Black Lives Matter

12 hours ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

“What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.

The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement.”

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/04/25/baltimore-mayor-gave-those-who-wished-to-destroy-space-to-do-that/

Nonsense....she is specifically referring to providing space for destructive behavior...“we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”  The statement is unambiguous.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please hold, we are currently experiencing a high volume of arrests and investigations of insurrectionists, Proud Boys, White Supremacists, 3%'ers, rednecks, Magats, Florida Congressmen, GOP lawyers,

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

Nonsense....she is specifically referring to providing space for destructive behavior...“we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”  The statement is unambiguous.

Here is her full statement, so the context can be understood. 

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

She was speaking about peaceful protesting (bolded) and the part about destruction was an admission too much space was given.  The use of the word "while" makes clear she sees a distinction between peaceful protesting and destruction.  She later clarified and lamented she did not use the word "Unfortunately" right before the snippet you want to focus on.

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

She was speaking about peaceful protesting (bolded) and the part about destruction was an admission too much space was given.  The use of the word "while" makes clear she sees a distinction between peaceful protesting and destruction.  She later clarified and lamented she did not use the word "Unfortunately" right before the snippet you want to focus on.

That interpretation would be easier to swallow if they had done anything at all to stop the violence and destruction. Doing nothing is not striking a balance.

"In politics the clearer a statement is the more likely it is to be clarified" Charles Krauthammer.

16 minutes ago, Dog said:
25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

That interpretation would be easier to swallow if they had done anything at all to stop the violence and destruction. Doing nothing is not striking a balance.

"In politics the clearer a statement is the more likely it is to be clarified" Charles Krauthammer.

As an armchair police commander, your opinion is noted.

Hopefully, you learned something about the entire statement made by SRB and will stop focusing on a snippet.

But, I am not holding my breath.

17 minutes ago, perioecus said:

Oh how sweet it is:

Well dang if that young fella wasn't uppity. They used to just have to take it and say "Yes suh!" but not anymore. I thought Trump was gonna make Amurica great again. 

I don't reckon that old pile of shit is going to ask that question of another human being ever again. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well dang if that young fella wasn't uppity. They used to just have to take it and say "Yes suh!" but not anymore. I thought Trump was gonna make Amurica great again. 

I don't reckon that old pile of shit is going to ask that question of another human being ever again. 

Probably not. They were both POSs however. No mask? Come on man.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Probably not. They were both POSs however. No mask? Come on man.

I hadn't even noticed that.  At least the racist old shitbag had a mask on ... kinda...at least until his head got knocked sideways. 

For some reason, the old Eddie Murphy "Mr. White" gag just came to mind. 

17 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

IMHO one of the top items would be "Police (and jail guards) stop killing so many black people."

Doesn't seem difficult to grasp. It's been pretty clearly stated by a lot of black people.

What am -I- doing personally? Resting on my laurels, mostly. But also trying to be persuasive in a good cause.

- DSK

1657EC10-4AF0-45E1-BCC7-272A53B17645.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The way you start drooling when you think of Trump's little mushroom?

And BTW Malcolm X was not in favor of police killing black people

- DSK

BravoBravo prefers to let memes made by others do his thinking and talking for him.

16 hours ago, mikewof said:

We can be as open, understanding, equitable and intelligent as we want, that's not really where most of the problem is.

I can't agree with the part in bold. From what I've seen in this country, the vast majority of American want justice and equity. Yes, some don't, but they seem to be either far in the weeds of society, or stuck in an upper echelon of society where their interaction with regular Americans is so sparse that they are socially retarded, in a sense. But most Americans who share the roads, shop the coupons, wait for their dry cleaning, sip coffees and light beer, they're just us. We say and do stupid things, but we don't really hate our neighbors, we just want to relax and try to keep these short lives from screaming by too quick.

But even with that, racism propagates because it's build into the foundations of our economy, of social services, of our infrastructure. It's just bloody everywhere, these physical remnants of a dark, dismal and profoundly racist era.

But we can't move on until we undo most or all of that stuff. The only real racists that really impeded progress in any substantial numbers anymore are the ones who submit that institutional racism is just a cry-baby version of an unfair economy, or of an unfair life, rather than a remnant of of that time when Black people and Mexicans and a bunch of other people were systematically repressed because the general populace was taken in by disinformation from the elite of the threat that these Americans posed to them.

And now we're not as stupid as we used to be, and the elites have to find new ways to maintain their hold on us.

I haven't the foggiest idea what you mean that you can't agree with the part in bold. The part in bold states: " [t]he majority (or the old guard). They don't." What's to disagree with? That the majority is the old guard?

