Black Lives Matter

“You can’t (are not allowed) find fault with any group that is less fortunate, there are no behaviors that they need to change in order to advance. Society needs to accept them as they are. In other words, the causes are to remain the same but the effects are to change and if the effects don’t change then it’s societies fault.”

Sowell.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the police report the statue slipped and fell into the river.

LOL...really...LOL...one of the lefts favorite rants is against privatized prisons...

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

SW, why isn't Chicago using Jocal's solution?

You asking for solutions when half the fuckwits won’t acknowledge what the problem is ?

Good luck with that.

8 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

You asking for solutions when half the fuckwits won’t acknowledge what the problem is ?

Good luck with that.

Nah ... I'm flat out telling you that per Jocal505, gun violence is a public health issue, like the covid. There's no mystery. He has a proven solution according to him. Ask him. He's posting in this thread. 

Are you new here?

Joe, for the love of God and all that is good, stop being a know-it-all-dick and tell us how to stop the gun violence in Chicago. Sea Warrior is too shy to ask, I guess. I didn't expect shyness in the average navy seal but it is what it is. I'll tell ya who is a real sea warrior ... a fucking blue crab. It's life or death out here ever'day.

Me? I'd waterboard @jocal505's slack ass til he gave up what he claims is not a mystery and helps save black lives in Chicago. My son lives in a highrise on Lake Shore Dr (with a grand view of the lake) and he said, "Dad, do something! It's bad."

C'mon Joe, ya ducked Viet Nam, here's yer chance to atone.

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

If you are talking about something other than the government or vigilantes killing black people, you aren’t talking about BLM and it’s mission…you are just bullshitting a distraction. Don’t be bullshitters. 

50 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If you are talking about something other than the government or vigilantes killing black people, you aren’t talking about BLM and it’s mission…you are just bullshitting a distraction. Don’t be bullshitters. 

At the risk of quoting myself…

“Black Lives Matter worrying about police misconduct but not caring about the self-inflicted carnage taking place daily in black neighborhoods is like a person with gangrene of the foot worrying about an ingrown toenail.”

Did I mention lately how stupid you are?

3 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

At the risk of quoting myself…

“Black Lives Matter worrying about police misconduct but not caring about the self-inflicted carnage taking place daily in black neighborhoods is like a person with gangrene of the foot worrying about an ingrown toenail.”   ...

No, it's more like a person who has had other persons try to knock his teeth out being told he should floss regularly.

4 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Did I mention lately how stupid you are?  ...

Pro tip- to seem smart, quote somebody stupider than yourself.

- DSK

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Okay Bullshitter

Is Sea Warrior virtue signaling, again?

I remember he was acting like he really gave a shit about melanin-enhanced folks in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Is Sea Warrior virtue signaling, again?

I remember he was acting like he really gave a shit about melanin-enhanced folks in Chicago.

He's just trying to bullshit around BLM's stated mission by saying that it should be a different mission. Bullshitters love to change the subject. That was one of Lee Atwater's maxims...to always answer the question you want to answer, not the one you were asked. 

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He's just trying to bullshit around BLM's stated mission by saying that it should be a different mission. Bullshitters love to change the subject. That was one of Lee Atwater's maxims...to always answer the question you want to answer, not the one you were asked. 

Yeah.  I learned he is not worth the effort to engage.

He's just here to stir shit.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Yeah.  I find he is not worth the effort to engage.

He's just here to stir shit.

I tend to just use the general term "Bullshitters". He seems to respond to that for some reason.  I wouldn't have guessed that self awareness was a trait he enjoyed....

• Like 2
Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Okay Bullshitter

The only bullshit is that you are even remotely interested in "black lives" unless it fits with your shitlib agenda. 

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

That's going to be difficult for Sea Snot, even in this forum. Vermin or Gone Thinking may qualify.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:
4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's going to be difficult for Sea Snot, even in this forum. Vermin or Gone Thinking may qualify.

yeah, they are really getting toward the bottom of the barrel with this bunch. I sampled the Craigslist discussion forum, and you can find samples there that make Warbird and Sea Wanker seem like rocket scientists, so we're getting close to their best...

- DSK

8 hours ago, Venom said:

The only bullshit is that you are even remotely interested in "black lives" unless it fits with your shitlib agenda. 

Nearly 1600 people shot in Chicago alone this year, nearly every single one of them black and not a murmur out of the race-baiting shittards who dwell in this sewer.

10 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Nearly 1600 people shot in Chicago alone this year, nearly every single one of them black and not a murmur out of the race-baiting shittards who dwell in this sewer.

Well, if this is your mission in life, sir, it is not a wasted effort. I, for one, have cancelled my subscription to the Tribune thanks to your body-counting stats. I miss the comix, but here we have AJ, so there's always something ridiculous to read. 

This is just an opinion, so, please, no empty libel threats but my sense is you don't particularly care for your black bros and sistas any more than David Duke or The Donald; rather, your complaint has to do with the lack of concern by the BLM group.  

What else ya got?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How can the American Cancer Society waste so much time and energy fighting Cancer when so many people die of heart disease? Their mission is completely screwed up. 

Not only that, think of all the misguided people eating hot dogs when they should be eating chicken... I'm sure Sea Wanker has strong words for them, too

- DSK

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How can the American Cancer Society waste so much time and energy fighting Cancer when so many people die of heart disease? Their mission is completely screwed up. 

