Black Lives Matter

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the police report the statue slipped and fell into the river.

LOL...really...LOL...one of the lefts favorite rants is against privatized prisons...

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mark K said:

For every problem there's an obvious, easy to grasp and frequently wrong solution.   

I think You just summed up BLM

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

129305DA-076B-445C-AF99-7C8E1B8F76F6.jpeg

Yawn

Assuming you aren’t a politician then the underlined is addressed specifically to knobjobs like you.

“Racism is not dead, but it is on life support — kept alive by politicians, race hustlers and people who get a sense of superiority by denouncing others as “racists."

Sowell

11 hours ago, Mark K said:

For every problem there's an obvious, easy to grasp and frequently wrong solution.   

Yeah ... then there's Occam's Razor. But both are about solutions which don't mean a damn if misapplied. I've offered a couple of suggestions, Mark ,that you've disagreed with. Fair enough. it's complicated. So this time we might start by isolating separate things:

Problem: Black people have  chosen to ignore laws and community norms regarding looting retail stores in coordinated groups.

Problem: Black gang bangers have chosen to ignore laws and community norms regarding shooting rival gang members and the odd bystanders in cities around the country.

Problem: Black people, understandably outraged by police misbehavior, choose to ignore laws and community norms regarding looting and rioting and burning in their local neighborhoods with zero connection to police misbehavior.

I see the common denominators as blacks choosing to ignore the law.

This goes back to my proposed groupings up thread somewhere that posits a very large group of young blacks from tweens to 30s, in the  millions, who've chosen to break laws the rest of us agreed on, who've chose to disregard education as a bootstrap. Who've created their own language, music, cultural heroes.

Now there's lots of opportunity to Whatabout here but I'd like to see a suggestion that deals with the bolded issue.

Where do we go from here?

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Yeah ... then there's Occam's Razor. But both are about solutions which don't mean a damn if misapplied. I've offered a couple of suggestions, Mark ,that you've disagreed with. Fair enough. it's complicated. So this time we might start by isolating separate things:

Problem: Black people have  chosen to ignore laws and community norms regarding looting retail stores in coordinated groups.

Problem: Black gang bangers have chosen to ignore laws and community norms regarding shooting rival gang members and the odd bystanders in cities around the country.

Problem: Black people, understandably outraged by police misbehavior, choose to ignore laws and community norms regarding looting and rioting and burning in their local neighborhoods with zero connection to police misbehavior.

This goes back to my proposed groupings up thread somewhere that posits a very large group of young blacks from tweens to 30s, in the  millions, who've chosen to break laws the rest of us agreed on, who've chose to disregard education as a bootstrap. Who've created their own language, music, cultural heroes.

Now there's lots of opportunity to Whatabout here but I'd like to see a suggestion that deals with the bolded issue.

Pretty easy to deal with the bolded issues. You sure do care a lot about the black community and its problems and definitely are only motivated by the pureness of your heart and soul to talk exclusively and at length about the negative actions of a portion of the black community. Most of all it's funny to complain about whataboutism when the entire premise of your post--that any misconduct or supposed cultural faux pas on the part of black Americans negates or trumps any discussion of improving American racial equity--is itself a classic form of whataboutism.

Problem 1: "blacks are looting!!"

Solution: arrest and charge criminals. It is a tiny minority of black Americans who actually commit crimes, including looting stores using constitutionally-protected protests as cover. Despite what you might think, people don't actually support looters and BLM activists and organizers have worked to help affected stores. Just because Breitbart got a quote from a single self-proclaimed activist saying "looting is reparations" doesn't mean that's a broadly-held view. The 2020 racial injustice protests were the largest civil protests in world history; of course there are going to be some bad eggs.

Problem 2: "blacks are shooting!!"

Solution: arrest and charge criminals. You know which community is most affected by and most concerned with black gang violence? The black community! If only the police could address the gang violence, but they're too busy kneeling on people's necks. I should add too that crime rates are way down from the 80's and 90's and that concern over gang violence is perennial and not linked to actual crime rates at all. A core tenet of BLM's complaint with policing is that it doesn't address serious issues like gang violence.

Problem 3: "blacks are looting (2)!!"

Solution: first off it's hilarious how this is phrased. "...in their local neighborhoods with zero connection to police misbehavior." As if the black community in any particular town or city needs to wait for an innocent person to get shot in their neighborhood by police before it's okay to protest? This is silly. And, again, the looters who use the cover of legitimate protests to commit crimes are wrong and nobody is seriously defending them. Arrest and charge criminals and let constitutionally-protected protestors exercise their rights. Easy solution.

Finally, in response to your glorious and enlightened wisdom about the millions of young black Americans whom you've decided are bad:

1. "...chosen to break laws". Crime rates are lower among young black Americans than older ones. Crime in America correlates most highly with income, not race; the average net worth of a black family is $8 so not surprising we're in the situation we are.

2. "...disregard education as a bootstrap". Black americans value education more highly than any other racial demographic (per Pew). Young black Americans are attending college at higher rates than ever before. Millenials are the most highly educated and racially diverse generation.

3. "...who've created their own language, cultural heroes, music...". Okay. Where does jazz come from, pray tell? Why does Merriam-Webster add tens of black slang words like "finna", "yeet", "twerk", etc. to the dictionary every year? Americans love the culture which black Americans produce. Their music is some of the most popular, their slang words become household vocabulary. And why should a community not have cultural heroes? What community hasn't made its own heroes, music, and slang? What a weird complaint.

You are wrong on the basic factual premises of your arguments. You have obviously never consulted data from Pew Research and the like on black americans' attitudes or values and I recommend doing do so, as well as stopping consuming cable news or partisan media designed only to inflame. Your complaints are identical to those professed by opponents of the civil rights movement in the 60's through 90's and constitute the essence of whataboutism. The 2020 civil rights protests were the largest in human history and the sheer scale will always include some bad actors, but their aims and premises are correct in the arc of history.