My point is that minorities in the US don't necessarily want to be like the majority per se. Yes, everyone wants the freedom to pursue their dreams and goals. But many who immigrate want to maintain their cultural identity while living their version of the American Dream. The same is true of other minorities: they don't appear to want so much to assimilate, but to maintain cultural autonomy. This applies, IMHO to BLM as well in that many proponents don't want to be dark-skinned white people, rather have their heritage, to celebrate it and allow it to evolve and grow, not to have it suppressed. (Disclaimer: I'm an old-er, white guy in a white collar job.)

Apparently we disagree on this point. That's fine with me. I have no desire to change others' beliefs (well, as long as they accept objective facts--something that's missing a lot these days, with "alternative facts" being propagated as acceptable truths). Aside from my confusion as to what it is you disagree with, I think your statement is well taken. Thanks for your response.

11 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

BravoBravo prefers to let memes made by others do his thinking and talking for him.

Trying to be kind and make it easy for you to understand 

24 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I haven't the foggiest idea what you mean that you can't agree with the part in bold. The part in bold states: " [t]he majority (or the old guard). They don't." What's to disagree with? That the majority is the old guard?

My point is that minorities in the US don't necessarily want to be like the majority per se. Yes, everyone wants the freedom to pursue their dreams and goals. But many who immigrate want to maintain their cultural identity while living their version of the American Dream. The same is true of other minorities: they don't appear to want so much to assimilate, but to maintain cultural autonomy. This applies, IMHO to BLM as well in that many proponents don't want to be dark-skinned white people, rather have their heritage, to celebrate it and allow it to evolve and grow, not to have it suppressed. (Disclaimer: I'm an old-er, white guy in a white collar job.)

Apparently we disagree on this point. That's fine with me. I have no desire to change others' beliefs (well, as long as they accept objective facts--something that's missing a lot these days, with "alternative facts" being propagated as acceptable truths). Aside from my confusion as to what it is you disagree with, I think your statement is well taken. Thanks for your response.

Apologies, I read it differently. I do agree with you that the majority of the elites are so far out of touch with reality by this point that they not only allow the institutional racism to continue to exist, but they protect it.

I thought you meant that the majority (what I thought you means) in the USA isn't progressive enough to want to do away with this nonsense. From what I've seen, both left and right, they don't have much to gain from the continued application of institutional racism. It's hurting us all.

We can accept the "they took our jobs" routine, but eventually it becomes obvious that the ones who "took our jobs" are the ones who refuse to modernize our economy. And we're left in 2020 with this broken-wheeled contraption, increasingly unable to compete globally.

22 hours ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

But working on my own understanding of the issue I've come to realize that I've been wrong all these decades when I've prided myself on being colorblind--that attitude leads to an expectation that others want to be like the majority (or the old guard). They don't. They want to be themselves and coexist as such.

You lost me there.  I'm not sure what you mean by a color blind attitude leads to the expectation that others want to be like the majority.  Are you saying that a colorblind attitude assumes blacks want to dress, talk, and act like whites?  I don't know where you got that from, but I still pride myself on being as color blind as possible (but not always perfect) and I never expect them to act, dress or talk like me.  I'm more than happy for anyone to be who they want to be and coexist.  But it also doesn't mean I have to particularly like it or condone how they talk and dress and act.  Until anyone -whether it be white, black, brown or Orange - gives me a reason to distrust them or not want to be around them, they get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  Besides I'm an equal opportunity hater.  I dislike most people in general and their skin color has zero to do with it.  I feel equally uninterested in hanging out with uneducated, loudmouth white trash as I do with the uneducated, loudmouthed black and brown trash.  I have a very small circle of close friends and family and then a slightly larger circle of friends and coworkers I hang out with socially.  And honestly if the COVID wiped out the rest of the planet outside of them, I probably would not shed too many tears or give too many fucks.

Just saying.

14 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

You lost me there.  I'm not sure what you mean by a color blind attitude leads to the expectation that others want to be like the majority.  Are you saying that a colorblind attitude assumes blacks want to dress, talk, and act like whites?  I don't know where you got that from, but I still pride myself on being as color blind as possible (but not always perfect) and I never expect them to act, dress or talk like me.  I'm more than happy for anyone to be who they want to be and coexist.  But it also doesn't mean I have to particularly like it or condone how they talk and dress and act. 

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I'm

I don't know

I still pride myself

I never expect

I'm more than happy

I have to

gives me

I'm

I dislike

I feel

I do

I have

I hang out

I would not shed too many tears or give too many fucks.