Pro tip of the day.

If you go to an oncologist with a gigantic lump on your nutsack and he tells you you’ve tonsillitis, go get a second opinion.

Or in your case not, because the world could do with a few less dumbfucks.

lol

13 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Which part was "lol" worthy?

Seriously, have you no argument on anything whatsoever?

I was laughing out loud at the notion of Sol having balls.

Crazy, right ?

As for my “argument”  or lack thereof.

It isn't that I don’t have one its just that you are either too dumb or otherwise unwilling to acknowledge it because it is self evident.

9 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I was laughing out loud at the notion of Sol having balls.

Crazy, right ?

As for my “argument”  or lack thereof.

It isn't that I don’t have one its just that you are either too dumb or otherwise unwilling to acknowledge it because it is self evident.

Maybe so. Can someone help a ... er... brother out?

24 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Which part was "lol" worthy?

Seriously, have you no argument on anything whatsoever?

It’s crazy that BLM isn’t putting all its effort into curing sickle cell anemia. CRAZY!

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

It’s crazy that BLM isn’t putting all its effort into addressing the real cause of the problems in the black community,CRAZY!

There

l fixed your stupid up.

Now, isn’t there some little old ladies somewhere you could be bilking?

lol

On 6/22/2021 at 7:21 AM, Blue Crab said:

Sooooo, you have nothing but that worn out spiel. Why do you think Chicago doesn't seek the solution you promote? Is it a personal thing against you and Gary? If it's so effective ... I watched the video and came away with the metaphor is clever but another 50 will die in Chicago before July.

Again, Why do you think Chicago doesn't seek the solution you promote? Where's the beef, Joe? 

Hi, Blue Crab.

Chicago has used the Cure Violence model in several areas, successfully, going by the numbers. When funding and support is there, the model works fine. 

Cure Violence works fine, even globally. Thank you for watching the video. This man , Gary Slutkin, has surfed on death, on a global level. Cholera. Typhoid. Diphtheria. Aids. Guns.

He has seen it all, and I sense that it broke something in the man.

Off with you now, go back to cooing Chicago.

2 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Hi, Blue Crab.

Chicago has used the Cure Violence model in several areas, successfully, going by the numbers. When funding and support is there, the model works fine. 

Cure Violence works fine, even globally. Thank you for watching the video. This man , Gary Slutkin, has surfed on death, on a global level. Cholera. Typhoid. Diphtheria. Aids. Guns.

He has seen it all, and I sense that it broke something in the man.

Off with you now, go back to cooing Chicago.

Just so you know yer mojo is working: Cooing chicago is every bit as annoying as dogballs. 

Everytime a bore uses his or her signature line an angel loses his lunch. 

SW, I get what you're after but BLM has a legitimate beef with cops. That's plenty to worry about.

You have a good issue as well but it's separate. Get up with Jocal. Maybe you can do more than bitch. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How can the police claim to be against crime when in places like Honduras crime is rampant? The only possible conclusion is that to the police, crime doesn't matter. 

5 hours ago, Mark K said:

How can the police claim to be against crime when in places like Honduras crime is rampant? The only possible conclusion is that to the police, crime doesn't matter. 

lol

That comical statement makes no sense.
Btw. Last time I checked, Honduras is a different country to the United States.

Do society a big favor and always wear a condom when you have sex, there’s a good chap.

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

SW, I get what you're after but BLM has a legitimate beef with cops. That's plenty to worry about.

You have a good issue as well but it's separate. Get up with Jocal. Maybe you can do more than bitch. 

Having lived on 4 continents and in more countries, I can assure you that the blacks are not the only group in this country that “have a legitimate beef with cops”

The attitudes and actions of the police in this country are beyond fucked up, no doubt. Every group should be scared of them and also of the legal system (as opposed to “judicial system”). 
 I see how people genuflect and kowtow before uniforms in this country and I’ve little doubt but that the population behave in that manner more out of fear than respect and that is very telling.

I also see how police people act in personal one on one interactions outside of their badges and how differently they behave in uniform, again, very telling.

Policing in this country has become an industry in and of itself and beholden to none but themselves and the lowest of the low appear to gravitate towards the professions. Of that there is little doubt, but to suggest that blacks are the only group that are targeted is  preposterous.

As to keeping the issues separate I say bollix.

If the black community get a handle on their internal issues of violence, single parenthood and being perpetual victims then I posit that the rest of the issues affecting them will dissipate . And until my wife, my children and myself can travel freely in whatever neighborhood we choose without getting caught in the crossfire between black domestic terrorists I’m going to continue to call bullshite on this whole sordid movement.

On 6/23/2021 at 5:25 AM, Blue Crab said:

Me? I'd waterboard @jocal505's slack ass til he gave up what he claims is not a mystery and helps save black lives in Chicago. My son lives in a highrise on Lake Shore Dr (with a grand view of the lake) and he said, "Dad, do something! It's bad."

C'mon Joe, ya ducked Viet Nam, here's yer chance to atone.

That's right, to the very core of my being, I would not do Viet Nam.  I had read every book Gandhi had written long before Viet Nam was a thing. And Mohammed Ali's POV was in TIME magazine, and he made a lot of sense. Yeah, instead of military conflict, my soul would do a few hitches of violence interruption, in the armpits of the USA, where, I saw what I saw. I saw your type, BC, I saw your ignorances.

