Black Lives Matter

1 hour ago, Dog said:

“The leaders of this new movement are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry, and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats, and intimidation”...Matt Tiabbi

Wow.  You, quoting Taibi?  Talk about cherry-picking...

Careful you don't wander into the rest of his writing  -  your head might explode.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the police report the statue slipped and fell into the river.

LOL...really...LOL...one of the lefts favorite rants is against privatized prisons...

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Careful you don't wander into the rest of his writing  -  your head might explode.

I read pretty much everything he writes.

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Coach wears bullshitter news network shirt in photo. Star player sees photo. Star player doesn’t like bullshit. Star player expresses self. 

FA017A35-3BBA-48DE-B27F-CB0A990CDEE7.jpeg

Drip drip drip

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

He’s great at feeding rubes “Russia hoax” bullshit.

Yeah, he pretty much demolished the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA shit and its promoters. He's a straight shooting liberal and lately he's been going at both sides pretty hard.

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Coach wears bullshitter news network shirt in photo. Star player sees photo. Star player doesn’t like bullshit. Star player expresses self. 

Are we supposed to be impressed? More "victimized" leftists because someone else doesn't hold sufficiently "woke" opinions. 

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Yeah, he pretty much demolished the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA shit and its promoters. He's a straight shooting liberal and lately he's been going at both sides pretty hard.

Source for good lies you enjoy repeating, you mean?

- DSK

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

FA017A35-3BBA-48DE-B27F-CB0A990CDEE7.jpeg

.....then coach realised he was a dick, star player and coach break bread.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Dog said:

Have you been to Russia?  I have and as Sting sang, they love their children.

21 hours ago, Dog said:

The only one around here slinging RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA is you, Alt-Doggie. You’re only fooling yourself, bullshitter. 

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The only one around here slinging RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA is you, Alt-Doggie. You’re only fooling yourself, bullshitter. 

In the annals of bullshit your Drip drip drip thread reigns supreme. 

On 6/6/2020 at 2:14 PM, Olsonist said:

That's gonna be on Google Maps Satellite View pretty soon. Updates are usually 1-3 years but Google has the capability to update very quickly if they want to. I'll be surprised if that isn't on there within the week.

image.png.a32c694160bb65515c811347f2c580cc.png

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1600+Pennsylvania+Ave+NW,+Washington,+DC+20500/@38.9012958,-77.0376107,278m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b7b7bcdec17ee3:0xf920b148b3d45e45!8m2!3d38.8976992!4d-77.0364252

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

O I L B. 

The Alt Right is gonna hate that. It’s almost as if some people don’t pine for the days of apartheid. Goll durn. 

Interesting article in the SMH today.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/the-pains-of-beholding-my-country-from-a-distance-20200611-p551lo.html

Here's a short quote:

---------------------------

I strolled about Melbourne for four full days before seeing another black man.

I grew up in Philadelphia, a place where urban life is synonymous with black people, my people. An eerie feeling comes with finding all the markers of our existence, only to discover we’ve been cleanly subtracted. Our absence put me on edge.

I grew hyper-sensitive to each side-eye and rude remark. I awaited the racist confrontation that would certainly soon arrive. But one never did.

I encountered only good will. Every cab stopped. Every walker continued walking on my side of the street. Every shopkeeper in every fancy shop inquired how I could be helped. Even while vigilant, I spotted none of those indications of my inferiority that are, in America, mundane.

Whatever hatred Australia may have of me, it could not be accused of constructing its entire society upon it the way my country has. This place is too preoccupied with its own sins to waste any hate on ours. From another hemisphere, so much of America's prejudice which I’d known seemed to be a far-away, forgettable thing.

Which is what Meli, myself and other Aussies have been saying all along. Skin colour doesn't matter in Australia. If you look for racists, you'll find them. But in society as a whole, you just get treated as another person.

Your entire society, be it left, right or centre, is racist and utterly polluted. Don't come here and bring it with you.