Just saying.

Your narcissism is showing.

Just saying.

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

And honestly if the COVID wiped out the rest of the planet outside of them, I probably would not shed too many tears or give too many fucks.

Just saying.

Yeah. This is why things like diarrhea, pneumonia, air pollution, cholera, malaria and other easy-to-prevent diseases kill some 10 million people every single year, and COVID is the first time that the not "give too many fucks" crowd suddenly gives a fuck ... because suddenly it's not just millions of brown people's lives on the line, but their life too.

I used to warn you back in the UAV days, that we need to treaty this shit now, while we can get behind it, because eventually even small powers and asymmetric powers will have the ability control deep-entry UAVs. And then suddenly the targets won't just be brown people who drive donkeys, but Caucasian people who drive luxury German automobiles too. And then we'll find ourselves in roughly the same area that we now find ourselves with COVID ... scared silly, and unable to think clearly.

People die. It's normal. Sometimes when people get old and fragile, they'll even die of COVID. But you should find a way to give a few "fucks" about those few million children who die from diseases that can be cured with little more than some water chlorination, and a few antibiotics.

20 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

Your narcissism is showing.

Just saying.

Would you prefer I talk in the 3rd person instead?  Here let me try it:  "Burning Man is as far from being a narcissist as one can get".  Burning man is actually the antithesis of a narcissist".  

Or as a (in)famous poster here once said"  "Reading my posts is voluntary"

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Your video cuts off the location, and has no link. Why are most of those protesters white?

The scene is a restaurant in Rochester and it's their behavior not their race that's important. Calling them protestors is being kind.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Your video cuts off the location, and has no link. Why are most of those protesters white?

Dog is blind to how there are many documented cases of outside agitators causing mayhem and the blame being (incorrectly) assigned to BLM.

I've posted a link which clearly illustrates this, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.  But, I fear he has not read it.

It must be hard to be so fucking firm in your view that you won't allow facts to influence you.

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Dog is blind to how there are many documented cases of outside agitators causing mayhem and the blame being (incorrectly) assigned to BLM.

I've posted a link which clearly illustrates this, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.  But, I fear he has not read it.

It must be hard to be so fucking firm in your view that you won't allow facts to influence you.

The local Rochester news is confirming that the protesters are from out of town. 

Spectrum News is told people have come from out of town to support tonight's movement organized by Free the People Roc, which is calling for the resignation of Mayor Lovely Warren and Police Chief La'Ron Singletary for what they call a cover up in the handling of Prude's death.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/rochester/public-safety/2020/09/04/protests-in-rochester-continue-september-4-after-daniel-prude-death

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Are you suggesting that the video does not depict BLM in action?

Could someone post the Headquarters of BLM so I can protest them? TIA.

Meanwhile 4 cops were fired this week in Houston. Damn video showed them shooting a guy twice and tased lying on the ground having a mental breakdown - he tried to reach a spent taser. So what happened next? They could have stepped back or bravely stand and shoot 19 more times.  And the guy died. Loser. Probably deserved it for being crazy.

19 minutes ago, Dog said:

It does, but videos don't always portray things accurately.

The three affected restaurant owners have since issued a joint statement on social media, supporting the protesters and saying that they understood "the anger and hurt our community is feeling right now."

"Despite what videos might depict, we lost some glassware last night. You can not deny the anger and hurt our community is feeling right now," the statement said, according to the Democrat & Chronicle.

https://www.insider.com/watch-rochester-blm-protesters-intimidate-diners-to-leave-restaurant-2020-9

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

15 minutes ago, hrothgar said:

Someone should show this to the people burning down our cities...I'll bet most of them would say MLK Is a hero of theirs...

Hroth

Y’all should talk. 

2 hours ago, hrothgar said:

Someone should show this to the people burning down our cities...I'll bet most of them would say MLK Is a hero of theirs...

Hroth

I don't think the folks running the false flag operations 1) will pay attention and 2) no, he is not THEIR hero.

3 hours ago, Dog said:
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

You got that from what I wrote?  Sheesh.  There may be no hope for you.

Here, I'll say it again.

Where in that do you get that I was questioning the video you shared?

38 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Here, I'll say it again.

I didn't.... but you posted it in response to the video of BLM actors behaving badly so it was a reasonable question.

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

I didn't.... but you posted it in response to the video of BLM actors behaving badly so it was a reasonable question.

By posting that video, you attempt to use it as illustrative of the BLM movement, as a whole.

Most people refer to such attempts as disingenuous and "cherry-picking".

I offered a counterpoint, grounded in a fact-based reality.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Here, I'll say it again.