About Chicago. Where's the mystery bro? Go follow the Cure Violence model. Follow their success. Their web presence lays out how they do it. Violence interruption, as learned at the level of the World Health Org. 

Wait, you are Blue Crab, a very sophisticated sort, so just kick back and pull the MLK, from your library. Brush up a bit.  But here is how the solution to the Chicago mystery lays out. Violence is the breeding ground for violence...so tack or jibe away from violence. Don't set up a society based on might makes right, with military force and armed-up citizens setting the norm.

31 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

But here is how the solution to the Chicago mystery lays out. Violence is the breeding ground for violence...so tack or jibe away from violence. Don't set up a society based on might makes right, with military force and armed-up citizens setting the norm.

This isn't a solution it's a preachy editorial comment.

As expected.

As soon as we run thru the schoolground insults, several of you whiners have nothing left to add.

We all have opinions. What we need are solutions. 

The more I think about Chicago, the more "BLM" needs clarification. Most black lives matter is closer to the truth. 

Blue collar Joes and Julies matter. And the older, retired folks matter. Kids matter. Upwardly mobile blacks matter, maybe they matter most because they're the ones who'll be running the show if the Ds prevail, or they'll be hunted down and killed if the Yahoos emerge on top. I believe most of them would have to admit they got some help from society along the way and they wisely used it.

What doesn't matter is gangbanger lives. This is not limited to blacks. Their relatives know this because, hopefully, they did what they could ... it just wasn't enough. 

Let all the drug cases and first time offenders out of prison and there will still be a bunch of recidivist badass guys in prisons. These are the lives that don't matter. The gangbangers (and gals) are the guys we should stop whining about. We put them in jail but we let them back out. These badasses are far beyond having Constitutional rights, and they've used their "I'm depraved because I'm deprived" and race cards already. 

How many blacks are there on the planet? 'Course it depends on the definitions but a quora response:

"About 1.1 billion in Africa, 15 million in Europe, 5 million in Asia and the middle east, 60 million in south america, 42 million in USA and Canada, 23 million in the Caribbean So overall about 1.25 billion, but it is growing extremely fast."

Just sticking to Africa, I can't think of any good news that ever gets reported. Nigeria has made some money with resources but everywhere else seems to be armies and gangs ripping off and raping or just plain genocide just because.

There are ~ 53 African nations. Can anyone name a location where the general pop of "blacks" are doing well? The colonials are long gone ... can't blame them any longer.

And don't bother calling me a racist. It's not about me. What should we do about Chicago? How about a bounty on gangbangers? And when arrested, they don't get out. Got a better idea? Let's hear it.

7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

The more I think about Chicago, the more "BLM" needs clarification. Most black lives matter is closer to the truth. 

Blue collar Joes and Julies matter. And the older, retired folks matter. Kids matter. Upwardly mobile blacks matter, maybe they matter most because they're the ones who'll be running the show if the Ds prevail, or they'll be hunted down and killed if the Yahoos emerge on top. I believe most of them would have to admit they got some help from society along the way and they wisely used it.

What doesn't matter is gangbanger lives. This is not limited to blacks. Their relatives know this because, hopefully, they did what they could ... it just wasn't enough. 

Let all the drug cases and first time offenders out of prison and there will still be a bunch of recidivist badass guys in prisons. These are the lives that don't matter. The gangbangers (and gals) are the guys we should stop whining about. We put them in jail but we let them back out. These badasses are far beyond having Constitutional rights, and they've used their "I'm depraved because I'm deprived" and race cards already. 

How many blacks are there on the planet? 'Course it depends on the definitions but a quora response:

"About 1.1 billion in Africa, 15 million in Europe, 5 million in Asia and the middle east, 60 million in south america, 42 million in USA and Canada, 23 million in the Caribbean So overall about 1.25 billion, but it is growing extremely fast."

Just sticking to Africa, I can't think of any good news that ever gets reported. Nigeria has made some money with resources but everywhere else seems to be armies and gangs ripping off and raping or just plain genocide just because.

There are ~ 53 African nations. Can anyone name a location where the general pop of "blacks" are doing well? The colonials are long gone ... can't blame them any longer.

And don't bother calling me a racist. It's not about me. What should we do about Chicago? How about a bounty on gangbangers? And when arrested, they don't get out. Got a better idea? Let's hear it.

Several are doing well. The US press doesn't bother to report that because they know their market isn't interested. 

The labeling of ignorant people as racist is wrong, inaccurate at best. The people here have no living memory of Africa and retain no culture from it. Been too way many generations since they were dragged over here and then some. Why do white people here think there must be? Because Africa is poor and the blacks here are poor? Charles Murry did a pretty good study that showed when white and black urban communities in the US reach the same level of poverty they become all but statistically identicle. The culture of urban poverty in the US is general, not race specific. 

The Nazis made Warsaw so poor the people in it behaved abhorrently. They took that as proof there was something about Jewish people that made them inferior. Watch out you don't fall into that same trap.   

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Several are doing well. The US press doesn't bother to report that because they know their market isn't interested. 

The labeling of ignorant people as racist is wrong, inaccurate at best. The people here have no living memory of Africa and retain no culture from it. Been too way many generations since they were dragged over here and then some. Why do white people here think there must be? Because Africa is poor and the blacks here are poor? Charles Murry did a pretty good study that showed when white and black urban communities in the US reach the same level of poverty they become all but statistically identicle. The culture of urban poverty in the US is general, not race specific. 

