Black Lives Matter

10 hours ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

In related news,

A New Report Shows Elijah McClain Was Killed by a Cascade of Constitutional Violations

Not sure if any of those were "clearly established" constitutional violations, but that's a topic for another thread anyway.

The police who stopped him had no understanding of any threat that he presented, and stopped him without any violation. He was detained without cause, so the 'cascade' started from there. It led to his death in part because they had no procedure for handing a law-abiding citizen that they wanted to detain anyway.

Elijah was killed for the crime of being Black and deciding to wear a mask before COVID was invented.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the police report the statue slipped and fell into the river.

Bingo !

Posted Images

On 2/24/2021 at 6:43 AM, Pedagogical Tom said:

In related news,

A New Report Shows Elijah McClain Was Killed by a Cascade of Constitutional Violations

Not sure if any of those were "clearly established" constitutional violations, but that's a topic for another thread anyway.

Police arrest a guy walking home from work in Texas, https://news.yahoo.com/charge-dropped-against-black-teenager-181431777.html

Luckily, the man avoided any engagement and ended up spending the night in the jail, rather than dead, like Elijah.

"Young Black men like me, we're scared of the police because they
kill and arrest us," he continued. "That's why I didn't want to answer
a question, I wanted to go home."

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

Police arrest a guy walking home from work in Texas, https://news.yahoo.com/charge-dropped-against-black-teenager-181431777.html

Luckily, the man avoided any engagement and ended up spending the night in the jail, rather than dead, like Elijah.

"Young Black men like me, we're scared of the police because they
kill and arrest us," he continued. "That's why I didn't want to answer
a question, I wanted to go home."

Those jokers deserve a nice lawsuit.

On 2/24/2021 at 12:23 PM, Dog said:

And as bad as white killing black murders are they're about half the numbers for black killing white and both pale in comparison to black killing black.

It happens in a vacuum.  The same place your thought occurs. 

pig moseys up to me and asks 'how're you doin' today?'

well, I was fine till you showed up, pig. you quota hunting?

2 hours ago, 3to1 said:

pig moseys up to me and asks 'how're you doin' today?'

well, I was fine till you showed up, pig. you quota hunting?

Substitute "Woof Woof" in this pic

image.png.48a593602f7617e899bdb36479252fff.png

Appropriate to bring this back with new wording, it was originally a play on "sow confusion"

I'd apologize, but I'm not sorry!

- DSK

30 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Substitute "Woof Woof" in this pic

image.png.48a593602f7617e899bdb36479252fff.png

Appropriate to bring this back with new wording, it was originally a play on "sow confusion"

I'd apologize, but I'm not sorry!

- DSK

he kinda' looks like cooter, but more inquisitive.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, learningJ24 said:

Right up with these guys, but Texas is Texas.

Texas police officer who led black man by rope said 'This is gonna look so bad'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/03/texas-galveston-police-black-man-led-by-rope-donald-neely

Up here, they pepper-spray a (already handcuffed) 9-year-old (already in the back seat of the cruiser) girl for yelling too loud after they threatened to... pepper-spray her.

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Up here, they pepper-spray a (already handcuffed) 9-year-old (already in the back seat of the cruiser) girl for yelling too loud after they threatened to... pepper-spray her.

Well, in all fairness - he DID warn her.  :ph34r:

<Ducking and running for cover>  :P

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, badlatitude said:

Police execute search warrant at home of gun-toting couple

Source: AP

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Authorities executed a search warrant at the St. Louis mansion of a white couple whose armed defense of their home during a recent racial injustice protest drew widespread attention, their attorney confirmed Saturday. 

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who are personal injury lawyers, were caught on video brandishing guns as demonstrators walked past their Renaissance palazzo-style home on June 28 while headed to protest outside of the mayor’s home nearby. The video showed Mark McCloskey, 61, wielding a long-barreled gun and Patricia McCloskey, 63 standing next to him waving a handgun. 

Joel Schwartz, the couple’s lawyer, said a search warrant was served Friday evening and that the gun Mark McCloskey was holding in the video was seized. Schwartz told The Associated Press that arrangements have been made to turn over to authorities on Saturday the gun that Patricia McCloskey had been holding, adding that her gun was inoperable at the time of the protest and still is. 

The couple has not been charged, and Schwartz said charges against them would be “absolutely, positively unmerited.” 

800.jpeg

FILE - In this June 28, 2020 file photo, armed homeowners Mark and Patricia McCloskey, standing in front their house along Portland Place confront protesters marching to St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson's house in the Central West End of St. Louis. Authorities executed a search warrant Friday evening, July 10, 2020, at the St. Louis mansion owned by the McCloskey's, a white couple whose armed defense of their home during a racial injustice protest last month made national headlines. said. Joel Schwartz, who is now representing the couple, confirmed on Saturday that a search warrant was served, and that the gun Mark McCloskey was seen holding during last month's protest was seized. (Laurie Skrivan/St. Louis Post-Dispatch via AP) 

Read more: https://apnews.com/06da8173787de66efcdda67a61630342 

The lawyer who pointed his gun at Black Lives Matter protesters in St. Louis is considering running for Senate

48 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I read that article, McCloskey still has to get past his felony charge for brandishing a weapon. The original prosecutor was pulled off the case by a judge for fund raising off the McCloskey's both before and after charges were lain. She tried to get back on the case, but the Missouri Supreme court said no. The good news is an Obama appointed US Attorney has been appointed to take the case.