No problem.

Wherever there is rioting and looting, the police should show up in overwhelming numbers and arrest everyone seen omitting crimes. 

I have heard BLM members saying that they are entitled to loot.  But I don't really care to which group the criminals claim allegiance.  

6 minutes ago, jzk said:

Wherever there is rioting and looting, the police should show up in overwhelming numbers and arrest everyone seen omitting crimes. 

the GOP is all about omitting the crimes of their party's leader 

33 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

By posting that video, you attempt to use it as illustrative of the BLM movement, as a whole.

Most people refer to such attempts as disingenuous and "cherry-picking".

I offered a counterpoint, grounded in a fact-based reality.

Like it or not, that video is reality.

12 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

the GOP is all about omitting the crimes of their party's leader 

Yeah, a (D) party leader has never broken a law. Well, at least none that "counts", since even perjury is acceptable depending on the setting.

How about "no controlling legal authority" when being caught red handed? Thank goodness Holder was there to ignore the crime.

Law enforcement taken away from jobs that need doing . . 

to deal with the lies of the Reich. 

Honestly Reichistas, you have long since blown up any credibility or regard for the truth that you might have had . . 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/us/antifa-wildfires.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said on Thursday that 911 dispatchers were being overrun with requests for information about an untrue rumor that antifa members had been arrested in connection with fires. The office said the rumors were making a difficult situation even harder. “Do your part, STOP. SPREADING. RUMORS!”

8 hours ago, bpm57 said:

Yeah, a (D) party leader has never broken a law. Well, at least none that "counts", since even perjury is acceptable depending on the setting.

How about "no controlling legal authority" when being caught red handed? Thank goodness Holder was there to ignore the crime.

Yeah. That’s EXACTLY what he said. 

Jesus, you really need to work on your reading comprehension and give the whataboutism a rest. 

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
8 hours ago, bpm57 said:

Yeah. That’s EXACTLY what he said. 

Jesus, you really need to work on your reading comprehension and give the whataboutism a rest. 

Well, this is Trumpublican logic: "A Democrat did something wrong, a couple of times. Therefor no Republican can ever be guilty of anything, forever."

As for Democratic Party leaders who break the law, I fully support giving them a trial and then sentencing them in accordance with their crime. In fact, I think party affiliation is completely and totally irrelevant before the law.

- DSK

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, this is Trumpublican logic: "A Democrat did something wrong, a couple of times. Therefor no Republican can ever be guilty of anything, forever."

More reading comprehension problems from the "all (D), all the time" echo chamber. Imagine.

Yeah, we know, (D) never, ever, do anything wrong.

5 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

More reading comprehension problems from the "all (D), all the time" echo chamber. Imagine.

Yeah, we know, (D) never, ever, do anything wrong.

Once again. Yeah. That’s EXACTLY what he said

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

As for Democratic Party leaders who break the law, I fully support giving them a trial and then sentencing them in accordance with their crime. In fact, I think party affiliation is completely and totally irrelevant before the law.

- DSK

;)

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Any Dem who has broken the law is low hanging fruit, compared to the writhing, condescending, and slippery Publicans.  I give you Al Franken as proof.  Gillebrand couldn’t bring any of the Publicans Down, just Al.  QED. :P Sad!

I just thought I would give the local Reich a heads up on the travails of the Hall family . . 

so they can gear up to assassinate their characters . .   

which is what they do best, after all 

Army veteran couple 'terrorized' by racial attacks at their Michigan home  

Detroit News 

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

I just thought I would give the local Reich a heads up on the travails of the Hall family . . 

Army veteran couple 'terrorized' by racial attacks at their Michigan home  

Detroit News 

You could at least provide a link, dumbass.

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

You could at least provide a link, dumbass.

Bite me, ya punk. I gave you all you need. 

Do you own flippin' homework 

And BTW, that "Vote Dem or Else" logo above sure looks Rooskie to me. 

9 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Spot the character assassin.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, frenchie said:

No, the lazy one is AJ for failing to include the link with his headline.  That's the way it's done here.  It's not my job to go search for the initial story.

Any of you BLM supporters want to support this? 

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/la_sheriffs_shot_in_cold_blood_blm_protestors_block_emergency_room_entrance_chanting_we_hope_they_die.html

In a demonstration of astounding psychopathetic brutality, Black Lives Matter protestors blocked the entrance to a Los Angeles emergency room as two near-mortally wounded sheriffs, ambushed in cold blood in Compton, were brought in bleeding. And to make sure nobody misunderstood their intentions, they chanted in