FKT

• Like 4
On 6/7/2020 at 12:40 AM, astro said:

The really interesting part is that the entire legal and financial systems of the USA is based on racism. 

It is???  The legal and financial system itself is racist?  How so?  

On 6/9/2020 at 6:13 PM, Raz'r said:
On 6/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, Burning Man said:

On reflection, I'm leaning more and more into defunding the Po-Leece.  Or significantly cutting back most budgets.  I said in another thread that a militarized po-leece is not needed for 90% of the community's issues and that better social services, mental health, community outreach and such would make a MUCH more signicant difference to minority communities than more cops. 

Of course to do this, we have to essentially commit to defunding the war on drugs too, because that goes hand in hand.  The budgets that go to fund the arrest, prosecution and incarceration of some folks who only want to smoke a little weed could be used to pay for these other social services that I discussed above and in other threads.  

I'm ok with that.  But you do realize that the equity gaps would become even more apparent when cities defund the cops and black residents get little to no protection as a result of being LE being defunded and more affluent white communites pony up to pay for their own services, right?  

You guys keep jumping to defund means drop to zero.

We can have a better conversation if you don't misrepresent what others are saying. 

But take a look at the "What liberals are" thread. All you can tell is what Republicans(who are no longer conservative) label Liberals- and from the looks of it, it's anti-gun. And that's it.

Jim Clyburn strongly disagrees with you.  From an NPR interview today:

Clyburn, the House Majority Whip, fears misconstrued headlines could deter some people from supporting the movement. People need to clearly express what they’re fighting for, he says.

His experience with the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee in the 1960s demonstrates that words have consequences, he says.

“It was distorted because headlines broke out: burn, baby, burn. It frightened people. It destroyed the movement,” he says. “And when you start appealing to people's fears or even playing into their fears, then you've got a problem.”

Clyburn says he has been “crying out” to restructure law enforcement and change police policies and procedures for years. Stay focused on these goals, he says.

“Let's keep the goals in the headline,” he says. “Let's not put headlines out there that would run people away from the cause.”

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020/06/16/james-clyburn-police-reform-protests

So yeah, as I said - the use of the word "defund" has a specific meaning and all your "nuance" is going to get your ass kicked on the issue.  I like his use of the word "restructure" instead.  But many of the #BLM folks are doubling down on the defund word and hating on Clyburn for daring to criticize them.  

33 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Financial System, Banking has used 'Redlining' look it up.

The legal system has allowed black people to be killed, with little or no punishment to the killers, if they are white.

3 minutes ago, astro said:
39 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Financial System, Banking has used 'Redlining' look it up.

The legal system has allowed black people to be killed, with little or no punishment to the killers, if they are white.

No randumb,  individuals within the system have done those things.  For the system itself to be racist, there would have to be codified sets of regulations that explicitly allows for those practices to occur. 

The opposite actually exists.  There are rules about redlining and institutions can get in serious trouble if they do it today.  There are rules against killing black folk and there is nothing that I've read that says it's ok for a white person to kill a blaque man without receiving punishment.  The fact that some individuals and occasionally some institutions abuse their power and discriminate doesn't mean the entire industry is racist.  

The real answer is the disparities in the legal and financial system are about socioeconomics, not skin color.  If you are poor - white or black, you are less likely to be able to pay for a decent lawyer to defend yourself.  If you're poor - white or black, you're less likely to get a loan to buy a house.  If you're poor, you're more likely to come into contact with Law Enforcement and therefore end up in prison.  This is true whether you're a poor white meth addict in Arkansas or a poor black crack addict Baltimore.  

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Interesting article in the SMH today.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/the-pains-of-beholding-my-country-from-a-distance-20200611-p551lo.html

Here's a short quote:

I strolled about Melbourne for four full days before seeing another black man.