I read somewhere that MsCloskey was financially hurt by the BLM march, if true, he better have exceptional financing lined up for a run. Being a Red state he will have lots of competition.

Texas sheriff 'incentivized' abuses with steakhouse gift cards

Lawsuit: Former Williamson County Sheriff Robert Chody ‘incentivized’ abuses with steakhouse gift cards 
by: Jody Barr 
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 / 06:32 PM CDT / Updated: Apr 21, 2021 / 08:50 PM CDT 

sheriff-robert-chody-mugshot.jpg?w=1920&Former Williamson County Sheriff Robert Chody and current Deputy Christopher Pisa are both named as defendants in a federal civil suit filed over an April 2019 excessive force traffic stop. (Williamson County Jail)Robert Chody (WCSO)Nembhard had her two daughters in the backseat of her car when Pisa stopped her. 

At one point during the stop, Pisa ordered her out of the car and to put her hands behind her back. The deputy then slammed Nembhard face-first onto the ground, according to the lawsuit, and Pisa got on top of the woman and put his knee into her back. ... 

Pisa charged Nembhard with resisting arrest and assault on a public servant, and she spent three days in the Williamson County Jail. The Williamson County district attorney later dismissed both charges against her and instead decided to prosecute Pisa for his actions in the video recordings. 

Pisa was shocked when he was asked to resign as he believed he was going to be rewarded with a steakhouse gift card by the department for his use of force against Ms. Nembhard, as was the custom and practice at the Williamson County Sheriff’s Department under the direction of Defendant Chody,” Nembhard’s attorneys wrote in the federal lawsuit.
25 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Texas sheriff 'incentivized' abuses with steakhouse gift cards

Lawsuit: Former Williamson County Sheriff Robert Chody ‘incentivized’ abuses with steakhouse gift cards 
by: Jody Barr 
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 / 06:32 PM CDT / Updated: Apr 21, 2021 / 08:50 PM CDT 

sheriff-robert-chody-mugshot.jpg?w=1920&Former Williamson County Sheriff Robert Chody and current Deputy Christopher Pisa are both named as defendants in a federal civil suit filed over an April 2019 excessive force traffic stop. (Williamson County Jail)Robert Chody (WCSO)Nembhard had her two daughters in the backseat of her car when Pisa stopped her. 

At one point during the stop, Pisa ordered her out of the car and to put her hands behind her back. The deputy then slammed Nembhard face-first onto the ground, according to the lawsuit, and Pisa got on top of the woman and put his knee into her back. ... 

Pisa charged Nembhard with resisting arrest and assault on a public servant, and she spent three days in the Williamson County Jail. The Williamson County district attorney later dismissed both charges against her and instead decided to prosecute Pisa for his actions in the video recordings. 

Pisa was shocked when he was asked to resign as he believed he was going to be rewarded with a steakhouse gift card by the department for his use of force against Ms. Nembhard, as was the custom and practice at the Williamson County Sheriff’s Department under the direction of Defendant Chody,” Nembhard’s attorneys wrote in the federal lawsuit.

Dang. He should run for Senate. With a record like that he could take down Sen. Cruz in the primary. 

Williamson County - just up I35 from Austin, Georgetown often voted prettiest town in Texas. Years ago a huge Sun City development was started so it's mostly older and very red folks that live there. It's a world away from Austin.  Most suburbs in Texas are red, thanks to Sin er Sun City this one is more so.

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dang. He should run for Senate. With a record like that he could take down Sen. Cruz in the primary. 

Cruz will be handing out trips to Disneyworld from his campaign funds if that happens.

11 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I read that article, McCloskey still has to get past his felony charge for brandishing a weapon. The original prosecutor was pulled off the case by a judge for fund raising off the McCloskey's both before and after charges were lain. She tried to get back on the case, but the Missouri Supreme court said no. The good news is an Obama appointed US Attorney has been appointed to take the case.

I read somewhere that MsCloskey was financially hurt by the BLM march, if true, he better have exceptional financing lined up for a run. Being a Red state he will have lots of competition.

Pointing a nonfunctional firearm at someone is about as stupid as it gets. If you're going to point it, you'd better be willing to fire it. If it doesn't fire, you're fucked when the person you pointed it at beats you to a bloody pulp with a baseball bat.

4 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

E9B1C957-8B19-41B1-AE5D-DA709E9866FB.jpeg

Fuckin’ A. 
Edit: and I just realized that I passed by the scene this afternoon as it was going down

Well done to the Cops who got the piece of shit that murdered that little angel.

9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Pointing a nonfunctional firearm at someone is about as stupid as it gets. If you're going to point it, you'd better be willing to fire it. If it doesn't fire, you're fucked when the person you pointed it at beats you to a bloody pulp with a baseball bat.

Was it non-functional on that day?  I do believe, when examined later, it was non-functional.

I only ask because we already know they tamper with evidence.  The gate they claim the crowd broke was intact and fully operable when the crowd was videotaped opening it and walking through.

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Was it non-functional on that day?  I do believe, when examined later, it was non-functional.

I only ask because we already know they tamper with evidence.  The gate they claim the crowd broke was intact and fully operable when the crowd was videotaped opening it and walking through.

Yes, I recall they said it had been deliberately assembled incorrectly after the fact. You'd think that lawyers would know better than to try and fuck with evidence.