Black Lives Matter

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

Has anyone seen the 3 + minutes of Floyd after being handcuffed resisting two officers trying to get him into the backseat of the SUV...?

Good afternoon fruitcake.  Nope.  You got a point to make, or are you just bullshitting?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the police report the statue slipped and fell into the river.

LOL...really...LOL...one of the lefts favorite rants is against privatized prisons...

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Has anyone seen the 3 + minutes of Floyd after being handcuffed resisting two officers trying to get him into the backseat of the SUV...?

And then took 8 minutes to kill him for that which the manual says you are fucked. Your 20 year service boy knows that even if he can't read so he is truly fucked at 2nd degree (40 years max) so long time being a prison bitch.

51 minutes ago, Sean said:

If this happens, we’ll know there’s been real progress. Don’t hold your breath -

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/bubba-wallace-nascars-only-black-driver-calls-for-confederate-flag-ban-at-tracks-get-them-out-of-here/

That's as likely as the KKK being declared a terrorist organization...and yeah, there's an un-Amurican push for that to happen too. What in tarnation is a-goin-on-here? It's almost like some folks just don't understand the inherent superiority of old white dudes. 

48 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Nobody has SEEN it but plenty of Trumpalos imagine it

- DSK

16 hours ago, jzk said:

How will there be separation of powers when one of those entities has no power or doesn't even exist?

Why do you insist on making shit up?

11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Who the fuck cares? He was just some old white dude! 

4 minutes ago, Venom said:

Who the fuck cares? He was just some old white dude! 

You sound like one of those valiant boys in blue. 

"Venom" is a good moniker for you. 

Know anything at all about Catholic Worker? Didn't think so. 

8 hours ago, jzk said:

Hey Randipshit, nice to see you.  How is the systemic racism coming along in your country?  Don't you guys still have actual concentration camps? 

Yeah, there is one waiting for you, we lockup liars and fraudsters here.

Come on over.

15 minutes ago, jzk said:

I get it.  We are going to defund the police, but not really defund the police?

The Mpls City Council already said that 80% of the calls into 911 are not crime related. Why roll the militia to something that can be done cheaper, and with people better trained for the issue?

That 20%, take the money and give it to the Sheriff. He's voted in, has to answer to the voters.

I would think a free-markets guy like you would want the most efficient solution, hell, give some of the money to private suppliers of services.

Or, you can make up mistruths and lies and play games.

On reflection, I'm leaning more and more into defunding the Po-Leece.  Or significantly cutting back most budgets.  I said in another thread that a militarized po-leece is not needed for 90% of the community's issues and that better social services, mental health, community outreach and such would make a MUCH more signicant difference to minority communities than more cops. 

Of course to do this, we have to essentially commit to defunding the war on drugs too, because that goes hand in hand.  The budgets that go to fund the arrest, prosecution and incarceration of some folks who only want to smoke a little weed could be used to pay for these other social services that I discussed above and in other threads.  

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I would think a free-markets guy like you would want the most efficient solution, hell, give some of the money to private suppliers of services.

I'm ok with that.  But you do realize that the equity gaps would become even more apparent when cities defund the cops and black residents get little to no protection as a result of being LE being defunded and more affluent white communites pony up to pay for their own services, right?  

8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

On reflection, I'm leaning more and more into defunding the Po-Leece.  Or significantly cutting back most budgets.  I said in another thread that a militarized po-leece is not needed for 90% of the community's issues and that better social services, mental health, community outreach and such would make a MUCH more signicant difference to minority communities than more cops. 

Of course to do this, we have to essentially commit to defunding the war on drugs too, because that goes hand in hand.  The budgets that go to fund the arrest, prosecution and incarceration of some folks who only want to smoke a little weed could be used to pay for these other social services that I discussed above and in other threads.  

I'm ok with that.  But you do realize that the equity gaps would become even more apparent when cities defund the cops and black residents get little to no protection as a result of being LE being defunded and more affluent white communites pony up to pay for their own services, right?  

if nice neighborhoods pay for their own services, the additional units freed up can go patrol the black neighborhoods. With their cameras on, and criminal charges if they kill unarmed people or turn their cameras off.