I grew up in Philadelphia, a place where urban life is synonymous with black people, my people. An eerie feeling comes with finding all the markers of our existence, only to discover we’ve been cleanly subtracted. Our absence put me on edge.

I grew hyper-sensitive to each side-eye and rude remark. I awaited the racist confrontation that would certainly soon arrive. But one never did.

I encountered only good will. Every cab stopped. Every walker continued walking on my side of the street. Every shopkeeper in every fancy shop inquired how I could be helped. Even while vigilant, I spotted none of those indications of my inferiority that are, in America, mundane.

Whatever hatred Australia may have of me, it could not be accused of constructing its entire society upon it the way my country has. This place is too preoccupied with its own sins to waste any hate on ours. From another hemisphere, so much of America's prejudice which I’d known seemed to be a far-away, forgettable thing.

Which is what Meli, myself and other Aussies have been saying all along. Skin colour doesn't matter in Australia. If you look for racists, you'll find them. But in society as a whole, you just get treated as another person.

Your entire society, be it left, right or centre, is racist and utterly polluted. Don't come here and bring it with you.

FKT

Which is also what I've been saying here as well.  The more we continue to label people based on culture, ethnicity and skin color - the more and the longer those divisions will prevail.  As Ish said, black people in Canada are just "Canadians", not African-Canadian.  All the hyphenated Bullshit does is keep people apart.  

58 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

So yeah, as I said - the use of the word "defund" has a specific meaning and all your "nuance" is going to get your ass kicked on the issue.  I like his use of the word "restructure" instead.  But many of the #BLM folks are doubling down on the defund word and hating on Clyburn for daring to criticize them.  

Really? Got any proof of that?, or are you just blowing smoke out your ass?

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

No randumb,  individuals within the system have done those things.  For the system itself to be racist, there would have to be codified sets of regulations that explicitly allows for those practices to occur. 

Yeah really.  You believe that do you?

Yesterday I read something Frenchie linked about a guy who was persecuted by the NYPD for videoing the killing of his friend.  The persecution started the same night and continued after they put him in prison.  The Correctional Officers were handed the baton and they tried to kill him with rat poison in his food, amoungst other injustices like false accusations to place him in solitary confinement.

I have learnt a great deal about racism in the last 6 months.  The Police Organisations kill people just to brag about it later, because they are rarely charged, until now.  And just so you don't do the 'well what about Australia" thing.  Yes it happens here too.  It's the Police, fuck the Police for what they are doing. 

So if you believe the bad apple bullshit you are a victim of the system.  Racism and violence is in the DNA of every cop shop.

I have read reports from a couple of indigenous Australians who went to work for a while in the US.  One women I heard an interview with is now a senior in our government administration.  When asked about her time in the US, the women struggled to express herself and became clearly emotional.  Turns out that she went from normality here in her professional life to be treated like shit in the USA.  It never ended, slight or severe people continued to treat her as 'black' and with dismissal and disdain. 

Only 30 seconds in she said that she was not going to answer anymore questions about the US or her experiences there.  And she didn't.

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Really? Got any proof of that?, or are you just blowing smoke out your ass?

According to the NPR story, Clyburn's website and the news blog comments section that have carried his comments have been blowing up with dissent from BLM folks saying that he's a sellout and that defund is exactly what they mean.  

57 minutes ago, jzk said:

There is also video of him pushing around some women well before this started.

There is also court proceedings that is going to fuck your boy Wyatt Earp from his self proclaimed "New Mexico Civil Guard" up the arse, both figuratively and literally. The BLM knife guy less so.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:43 PM, frenchie said:

I would normally agree, but he's gone full Dennis Miller, James Woods, because its the last place he can make money.  He also tried too hard to be Hunter S Thompson, when he really wasn't even close.  He fucked up every job he's ever had.  Heroin is a Motherfucker.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

But first, let's figure out why we are so much more fucked than all those other guys so we can actually recover and not just get fucked again in a few months.  You don't know why our numbers are so bad either?  