This is basically impossible for a somewhat conservative-minded middle-aged white person, but it's worth trying to stop offering solutions to problems you've never lived with nor seriously attempted to understand, and to start listening to the people who are trying to improve their everyday lives.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Commercial Boater said:

Pretty easy to deal with the bolded issues. You sure do care a lot about the black community and its problems and definitely are only motivated by the pureness of your heart and soul to talk exclusively and at length about the negative actions of a portion of the black community. Most of all it's funny to complain about whataboutism when the entire premise of your post--that any misconduct or supposed cultural faux pas on the part of black Americans negates or trumps any discussion of improving American racial equity--is itself a classic form of whataboutism.

Solution: arrest and charge criminals. It is a tiny minority of black Americans who actually commit crimes, including looting stores using constitutionally-protected protests as cover. Despite what you might think, people don't actually support looters and BLM activists and organizers have worked to help affected stores. Just because Breitbart got a quote from a single self-proclaimed activist saying "looting is reparations" doesn't mean that's a broadly-held view. The 2020 racial injustice protests were the largest civil protests in world history; of course there are going to be some bad eggs.

Solution: arrest and charge criminals. You know which community is most affected by and most concerned with black gang violence? The black community! If only the police could address the gang violence, but they're too busy kneeling on people's necks. I should add too that crime rates are way down from the 80's and 90's and that concern over gang violence is perennial and not linked to actual crime rates at all. A core tenet of BLM's complaint with policing is that it doesn't address serious issues like gang violence.

Solution: first off it's hilarious how this is phrased. "...in their local neighborhoods with zero connection to police misbehavior." As if the black community in any particular town or city needs to wait for an innocent person to get shot in their neighborhood by police before it's okay to protest? This is silly. And, again, the looters who use the cover of legitimate protests to commit crimes are wrong and nobody is seriously defending them. Arrest and charge criminals and let constitutionally-protected protestors exercise their rights. Easy solution.

Finally, in response to your glorious and enlightened wisdom about the millions of young black Americans whom you've decided are bad:

1. "...chosen to break laws". Crime rates are lower among young black Americans than older ones. Crime in America correlates most highly with income, not race; the average net worth of a black family is $8 so not surprising we're in the situation we are.

2. "...disregard education as a bootstrap". Black americans value education more highly than any other racial demographic (per Pew). Young black Americans are attending college at higher rates than ever before. Millenials are the most highly educated and racially diverse generation.

3. "...who've created their own language, cultural heroes, music...". Okay. Where does jazz come from, pray tell? Why does Merriam-Webster add tens of black slang words like "finna", "yeet", "twerk", etc. to the dictionary every year? Americans love the culture which black Americans produce. Their music is some of the most popular, their slang words become household vocabulary. And why should a community not have cultural heroes? What community hasn't made its own heroes, music, and slang? What a weird complaint.

You are wrong on the basic factual premises of your arguments. You have obviously never consulted data from Pew Research and the like on black americans' attitudes or values and I recommend doing do so, as well as stopping consuming cable news or partisan media designed only to inflame. Your complaints are identical to those professed by opponents of the civil rights movement in the 60's through 90's and constitute the essence of whataboutism. The 2020 civil rights protests were the largest in human history and the sheer scale will always include some bad actors, but their aims and premises are correct in the arc of history.

This is basically impossible for a somewhat conservative-minded middle-aged white person, but it's worth trying to stop offering solutions to problems you've never lived with nor seriously attempted to understand, and to start listening to the people who are trying to improve their everyday lives.

Particularly well said.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

So the protests were used by some people to loot, which is thereby the fault of blacks in general, and all BLM is thus about mayhem? Do you really believe that?? Look at all the white people in Portland and Seattle doing the same shit. 

Charles Murry made a damn good case that white communities and black communities at the same level of poverty are statistically indistinguishable. The Germans convinced themselves the Jews where the animals they had thought due to the chaos of the Warsaw ghetto. 

What do you think this culture came from? Africa? No. there is hasn't been a cultural memory of anything from Africa for many, many, generations. This culture you refer to is but music and habits of speech. There is no distinct, separate black culture, not anymore than hillbillies the meth/Oxy ridden Ozarks are "white" culture. Or the organized crime of Prohibition was "Italian" culture. 

We live with the legacy of Jim Crow and red-lining to this day.  Who would hire anyone who bears the marker you've selected above a white guy?    

Btw, when the Irish were the urban poor, they were thought of as animals who selected their condition.   

scientific_racism_irish-1899.jpg?w=672&h

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Commercial Boater said:

The 2020 racial injustice protests were the largest civil protests in world history; of course there are going to be some bad eggs.

Gotta cite for that?

5 hours ago, Commercial Boater said:

Pretty easy to deal with the bolded issues. You sure do care a lot about the black community and its problems and definitely are only motivated by the pureness of your heart and soul to talk exclusively and at length about the negative actions of a portion of the black community.

Pffft

Most of all it's funny to complain about whataboutism when the entire premise of your post--that any misconduct or supposed cultural faux pas on the part of black Americans negates or trumps any discussion of improving American racial equity--is itself a classic form of whataboutism.

Silliness whataboutism. I hope you got something to actually add to the conversation. This isn't it.

Solution: arrest and charge criminals.

How does it seem that's going so far? This added zero to the conversation.

It is a tiny minority of black Americans who actually commit crimes, including looting stores using constitutionally-protected protests as cover.

SAy what?

I'm saying it needs to stop, and have suggested some famous black folk need to get on the street in these communities. Can you imagine if this catches on?

Despite what you might think, people don't actually support looters and BLM activists and organizers have worked to help affected stores. Why would you think I think otherwise? And again, this isn't responsive. It's the W thing.

Just because Breitbart got a quote from a single self-proclaimed activist saying "looting is reparations" doesn't mean that's a broadly-held view.

Missed that entirely. Why bring it up here?

The 2020 racial injustice protests were the largest civil protests in world history; of course there are going to be some bad eggs.

Gotta cite for that? I'm thinking Gandhi but that's just me. And the Civil War comes to mind. But sure, you go with Minneapolis.

Solution: arrest and charge criminals.

You know which community is most affected by and most concerned with black gang violence? The black community!

Affected for sure. Gonna need a cite for concerned and I don't think you have one. How do we measure community concern? I'd bet a buck or two that white folks are every bit as concerned as blacks in Chicago.

