Black Lives Matter

12 minutes ago, astro said:

Here's Jerkz.

HomelyUnsungAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Randipshit, have you always been this stupid, or is this the result of some kind of a head injury?  You think you are "winning" this argument?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s crazy that BLM isn’t putting all its effort into curing sickle cell anemia. CRAZY!

Oh, good grief.  Is THAT why we're talking past one another?  "Systemic"  -  look it up in a dictionary  -  just means that it's a quality of a system, as opposed an individual component of the s

According to the police report the statue slipped and fell into the river.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

You think you are "winning" this argument?

I have already won it!  But you are too fucking stupid to realise that.

Funni as fuck to watch.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, astro said:

I have already won it!  But you are to fucking stupid to realise that.

Funni as fuck to watch.

giphy.gif

I especially like how you "won" it by posting the very data that proves my case.

4 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

That must be painful, but I'm sorry I can't help you, not a doctor.

See some medical help soon.

edit: are you with the same shill farm as Jerkz?   He might point you in the right direction, orally transmitted sex diseases, I've heard about them, I'm sure he has experience.

Black lives matter indeed....

“In 2015 and 2016, when officers also retreated to purely reactionary policing, an additional 2,000 black males died, the largest two-year increase in homicide in half a century. Harvard economist Roland Fryer, University of Utah law professor Paul Cassell, and University of Utah economist Richard Fowles have recently documented what I have called the Ferguson Effect: the sharp rise in crime during episodes of pervasive anti-cop rhetoric and depolicing.”

From Heather Mac Donald's testimony to the House Committee on the Judiciary

20 minutes ago, Dog said:

Oh looky it's Doggy are you from the same shill farm?

Did Jerkz and Bravo send you in for help?

14jbujF.gif

1 hour ago, astro said:

So where are your figures coming from? 

Here's mine.  Looks like there is such a thing as Australian Americans and they come second!   :D

You are dumb as fuck Jerkz.

Are Australian Americans white?

By ancestry

1. Indian American (2016) : $132,746 [1]
  2. Australian American (2016) : $90,930[2]

It would seem that Randipshit is trying to make the case that Australian Americans are one of the most racist, privileged groups out there.  

Milley Apologizes for Role in Trump Photo Op: ‘I Should Not Have Been There’

President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square, current and former military leaders say, has sparked a moment of reckoning in the military.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/politics/trump-milley-military-protests-lafayette-square.html

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Black lives matter indeed....

“In 2015 and 2016, when officers also retreated to purely reactionary policing, an additional 2,000 black males died, the largest two-year increase in homicide in half a century. Harvard economist Roland Fryer, University of Utah law professor Paul Cassell, and University of Utah economist Richard Fowles have recently documented what I have called the Ferguson Effect: the sharp rise in crime during episodes of pervasive anti-cop rhetoric and depolicing.”

After doing a quick look, you realize everything I read from her is just opinions, no annotations or documentations, right? You understand confirmation bias? The Left is radical?  The Right takes some opinions and splatters them across the universe and then it becomes gospel.

You could try and broaden your sources or just stay in your comfort zone and PA will continue to point that out.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square, current and former military leaders say, has sparked a moment of reckoning in the military.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/politics/trump-milley-military-protests-lafayette-square.html

"Should Not Have Been There" is not enough.  Someone needs to sack up and tell the Emperor and the Faithful to stop this shit.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

"Should Not Have Been There" is not enough.  Someone needs to sack up and tell the Emperor and the Faithful to stop this shit.

Nobody tells Trump what to do. Well, they can try while looking for another job.  Yesterday i read a piece that quoted a bunch of NG folks - they were not happy with what they were required to do.  As someone stated back in the primaries of 2015 - the only person who can defeat Donald Trump is Donald Trump.

Let's chip in to buy him bigger shovels.

21 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

After doing a quick look, you realize everything I read from her is just opinions, no annotations or documentations, right? You understand confirmation bias? The Left is radical?  The Right takes some opinions and splatters them across the universe and then it becomes gospel.

You could try and broaden your sources or just stay in your comfort zone and PA will continue to point that out.