Let those who want to get back to life do that.  You stay home and figure out why we are ‘so much more fucked’.  If it was THAT big of a deal we would have had a shut down.  

if Starbucks is so essential they can remain open for business it’s obviously not a big deal.

2 hours ago, astro said:

I have read reports from a couple of indigenous Australians who went to work for a while in the US.  One women I heard an interview with is now a senior in our government administration.  When asked about her time in the US, the women struggled to express herself and became clearly emotional.  Turns out that she went from normality here in her professional life to be treated like shit in the USA.  It never ended, slight or severe people continued to treat her as 'black' and with dismissal and disdain. 

Only 30 seconds in she said that she was not going to answer anymore questions about the US or her experiences there.  And she didn't.

Meh.  One thing I’ve noticed in my career is a lot of foreigners come to work in the US and don’t handle the culture well.  You are expected to step up be heard.  If you don’t you run the risk of being an also-ran.  No special treatment because you are from a different country.  

Also,  if she felt as though she was being treated as ‘black’ then she have known what that meant before being in the US.   

could also be that she wasn’t a good fit for the job.   Maybe everyone knew she was temporary so didn’t pay her much mind (I don’t train people who come in for a few months to ‘see how we do things’ - I let them ‘see’ it).

Could be that everyone in the US is just blatantly racist.  

21 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Also,  if she felt as though she was being treated as ‘black’ then she have known what that meant before being in the US

It's all about degree.  How different she was treated was the issue.  But it doesn't matter what excuses you trot out, or how much doubt you cast on her professionalism, it was her experience she reported and I accept what she said.

Some of the best discussions I had while working in the US were with a black homeless guy in San Fran.  Used to leave the hotel and buy a paper (Big Issue?) and have a chat.  Ended up with a stack of them all the same.  Very clever and politically aware guy.  He was campaigning about homelessness in the City.

Drunk vets in Bakersfield ... not so entertaining.

27 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Could be that everyone in the US is just blatantly racist.  

Maybe not everyone but probably 80% plus.

I worked in the USA for a year in Tucson. Never ever had a single issue even with a minor run-in with the border guys for not carrying my passport on me, as the rules say you must.

But I was a 45 plus white guy.

FKT

1 hour ago, astro said:

It's all about degree.  How different she was treated was the issue.  But it doesn't matter what excuses you trot out, or how much doubt you cast on her professionalism, it was her experience she reported and I accept what she said.

Some of the best discussions I had while working in the US were with a black homeless guy in San Fran.  Used to leave the hotel and buy a paper (Big Issue?) and have a chat.  Ended up with a stack of them all the same.  Very clever and politically aware guy.  He was campaigning about homelessness in the City.

Drunk vets in Bakersfield ... not so entertaining.

Is that all you could find to tolerate you?

57 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Maybe not everyone but probably 80% plus.

I worked in the USA for a year in Tucson. Never ever had a single issue even with a minor run-in with the border guys for not carrying my passport on me, as the rules say you must.

But I was a 45 plus white guy.

FKT

Is that 80% of EVERYONE?   

27 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Is that all you could find to tolerate you?

No, it's who I preferred to hang out with.

If I want to hang out with Rich White Cunts I'd just hang out here.

3 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

Is that 80% of EVERYONE?   

80% of the population of the USA, and I'm being generous in my assessment.

Left or Right, doesn't matter, both are racists. Different ways of expressing it but underneath it all, same shit.

I find it remarkable but unsurprising that a) an Australian Aboriginal woman could go work in the USA and get treated like a piece of shit and b) a US citizen with dark skin could come live & work in Australia only to find to his surprise that nobody treated him badly.

Says quite enough for me.

FKT

8 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

I would normally agree, but he's gone full Dennis Miller, James Woods, because its the last place he can make money.  He also tried too hard to be Hunter S Thompson, when he really wasn't even close.  He fucked up every job he's ever had.  Heroin is a Motherfucker.