If only the police could address the gang violence, but they're too busy kneeling on people's necks.

Can you say Whataboutism? You post impressed me at first read but it's just the same ol same old knee jerk shit. I outlined some issues and you've contributed nothing yet

I should add too that crime rates are way down from the 80's and 90's and that concern over gang violence is perennial and not linked to actual crime rates at all.

SAY WOT? That's dumb. Sea Warrior will be along with the body count soon. I'm thinking less and less of your post.

A core tenet of BLM's complaint with policing is that it doesn't address serious issues like gang violence.

Solution: first off it's hilarious how this is phrased. "...in their local neighborhoods with zero connection to police misbehavior."

It's not hilarious in any way. Cop kills civilian. Locals loot and burn Target store. Zero connection.

As if the black community in any particular town or city needs to wait for an innocent person to get shot in their neighborhood by police before it's okay to protest?

This is almost fun now. But not. You need to reread that cap.

This is silly. And, again, the looters who use the cover of legitimate protests to commit crimes are wrong and nobody is seriously defending them. Arrest and charge criminals and let constitutionally-protected protestors exercise their rights. Easy solution.

Bad is an ugly word. And you said it not me. My comment was just pointing out what's happening. I do think there is a huge number of blacks who've decided they will go their own way. You're argument is getting sloppy sir.

Jeebus in Jackboots.

2. "...disregard education as a bootstrap". Black americans value education more highly than any other racial demographic (per Pew).

Come on,  Asians have owned that since 1946.

Young black Americans are attending college at higher rates than ever before. Millenials are the most highly educated and racially diverse generation.

Cool beans.

Millions of young blacks are not doing this.

3. "...who've created their own language, cultural heroes, music...". Okay. Where does jazz come from, pray tell? Why does Merriam-Webster add tens of black slang words like "finna", "yeet", "twerk", etc. to the dictionary every year?

Nutin new here. You're agreeing with me, sir.

Americans love the culture which black Americans produce. Their music is some of the most popular, their slang words become household vocabulary. And why should a community not have cultural heroes? What community hasn't made its own heroes, music, and slang? What a weird complaint.

You are wrong on the basic factual premises of your arguments. 

My number one argument is that blacks are choosing to ignore laws and community norms. You've offered nothing so far.

You have obviously never consulted data from Pew Research and the like on black americans' attitudes or values and I recommend doing do so, as well as stopping consuming cable news or partisan media designed only to inflame. Your complaints are identical to those professed by opponents of the civil rights movement in the 60's through 90's and constitute the essence of whataboutism. The 2020 civil rights protests were the largest in human history and the sheer scale will always include some bad actors, but their aims and premises are correct in the arc of history.

Sorry Cap. Appreciate the effort. You make no cogent argument. A long post but like a letter home. 

6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Particularly well said.

Was it? It started well but completely failed to address any issue beyond saying the cops should arrest wrongdoers. 

17 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Gotta cite for that?

Sorry Cap. Appreciate the effort. You make no cogent argument. A long post but like a letter home. 

Read it and weep, shithead: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_protests_and_demonstrations_in_the_United_States_by_size

You wouldn't know a "cogent argument" if you came home to one fucking your wife. Who, I assume, would gleefully welcome an escape from the walrus-like, not-so-tender thrustings of a fat arrogant fuckwit like yourself.

6 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Now we just need Jeff to lecture us on how there is no racism in the USA.

A quip. Do you guys not see how we need some fucking thinking around here? 

You just can't get through to some people. "Duhhh I may have claimed baselessly that several million black people are basically subhuman but you can't criticize my bullshit opinions until you uhhhhh completely solve racism in this country."

Stick to watching Tucker and spare the rest of us your wisdom.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Commercial Boater said:

Read it and weep, shithead: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_protests_and_demonstrations_in_the_United_States_by_size

You wouldn't know a "cogent argument" if you came home to one fucking your wife. Who, I assume, would gleefully welcome an escape from the walrus-like, not-so-tender thrustings of a fat arrogant fuckwit like yourself.

I love the shithead. It sez "loser." What an angry post. 

Here's your dumb quote: "The 2020 civil rights protests were the largest in human history and the sheer scale will always include some bad actors, but their aims and premises are correct in the arc of history." 

You should have paid more attention in high school. I'm going with Gandhi. 

It's not always fun but always interesting to see who people really are. 

Moreover, I'm not fat nor do I have cable. 

10 minutes ago, Commercial Boater said:

You just can't get through to some people. "Duhhh I may have claimed baselessly that several million black people are basically subhuman but you can't criticize my bullshit opinions until you uhhhhh completely solve racism in this country."

High school. You need it. So many of you posters here have the herd mentality like, ..."well, I heard..."

5 hours ago, Mark K said:

So the protests were used by some people to loot, which is thereby the fault of blacks in general, and all BLM is thus about mayhem? Do you really believe that?? Look at all the white people in Portland and Seattle doing the same shit. 

Charles Murry made a damn good case that white communities and black communities at the same level of poverty are statistically indistinguishable. The Germans convinced themselves the Jews where the animals they had thought due to the chaos of the Warsaw ghetto. 

What do you think this culture came from? Africa? No. there is hasn't been a cultural memory of anything from Africa for many, many, generations. This culture you refer to is but music and habits of speech. There is no distinct, separate black culture, not anymore than hillbillies the meth/Oxy ridden Ozarks are "white" culture. Or the organized crime of Prohibition was "Italian" culture. 

We live with the legacy of Jim Crow and red-lining to this day.  Who would hire anyone who bears the marker you've selected above a white guy?    

Btw, when the Irish were the urban poor, they were thought of as animals who selected their condition.   

scientific_racism_irish-1899.jpg?w=672&h

1) you accuse white people of “doing the same thing “

Which is a lie.

25 or more people died as a direct result of the rioting last year.

I can personally attest to the fact that in Chicago alone, numerous desperately needed drug stores and grocery stores were looted and destroyed by black people in black neighborhoods 

BLM knew this was the consequences of their actions and yet they (BLM) continued to organize these riots regardless of knowing how they turned out.