The Nazis made Warsaw so poor the people in it behaved abhorrently. They took that as proof there was something about Jewish people that made them inferior. Watch out you don't fall into that same trap.   

Please Tell me you aren’t trying to compare the conditions of inner city African Americans with their gold chains and iPhones to poor  unfortunate Jews in the Warsaw ghettos?

Because, man oh man but that’s fucked up if you did.

32 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Jeebus Mark. This must be a response to some other post. I'm talking about getting gangbangers off the street not driving Miss Daisy. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Jeebus Mark. This must be a response to some other post. I'm talking about getting gangbangers off the street not driving Miss Daisy. 

Sorry if I misinterpreted, but when people talk about black violence here and drag Africa into the conversation...well... that'll happen.  

BLM is getting labeled by the RW. The left has abysmal labeling these days so their shit is vulnerable. Watch them run around screaming about that "defund the police" chant.  Three words seems to be something of a limit for crowd chants, I guess. It was about questionable ROEs in place for some cops these days, gone on a long time really, it's the proliferation of video cams that's been providing evidence is all. Rodney King's beat down would never have been believed if it wasn't on vid. 

Tangential: Gaetz steps on yet another rake... 

https://www.newsweek.com/matt-gaetz-tweets-defund-fbi-then-deletes-it-amid-fbi-probe-1603550

17 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Sorry if I misinterpreted, but when people talk about black violence here and drag Africa into the conversation...well... that'll happen.  

Nah you weren't completely wrong. I'm thinking through this out loud. 

If there was something I'd like to shout out it would be:

WHERE'S THE BLACK LEADERSHIP? 

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

Does there have to be one? 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Keeping heads down, I would reckon

- DSK

• Like 1

Aldermen O’Shea, Lopez, Napolitano and Tabares today introduced an ordinance in Chicago city council “to establish greater parental responsibility and accountability for minors who commit crimes. The ordinance increases the maximum penalties for specific crimes, and adds a new requirement that offenders undergo licensed family counseling. It is our hope that the intervention of a licensed family counselor will have a positive impact.”

I’m doubtful that even if it is passed that it will have much success in implementation let alone in adherence but it is an acknowledgment that piss poor parenting and not racism or guns is at the root of the violence epidemic in Chicago. 

10 hours ago, Mark K said:
10 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Does there have to be one? 

Average Joes and Julies, and the management track people have bought in, so certainly not for them. 

But, there are 50M folks altogether. My sense is that younger folks don't feel any need to "fit in." I hear an intentional disregard for norms in English, and education generally which guarantees further separation from the other 300M of us who don't identify as black and feeds the racial stereotypes.   

20 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Upwardly mobile blacks matter, maybe they matter most because they're the ones who'll be running the show if the Ds prevail, or they'll be hunted down and killed if the Yahoos emerge on top.

This is what happens when African Americans get too upwardly mobile in America.

1920px-Panorama_of_the_ruined_area_tulsa

Tulsa race massacre

Randy, we know this. Your outrage is a tad too late. Possibly a couple of hundred years-tad too late.

This was my beef with Meli ... For awhile there, she seemed to think America doesn't have radio, tv, or internet even tho we invented them and everything else good under the kingdom of heaven and the god(s) of your choice. It doesn't matter which god you pray to cuz the whole concept is imaginary. May as well go big!

What, I for one, would like to read from posters is pragmatic suggestions, not the logo on the bottom of your boots.

This is not strictly an American issue. 

11 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

I’m doubtful that even if it is passed that it will have much success in implementation let alone in adherence but it is an acknowledgment that piss poor parenting and not racism or guns is at the root of the violence epidemic in Chicago. 

Yeah. All but unavoidable when children have children. The next step is learned helplessness turbocharged by laws encouraging having children for dollars. That's the uber-liberal idea of helping the back man and woman.

26 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Randy, we know this.

Why it took 100 years for America to learn about the Tulsa massacre

The long-hidden racist attack on “Black Wall Street” and its residents is finally in the open — and raising questions about all that Americans don’t know and have tried to hide.

6 minutes ago, random. said:

Why it took 100 years for America to learn about the Tulsa massacre

The long-hidden racist attack on “Black Wall Street” and its residents is finally in the open — and raising questions about all that Americans don’t know and have tried to hide.

Randy, we know this. Like I said. Why not use your brain for good?

In other BLM news, the black professor that our uber lib folks don't approve of, one John McWhorter, of the Ivy League, is on to something else that will further divide us from them.

He posits a new religion of Electism. This is newish to me but my quick take is that followers get to choose their own facts to believe. An example is: 

“As with Christ, the flesh of Michael Brown, Jr. made him imminently killable in the eyes of many and mitigated any claim of empathy on the hearts of too many others,” Stephen J. Ray informs us. “Michael Brown Jr. is and will be our shining Black Prince for from his death God has brought Life to us all and in his gaze we are enveloped in its power.”

https://johnmcwhorter.substack.com/p/it-is-just-hype-to-call-electism

This is scary stuff folks and the above quote isn't from some new weirdo but from the honcho at the Chicago Theological Seminary. This is what we have as black leadership and it's just as divisive AF.

Toss in some Jeremiah Wright from the United Church of Christ, and civil war doesn't seem so unlikely. IMHO   YMMV

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Randy, we know this. Your outrage is a tad too late. Possibly a couple of hundred years-tad too late.