One of the researchers MacDonald cited..

https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399?utm_campaign=ntw&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ntw

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Nobody tells Trump what to do. Well, they can try while looking for another job.  Yesterday i read a piece that quoted a bunch of NG folks - they were not happy with what they were required to do.  As someone stated back in the primaries of 2015 - the only person who can defeat Donald Trump is Donald Trump.

Let's chip in to buy him bigger shovels.

I think I read the same article, or similar. They talked to NG folks who were facing off with family. That's a shitty position to be in.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

I'm thinking a resignation is in order.

5 hours ago, Dog said:

Which does not relate to this claim:

8 hours ago, Dog said:

at all.

Who did she cite for that claim, and where's the research?

Not that McDonald is anything like a neutral observer or anything  -  her whole career is defending the current system  -  but it might be interesting to see what she's citing, this time.

59 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Which does not relate to this claim:

at all.

Who did she cite for that claim, and where's the research?

Not that McDonald is anything like a neutral observer or anything  -  her whole career is defending the current system  -  but it might be interesting to see what she's citing, this time.

I don't know that she is opposed to reforming the system. She definitely wants an end to the death and destruction rooted in the lie of systemic targeting perpetuated by BLM and refuted by Mr. Fryer's research.

16 hours ago, Raz'r said:
18 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Are "African Americans" are not also Americans?  Why the double standard?  It's the same BS racist statistic that compares African American incomes with white incomes.  Why is it OK in that case but not when comparing Iranian Americans and Indian (spot, not feather) Americans with White American income.  

Personally, I despise the qualifier before "American".  We should ALL be American first and foremost.  Demanding to be called African American is BS unless I get to be called European American.  

You go racist boi

How so?  It's wrong to compare incomes of Indian Americans to whites as being racist (according to @Steam Flyer) but it's perfectly not only fine but demanded that we compare black income to white income?  Who's the racist in this scenario.  Hint:  It's not the Burning Man.

15 hours ago, astro said:

Awesome Jeffy.  Start a movement to not identify black people in official records. 

See how that goes in America.

Weren't the you the one bitching about that very thing recently that the US is fucked for making racial distinctions on all of our stats, polls birth certs, etc?  Of course it would be difficult because this racial BS in ingrained in our culture.  But a movement has to start somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

How so?  It's wrong to compare incomes of Indian Americans to whites as being racist (according to @Steam Flyer) but it's perfectly not only fine but demanded that we compare black income to white income?  Who's the racist in this scenario.  Hint:  It's not the Burning Man.

???

I doubted the accuracy of the data, not the moral principle of the data itself.

Work on those reading skills

- DSK

{edit to add} Do you know of any black people that DEMANDED to be called African-American?

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

???

- DSK

{edit to add} Do you know of any black people that DEMANDED to be called African-American?

You are a lying cunt.  These are your words.  You did not doubt the accuracy, you made a moral judgement on the data itself:

20 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

What kind of bullshit racist statistic is this?

Iranian Americans are Americans. Tell me the per capita income of Irish Americans

- DSK

What made that stat racist?  

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:
20 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

...  Iranian Americans are Americans. ...

You really look hard for stuff to be pissed off about, and ignore the more important statement.

Your life must really suck.

- DSK

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yes, pretty much all of them since Jesse started campaigning for the change in terms in 1988.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2152175?seq=1

I demand to be called European-American so I can the same cultural integrity and historical reference that blacks asked for and received.  Being called "white" denies me my heritage and pride.  

Just now, Steam Flyer said:
7 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

You really look hard for stuff to be pissed off about, and ignore the more important statement.

Your life must really suck.

- DSK

No, quite the contrary.  Why are you ignoring my question and tap dancing around the fact that you are a blatant lying cunt?

3 hours ago, Swimsailor said:
11 hours ago, Dog said:

It's like you righties search out specifically for confirmation bias.  "Look, look!  A black person who agrees with me!"

"Look at my African-American, over here."

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

???

- DSK

Well, dipshit, do a little research.   Start with Wikipedia.  

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

???