So, yes, BLM is totally responsible for these terrorist activities.

2) there are numerically far more whites living below the poverty line than blacks yet blacks 15% (approximately) of US population commit more than 50% of crime.

Methinks Charlie Murray is full of shíte.

3) Your feeble attempt to compare the plight of Jews and Irish to that of blacks in this country is dumb.

As a child growing up in Ireland all I had to do is look out my bedroom window to be reminded of how Irish people were treated n their own country.

Unmarked mass graves of famine casualties from the genocide perpetrated by the British on my country not much more than 100 years before my birth was and is a constant reminder of the sordid history.

After arriving in the US I admired how my forefathers went from “no dogs or Irish” to being the royalty of this country.

I’ve never been to Dachau or Auschwitz or any other concentration camp, but history reminds us constantly and rightly so of how the Jews were persecuted in the not so distant past yet both the Jews and the Irish, peoples who suffered great persecution not only here but in their home countries rose above the adversity to prove those who “treated them like animals” wrong.

I call your comparison “dumb” because instead of comparing the blacks to the Irish and the Jews, you should instead contrast their paths to today and examine truthfully why the blacks failed to overcome the adversity whilst the Jews and the Irish thrived in this great country.

Just now, Blue Crab said:

I love the shithead. It sez "loser." What an angry post. 

Here's your dumb quote: "The 2020 civil rights protests were the largest in human history and the sheer scale will always include some bad actors, but their aims and premises are correct in the arc of history." 

You should have paid more attention in high school. I'm going with Gandhi. 

It's not always fun but always interesting to see who people really are. 

Moreover, I'm not fat nor do I have cable. 

Wait, so you're trying to be snarky by quoting a factually correct statement of mine, which I then backed up with actual data upon your request, and insisting instead that you're correct because... what, exactly? I think you need to go back to school... If this is the shit that passes for a "cogent argument" for you I'd hate to see what comes out of your asscheeks.

Honestly. It's embarrassing to think that on the other end of your posts, an actual functional adult who can presumably tie his own shoes actually believes the things you're saying. Some day I hope you actually take the plunge and go look at Pew research reports and nationwide education attainment statistics. I fear that the shock of realizing how utterly braindead you've been for decades might kill you, so please take it easy. Stay safe out there! Your brain is clearly very fragile and needs careful handling...

5 hours ago, Mark K said:

So the protests were used by some people to loot, which is thereby the fault of blacks in general, and all BLM is thus about mayhem?

Nope. I have no argument with BLM. That's the other guy.

I'd like you guys to up your game. If you're going to make the effort ... turn off the tv and respond to what's on the page. Not what you wish were on the page. 

Sure love to see some thinking here beyond that guy's an asshole. 

I responded to Mark with:

I see the common denominator as blacks choosing to ignore the law.

I'd welcome rational responses to the plain ol facts cited above. Save the sociology. I'm ahead of you. What do we do about blacks choosing to ignore the law? The cops are doing what they can. We need more that that.

NONONONONNNOO ... nothing about whites, browns or purples. 

21 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Sure love to see some thinking here beyond that guy's an asshole. 

I responded to Mark with:

I see the common denominator as blacks choosing to ignore the law.

I'd welcome rational responses to the plain ol facts cited above. Save the sociology. I'm ahead of you. What do we do about blacks choosing to ignore the law? The cops are doing what they can. We need more that that.

NONONONONNNOO ... nothing about whites, browns or purples. 

I thought one of the arguments minimising/dismissing BLM was that more white "criminals" get shot by police than black ones. So the common denominator changes depending on what you're trying to argue.

The common denominator in police shootings is...drum roll...police.

10 hours ago, Ncik said:

The common denominator in police shootings is...drum roll...police.

No sir. You also need a perp and a weapon, so the cop isn't the common denominator. The real common denominator comes earlier, and is an actual or perceived infraction of laws or community norms. Cue the angels singing Michael Brown theme.

CB was on a nice little rant there, and when he ran out of whataboutisms, he made up things not stated or implied, and finished up with the time-honored ad hominem slurs.  The progression of sloppy argument into personal insult is why PA has a well-earned bad reputation. Another factor is the hardball notion that if ya don't march to the lefty drummer's every beat ... well then, you must be a Republican. 

Here's my question: What do we do about folks choosing to break the law in large numbers? 

All CB had was to arrest people. This has been tried and I see the problem getting worse. I've mentioned my thought that whites cannot solve this problem and I have long hoped some famous blacks would get involved in a big way. So far, I haven't seen much. 

• Downvote 1

Not sure what motivated this and don't really care to be involved, but.......   decided to point out that it is hard to paint an accurate picture while using a really broad brush.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

No sir. You also need a perp and a weapon, so the cop isn't the common denominator. The real common denominator comes earlier, and is an actual or perceived infraction of laws or community norms. Cue the angels singing Michael Brown theme.

CB was on a nice little rant there, and when he ran out of whataboutisms, he made up things not stated or implied, and finished up with the time-honored ad hominem slurs.  The progression of sloppy argument into personal insult is why PA has a well-earned bad reputation. Another factor is the hardball notion that if ya don't march to the lefty drummer's every beat ... well then, you must be a Republican. 

Here's my question: What do we do about folks choosing to break the law in large numbers? 

All CB had was to arrest people. This has been tried and I see the problem getting worse. I've mentioned my thought that whites cannot solve this problem and I have long hoped some famous blacks would get involved in a big way. So far, I haven't seen much. 

At first I thought you were just another stubborn boomer with a few controversial beliefs, who was at least somewhat open to dissent. But I understand now that you are a committed racist. The casual arrogance with which you write off millions of black Americans on nothing more than your own easily demonstrably wrong and inflexible beliefs is stunning. Your reasons for doing so are a copy-paste of the same tired rhetoric of the klan.

If you were capable of understanding why you are wrong, you would have figured it out by now. But because I am young and struggle to accept such unreachable ignorance, I leave you with another urging to put aside your arrogance and bluster to spend the time to consult any of the basic facts available from reputable sources on the matters you are so dearly committed to getting wrong.