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

A friend just sent this to me. Have fun with it.

I was not in violent disagreement until she got to Planned Parenthood and CIA conspiracies.  Dumb cunt.

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

if nice neighborhoods pay for their own services, the additional units freed up can go patrol the black neighborhoods. With their cameras on, and criminal charges if they kill unarmed people or turn their cameras off.

If the white neighborhoods are paying good money, why would any cop want to work the poor hoods??

34 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

You guys keep jumping to defund means drop to zero.

We can have a better conversation if you don't misrepresent what others are saying. 

But take a look at the "What liberals are" thread. All you can tell is what Republicans(who are no longer conservative) label Liberals- and from the looks of it, it's anti-gun. And that's it.

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Why is she dressed like a Canadian?

Her name is Katie Bertino, she is a Texan, so that explains the confusion. Actually, she is a transplanted Southern Californian, but she loves those Second Amendment rights.

42 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Of course, when I'm talking about new services, I'm talking about people to find housing for the homeless, or drug addiction programs for the addicted.

You, being the scared little snowflake you are, think POLICE and immediately think PROTECT ME FROM THE SCARY BLACK RAPISTS.

When 80% of their calls are non-criminal.

Typical.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Her name is Katie Bertino, she is a Texan, so that explains the confusion. Actually, she is a transplanted Southern Californian, but she loves those Second Amendment rights.

So she's Sybil.

6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

You sound like one of those valiant boys in blue. 

"Venom" is a good moniker for you. 

Know anything at all about Catholic Worker? Didn't think so. 

No, just pointing out that police brutality is more than a race issue.  

BLM has made a substantial impact. So far, we are seeing Confederate statues being pulled down. The Navy announced that they are considering removing ships named for Confederate Generals, The Marine Corp has outlawed Confederate flags, the Army, announced that bases will be renamed that is currently named for Confederate Generals, Rocky Mount, North Carolina, has approved of the removal of a century-old statue. Virginia is planning to remove the General Lee statue fro Richmond, but have to work through a couple of lawsuits first.

But the cherry on top seems to come from the State of Mississippi, who adopted a resolution to remove the Confederate symbol from the Mississippi state flag. Not bad for a little more than a week's work.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Venom said:

police brutality is more than a race issue.  

who ever said otherwise? 

You make it sound like BLM didn't protest the police killing Daniel Shaver, Justine Damond, Jeremy Mardis, Daniel Harris... but they did.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Venom said:

No, just pointing out that police brutality is more than a race issue.  

Well no, that is not what you wrote at all. Not close. You wrote this about Mr. Gugino . .  

@Venom  "Who the fuck cares? He was just some old white dude!" 

Which made my respect for you, which was scant already, drop to nothing. 

So you can write such ignorant, evil drivel - and not bother to 

do the least reading about the Catholic Workers? 

4 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well no, that is not what you wrote at all. Not close. You wrote this about Mr. Gugino . .  

@Venom  "Who the fuck cares? He was just some old white dude!" 

Which made my respect for you, which was scant already, drop to nothing. 

So you can write such ignorant, evil drivel - and not bother to 

do the least reading about the Catholic Workers? 

Google “sarcasm”, mate. 

Good morning fruitcake.  This crime took place under a republican president, with a republican AG, a republican senate, etc etc.  And the president has not done anything but incite more violence and throw his weight around like a dictator.  Unfortunate that the republicans have someone so inept in office, but they did vote for him after all.

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Good morning fruitcake.  This crime took place under a republican president, with a republican AG, a republican senate, etc etc.  And the president has not done anything but incite more violence and throw his weight around like a dictator.  Unfortunate that the republicans have someone so inept in office, but they did vote for him after all.

POTUS has absolutely NOTHING to do with the day to day management of a podunk cities of 500k  ......the only one inciting violence was ANTIFA & 

Soros.png

• Downvote 4
9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Antifapation, Antifapation it's making me crazy           apologies to Carly. 

BBBlm.jpg

• Downvote 4
Just now, badlatitude said:

Cite? Since there are no available numbers from the government for those numbers I have to conclude that they are made up.