You would have more difficulty attacking his commentary.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

You would have more difficulty attacking his commentary.

Maybe you're right.  Broken clock and whatnot.

TAIBBI- Trump is the perfect modern American. He’s a human consumption machine with no attention span, no self-control, no beliefs and no hobbies outside of sex, spending, eating and talking about himself. Nixon at least played the piano and read classics. He was an intellectual with a pig’s heart. Trump is just the pig part.

The distance between the two men represents how far we’ve fallen as a nation in the last 40 or 50 years. Once we were merely rotten and evil on the inside. Now we even lack the depth needed to be two-faced, and our dark underbelly is also our shameless, dumb exterior.

34 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Maybe you're right.  Broken clock and whatnot.

TAIBBI- Trump is the perfect modern American. He’s a human consumption machine with no attention span, no self-control, no beliefs and no hobbies outside of sex, spending, eating and talking about himself. Nixon at least played the piano and read classics. He was an intellectual with a pig’s heart. Trump is just the pig part.

The distance between the two men represents how far we’ve fallen as a nation in the last 40 or 50 years. Once we were merely rotten and evil on the inside. Now we even lack the depth needed to be two-faced, and our dark underbelly is also our shameless, dumb exterior.

It would seem that Tiabbi is only deranged when it's convenient.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

It would seem that Tiabbi is only deranged when it's convenient.

I guess you won't accept that he's changed in the last two years simply for money.  He's lost every job he's ever had.  For good or ill, the Dennis Miller's and Matt Taibbi's of the world can still get paid to preach to the elk. 

At least Nugent, Clint Eastwood, Rush, et al. have been consistent.

15 hours ago, Burning Man said:

The opposite actually exists.  There are rules about redlining and institutions can get in serious trouble if they do it today.  There are rules against killing black folk and there is nothing that I've read that says it's ok for a white person to kill a blaque man without receiving punishment.  The fact that some individuals and occasionally some institutions abuse their power and discriminate doesn't mean the entire industry is racist.  

The real answer is the disparities in the legal and financial system are about socioeconomics, not skin color.  If you are poor - white or black, you are less likely to be able to pay for a decent lawyer to defend yourself.  If you're poor - white or black, you're less likely to get a loan to buy a house.  If you're poor, you're more likely to come into contact with Law Enforcement and therefore end up in prison.  This is true whether you're a poor white meth addict in Arkansas or a poor black crack addict Baltimore.  

Individuals did redlining?  It wasn't systemic?  

LOL.

13 hours ago, jzk said:

EarHyL0UwAEN-qe.jpg

1 hour ago, jzk said:

He wasn't shot.  He did the shooting.  I am just putting all the information on table.  

Complains about incomplete video. 

Posts incomplete video. 

Claims it's because he wants "all" the information posted.  

Cute.

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

I guess you won't accept that he's changed in the last two years simply for money.  He's lost every job he's ever had.  For good or ill, the Dennis Miller's and Matt Taibbi's of the world can still get paid to preach to the elk. 

At least Nugent, Clint Eastwood, Rush, et al. have been consistent.

Personal shit bores me, if you care to refute his commentary I'm listening.

37 minutes ago, frenchie said:

LOL.

Complains about incomplete video. 

Posts incomplete video. 

Claims it's because he wants "all" the information posted.  

Cute.

Do you remember when I said that he pushed around some women?

Does that mean that the guy with the knife gets to chase him and yell that he is going to fucking kill him?

Can you use deadly force when a battery suspect is running away?

On 6/14/2020 at 6:58 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Certainly able to flourish on their own like owning homes and businesses as they do today and have done before.

Like an area so successful it was called the Black Wall Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma, until it was burnt out and hundreds killed.

Or may like the African American town of Rosewood, Florida.entirely destroyed and the residents driven out permanently.

In case you haven't noticed it, I think they have had enough of being fucked over and fucked over while hearing that hollow shit for decades. 