Finally, here is the kind of quote MLK had to offer shortly before his death. He spent a lifetime criticizing southern post-slavery racism and Klansmen, but was only assassinated after he started criticizing the insidious "polite racism" of the northern white:

I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice...

• Like 1

CB, your forensics skills are not up to this conversation. All you have left is the racist slur. Big whoop, kid. Keep stomping that foot, tho, if it makes you feel good. Your time might be better spent reading than writing.

And BTW, I think MLK was talking about your attitudes, not mine. 

I'm looking for new answers. The old crap has not worked. Doncha know Pres Johnson was snickering when he signed the Great Society legislation? But hey, he did it anyway. And now a half century later here we are. Maybe on the edge of civil war. The brushfires and skirmishes have begun.

One thing I do like is that the Ed has allowed the discussion to continue. As citizens, we need these conversations, however disagreeable.  

23 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

And BTW, I think MLK was talking about your attitudes, not mine. 

I'm looking for new answers. The old crap has not worked. Doncha know Pres Johnson was snickering when he signed the Great Society legislation? But hey, he did it anyway. And now a half century later here we are. Maybe on the edge of civil war. The brushfires and skirmishes have begun.

OK, so let us discuss. You're almost entirely wrong above . . 

The Great Society was a huge success, and that has been documented extensively. It helped the elderly the most, but minorities made strides as well. Women and black professionals were rare as hens teeth prior to the LBJ reforms - now they are common: talking law, medicine, science, uni profs, and more. Are you saying that this is not important, or that it did not happen ?? 

In that quote by MLK from "Letter From Birmingham Jail", you are also quite wrong. He was criticizing white "moderates" for MOVING FAR TOO SLOWLY in pushing for racial equality; by no means was he saying that moderates should not support civil rights, and economic uplift. 

That quote has been distorted for years by the US R-eich. 

30 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

And now a half century later here we are. Maybe on the edge of civil war. The brushfires and skirmishes have begun.

How wrong am I about this?

Just now, Blue Crab said:

How wrong am I about this?

Deal with your other errors first - no deflection allowed. 

About Letter From A Birmingham Jail.

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_from_Birmingham_Jail

You have to remember to whom King addressed his (open) letter and why. That's actually covered in his first paragraph, albeit obliquely.

My Dear Fellow Clergymen:
While confined here in the Birmingham city jail, I came across your recent statement calling my present activities "unwise and untimely." ...

This wasn't a response to the insidious "polite racism" of the northern white. It was a literal response to A Call For Unity, an (open) letter written by local Southern clergymen and printed in Birmingham.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Call_for_Unity

And just to be clear, King even re-addresses those said same clergy in the first part of the paragraph that BC omitted.

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers.

King had other things to say about Northerners elsewhere. But the letters of the word North don't appear in Letter From A Birmingham Jail.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

Deal with your other errors first - no deflection allowed. 

Do you see how that itself is a deflection? We are close to a really bad situation in the country and you say the GS was a success? I am referring, as I have all thru the thread, about youngish folks breaking away from the previous conventions and establishing their own. I appreciate your expertise on this subject but it's not your classroom and it's not about anything other than what to do about people grouping up and breaking the law?

17 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Nope. I have no argument with BLM. That's the other guy.

I'd like you guys to up your game. If you're going to make the effort ... turn off the tv and respond to what's on the page. Not what you wish were on the page. 

This was on the page: 

Black people have  chosen to ignore laws

You just don't like the response. Up your game dude. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Do you see how that itself is a deflection?

No, I do not see that at all. 

It was YOU who introduced the Great Society and MLK - and you got both wrong. 

You are deflecting from yourself. 

And I don't know why I am being civil to you. As someone who wrote that trolling is "fun", you do not deserve it in the slightest. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

No, I do not see that at all. 

It was YOU who introduced the Great Society and MLK - and you got both wrong. 

You are deflecting from yourself. 

And I don't know why I am being civil to you. As someone who wrote that trolling is "fun", you do not deserve it in the slightest. 

Fuck you AJ.

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Fuck you AJ.

Be careful there....or he might sick his faculty Barcolounger on you.....

8 minutes ago, Mark K said:

This was on the page: 

You just don't like the response. Up your game dude. 

I knew that would draw fire. 

The response wasn't responsive. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Fuck you AJ.

Bite me, ya R-eichista punkista. 

That is what I get for being civil to a stalker-troll . .  

BTW, I went sailing five times this week.  

How about y'all ?? 

Neener, neener, neener!! 

A childish, hostile taunt, often repeated in a singsong voice.)

On 7/22/2021 at 4:36 AM, Blue Crab said:

If you don't see how the text in bold is straight up racist, there's no discussing this with you. 

You are condemning all black people with examples from a few. You could say the same thing and substitute, say, Jew, and then maybe you'd understand. Or maybe not. 

SOME blacks have coordinated theft

SOME blacks are gangbangers and fighting over turf

SOME blacks loot behind the cover of a protest

In no case are "Blacks" responsible for the crimes of a few, the same way whites aren't responsible for the crimes of meth heads in rural america

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You're seriously?...just the biggest fuking geek here. And about as entertaining as a dead penguin......

11 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You are the most trollable guy on SA, Skippy. Think about it.

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

You're seriously?...just the biggest fuking geek here.

You are almost as bad as the Crabster, but I have to admit that you are not a stalker-troll. 

7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I thought we were getting along well.

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I thought we were getting along well.

You do OK until folks start to disagree with you. 

Then you lose it. 

You would do well to think about @Raz'r 's comments above, 

but I very much doubt that you will. 

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

I addressed your assertion that black people have decided to ignore the law. If you meant a few black people then the problem is yours. 

14 hours ago, Mark K said:

I addressed your assertion that black people have decided to ignore the law. If you meant a few black people then the problem is yours. 

15 hours ago, Raz'r said:

If you don't see how the text in bold is straight up racist, there's no discussing this with you. 

You are condemning all black people with examples from a few. You could say the same thing and substitute, say, Jew, and then maybe you'd understand. Or maybe not. 