Kinda like the basis for questioning the election and impeachment....toad

• Downvote 4
6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

No, not at all. Where's the cite?

Kinda like White Privileged....you have to prove it is not true

• Downvote 4

No, I am not saying that at all. Why are you trying to demean minorities?

It sure sounds like you are.   I never said they couldn't do those things.

10 minutes ago, jzk said:

Are you saying that other races are not competent enough to achieve those things?  Who is the white supremacist?

Bingo !

• Downvote 5

You questioned their competency. Just how racist are you?

I questioned your opinion of their competency.  You seem to think that whites fill that listed percentage of those categories because of "white supremacy."  Your words not mine.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, jzk said:

I questioned your opinion of their competency.  You seem to think that whites fill that listed percentage of those categories because of "white supremacy."  Your words not mine.

No, you didn't. I am not the one making poor word choices. Those are the words of Robin Di Angelo, an American academic, who works in the field of critical discourse, an author who has written extensively on white fragility. I imagine that's why you feel threatened by it.

13 hours ago, Raz'r said:

You guys keep jumping to defund means drop to zero.

We can have a better conversation if you don't misrepresent what others are saying. 

But take a look at the "What liberals are" thread. All you can tell is what Republicans(who are no longer conservative) label Liberals- and from the looks of it, it's anti-gun. And that's it.

Hey, don't blame us for your choice of words.  

de·fund | \ (ˌ)dē-ˈfənd  \

defunded; defunding; defunds

Definition of defund

transitive verb

: to withdraw funding from

de·fund
/dēˈfənd/

verb
US

1. prevent from continuing to receive funds.
    "the California Legislature has defunded the Industrial Welfare Commission"

If "defund" is not what you and your elk mean, then stop using it and use a better term.  "Defund" has a specific meaning as evadent from the definitions above.  In addition Minneapolis city council specifically said to defund the police and look at alternatives for po-leecing to replace the MPD.  That sounds like they want to cut ALL funding to the po-leece.  And you all jumped on the bandwagon.  Words have meaning.  But I guess dictionary definitions have a conservative bias.

Edit to add:  You obviously missed my caveat when I said in the post you are responding to here :  "On reflection, I'm leaning more and more into defunding the Po-Leece.  Or significantly cutting back most budgets" 

RIF

13 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Of course, when I'm talking about new services, I'm talking about people to find housing for the homeless, or drug addiction programs for the addicted.

You, being the scared little snowflake you are, think POLICE and immediately think PROTECT ME FROM THE SCARY BLACK RAPISTS.

When 80% of their calls are non-criminal.

Typical.

Dude, who the fuck are you referring to???  I'm on your side on this.  I specifically called for using those funds for social services instead of the Po-leece.  You're so set on having an argument because of what you *think* I believe instead of seeing that I agree with you.  I have long said that the key to addressing the BLM issues with po-leecing is to invest in the community to address those issues such as mental health, child care services, domestic violence counseling, drug addiction programs, etc rather than just the police rolling in armed and armored looking for a fight.  When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  

Get over your JDS and you might be able to actually have an adult conversation one of these days.  

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Dude, who the fuck are you referring to???  I'm on your side on this.  I specifically called for using those funds for social services instead of the Po-leece. You're so set on having an argument because of what you *think* I believe instead of seeing that I agree with you.  I have long said that the key to addressing the BLM issues with po-leecing is to invest in the community to address those issues such as mental health, child care services, domestic violence counseling, drug addiction programs, etc rather than just the police rolling in armed and armored looking for a fight.  When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  

Get over your JDS and you might be able to actually have an adult conversation one of these days.  

Damn man !...The Great Society and Affirmative Action and Head Start and  HUD and on and on and on..... very weak family unit in the black population, the short comings are overlooked as a "cultural thing"...what are you offering to do...call the Condum Patrol ...hell unwed black momma's its a right of passage popping out chill's as "income multipliers"

• Downvote 3
13 hours ago, badlatitude said:

BLM has made a substantial impact. So far, we are seeing Confederate statues being pulled down. The Navy announced that they are considering removing ships named for Confederate Generals, The Marine Corp has outlawed Confederate flags, the Army, announced that bases will be renamed that is currently named for Confederate Generals, Rocky Mount, North Carolina, has approved of the removal of a century-old statue. Virginia is planning to remove the General Lee statue fro Richmond, but have to work through a couple of lawsuits first.