- DSK

Digression seems to be progression so can I create or follow a tangent?  No one said no.  A prosecutor buddy was in court when the judge referred to "black" people.  My friend put the judge down in the way only he could.  We are African-Americans! We laughed about it at lunch.  My friend is a judge now.  The other judge FINALLY retired when his remarks on the record went to an appellate court.  The remarks revealed a deep-seated bigotry toward people of color.

Sad.  The first judge really was decent guy most of the time.  If only everyone knew their place and understood he was KING.

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Yes, pretty much all of them since Jesse started campaigning for the change in terms in 1988.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2152175?seq=1

I demand to be called European-American so I can the same cultural integrity and historical reference that blacks asked for and received.  Being called "white" denies me my heritage and pride.  

seriously?  In real life, you've actually met someone who uses "african-american" instead of "black", in everyday life? 

I've only ever seen it in academic papers, or official (bureaucratic) communications.  

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

No, quite the contrary.  Why are you ignoring my question and tap dancing around the fact that you are a blatant lying cunt?

What happened to your saying I was a flaming leftie?

"Facts" are things that are true, just for future reference.

- DSK

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

At last, some civil discourse.  Is "people of color" more appropriate than "colored people"?

My dead grandfather would like to know.

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

More black people who agree with me...

Baltimore Residents Blame Record-High Murder Rate On Lower Police Presence

by Bill Otis · Jun 10, 2020 1:10 pm

The title of this post is the headline of an NPR piece (written two and a half years ago but unfortunately more timely than ever) discussing what people living in Baltimore’s inner city actually want from the police.  The answer NPR found can be summarized in one word:  More.

They don’t want abusive police, obviously, as no one would.  They want police who talk to them and respond to their needs both for respect and safety.   But the basic thing they want  —  notwithstanding what we hear from leftist think tanks and law professors who Live Somewhere Else  —  is more and more active policing.

The article starts with these paragraphs:

For the third year in a row, Baltimore, Md., has had more than 300 murders, reaching a new record of murders per number of residents in 2017.

Some residents attribute the high murder rate to relaxed police patrols in the city following high-profile cases of police brutality. Officers have backed off in neighborhoods, like the one where Freddie Gray was arrested.

The Rev. Kinji Scott, a pastor in Baltimore who’s held positions in local city government, says the opposite needs to happen.

“We wanted the police there,” Scott says. “We wanted them engaged in the community. We didn’t want them beating the hell out of us, we didn’t want that.”

He’s among activists who are calling for police reform to reduce the violence in Baltimore and several other high-crime cities across the U.S. that he says haven’t seen change. That change begins with a conversation between the communities directly involved, Scott says.

“We need the front line police officers and we need the heart of the black community to step to the forefront of this discussion,” he says. “And that’s when we’re going to see a decrease in crime.”

https://www.crimeandconsequences.blog/2020/06/10/baltimore-residents-blame-record-high-murder-rate-on-lower-police-presence/#more-1312

13 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Weren't the you the one bitching about that very thing recently that the US is fucked for making racial distinctions on all of our stats, polls birth certs, etc?  Of course it would be difficult because this racial BS in ingrained in our culture.  But a movement has to start somewhere.

Nope, it was me. And I stand by that statement.

FKT

13 hours ago, frenchie said:

seriously?  In real life, you've actually met someone who uses "african-american" instead of "black", in everyday life? 

I've only ever seen it in academic papers, or official (bureaucratic) communications.  

Yes, I have.  Several.  

12 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
17 hours ago, Burning Man said:

What happened to your saying I was a flaming leftie?

"Facts" are things that are true, just for future reference.

Yes, I'm glad you agree with me on the facts.  

12 hours ago, hasher said:

At last, some civil discourse.  Is "people of color" more appropriate than "colored people"?

My dead grandfather would like to know.

I dunno, why don't you ask the NAACP?

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
11 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Yes, I'm glad you agree with me on the facts.  

I'm glad to see you're familiar with the concept

That you're a lying cunt?  Yes.  Yes I am familiar, thanks.  