SOME blacks have coordinated theft

SOME blacks are gangbangers and fighting over turf

SOME blacks loot behind the cover of a protest

In no case are "Blacks" responsible for the crimes of a few, the same way whites aren't responsible for the crimes of meth heads in rural america

Thought I'd wait til morning to let everyone get your racist slurs out.  I note that Jews has come up a couple of times proving there's no end to anyone's whataboutism.

Now, the reason I said ya needed to up your games is perfectly exemplified in the above two posts that are making the old grade school argument of the some, all, or few variety. And there it is for all to see. People even "liked" it.

It's embarrassing that several people in this "august" group would think I hadn't thought of that, or that I was that dumb or racist. It's like someone hollered "Neener neener" ... uh oh ... someone did holler that! Gee, guess who? 

Let's try this again, for the very last time. Please put your thinking caps on. Above I laid out my argument about various groups of the black community. I gave some specific examples ... the critical one being these newish situations where groups of blacks are going in and shoplifting and running away in too many directions for the usual limited police apprehension techniques. I summed the examples up with asking what can we/should we do about these specific situations? CB offered the police should arrest them -- that very well-known ship has sailed. 

These are dumbed down and true declarative sentences:

Again, these are declarative sentences. What you choose to bring to them is on you. 

We need some new thinking here, gents.  Cops are outnumbered bigly, and in the gangbang deals maybe outgunned. 

I say again, I'd like to try famous blacks getting involved but they haven't so far. Hopefully, others have better ideas. I think we've clearly seen what the usual PA suspects had to say, and it was embarrassingly deflectionary, childish, and sparse. 

18 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

@El Mariachi  You are almost as bad as the Crabster, but I have to admit that you are not a stalker-troll. 

You are mistaken, A.J.  Mr. Richard Booth  @El Mariachi vilified me with a wall of stupidity, from 2012 until he split PA, in early 2016. Jeffie and Tom tried to surf upon the wall of stupidity.

Boothy was driven, like a shotgun blast, all day long, every day. What it is.

Thought I'd wait til morning to let everyone get your racist slurs out.  I note that Jews has come up a couple of times proving there's no end to anyone's whataboutism.

Now, the reason I said ya needed to up your games is perfectly exemplified in the above two posts that are making the old grade school argument of the some, all, or few variety. And there it is for all to see. People even "liked" it.

It's embarrassing that several people in this "august" group would think I hadn't thought of that, or that I was that dumb or racist. It's like someone hollered "Neener neener" ... uh oh ... someone did holler that! Gee, guess who? 

Let's try this again, for the very last time. Please put your thinking caps on. Above I laid out my argument about various groups of the black community. I gave some specific examples ... the critical one being these newish situations where groups of blacks are going in and shoplifting and running away in too many directions for the usual limited police apprehension techniques. I summed the examples up with asking what can we/should we do about these specific situations? CB offered the police should arrest them -- that very well-known ship has sailed. 

These are dumbed down and true declarative sentences:

Again, these are declarative sentences. What you choose to bring to them is on you. 

We need some new thinking here, gents.  Cops are outnumbered bigly, and in the gangbang deals maybe outgunned. 

I say again, I'd like to try famous blacks getting involved but they haven't so far. Hopefully, others have better ideas. I think we've clearly seen what the usual PA suspects had to say, and it was embarrassingly deflectionary, childish, and sparse. 

It's was shallow as pointing to the 1/6 riot and saying groups of white people have decided to ignore the law.  The point of siting Warsaw is to show this sort of behavior isn't necessarily racial. ALL poor people in our culture (and most others) behave in similar ways. 

Ad-hominem is a deflection, btw.  

3 hours ago, Mark K said:

It's was shallow as pointing to the 1/6 riot and saying groups of white people have decided to ignore the law. 

The point of siting Warsaw is to show this sort of behavior isn't necessarily racial. ALL poor people in our culture (and most others) behave in similar ways. 

Ad-hominem is a deflection, btw.  

This starts with whataboutism and detours to PUI. 

I thought some of you were way sharper than this. It appears that no one can respond directly to anything. 

This starts with whataboutism and detours to PUI. 

I thought some of you were way sharper than this. It appears that no one can respond directly to anything. 

Consider the possibility that not everything that is beyond your comprehension is stupid.  

• Like 2

Tell ya what....'Black lives' would & will possibly matter more to me.....the SECOND that they begin to actually fuking start mattering.....to the influential Blacks, the Jacksons & the Sharptons, the racist Demmy politicians, the myopic athelete idiots, the Leftista media, the Hollywood fagistas, the Donny Lemonades of this country and the race baiting fukers. In the meantime? Screw you.....us non-Blacks are NOT the fuking problem. The problem is in your own g-damn closet....and it's way past time to clean 'em out.....

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Tell ya what....'Black lives' would & will possibly matter more to me.....the SECOND that they begin to actually fuking start mattering.....to the influential Blacks, the Jacksons & the Sharptons, the racist Demmy politicians, the myopic athelete idiots, the Leftista media, the Hollywood fagistas, the Donny Lemonades of this country and the race baiting fukers. In the meantime? Screw you.....us non-Blacks are NOT the fuking problem. The problem is in your own g-damn closet....and it's way past time to clean 'em out.....

Too be fair you’re not the problem.  At least not our problem.  You fled America for your shithole, which is fucking great news for reasonable people.  Now you’re Mexico’s problem.  Hope you don’t end up in a 55 gallon drum.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:45 PM, AJ Oliver said:

You are almost as bad as the Crabster, but I have to admit that you are not a stalker-troll. 

Wrong. He is a stalker/troll.

19 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Wrong. He is a stalker/troll.

Gawd but you are seriously one of the dumbest fukers here. And you're obviously too stupid to be using the internet. So maybe you should have your 6 year old neice walk you thru My Space for a month or so.....to eventually prep you for the Big Leagues....

You be you Rick but knock off the homophobia.  Why the fuck does it matter to you?  Stop being the cock police.

• Like 1
On 7/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, Blue Crab said:

When did you stop beating your wife?

Remember: if your answer is to raise issues about the way I framed that question, you're not being responsive. 

Because apparently... that's how that works, according to you.

