Jump to content

Black Lives Matter


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dog said:

The lives lost are predominantly black and that's what this thread's about.

I'm not sure that's exactly what Black Lives Matter is about.

It almost feels like you're trying to co-opt a movement about Systemic and Institutionalized racism and turn it into a discussion on community crime.

I'd wager others would see that as an attempt to dilute the message that Black Lives Matter is trying to spread, in order to minimize the effects of the movement.

But you wouldn't do that.  Right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the police report the statue slipped and fell into the river.

It’s crazy that BLM isn’t putting all its effort into curing sickle cell anemia. CRAZY!

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I'm not sure that's exactly what Black Lives Matter is about.

It almost feels like you're trying to co-opt a movement about Systemic and Institutionalized racism and turn it into a discussion on community crime.

I'd wager others would see that as an attempt to dilute the message that Black Lives Matter is trying to spread, in order to minimize the effects of the movement.

But you wouldn't do that.  Right?

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

Are you sure you aren't actually Mike Pence? Well done on getting all the RW talking points in one paragraph.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

Was the Boston Tea Party really just about the tea?

Link to post
Share on other sites

BLM on matter at the ballot box

 

BLACK HISTORY

The Tulsa Lynching of 1921: A Hidden Story – Democrats KKK killed over 300 Blacks on “Black Wall Street”

https://www.waynedupree.com/2012/06/the-tulsa-lynching-of-1921-a-hidden-story-democratic-kkk-killed-over-300-blacks-on-black-wall-street/?fbclid=IwAR0vjkuOxmYekDlByTpPcP3gcYQu7zU0j39FFkcG3VObou6Q3asTWz7t5IY

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

Your whole argument is premised on a false assumption: that the people who make up the Black Lives Matter are not the same people who make up the Stop the Violence movement.  Which, if you had even the slightest bit of contact with either group, you'd realize is complete bullshit.

You can still pretend to not know there's even such a thing as a Stop the Violence movement (even though there's more of those events than there are BLM events, and even though I've linked to some of the paltry coverage they get) because, well  -  why the fuck would you?  Those marches aren't through your neighbourhood, you're not invited, they're not directed at you in any way, shape, or form.  The gangbangers don't work for you.  You're completely irrelevant to that problem.  

Whereas you do hear about the Black Lives Matter movement, because that one is directed at you, because the cops do work for you.

If you think the cops treat black & brown people the same as white folks  -  all I can say is, I can tell you don't tan as dark as I do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

You lie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

BLM on matter at the ballot box

 

BLACK HISTORY

The Tulsa Lynching of 1921

You're a piece of shit.  Just like the garbage lies that you post.

Here's the truth.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/app/race-riot/timeline.html

Seriously.  Here's your source's media check.

Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

You're a piece of shit.  Just like the garbage lies that you post.

Here's the truth.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/app/race-riot/timeline.html

Seriously.  Here's your source's media check.

Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks

 

Soros.png

soross.jpg

Sorros.jpg

socialism.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You're a piece of shit.  Just like the garbage lies that you post.

Here's the truth.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/app/race-riot/timeline.html

Seriously.  Here's your source's media check.

Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Your whole argument is premised on a false assumption: that the people who make up the Black Lives Matter are not the same people who make up the Stop the Violence movement.  Which, if you had even the slightest bit of contact with either group, you'd realize is complete bullshit.

You can still pretend to not know there's even such a thing as a Stop the Violence movement (even though there's more of those events than there are BLM events, and even though I've linked to some of the paltry coverage they get) because, well  -  why the fuck would you?  Those marches aren't through your neighbourhood, you're not invited, they're not directed at you in any way, shape, or form.  The gangbangers don't work for you.  You're completely irrelevant to that problem.  

Whereas you do hear about the Black Lives Matter movement, because that one is directed at you, because the cops do work for you.

If you think the cops treat black & brown people the same as white folks  -  all I can say is, I can tell you don't tan as dark as I do.

Lester Maddox and George Wallace...do those names ring a bell or were the purged from the history book by the time you got your "education" ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You're a piece of shit.  Just like the garbage lies that you post.

Here's the truth.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/app/race-riot/timeline.html

Seriously.  Here's your source's media check.

Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks

I'm not seeing the issue with that particular post.  Unless you mean the "Democrats" bit?  But the Democrats were the bad guys, down there, back then.

Well, mostly.

Ironically, BB managed to find one of the few counter-examples!  That takes some talent.

The newspaper that set off the whole thing, had changed hands 2 years earlier; at which point it changed its name from the Tulsa Democrat to the Tulsa Tribune, and was consistently Republican.  Never endorsed a single Democrat for President, after, and didn't endorse one for Governor until 1958.

Matter of fact, in 1923, it opposed the Democrat Governor's attempts to shut down the KKK via Martial Law...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre#Newspaper_coverage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_Tribune#Tulsa_race_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_C._Walton#Governor_of_Oklahoma

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frenchie said:

I'm not seeing the issue with that particular post.  Unless you mean the "Democrats" bit?  But the Democrats were the bad guys, down there, back then.

Well, mostly.

Ironically, BB managed to find one of the few counter-examples!  That takes some talent.

The newspaper that set off the whole thing, had changed hands 2 years earlier; at which point it changed its name from the Tulsa Democrat to the Tulsa Tribune, and was consistently Republican.  Never endorsed a single Democrat for President, after, and didn't endorse one for Governor until 1958.