Edit:  Sorry you are correct.  My statement was not entirely factual.  I left out "Disingenuous".

7 hours ago, Dog said:
16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

More black people who agree with me...

Baltimore Residents Blame Record-High Murder Rate On Lower Police Presence

by Bill Otis · Jun 10, 2020 1:10 pm

The title of this post is the headline of an NPR piece (written two and a half years ago but unfortunately more timely than ever) discussing what people living in Baltimore’s inner city actually want from the police.  The answer NPR found can be summarized in one word:  More.

They don’t want abusive police, obviously, as no one would.  They want police who talk to them and respond to their needs both for respect and safety.   But the basic thing they want  —  notwithstanding what we hear from leftist think tanks and law professors who Live Somewhere Else  —  is more and more active policing.

The article starts with these paragraphs:

For the third year in a row, Baltimore, Md., has had more than 300 murders, reaching a new record of murders per number of residents in 2017.

Some residents attribute the high murder rate to relaxed police patrols in the city following high-profile cases of police brutality. Officers have backed off in neighborhoods, like the one where Freddie Gray was arrested.

The Rev. Kinji Scott, a pastor in Baltimore who’s held positions in local city government, says the opposite needs to happen.

“We wanted the police there,” Scott says. “We wanted them engaged in the community. We didn’t want them beating the hell out of us, we didn’t want that.”

He’s among activists who are calling for police reform to reduce the violence in Baltimore and several other high-crime cities across the U.S. that he says haven’t seen change. That change begins with a conversation between the communities directly involved, Scott says.

“We need the front line police officers and we need the heart of the black community to step to the forefront of this discussion,” he says. “And that’s when we’re going to see a decrease in crime.”

https://www.crimeandconsequences.blog/2020/06/10/baltimore-residents-blame-record-high-murder-rate-on-lower-police-presence/#more-1312

I have no doubt you made sure to find a cite that involved Baltimore, as many of your replies to me center around the city I live in, love, and refuse to give up on.  

Is there something specific you'd like me to address in your copy-and-paste?  Or, is this just another of your oblique swipes at me?

One of the problems of having only a 63 word vocabulary.

It will be over very quickly, summer is here, the light is shining, these cases are nearly zero, blacks will drink bleach, it will go down easily ...soon everyone will be white and friendly.

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Yes, I have.  Several.  

Huh.  I stand corrected.  Got a PM from someone saying it's always their default, too.

Now I'm pondering... is it a generational thing?  A regional thing?  Or...?

Literally never heard a black person use it. 

Or any white person, who has any black friends, either.  Only the Amy Coopers of the world (people who insist they aren't racist, except...)

17 hours ago, frenchie said:

Definitely on the left coast

Unlike Jeffreaux, however, it bothers me not.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Unfortunately his support base can't read.

EaRMTB7UEAACg8O.jpeg

151138615_images-2020-06-08T051808_444.jpeg.d61360a31b589549dcedb4c697b6f484.jpeg

1077752723_images-2020-06-08T051915_411.jpeg.b65097e2bd9323d2cdcf88b7f884d853.jpeg

Those nuts were around before Trump. They will be around post Trump.  They’ve held their little marches for decades.   

On 6/10/2020 at 6:58 PM, jzk said:

If you think white supremacy is a problem, when are you going to address the massive problem if Indian American supremacy?  It seems that the average median household income of Indian Americans (from India) is $132,746 while the median household income for white people is $70,642.  How are we going to solve this blatant inequality problem?

Any ideas?

13 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Those nuts were around before Trump. They will be around post Trump.  They’ve held their little marches for decades.   

Only little don sends the right signals.  

16 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Any ideas?

First idea:  An amount of money is necessary to support loved ones and have life.

Second idea:  That amount of money plateaus and beyond that no more happiness can be found in money.

Third idea:  Do you resent the fact that people who are not descendants of Europeans are getting rich?

Fourth idea:  Fuck you, not me personally, I'm socially distancing, but maybe the world in general.

6 minutes ago, hasher said:

First idea:  An amount of money is necessary to support loved ones and have life.