Maybe someone needs to listen this time.

tulsa-race-riot-gettyimages-615294636.jpg

Not a lot of press on why Tulsa was picked for this weekend's Republican convention.

6 minutes ago, jzk said:

Do you remember when I said that he pushed around some women?

Does that mean that the guy with the knife gets to chase him and yell that he is going to fucking kill him?

Can you use deadly force when a battery suspect is running away?

I'm just mocking your " all the information on table" pretense.

I wonder what happened before that?  In between?

See, I'm not claiming that's "all the information"; there's a couple dozen videos, not in this thread.

1 hour ago, frenchie said:
16 hours ago, Burning Man said:

LOL.

I am talking about now, not 40 or 50 years ago.  If it happens now, it IS because of an individual.  

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

40 or 50 years ago? Fuck you are dumb. 52 years ago was when the legal housing policy of redlining ended. It de facto persisted systemically for decades afterwards.

Then cite the systemic evadents of that.  

20 minutes ago, frenchie said:

I'm just mocking your " all the information on table" pretense.

I wonder what happened before that?  In between?

See, I'm not claiming that's "all the information"; there's a couple dozen videos, not in this thread.

The more information we put on the table the better.  So I helped put it up.  Keep going.

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, then, he deserved to be shot, right?

He did the shooting. The intent and premeditation is clear. Goes armed (concealed?) into a protest and starts picking on women pushing one (on video) then he throws another woman hard to the ground and runs away. When tackled he takes out his gun and sprays bullets. Calls it self defense.

He's a hero to the right for killing a kid wearing black...ANTIFA.

#Boogaloo

18 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Activists push for change. To get that they need hard hitting language.

politicians will figure out what to enact.

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

It was just an observation Dog.  Isn't that what you always say to "duck" answering questions?

Hey Grrr, JS obviously thinks the reason the Trump  event is being held in Tulsa is self evident so do you know what it is?

35 minutes ago, VhmSays said:
5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, then, he deserved to be shot, right?

He did the shooting. The intent and premeditation is clear. Goes armed (concealed?) into a protest and starts picking on women pushing one (on video) then he throws another woman hard to the ground and runs away. When tackled he takes out his gun and sprays bullets. Calls it self defense.

He's a hero to the right for killing a kid wearing black...ANTIFA.

#Boogaloo

I interpreted jzk's comment to be a reference to the link containing the statement "ANTIFA FUCKS AROUND AND FINDS OUT", as if the Antifa guy had done the pushing.

My apologies for muddying the discussion.

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Why is Trump holding his event in Tulsa?

Dog whistling. Gotta be disciplined negros or we’ll burn you out.

It's the only contender he could spell right two times out of three.

16 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Activists push for change. To get that they need hard hitting language.

politicians will figure out what to enact.

It will probably work about as well as "Burn baby burn" did BITD.  

1 minute ago, Dog said:
2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I would love to hear someone from his Admin explain that, as well as the original date of June 19.

Ask Jack S, He ducks me.

Is Jack S. in the Trump Administration?

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I doubt he is..... but he did comment on the lack of press coverage of the reason they chose Tulsa.

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, Dog said:

I doubt he is..... but he did comment on the lack of press coverage of the reason they chose Tulsa.

I made an observation about press coverage .... so ducking nothing. 

You actually appear to be the one ducking.....ducking looking in the mirror, not liking what your seeing maybe..  

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

3 years old now but big recommend.. on Netflix.

This is not partisan politically in fact Clinton is put under the blowtorch, so caters for a wide audience.

Preview

Netflix has also posted it, in its entirety, on youtube, for free:

36 minutes ago, Dog said:
41 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

And, that has fuck-all to do with my request in Post #707.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Hey Grrr, JS obviously thinks the reason the Trump  event is being held in Tulsa is self evident so do you know what it is?

Anybody got a whistle for the dog?

this ones a dumbass.