I disagree, I think we need to be reminded often. 

What, I for one, would like to read from posters is pragmatic suggestions, not the logo on the bottom of your boots.

Pragmatic suggestions? Ask away. :D

40 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

In other BLM news, the black professor that our uber lib folks don't approve of, one John McWhorter, of the Ivy League, is on to something else that will further divide us from them.

He posits a new religion of Electism. This is newish to me but my quick take is that followers get to choose their own facts to believe. An example is: 

“As with Christ, the flesh of Michael Brown, Jr. made him imminently killable in the eyes of many and mitigated any claim of empathy on the hearts of too many others,” Stephen J. Ray informs us. “Michael Brown Jr. is and will be our shining Black Prince for from his death God has brought Life to us all and in his gaze we are enveloped in its power.”

https://johnmcwhorter.substack.com/p/it-is-just-hype-to-call-electism

This is scary stuff folks and the above quote isn't from some new weirdo but from the honcho at the Chicago Theological Seminary. This is what we have as black leadership and it's just as divisive AF.

Toss in some Jeremiah Wright from the United Church of Christ, and civil war doesn't seem so unlikely. IMHO   YMMV

If you were born black, would you be angry at a country full of white people all mouthing about "equality" and treating your extended family the way they have been?

I'd be pissed off as hell.

Does nothing to solve the real problems. Responding to their anger with indignation and self-righteousness, and of course anger, you know the way our non-racist pal Jeffie does.... how is that going to affect the situation?

How about a sympathetic nod instead, would that fucking kill you?

- DSK

Randy, we know this. Like I said. Why not use your brain for good?

Define "we".  I would offer you would be hard pressed to find many people know about the Tulsa Race Massacre.

I mean, other than members the very group who were slaughtered.

It is NOT taught in most schools.

31 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Define "we".  I would offer you would be hard pressed to find many people know about the Tulsa Race Massacre.

I mean, other than members the very group who were slaughtered.

It is NOT taught in most schools.

I heard about in jr high... maybe high school in Calif way way back but I get yer point and of course that goes to the year by year continuing dumbing down of Education, note upper case E. And let's not overlook the vast number of kids paying so little attention in school they don't know what they don't know or didn't bother to hear/grok/process. Horses and waterholes and all.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

My posts are my sympathetic nods, Doug. I'm trying to make it ok to talk about racism.

10 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

My posts are my sympathetic nods, Doug. I'm trying to make it ok to talk about racism.

My bad, sorry

- DSK

9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I heard about in jr high... maybe high school in Calif way way back but I get yer point and of course that goes to the year by year continuing dumbing down of Education, note upper case E. And let's not overlook the vast number of kids paying so little attention in school they don't know what they don't know or didn't bother to hear/grok/process. Horses and waterholes and all.

Ever since it was decided everything that matters is only that which can be measured by a standardized test (and, using such evidence as proof that teachers suck), education has been a a steep slide to mediocrity.  Right now, if you aren't a Math or Literacy teacher, your class is secondary.  Arts, PE, and anything else that CAN be cut HAS been cut.

Look at how many folks are historically and scientifically illiterate and realize this is a MAJOR reason for why stuff is so fucked up.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Ever since it was decided everything that matters is only that which can be measured by a standardized test (and, using such evidence as proof that teachers suck), education has been a a steep slide to mediocrity.  Right now, if you aren't a Math or Literacy teacher, your class is secondary.  Arts, PE, and anything else that CAN be cut HAS been cut.

Look at how many folks are historically and scientifically illiterate and realize this is a MAJOR reason for why stuff is so fucked up.

I’m working on the assumption here that you are talking about the educational system in the USA which is dismal.

But it is dismal not because of the reasons you suggest.

It is dismal because schools, inner city schools in particular have become nothing more than daycare centers where good teachers hands are tied because of the inability to discipline and also because sports fields have become more important than science laboratories.

Artists aren’t taught, artists aren’t manufactured, artists just are, artists by birth and whilst we should encourage and nurture those who exhibit artistic tendencies, we shouldn’t use the arts as a vehicle to hide our less talented and less intelligent children.

We should acknowledge intellectual traits in students which are not conducive to higher levels of education and encourage those students to look towards trade schools etc. instead of lowering the academic standards to facilitate these students at higher levels.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Venom said:

I disagree, I think we need to be reminded often. 

I moved to the USA and after some years here I saved enough for a down payment on a home.

When I moved into that house I discovered that my next door neighbor was an Englishman.

We fast became friends and even though we’ve both moved on to different neighborhoods, we still remain close to this day. I have no doubt but that if we were reminded daily about that terrible history between our ancestors that there is no way we could be friends.

Think about that and about the goals that “we” purport to espouse.

Now, I’m not sure how familiar you are with British/Irish history but I can assure you that it has been on par with white/black history over here and whilst I agree that we should never forget history, we should also not let it define our future.

11 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

....   ...

Now, I’m not sure how familiar you are with British/Irish history but I can assure you that it has been on par with white/black history over here and whilst I agree that we should never forget history, we should also not let it define our future.

First bit of sense I've ever seen you post... comparing black/white history to Irish/English history is kinda grotty, both are terrible but very few points of similarity. The point of acknowledging, fixing, and moving on, I agree with.

You seem quite firmly in the camp of not even acknowledging the facts.