?

Up your game.

• Like 1

Gawd but you are seriously one of the dumbest fukers here. And you're obviously too stupid to be using the internet. So maybe you should have your 6 year old neice walk you thru My Space for a month or so.....to eventually prep you for the Big Leagues....

MrStupid8 is all of the above and a racist to boot. (And I use that description sparingly)

The irony of a cockgobbeler like her being outraged about racism is typical of leftists.

A72AA50E-F4BA-424C-A114-DCA9C5DC5B9A.png

2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Gawd but you are seriously one of the dumbest fukers here. And you're obviously too stupid to be using the internet.

ad hominem is all ya got - and without even anything in the way of wit or imagination. 

You seem totally incapable of any sort of rational exchange of views. 

No wonder you could not make it in Cali 

Ay Caramba !!

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

When did you stop beating your wife?

Remember: if your answer is to raise issues about the way I framed that question, you're not being responsive. 

Because apparently... that's how that works, according to you.

?

Up your game.

Gibberish. The responsive answer is "I've never beaten my wife." 

ETA -Frenchie, you've never written a dumber comment than that. The objections were about "all or some". Yet each of my statements was limited to a specific group, I didn't go near all or some. 

Got anything responsive to add?

10 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Tell ya what....'Black lives' would & will possibly matter more to me.....the SECOND that they begin to actually fuking start mattering.....to the influential Blacks ... 

Yep. My exact thought and no one here will engage.

The posters here are just that -- posters, not readers. They see a word like "blacks," see who wrote it [this is key] and type out a canned response that's pre-approved by others in the drum circle.

It's damned near impossible to get past the whataboutism. And worse, even guys like Mark and Frenchie can't see what they're doing: "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Once we got past the whiney "all or some" issues that I addressed initially but went ungroked, these guys have nothing. They will not even attempt to answer the hard questions, and yet, somehow, they know what's what and what's best for black people.

Isn't it time for white leaders to speak out about their insurrection ? 

When will white leaders speak out about the military industrial complex ? 

White leaders need to step up and confront the hedge fund thieves, right ?  

(Black leaders will get a pass on all of these . . . ) 

image.jpeg.3dedf8f9dc4935bad5ebb910aea59488.jpeg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

ad hominem is all ya got - and without even anything in the way of wit or imagination. 

You seem totally incapable of any sort of rational exchange of views. 

No wonder you could not make it in Cali 

Ay Caramba !!

Lol

Idiot on internet calls out poster for ad hominem attacks then proceeds to attack said poster with ad hominems

Ya couldn’t make this stupid up…

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

See the source image

It’s been a half century and more since this heartbreaking event and black America still haven’t been able to find a leader to replace him.

Therein lies the problem.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Isn't it time for white leaders to speak out about their insurrection ? 

When will white leaders speak out about the military industrial complex ? 

White leaders need to step up and confront the hedge fund thieves, right ?  

(Black leaders will get a pass on all of these . . . ) 

image.jpeg.3dedf8f9dc4935bad5ebb910aea59488.jpeg

Whataboutism. I'm beginning to think the drum circle doesn't know what this means.

How about the guy who makes sure we know he went to Berkeley? Or, his butt buddy Raz'r?

Sol, I think you went to law school in DC.  Surely you can answer direct questions. Hasher is a lawyer but ... Hasher.

We've heard Mark and Frenchy. They can't or won't engage.

AJ, I set you up with your own thread and I no longer follow it. Why not run all these very good questions up your own flagpole?  Or are you "totally incapable of any sort of rational exchange of views." Your words, AJ. 

They are all excellent questions for another thread. 

Gents, I'm trying to stop a war not start one. 

AJ, I set you up with your own thread and I no longer follow it.

You want me to thank you for being a stalker-troll ?? 

Seriously ?? 

3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Seriously ?? 

You really didn't need any help from him....given that you're the most arrogant, pompous and fakest psuedo-'intellectual' here. Ever. And also the most divisive piece of shit I've known in 14 years here.  But hey, I will give you credit for being able to jerk your lettuce with either hand whilst typing I love Me letters to yourself while you're sitting in the Barcolounger of Knowledge and reading the Gnu Yawk Thymes. That takes a bit of skill, methinks.....

18 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Seriously ?? 

I didn't ask for thanks dimwit. Can you still read?

29 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

you're the most arrogant, pompous and fakest psuedo-'intellectual' here. Ever.

AJ -- tell mrs dr AJ this is what you want on that granite crypt you bought last year ... on sale. Betcha there's a few former colleagues who would agree. 

AJ -- tell mrs dr AJ this is what you want on that granite crypt you bought last year ... on sale. Betcha there's a few former colleagues who would agree. 

So below is the main post I made just above, which somehow strikes y'all as "arrogant, pompous and fakest psuedo-'intellectual'" . . . 

Can you explain why this is so?  

The post is civil, and I will defend its veracity with empirical Eva Dense. 

The problem is that you and EM cannot handle the truth, and are not bright enough to defend your views when challenged. 

Self cite . . .

OK, so let us discuss. You're almost entirely wrong above . . 

The Great Society was a huge success, and that has been documented extensively. It helped the elderly the most, but minorities made strides as well. Women and black professionals were rare as hens teeth prior to the LBJ reforms - now they are common: talking law, medicine, science, uni profs, and more. Are you saying that this is not important, or that it did not happen ?? 

In that quote by MLK from "Letter From Birmingham Jail", you are also quite wrong. He was criticizing white "moderates" for MOVING FAR TOO SLOWLY in pushing for racial equality; by no means was he saying that moderates should not support civil rights, and economic uplift. 

That quote has been distorted for years by the US R-eich. 

You bean a silly man AJ. EM was referring to your overall presentation to the forum. I thought it accurate enough to be an epitaph. Nothing to do with any particular post.

You saying the Great Society is ... whatever ...  just doesn't make it so. I might wrangle about the GS, but here, there are two questions. SW feels that the BLM is bogus and grubbing. My issue is what to do with the developing problems I outlined. You don't seem to be able to handle these issues directly, and that fact alone tells readers all they need to know about you as a professor of political science in a private church-funded college in the sticks. 