Second idea:  That amount of money plateaus and beyond that no more happiness can be found in money.

Third idea:  Do you resent the fact that people who are not descendants of Europeans are getting rich?

Fourth idea:  Fuck you, not me personally, I'm socially distancing, but maybe the world in general.

What does any of that have to with Indian- American income inequality?   

You think earning $132K per year is ‘rich’?

11 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

What does any of that have to with Indian- American income inequality?   

You think earning $132K per year is ‘rich’?

Dipshit, do people who have more money than you threaten your self-esteem?  Especially if their skin has more pigment?

I think 132K is very nice.  Way beyond what one needs.  Many people earn much more.  Most people earn much less.

Little don was born with money, squandered it and has been poor his entire life.

1 hour ago, hasher said:

Dipshit, do people who have more money than you threaten your self-esteem?  Especially if their skin has more pigment?

I think 132K is very nice.  Way beyond what one needs.  Many people earn much more.  Most people earn much less.

Little don was born with money, squandered it and has been poor his entire life.

When I look at people who have more money than I think about how they obtained it and think about how I may incorporate that into my situation (where applicable).  I don’t think about the pigmentation of their skin. 

$137K yearly is not very much in a lot of areas.  Needs vary greatly.  What works for you may not meet the needs of others.

What does the comment about ‘little don’ have to do with it?

you asked ‘what are we going to do about Indian-American income inequality’.   

On 6/11/2020 at 9:58 AM, jzk said:

If you think white supremacy is a problem, when are you going to address the massive problem if Indian American supremacy?  It seems that the average median household income of Indian Americans (from India) is $132,746 while the median household income for white people is $70,642.  How are we going to solve this blatant inequality problem?

Maybe they should stop eating burgers, watching porn, polishing their knobs and AR15's and earn some money like the Indians and Australians do?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

BLM and their lie of "systemic racism" has resulted in death in your streets. That should trigger you.

I'm here in Baltimore, doing what I can to make things better.

You ran away.  Was your tail between your legs?

1 hour ago, Dog said:
16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Dog will disapprove.

blm.jpg

BLM and their lie of "systemic racism" has resulted in death in your streets. That should trigger you.

"Systemic Racism" is a lie?  Really?  I trust you would have no problem changing places with an African-American? 

I know it is a silly notion, to believe such a switch is even possible.

No more silly than "systemic racism" is a lie.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

"Systemic Racism" is a lie?  Really?  I trust you would have no problem changing places with an African-American? 

I know it is a silly notion, to believe such a switch is even possible.

No more silly than "systemic racism" is a lie.

What does that question have to do with "systemic racism?"  If anything, it might be relevant as to whether an individual was racist.  And, no doubt there are individuals that are racist.

Whatever race I was born as would probably be the race I would prefer.  

If there is systematic racism in the US, why do Ethiopian Americans make more than white people?

Of course there used to be systematic racism like legalizing slavery itself, segregation, minimum wage laws, prevailing wage laws, and redlining policies where the government wouldn't back black owned mortgages, refusal to give charters to prospective black owned banks, etc.

But where is it now?

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm here in Baltimore, doing what I can to make things better.

You ran away.  Was your tail between your legs?

What are things you have done to make things better?  What are things that one can do to make things better?

5 minutes ago, jzk said:

What does that question have to do with "systemic racism?"  If anything, it might be relevant as to whether an individual was racist.  And, no doubt there are individuals that are racist.

Whatever race I was born as would probably be the race I would prefer.  

If there is systematic racism in the US, why do Ethiopian Americans make more than white people?

Of course there used to be systematic racism like legalizing slavery itself, segregation, minimum wage laws, prevailing wage laws, and redlining policies where the government wouldn't back black owned mortgages, refusal to give charters to prospective black owned banks, etc.

But where is it now?

It's funny to say there is no "systemic racism" and then ponder the thought experiment of whether you'd trade places with a black man. 

I am not surprised the concept escapes you.  Of course, there is a lot that escapes you.

It's funny to say there is no "systemic racism" and then ponder the thought experiment of whether you'd trade places with a black man. 