- DSK

46 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Arts, PE, and anything else that CAN be cut HAS been cut.

It's almost like the Educationists intentionally got it assbackwards.

O what a tangled web we weave ...

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:
56 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, the intention of this was to punish teachers. Especially teachers in unions, and in the more educated blue states.

It had NOTHING to do with improving education, that was just the blah-blah painted on the front

- DSK

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Average Joes and Julies, and the management track people have bought in, so certainly not for them. 

But, there are 50M folks altogether. My sense is that younger folks don't feel any need to "fit in." I hear an intentional disregard for norms in English, and education generally which guarantees further separation from the other 300M of us who don't identify as black and feeds the racial stereotypes.   

Your sense is wrong. Sounds like the only exposure to our urban black neighborhoods is from reading the press, and the press only covers the bad shit happening. Like the old saying "nobody cares about a truck that's not on fire".

In fact the majority of the people who live there are working people who commit no crimes. The general poverty makes it so some young folks look to illegal activities to make some cash. This is no different than the crap that went down before blacks became the poorest minority. Back when the Italians were in that niche we had things like the St Valentines Day massacre and a lot of people catching stray fire from gang turf shit. 

The story of how things came to be that way is very long. If you are at all curious I can direct you to some history on the topic. Asking because it appears you believe you've figured it all out and your mind is thereby closed.   

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

There are so many things that would produce well-rounded and well-read citizens that are being discarded in the quest to enrich the testing companies and provide employment for "educational reformers".

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Mark K said:

The story of how things came to be that way is very long. If you are at all curious I can direct you to some history on the topic. Asking because it appears you believe you've figured it all out and your mind is thereby closed.   

You and I are on a different wavelength, Mark. 

57 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

First bit of sense I've ever seen you post... comparing black/white history to Irish/English history is kinda grotty, both are terrible but very few points of similarity. The point of acknowledging, fixing, and moving on, I agree with.

You seem quite firmly in the camp of not even acknowledging the facts.

- DSK

They are similar in their atrociousness.

One could argue that the blacks had it better.

Ie. Whilst they were enslaved, they got to live unlike the unfortunate 1 million plus Irish who were starved to death in a land of plenty.

Choosing whether starving to death or being enslaved ain’t much of a choice.

41 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

You and I are on a different wavelength, Mark. 

Not at all.  I'm taking issue with your generalizations of black people's feelings and thoughts. 

Just so you know, my dad was half Samoan and half black. I lived in both Oakland (not the worst part, but black) at my grand dad's house through most of high school, and in an outer burb for much of my elementary school years. During those burb years we kept close touch with both the black and Samoan Bay Area communities. I hasn't been a big deal for me in adult life, I can "pass". My mom was a red head and there appears to have been some mixing with white somewhere along my grand dad's family tree. Most take me as sorta Hispanic-ish.  

Should you ever suspect you just might not fully understand how things are in those places let me know. You're comments are reminding me of Bill O'Reilly at the moment. Like you would be as shocked as he was that the patrons of Sylvias weren't asking for service like "Get me some of that motherfukin' tea."  Not that bad a thing to me, hell, it's common among those who've only seen black communities in the press and media. They only cover the bad parts.   

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Not at all.  I'm taking issue with your generalizations of black people's feelings and thoughts. 

Just so you know, my dad was half Samoan and half black. I lived in both Oakland (not the worst part, but black) at my grand dad's house through most of high school, and in an outer burb for much of my elementary school years. During those burb years we kept close touch with both the black and Samoan Bay Area communities. I hasn't been a big deal for me in adult life, I can "pass". My mom was a red head and there appears to have been some mixing with white somewhere along my grand dad's family tree. Most take me as sorta Hispanic-ish.  

Should you ever suspect you just might not fully understand how things are in those places let me know.   

So you know, my first wife was Japanese American on her father’s side (he grew up in a US concentration camp) and Polynesian on her mother’s side so one would think they would have an affinity with and respect the plight of blacks.

One should think…. 

13 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

They are similar in their atrociousness.

One could argue that the blacks had it better.

Ie. Whilst they were enslaved, they got to live unlike the unfortunate 1 million plus Irish who were starved to death in a land of plenty.

Choosing whether starving to death or being enslaved ain’t much of a choice.

One of the Russian writers said: "Happy families are all the same. Miserable families all create their own unique tragic misery." Comparing historic atrocities is useless, except for smoking out the snowflakes that are utterly convinved that the atrocity that happened to them & theirs is THE WORST EVIL POSSIBLE IN ALL HISTORY etc etc.

My wife and I have gone to Ireland several times, I'd like to think I delve into it a bit more than the average tourist... it's interesting to me how little malice the Irish seem to bear toward their neighbors. And healthy... the point of holding a grudge is to not get taken advantage of again, not to build a whole psychology of fear and resentment. My wife has difficulty grasping the scope of what the English did in Ireland for thousand years (in fact I am sure the gets less than half of it), because everybody seems so nice.

Does it help when oppressors admit they've done wrong? I dunno, can it hurt?

- DSK

5 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Just so you know, my dad was half Samoan and half black. I lived in both Oakland (not the worst part, but black) at my grand dad's house through most of high school, and in an outer burb for much of my elementary school years.

I did know you were black-ish from something you said years ago that melded with your avatar.

