what-a-dick-768x467.jpg

So, Mr. Watson, what can we deduce from this? Who is the victim? What is the motive? Is it really that short? What kind of scenario played out here? Your best theories are most welcome!

10 minutes ago, Matagi said:

what-a-dick-768x467.jpg

So, Mr. Watson, what can we deduce from this? Who is the victim? What is the motive? Is it really that short? What kind of scenario played out here? Your best theories are most welcome!

Ok, I found the FP, whats the story?  I can only see the picture.:wacko:

4 minutes ago, LeoV said:

You miss the dick drawn on the hull. Or it is a new Plimsol mark.

Thanks, Its Monday morning and I need more coffee it seems. :P

Is that the same schooner that was sitting on the dock at Pendennis a few years ago having been foreclosed on by the bank?  Looks like it's in the same place but facing the other direction...

1 hour ago, hdra said:

Is that the same schooner that was sitting on the dock at Pendennis a few years ago having been foreclosed on by the bank?  Looks like it's in the same place but facing the other direction...

Pretty sure that schooner is Adela. The foreclosed boat in Pendennis was Windrose. 

Even with the new artwork, Adela is a whole different league and the owner and crew push the boat hard, it's done the C600 a few times and clocked something like 52 sail 'manoeuvres' during one race. 

56 minutes ago, NZK said:

Pretty sure that schooner is Adela. The foreclosed boat in Pendennis was Windrose. 

Even with the new artwork, Adela is a whole different league and the owner and crew push the boat hard, it's done the C600 a few times and clocked something like 52 sail 'manoeuvres' during one race. 

Foreclosure!? I'm surprised, I've always thought stupid expensive boats and houses were all cash transactions for the super rich...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Student_Driver said:

Looks like Adela.  It’s for sale. $13MM. The owner died a few years back.  Beautiful restoration. 

Reminds me of the Astor that used to sit on the end of B dock at the Peninsula Marina in Channel Islands Harbor in the 70's. The Ed will remember.

http://www.astor.org/

On 5/18/2020 at 10:55 AM, Liquid said:

Foreclosure!? I'm surprised, I've always thought stupid expensive boats and houses were all cash transactions for the super rich...

When I bought my Maserati a few months ago at the Maserati Bentley dealership, I was (of course) taken to the finance manager's office, to get pressured to buy a warranty and lending products providing the dealership with appropriate kickbacks incentives.

"Nope, just run my debit card." The manager was dumbfounded. I asked, "Don't most purchasers of Bentleys and Maseratis just pay cash?" And her response: "No, nobody. Everyone leases."

19 minutes ago, carcrash said:

When I bought my Maserati a few months ago at the Maserati Bentley dealership, I was (of course) taken to the finance manager's office, to get pressured to buy a warranty and lending products providing the dealership with appropriate kickbacks incentives.

"Nope, just run my debit card." The manager was dumbfounded. I asked, "Don't most purchasers of Bentleys and Maseratis just pay cash?" And her response: "No, nobody. Everyone leases."

Should have stretched to a warranty, you'll probably need it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PaulinVictoria said:

Should have stretched to a warranty, you'll probably need it.

Seems like good post based on the thread title! :D

54 minutes ago, carcrash said:

When I bought a 5 speed toyota 14 years ago, (gosh time flies!) the head of sales already knew me well enough to not put me through that finance guy. The only thing she warned me of, "you know that if you want to get the car in the next couple of days, there's only one color..." to which I said, "yeah, I know, I'm probably buying the only stickshift they sent to the whole country this year."
When I went back to dealer a few years ago to buy a new car, the newer sales person evidently didn't look up my files and sent me to the room with the annoying finance guy. I ended up walking away.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, carcrash said:

Dealerships don't make money on cars.  That is NOT their business.  Their business is making loans.  the cars are at best the come-on and usually seen as just a nuisance.  

They all went to the Jack Welch (What a Dick!) school of business.   

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Dealerships don't make money on cars.  That is NOT their business.  Their business is making loans.  the cars are at best the come-on and usually seen as just a nuisance.  

They all went to the Jack Welch (What a Dick!) school of business.   

GMAC