But the cherry on top seems to come from the State of Mississippi, who adopted a resolution to remove the Confederate symbol from the Mississippi state flag. Not bad for a little more than a week's work.

That's all fine and good.  But it's window dressing.  Confederate flags, statues and army base names are not the cause of the problem here.  It's like renaming the Washington Redskins...... it will make the snowflakes feel better but won't change the living conditions of the native 'muricans one teensy bit.  

26 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

No, you didn't. I am not the one making poor word choices. Those are the words of Robin Di Angelo, an American academic, who works in the field of critical discourse, an author who has written extensively on white fragility. I imagine that's why you feel threatened by it.

Yes I did.  Here are my words.  "Are you saying that other races are not competent enough to achieve those things?  Who is the white supremacist?"

Try to understand the language.  I am asking you a direct question about what you are saying.   And as far as you posting the words of another, you are the one posting them.  If you don't endorse them, don't post them with the tag "start here."

Who would feel threatened?  Do you realize that everyone can make money?  One person's gain is not another person's loss.

27 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Hey, don't blame us for your choice of words.  

If "defund" is not what you and your elk mean, then stop using it and use a better term.  "Defund" has a specific meaning as evadent from the definitions above.  In addition Minneapolis city council specifically said to defund the police and look at alternatives for po-leecing to replace the MPD.  That sounds like they want to cut ALL funding to the po-leece.  And you all jumped on the bandwagon.  Words have meaning.  But I guess dictionary definitions have a conservative bias.

Edit to add:  You obviously missed my caveat when I said in the post you are responding to here :  "On reflection, I'm leaning more and more into defunding the Po-Leece.  Or significantly cutting back most budgets" 

RIF

Poor baby can't handle the complexity of what's really happening. 
tell ya what, Tucker's come out against something you can really sink your teeth into, Sesame Street. Get on it champ!

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

That's all fine and good.  But it's window dressing.  Confederate flags, statues and army base names are not the cause of the problem here.  It's like renaming the Washington Redskins...... it will make the snowflakes feel better but won't change the living conditions of the native 'muricans one teensy bit.  

You're wrong, it seems to be your new normal. 

Symbols matter.

Otherwise you wouldn't piss your pants every time someone kneels during the anthem.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

tell ya what, Tucker's come out against something you can really sink your teeth into, Sesame Street. Get on it champ!

Poor snowflake....

Just now, Raz'r said:

You're wrong, it seems to be your new normal. 

Symbols matter.

Otherwise you wouldn't piss your pants every time someone kneels during the anthem.

Again, you must be thinking of someone else.  I fully support athletes taking a knee in protest during the anthem and have said so many times here.  RIF MF'er.

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Which is why you called home kaeperfuck.

keep dancing jeffreaux.

Nope.  Another lie because you can't keep your anger focused on the correct boogey men.

11 minutes ago, jzk said:

Yes I did.  Here are my words.  "Are you saying that other races are not competent enough to achieve those things?  Who is the white supremacist?"

Try to understand the language.  I am asking you a direct question about what you are saying.   And as far as you posting the words of another, you are the one posting them.  If you don't endorse them, don't post them with the tag "start here."

Who would feel threatened?  Do you realize that everyone can make money?  One person's gain is not another person's loss.

You simply don't get it. Watch this and get a clue.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You simply don't get it. Watch this and get a clue.

You don't get it.  We aren't talking about that video, we are talking about your misinterpretation of the English language.  

19 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

tell ya what, 

SisGif.gif

• Downvote 3

Oh fiddle-dee-dee! It’s quittin’ time for those locked in Tara…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52990714

Vivien_Leigh_Gone_Wind_Restored.jpg.1835a5dd102509cf7bcba4676f23821b.jpg

“How wonderful to know someone who was bad and dishonourable and a cheat and a liar, when all the world was filled with people
who would not lie to save their souls and who would rather starve than do a dishonourable deed!...”