You'll think I'm lying but one of my several adventures was as a mid-school teacher in different large inner cities, north and south. My would-be second career. I gave it ten years. I was a crusader then. I'm younger than that now. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I did know you were black-ish from something you said years ago that melded with your avatar.

You'll think I'm lying but one of my several adventures was as a mid-school teacher in different large inner cities, north and south. My would-be second career. I gave it ten years. I was a crusader then. I'm younger than that now. 

True, things are different now than they were once. First thing that happened when the burbs opened up to blacks was a lot of the good ones up and left. There are now fewer Bobby Seals and such, but at the same time the neighborhoods became more generally mixed. The really dark areas are distillations. There is some truth to what you say but I disagree with attributing that to a desire to not fit in. There's a sickness in there which goes well beyond that. Where you come off, to me, as naïve is in labeling those places "the black community".  There is no community there, not really.  

58 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

One of the Russian writers said: "Happy families are all the same. Miserable families all create their own unique tragic misery." Comparing historic atrocities is useless, except for smoking out the snowflakes that are utterly convinved that the atrocity that happened to them & theirs is THE WORST EVIL POSSIBLE IN ALL HISTORY etc etc.

My wife and I have gone to Ireland several times, I'd like to think I delve into it a bit more than the average tourist... it's interesting to me how little malice the Irish seem to bear toward their neighbors. And healthy... the point of holding a grudge is to not get taken advantage of again, not to build a whole psychology of fear and resentment. My wife has difficulty grasping the scope of what the English did in Ireland for thousand years (in fact I am sure the gets less than half of it), because everybody seems so nice.

Does it help when oppressors admit they've done wrong? I dunno, can it hurt?

- DSK

I’m glad you brought up the Russians because frankly, they (and the Chinese) really got fucked throughout history and who’s plight is often forgotten.
They endured savagery after savagery on an unfathomable scale.

I’m not knocking the plight of African Americans in this country, it’s been a shitty, raw deal but that does not give them the right to blame me and everyone else for the past and it certainly doesn’t give them the right to behave in the atrocious manner that I’ve been reporting on daily in this thread.

Until African Americans acknowledge the violence which is rampant in some black communities and until they acknowledge the real cause of it then we get to go round in circles.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I’m glad you brought up the Russians because frankly, they (and the Chinese) really got fucked throughout history and who’s plight is often forgotten.
They endured savagery after savagery on an unfathomable scale.

I’m not knocking the plight of African Americans in this country, it’s been a shitty, raw deal but that does not give them the right to blame me and everyone else for the past and it certainly doesn’t give them the right to behave in the atrocious manner that I’ve been reporting on daily in this thread.

Until African Americans acknowledge the violence which is rampant in some black communities and until they acknowledge the real cause of it then we get to go round in circles.

Yeah.... what the fuck gives YOU the right to tell them what to do?

And what gives you the right to use whatever problems their communities have as an excuse for deadly police brutality? To just dismiss any & all examples of deadly police brutality against black people?

It seems to me that cops killing citizens ought to be frowned on, heavily, by citizens.

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah.... what the fuck gives YOU the right to tell them what to do?

And what gives you the right to use whatever problems their communities have as an excuse for deadly police brutality? To just dismiss any & all examples of deadly police brutality against black people?

It seems to me that cops killing citizens ought to be frowned on, heavily, by citizens.

- DSK

Here’s the thing, 
It became my right to tell them what to do the first time they tried to murder me by taking pot shots at me for no reason other than presumably the color of my skin.

That time unfortunately, it was a police officer, all of 27 years old who lost his life that day. So you may say cops conduct themselves atrociously and for the umpteenth time I repeat that I agree but in their defense, if blacks are creating a war zone then they shouldn’t be surprised when the police treat it like a war zone..

Now,

I could ask, what gives you the right to ask such a stupid question but I reckon every opinion needs to be heard, even the most ridiculous and ludicrous. Such as yours.

Hope that clears things up for you but I doubt it will…

49 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Here’s the thing, 
It became my right to tell them what to do the first time they tried to murder me by taking pot shots at me for no reason other than presumably the color of my skin.

That time unfortunately, it was a police officer, all of 27 years old who lost his life that day. So you may say cops conduct themselves atrociously and for the umpteenth time I repeat that I agree but in their defense, if blacks are creating a war zone then they shouldn’t be surprised when the police treat it like a war zone..

Now,

I could ask, what gives you the right to ask such a stupid question but I reckon every opinion needs to be heard, even the most ridiculous and ludicrous. Such as yours.

Hope that clears things up for you but I doubt it will…

Ah, the old excuse that blacks are SCARY and MEAN and they bring it on themselves.

Plus some name-calling for those that disagree with you.

Par for the course, from you

- DSK

14 minutes ago, Mark K said:

True, things are different now than they were once. First thing that happened when the burbs opened up to blacks was a lot of the good ones up and left. There are now fewer Bobby Seals and such, but at the same time the neighborhoods became more generally mixed. The really dark areas are distillations. There is some truth to what you say but I disagree with attributing that to a desire to not fit in. There's a sickness in there which goes well beyond that. Where you come off, to me, as naïve is in labeling those places "the black community".  There is no community there, not really.  

Dang. That is quite a comment, sir. 

Just as a bareboned model:

My black community is Really old folks, Management track individuals, Blue collar workers and Young children

My concern group is Tweens to 30s people that majored in African Studies, Juneteenth, Fuck Whitey, or just paid as little attention as possible in school. On fucking purpose. These folks have their own dialect, entertainment and sports. BLM Baby! This is way too big a group to be "just" a splinter group. 