Go on to bed like a good fellow.

Aaa-Jayyyy....when every g-damn post of yours contains any variation of your term 'Riech'?...you just continue to propogate the  fact that you're a one sided Leftista idiot with no original ideas or trains of thought of your own.....ergo....you're nothing more than another East Coast cubicle hamster that wouldn't last thirty minutes alone in any city park. Seriously----you're just taking up space.....where a palm tree could be......

when every g-damn post of yours contains any variation of your term 'Riech'?

The GOPPER embrace of the insurrection, and the Big Lie, proves that my use of the term R-eich was and is entirely justified.  If the shoe fits Dude. 

But the topic here is Black Lives Matter. 

It is rather a shame that you have neither the knowledge nor the grown up words to discuss it. 

So it goes. 

The GOPPER embrace of the insurrection, and the Big Lie, proves that my use of the term R-eich was and is entirely justified.  If the shoe fits Dude. 

But the topic here is Black Lives Matter. 

It is rather a shame that you have neither the knowledge nor the grown up words to discuss it. 

So it goes. 

I've already given you AND the Leftista denizens of P/A here.....for over a decade now....that us non-blacks won't give a flying fuk about 'Black Lives' mattering.....until 'important'  Blacks....start taking care of their own shit....and finally admitting that the racist Democrats are personally responsible for the fuking mess they've been in for the past 60 years. Jfc but even Stevie WONDER can see how fuked up your liberal 'policies' have hurt the African American community. So it's about time you fuking psuedo slave owners in 2021....'fess up and admit you've been completely wrong for decades now......

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

admitting that the racist Democrats are personally responsible for the fuking mess they've been in for the past 60 years.

Yeah, they wuz so much better off under James Crow; and by gum, wimmin knew their place back then too. 

Your comment is fractally wrong, not to mention empirically challenged. 

Yeah, they wuz so much better off under James Crow; and by gum, wimmin knew their place back then too. 

Your comment is fractally wrong, not to mention empirically challenged. 

Apparently you're new to our little planet. Sorry the stewardess forgot to give you the crib notes on how fuked up the Dems have treated the Negroes in America for the past 100 years. Seriously, it'll make for some very good reading material for you. You stupid fuking fuk......

12 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Apparently you're new to our little planet. Sorry the stewardess forgot to give you the crib notes on how fuked up the Dems have treated the Negroes in America for the past 100 years. Seriously, it'll make for some very good reading material for you. You stupid fuking fuk......

This book changed my thinking - Jim Crow was actually a lot worse than I had thought. (And yes, Southern Dems did it until the middle sixties, when they all switched parties to the thinly disguised racism of the GOPPER R-eich) 

You really have zero intention of learning about this subject, right ?? So this is for the few others who might read this . . not many at all I would guess, most having left in despair.) 

Slavery by Another Name : The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II

14 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

This book changed my thinking - Jim Crow was actually a lot worse than I had thought. (And yes, Southern Dems did it until the middle sixties, when they all switched parties to the thinly disguised racism of the GOPPER R-eich) 

You really have zero intention of learning about this subject, right ?? So this is for the few others who might read this . . not many at all I would guess, most having left in despair.) 

Slavery by Another Name : The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II

To be quite serious? I'm done going thru the fuking past....and literally, at my age? Really don't give a flying fuk about the future anymore. I'll leave that to you pearl clutchers and Kerry fellators. So have fun....'saving' the planet....:lol:

6 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

I'm done going thru the fuking past.

Not going through the past?  You were the troll who brought it up !!

You just got through babbling about the last 100 years, in your usual error strewn fashion. 

And bear in mind that you, the one with the rude writing - scattering F-bombs around with abandon - are all hurt by the mild epithet "R-eichista".

Such a hypocrite snowflake. 

Both  One of you guys might enjoy this bit about antiracism. I tried to sell this here a month or so ago, and both Ollie and the Berkeley Bandito put down this author as ... something awful IIRC. Still, he is black, so there's that,  and teaches at Columbia, and Berkeley before that, and Ollie didn't:

"You see, we should be committed less to being right than to seeing things be right for actual people. Others, though, are more concerned with “getting right with contemporary concepts of antiracism,” as Flanagan artfully puts it, than with things being right for actual people."  

https://johnmcwhorter.substack.com/p/racist-antiracism-at-the-university

@Steam Flyer Doug, you might want to read this. Short version, Cal figured out that some people couldn't pass the SAT, so they dropped it ... much like Harvard did awhile back, to make things uh, look better on campus.

And you folks are uneasy talking about race. Time to rethink that.

7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

I've already given you AND the Leftista denizens of P/A here.....for over a decade now....that us non-blacks won't give a flying fuk about 'Black Lives' mattering.....until 'important'  Blacks....start taking care of their own shit....and finally admitting that the racist Democrats are personally responsible for the fuking mess they've been in for the past 60 years. Jfc but even Stevie WONDER can see how fuked up your liberal 'policies' have hurt the African American community. So it's about time you fuking psuedo slave owners in 2021....'fess up and admit you've been completely wrong for decades now......

image.png.4c0e5069a93453a92d2ebe9fafadc239.png

O Randi: this bit where you post pics that presumably explain things that you are unable to using words is generally lame. What makes this one particularly incorrect is that BLM is very pissed off about this incident -- a current thread topic championed by SW, and the fact that the ex-cop is in fact in prison and is a dead man walking the day he enters gen pop. And, I'm enjoying knowing that he knows it. 

This stuff might even be on Aus tv. Now, if you have something relevant, please have at it. 

OK, so as politely as I am able . . . 

I'll point out that there are many black leaders who work very hard to reduce violence in the black community - and the white community as well. 

One of those giants just passed away - Bob Moses, got a nice obit in the NYT. It was my singular privilege to meet him once when he visited our little uni. 

Another is Cornell West, formerly of Harvard. He is a tireless advocate for justice and peace for all. 

There are many, many others. 

It strikes me that those demanding that black leaders do something know nothing of folks like Moses & West. 

Both Moses and West also confront white racism - and that is why they are anathema to the R-eich.