to talk millions again. trump's team whispering 2 million again. 

1 hour ago, Rok Dog said:

The big number bandied about at the outset was something like 2.2 million dead if zero mitigation.  If we didn't have an election coming up to get the cause of all the deaths out of the white house and senate, we might even have reached it. 

Don’s virus 

He is going such a great job of wiping out people with bad genes. 

United States

3.48M
+65,370
1.03M
+1,413
8 hours ago, Rok Dog said:
22 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

And that's not going to happen now, because..... why, exactly?

- DSK

8 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

The big number bandied about at the outset was something like 2.2 million dead if zero mitigation.  If we didn't have an election coming up to get the cause of all the deaths out of the white house and senate, we might even have reached it. 

I think it is higher depending on how many Goya ads he does from the Oval Office, while ignoring the pandemic.

Don't worry, folks! With all Covid19 data reporting  being diverted from CDC to HHS I think we're going to see a miraculous turnaround in the severity of the pandemic. Everything's gonna be just fine!

Like the resident said "like a miracle, it will just go away...I hope!"

22 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Don't worry, folks! With all Covid19 data reporting  being diverted from CDC to HHS I think we're going to see a miraculous turnaround in the severity of the pandemic. Everything's gonna be just fine!

Like the resident said "like a miracle, it will just go away...I hope!"

Heck we might even see a hundred thousand resurrections and it isn't even Easter.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

And that's not going to happen now, because..... why, exactly?

- DSK

Because we’re stopping the counting.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

He needs more dead kids.

The White House will NOT allow CDC to testify at next week's hearing on safely reopening Schools

Remember, they don't want science to "stand in the way" of opening schools.

52 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

He needs more dead kids.

The White House will NOT allow CDC to testify at next week's hearing on safely reopening Schools

That is just insane.  How can anyone support Trump after this?

On 7/16/2020 at 5:44 AM, badlatitude said:

I think it is higher depending on how many Goya ads he does from the Oval Office, while ignoring the pandemic.

The MyPillow guy is plenty pissed he didn't get an ad with a picture of Ivanka taking a nap on the Resolute desk.

• Like 1
On 7/14/2020 at 3:10 AM, Mid said:
On 7/14/2020 at 2:52 AM, Rok Dog said:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths

Why is Rok Head such a moron? Even Dog is not as stupid as Rok Head.

Today's data: (average deaths)

USA:  723

Canada:  11.4

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=usa&areas=gbr&areas=can&areasRegional=usny&areasRegional=usca&areasRegional=usfl&areasRegional=ustx&cumulative=0&logScale=1&perMillion=0&values=deaths

It's not a sport where we keep score.  It is a tragedy in the USA.  

Further, today the NYT is reporting there are groups opposed to the corona virus vaccine.  The vaccine - that doesn't exist yet - is said (by these groups) to be unsafe.   

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-anti-vaccine.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I simply cannot understand what is going on in the USA.  

2 hours ago, Bugsy said:

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=usa&areas=gbr&areas=can&areasRegional=usny&areasRegional=usca&areasRegional=usfl&areasRegional=ustx&cumulative=0&logScale=1&perMillion=0&values=deaths

Further, today the NYT is reporting there are groups opposed to the corona virus vaccine.  The vaccine - that doesn't exist yet - is said (by these groups) to be unsafe.   

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-anti-vaccine.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

You remember Pandora's Box? Well, it turns out that Hope was not the last little spirit in the box. The last little spirit in the box was Too Goddam Stupid To Live, and it waited all this time to fly out.

Why it picked here, I dunno... something to do with cable TV I would guess

- DSK

• Like 1

It is hard to properly up the disgust level as fast as Trump lowers his administration's performance

United States

3.68M
+75,821
1.08M
+936
12 hours ago, Bugsy said:

An interesting average.

That Gropenfurher fella sure knows how to run a pandemic. 
If the death count is like Olympic medals, he has his country absolutely clobbering the  competition!!!

United States

3.78M
+65,389
1.11M
+879
On 7/15/2020 at 10:56 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

I’m wondering how Trump figured out how to make the virus hit only specific areas hard.  

3 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

I’m wondering how Trump figured out how to make the virus hit only specific areas hard.  

Easy Peasy - open for business - save the economy.  Grandparents here gladly die for it.  In the NE and west coast? No testing and tens of thousands of people arriving from China and Europe.  Bonus for targeting poor people like black and hispanics - Frontline did another excellent doc last night on workers in meat packing plants and farm workers, sucks to be them.

Do you require anything else? I am always happy to assist.

21 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Easy Peasy - open for business - save the economy.  Grandparents here gladly die for it.  In the NE and west coast? No testing and tens of thousands of people arriving from China and Europe.  Bonus for targeting poor people like black and hispanics - Frontline did another excellent doc last night on workers in meat packing plants and farm workers, sucks to be them.

Do you require anything else? I am always happy to assist.

Where do you think he will he make it go next?

• Downvote 2
1 minute ago, Dog said:

Where do you think he will he make it go next?

i should have corrected the other Dog as "make" is not correct, allowed would be more accurate. Now that it's here it will go wherever it can, much like water flows unless it is stopped by some other force. The forces hindering the spread are in spite of the Pandumbic Response Team.

Any other insipid questions?

5 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

i should have corrected the other Dog as "make" is not correct, allowed would be more accurate. Now that it's here it will go wherever it can, much like water flows unless it is stopped by some other force. The forces hindering the spread are in spite of the Pandumbic Response Team.

Any other insipid questions?

Well what do you expect in a thread that attributes the dead in a pandemic to one person.

• Downvote 2
Just now, Dog said:

Well what do you expect in a thread that attributes the dead in a pandemic to one person.

I would expect someone to understand before posting - this isn't about the dead, this is about the excess dead due to Trump's dismissal of it.  Please try harder, thanks.