The gangbangers and recidivist prisoners group should be shot on sight should be comfortably ensconced for life with showers and adequate chow, HVAC, conjugal visits, tv and internet, medical, vision and dental care, and workout rooms. This keeps up the national stockpile of really really dangerous but quite healthy individuals sucking hard-working law-abiding people dry til the very happy day when they die. Is this a great country or what?

Lest that sound too racist, I include all colors in that liberal's dream of coddling everyone that will permit coddling, caring for people who simply don't care, and throwing money at problems as a solution.  

Now let's hear about that sickness, cap.

• Downvote 1
26 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Dang. That is quite a comment, sir. 

Just as a bareboned model:

My black community is Really old folks, Management track individuals, Blue collar workers and Young children

My concern group is Tweens to 30s people that majored in African Studies, Juneteenth, Fuck Whitey, or just paid as little attention as possible in school. On fucking purpose. These folks have their own dialect, entertainment and sports. BLM Baby! This is way too big a group to be "just" a splinter group. 

The gangbangers and recidivist prisoners group should be shot on sight should be comfortably ensconced for life with showers and adequate chow, HVAC, conjugal visits, tv and internet, medical, vision and dental care, and workout rooms. This keeps up the national stockpile of really really dangerous but quite healthy individuals sucking hard-working law-abiding people dry til the very happy day when they die. Is this a great country or what?

Lest that sound too racist, I include all colors in that liberal's dream of coddling everyone that will permit coddling, caring for people who simply don't care, and throwing money at problems as a solution.  

Now let's hear about that sickness, cap.

So to you the people that filled the streets to protest the Rodney King beatdown are a "group"? 

Takes more than a slogan, as such groups only exist while the issue that brought them together has salience.  The number of people who've "majored" in those studies are few and far between, academics which live largely in their own worlds. Just because the media finds them useful click-bait does not make them more than that. 

The sickness is the same one that infects the Oxy-ridden white rust belt  communities these days, which is complex in manifestations but at the core is lack of or perceived lack of opportunity. What if I told you Chicago is almost middle of the pack for homicides? 

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-30-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_85921a38-c5e1-5cdc-82b9-d1246c065352.html#9

31 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ah, the old excuse that blacks are SCARY and MEAN and they bring it on themselves.

Plus some name-calling for those that disagree with you.

Par for the course, from you

- DSK

Dude, I’m calling you stupid because you are stupid. There is no other possible explanation for why you would be taking the stance you’ve chosen to take.

The facts about black crime is self evident. I am not making up the statistics, I’m just reporting what is actually happening and you are denying and deflecting and that is the height of stupidity.

also, I’m not suggesting that blacks are scary.I’m pointing out how dangerous black neighborhoods are and if you don’t believe me then go check out the life expectancy gap between blacks and the rest of us..

The writing is on the wall.

The population is getting sick and tired of this violence bullshite. If democrats don’t honest up and soon and offer real solutions to the violence then they are going to suffer big in the midterms

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yahoo-news-you-gov-poll-bidens-approval-rating-falls-as-both-republicans-and-democrats-grow-more-concerned-about-crime-090006661.html

18 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

The writing is on the wall.

The population is getting sick and tired of this violence bullshite. If democrats don’t honest up and soon and offer real solutions to the violence then they are going to suffer big in the midterms

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yahoo-news-you-gov-poll-bidens-approval-rating-falls-as-both-republicans-and-democrats-grow-more-concerned-about-crime-090006661.html

you have uh, solutions to the violence? maybe you could propose them to the loonie lefties who are only constantly dropping the ball with all this. if you don't, then quit being a spiteful, finger pointing little bitch. 

6 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

you have uh, solutions to the violence? maybe you could propose them to the loonie lefties who are only constantly dropping the ball with all this. if you don't, then quit being a spiteful, finger pointing little bitch. 

Lol

11 minutes ago, Mark K said:

so to you the people that filled the streets to protest the Rodney King beatdown are a "group"? 

Nope, I listed my groupings quite clearly. I think you're having a bit of trouble conflating what you want to say with what I said. Becuz wavelength.

The folks you describe are likely from all the groups and are attracted by the instant outrage, and correctly so.

32 minutes ago, Mark K said:

What if I told you Chicago is almost middle of the pack for homicides?

yeah, knew that too. Do I seem like a guy that does not subscribe to the Bismarck Tribune? I get the Sunday edition for the crossword, book reviews, and covid stats. And the Trib didn't have a scoop on that info.

What if I told you I had unprotected sex with Kristi Noem? 

Mind, there was no talking. Just mad monkey sex and cigarettes. Rinse and repeat for about 8 hours in the Super 8 motel just off I-90 near Sturgis. It's a non-smoking motel but it was asmokin' that night.

30 minutes ago, Mark K said:

The sickness is the same one that infects the Oxy-ridden white rut belt  communities these days, which is complex in manifestations but at the core is lack of or perceived lack of opportunity.

An authoritarian's dream. I agree. That's where we are.

8 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

you don't have shit, Cucumber, except what I alluded to.

I may not have shit but you are shit, along with being a dumarse.

lol

3 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I may not have shit but you are shit, along with being a dumarse.

lol

being a bullshit detector makes me a shit?

fuck you, c-nt.