I am not surprised the concept escapes you.  Of course, there is a lot that escapes you.

Do you have anything to offer on the issue?  If I was born a black man, that is the race I would probably prefer.  Why? 

Because I don't give a fuck about race to wish I was a different race.  

I know you can do better. 

6 minutes ago, jzk said:

What are things you have done to make things better?  What are things that one can do to make things better?

I teach in the public schools.  I volunteer in other schools, tutoring students to develop proficiency.  I serve meals at "Healthcare for the Homeless".  I help out at Viva House.  I show up when asked to help.  I donate to shelters and soup kitchens.  My wife and I have been doing these things for decades, and our children not only participated, but involved their friends to help.  At 21 and 18, they are adult and continue to do so.

I am not special for doing any of these things.  It's called compassion, humanity, and being a member of a caring society.  Not surprised this would have to be explained to you.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, jzk said:

Do you have anything to offer on the issue?  If I was born a black man, that is the race I would probably prefer.  Why? 

Because I don't give a fuck about race to wish I was a different race.  

I know you can do better. 

Agreed you would not have a choice.  It's easy to "not care about race" when the color of your skin is used against you in a multitude of ways.

Try this - do you deny that blacks have suffered for decades of laws and actions designed to deny them basic human rights?  Do you feel that all of that has been removed?

I teach in the public schools.  I volunteer in other schools, tutoring students to develop proficiency.  I serve meals at "Healthcare for the Homeless".  I help out at Viva House.  I show up when asked to help.  I donate to shelters and soup kitchens.  My wife and I have been doing these things for decades, and our children not only participated, but involved their friends to help.  At 21 and 18, they are adult and continue to do so.

I am not special for doing any of these things.  It's called compassion, humanity, and being a member of a caring society.  Not surprised this would have to be explained to you.

Why are you such a fucking asshole?  I merely asked what you did, and what are things that one can do to make a difference in your opnion?

Why would a question like that bring out your asshole side?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Dog, this is a breathtakingly ignorant comment. Can't you see that generations systemic racism is exactly what created the plight of these people? You think they are in that situation because they want to be? Open your eyes.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Agreed you would not have a choice.  Try this - do you deny that blacks have suffered for decades of laws and actions designed to deny them basic human rights?  Do you feel that all of that has been removed?

I listed several ways that blacks were negatively affected by laws in the US.  Did you read that part?

Now it seems those laws are not systematically racist, but rather cause systematic poverty.  Do you support systematic poverty?

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Systemic

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-i

Just now, jzk said:

Why are you such a fucking asshole?  I merely asked what you did, and what are things that one can do to make a difference in your opnion?

Why would a question like that bring out your asshole side?

Because you are a dick.  You are not interested in meaningful dialogue.  You just want to get into a pissing match.

Anyone who reads your posts in PA will likely agree.

1 minute ago, jzk said:

I listed several ways that blacks were negatively affected by laws in the US.  Did you read that part?

Now it seems those laws are not systematically racist, but rather cause systematic poverty.  Do you support systematic poverty?

If the laws negatively affect people of a particular race, that makes those laws.......?

1 minute ago, jzk said:

Systemic poverty is the natural result of systemic racism. What, you think it's genetics?

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Because you are a dick.  You are not interested in meaningful dialogue.  You just want to get into a pissing match.

Anyone who reads your posts in PA will likely agree.

You are the dick.  It came out in your answer to my question.  You can't meaningfully engage anything.  Care to give it a try?

You think that black people need your help and compassion.  And, there is always a place in society, of course, for help and compassion.

But even better is a system that allows them to flourish on their own.  And, of course, they are every bit as able to flourish on their own as you or I.

Here is how we could start.  Get rid of minimum wage laws.  They used to be racist, but now they are just causing systemic poverty.

If the laws negatively affect people of a particular race, that makes those laws.......?

The laws currently affect people that are poor.  Again, why do you think Ethiopian Americans make more than white people?

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Systemic poverty is the natural result of systemic racism. What, you think it's genetics?

There was a time where the laws were targeted at black people.  Now they affect all poor people pretty much equally.