17 hours ago, Burning Man said:

True. But local or private police services will be closely controlled by their clients. Those wealthy clients mostly want to be protected from the poor hordes. Patrolling the gates and fences, mostly. The reality of the War on Drugs is that is entirely designed to beat on the poor (and originally on the communist-leaning hippies). No way do the wealthy want the police looking into their drug supply chain. Probably even de-emphasize drunk driving, wife beating and a bunch of other wealthy-folk pastimes.

2 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

True. But local or private police services will be closely controlled by their clients. Those wealthy clients mostly want to be protected from the poor hordes. Patrolling the gates and fences, mostly. The reality of the War on Drugs is that is entirely designed to beat on the poor (and originally on the communist-leaning hippies). No way do the wealthy want the police looking into their drug supply chain. Probably even de-emphasize drunk driving, wife beating and a bunch of other wealthy-folk pastimes.

The war on drugs predates the war on communism. 

3 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

POTUS has absolutely NOTHING to do with the day to day management of a podunk cities of 500k

So it wasn't Trump who Made America Great Again? It is not Trump who desires to maintain the status quo with Keep America Great? You think police killings are managed with interoffice memos? They are managed by leaders tweeting, speaking at rallies, supporting talking heads on cable tv, etc. Who has been the loudest leader, by far, for the last few years? Obama, Hillary, Pelosi, or Trump? I'll give you a minute.

2 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

So it wasn't Trump who Made America Great Again? It is not Trump who desires to maintain the status quo with Keep America Great? You think police killings are managed with interoffice memos? They are managed by leaders tweeting, speaking at rallies, supporting talking heads on cable tv, etc. Who has been the loudest leader, by far, for the last few years? Obama, Hillary, Pelosi, or Trump? I'll give you a minute.

disen.gif

• Downvote 3
3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

If "defund" is not what you and your elk mean, then stop using it and use a better term.

Maybe a poor word choice in the heat of protest. Would be helpful to the various causes if everything was centrally controlled like the daily talking points from the Reich. This left stuff is always a mess. It is the burden of democracy, liberty, and free expression.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I just had my ears drained, please tell me what that says.

Basically said that  LBJ's " The Great Plantation"....has been  a failure under Democratic implementation and has shackled  most blacks to the plantation with mental slavery and subsistence hand outs via a multitude of government programs providing very basic care for all their cradle to grave needs in exchange for votes and being told their dismal lives are not their fault it has been republicans and white society

• Downvote 3
13 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Basically said that  LBJ's " The Great Plantation"....has been  a failure under Democratic implementation and has shackled  most blacks to the plantation with mental slavery and subsistence hand outs via a multitude of government programs providing very basic care for all their cradle to grave needs in exchange for votes and being told their dismal lives are not their fault it has been republicans and white society

Thank you, so in other words, another fantasy story from the right.

15 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Much of the failure can be placed squarely on the reactionary right obstructing gains at every opportunity. Just like you are doing now. Even gains that would help poor white Americans are rejected just because they might get shared with the non-whites. Every tiny little thing meets ferocious objections from your elk. Look at the reaction to the simple three words "Black Lives Matter". What the fuck was that about? 

Trump's ideas for "the blacks" didn't really MAGA. And nobody wants today's iteration of KAG.

Do you have any suggestions for progress? Or does the whole idea of progress scare you? What have you got to lose?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Ah yes, Candace Owens, too bad the $205,00 she raised was sent back by GoFundMe to donors. She was also suspended from fundraising " because of a pattern of “inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community”

Ah yes, Candace Owens, too bad the $205,00 she raised was sent back by GoFundMe to donors. She was also suspended from fundraising " because of a pattern of “inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community”

Candace Owens is definitely racist against the black community also.  Everyone that disagrees with you is racist by definition.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

croww.gif

• Downvote 3

That's because you don't understand white fragility.

Candice Owens suffers from white fragility also, apparently.  And she a white supremacist.