Regardless, we should agree on getting rid of them because they are bad for poor people regardless of their intent.

How about we start with minimum wage?  And many licensing laws?  How about that?

31 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Ok let's do the thought experiment.....  If I could trade places with a black man of my same education and socioeconomic status and income - I'd give it a go just to see what it was like to be a Dazzling urbanite:lol:.  And like my black co-workers and peers who have done well and been successful, I doubt I would encounter any "systemic" racism in my work or home life.  The thing that would hold me back obviously would be the instances of individual racism and bias.  But I've never claimed that is not a thing and is something we need to work on as a society.  I think it's been perpetuated for a variety of complex reasons and we can have a separate discussion about that.  But I do not think that systemic racism is the thing you think it is.

Now, would I want to trade places with a poor black man in the inner city??  Hellz no.  No more than I would want to trade places with a poor white man in the Ozarks.  Fuck that shit!  Well...... unless I could be a meth Kingpin in the Ozarks, but that's a different story :lol:

2 minutes ago, jzk said:

You are the dick.  It came out in your answer to my question.  You can't meaningfully engage anything.  Care to give it a try?

You think that black people need your help and compassion.  And, there is always a place in society, of course, for help and compassion.

But even better is a system that allows them to flourish on their own.  And, of course, they are every bit as able to flourish on their own as you or I.

Here is how we could start.  Get rid of minimum wage laws.  They used to be racist, but now they are just causing systematic poverty.

No.  You did not ask me what I am doing out of genuine curiosity.  You were challenging me to put up or shut up.  I don't like to share what I do, as it comes across as bragging.  But, when you wanna be a dick about it, I'll share my actions.

As for your second point - my fellow citizens get my help and compassion.  Most of the folks who come to Healthcare for the Homeless are white.  I am not working there out of some white guilt, or mistaken belief that blacks need my help and compassion.  I offer my health and compassion to others less fortunate because that is what I was taught by my parents.  It's a concept deeply ingrained in many belief systems.  Mine happens to be Catholic.  You know "Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers.."?

And, crack open a dictionary and learn the difference between "systemic" and "systematic".  They are not the same.

Just now, Burning Man said:

Ok let's do the thought experiment.....  If I could trade places with a black man of my same education and socioeconomic status and income - I'd give it a go just to see what it was like.  And like my black co-workers and peers who have done well and been successful, I doubt I would encounter any "systemic" racism in my work or home life.  The thing that would hold me back obviously would be the instances of individual racism and bias.  But I've never claimed that is not a thing and is something we need to work on as a society.  I think it's been perpetuated for a variety of complex reasons and we can have a separate discussion about that.  But I do not think that systemic racism is the thing you think it is.

Now, would I want to trade places with a poor black man in the inner city??  Hellz no.  No more than I would want to trade places with a poor white man in the Ozarks.  Fuck that shit!  Well...... unless I could be a meth Kingpin in the Ozarks, but that's a different story :lol:

Successful people encounter all kinds of adversity.  And, they find a way to overcome it.  Just like Ethiopian Americans have.  

This is one of the reasons that I support nearly open immigration.  Immigrants tend to come from far worse situations and see the USA as the land of opportunity.  They come here and often do much better than the average american.  Instead of whining about how life was unfair to them a hundred years before they were born, they bust ass, overcome adversity and flourish.  That is why need more Ethiopians and Iranians and Cubans and whatever people that are so interested in bettering their lives that they are willing to move to a different country to do it.

5 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Ok let's do the thought experiment.....  If I could trade places with a black man of my same education and socioeconomic status and income - I'd give it a go just to see what it was like.  And like my black co-workers and peers who have done well and been successful, I doubt I would encounter any "systemic" racism in my work or home life.  The thing that would hold me back obviously would be the instances of individual racism and bias.  But I've never claimed that is not a thing and is something we need to work on as a society.  I think it's been perpetuated for a variety of complex reasons and we can have a separate discussion about that.  But I do not think that systemic racism is the thing you think it is.

You are choosing the switch to guarantee you won't suffer the effects of discrimination based on the color of your skin.