Matter of fact, in 1923, it opposed the Democrat Governor's attempts to shut down the KKK via Martial Law...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre#Newspaper_coverage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_Tribune#Tulsa_race_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_C._Walton#Governor_of_Oklahoma

 

It had little or nothing to do with Democrats, and little or nothing to do with the Klan, who came in later in the year.  Basically, his entire title is a lie, and the website he quoted it from is full of shit and conjecture about what happened.  As opposed to facts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Lester Maddox and George Wallace...do those names ring a bell or were the purged from the history book by the time you got your "education" ? 

Which has... what, exactly, to do with the post you quoted?  It was about BLM, not the dems & reps.

If  you'd waited a few minutes, you'd have seen that on that topic, I fully acknowledge that the soutner democrats were way worse than the republicans, back then.  Amazing how you managed to pick the one example where it was the other way round... ya fucking dumbass.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

It had little or nothing to do with Democrats, and little or nothing to do with the Klan, who came in later in the year.  Basically, his entire title is a lie, and the website he quoted it from is full of shit and conjecture about what happened.  As opposed to facts.

Hilariously enough, he/they made the accusation about the one fucking example I know of where it DID sorta fall along partisan lines... only, the OPPOSITE of what you'd expect.  That's... talent.

Are we sure BB's not a black leftie, trying to make racists and republicans look as bad as possible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Which has... what, exactly, to do with the post you quoted?  It was about BLM, not the dems & reps.

If  you'd waited a few minutes, you'd have seen that on that topic, I fully acknowledge that the soutner democrats were way worse than the republicans, back then.  Amazing how you managed to pick the one example where it was the other way round... ya fucking dumbass.

 

It seems you need to read your own posts....

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Your whole argument is premised on a false assumption: that the people who make up the Black Lives Matter are not the same people who make up the Stop the Violence movement.  Which, if you had even the slightest bit of contact with either group, you'd realize is complete bullshit.

You can still pretend to not know there's even such a thing as a Stop the Violence movement (even though there's more of those events than there are BLM events, and even though I've linked to some of the paltry coverage they get) because, well  -  why the fuck would you?  Those marches aren't through your neighbourhood, you're not invited, they're not directed at you in any way, shape, or form.  The gangbangers don't work for you.  You're completely irrelevant to that problem.  

Whereas you do hear about the Black Lives Matter movement, because that one is directed at you, because the cops do work for you.

If you think the cops treat black & brown people the same as white folks  -  all I can say is, I can tell you don't tan as dark as I do.

I'm focusing on BLM's because, well,  it's the topic of this thread and their lie is misleading and destructive. And I understand that the police treat blacks differently. Any demographic that commits crime at a higher rate than others should get more attention from law enforcement.

 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

I'm focusing on BLM's because, well,  it's the topic of this thread and their lie is misleading and destructive. And I understand that the police treat blacks differently. Any demographic that commits crime at a higher rate than others should get more attention from law enforcement.

 

Uh huh.

So, any demographic that you -think- commits more crime should get killed more by law enforcement, you mean?

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Uh huh.

So, any demographic that you -think- commits more crime should get killed more by law enforcement, you mean?

- DSK

Is that what I said?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, BravoBravo said:

8A545FA3-9E22-46B1-BDC2-33FE9D218081.jpeg

Seems that BB is unaware that white supremacists and Reichista nationalists have infiltrated US police and military forces. 

Or it could be that BB is lying. I'm betting on that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

 

Demciv.jpg

Yep, get the facts wrong but the year right.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/civil_rights/cloture_finalpassage.htm

" ... the biggest headaches for Democratic leader Mike Mansfield often came not from Republicans but from the conservative bloc of his own party caucus. The filibuster that threatened to derail the civil rights bill in 1964 was not led by the opposition party, but by an opposing faction within the majority party. "

This was when all the racists that opposed equality began to shift to the Republican Party, and this little bit of political in-fighting accelerated that trend. Want a list of all the segregationist Democrats who turned Republican?

History matters, but what happened a long time ago.... was a long time ago.

- DSK

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decades ago, the Republican Party was the more progressive of the two.  They championed civil rights.

The current iteration of the GOP is busy making sure to close polling locations in majority black areas.  Linky

Idiots like BravoBravo prefer to live in a fantasyland in which they see the world like they want it to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Decades ago, the Republican Party was the more progressive of the two.  They championed civil rights.

The current iteration of the GOP is busy making sure to close polling locations in majority black areas.  Linky

Idiots like BravoBravo prefer to live in a fantasyland in which they see the world like they want it to be.

Nope... Dems have tried to flip history and the narrative, Dems tout solutions via the government’s and Republicans via personal freedom and self determination. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Seems that BB is unaware that white supremacists and Reichista nationalists have infiltrated US police and military forces. 

Or it could be that BB is lying. I'm betting on that. 

Bogie man argument 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Nope... Dems have tried to flip history and the narrative, Dems tout solutions via the government’s and Republicans via personal freedom and self determination. 

And massive national debt and fiscal crashes just before the end of every Republican Administration.

No pointless wars this time around, but there's still time

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Decades ago, the Republican Party was the more progressive of the two.  They championed civil rights.

The current iteration of the GOP is busy making sure to close polling locations in majority black areas.  Linky

Idiots like BravoBravo prefer to live in a fantasyland in which they see the world like they want it to be.

Today the Democrats champion “progressive” which is not to be confused with progress as any observer of Democratic cities can see.

BTW...congrats on getting that defunded police department you wanted, hope you don't regret it. Decades ago a Democratic president lobbied for 100,000 new police officers not any more.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

It seems you need to read your own posts....

You're hallucinating.  There's no mention of Republicans or Democrats anywhere in the post you quoted:

4 hours ago, frenchie said:

Your whole argument is premised on a false assumption: that the people who make up the Black Lives Matter are not the same people who make up the Stop the Violence movement.  Which, if you had even the slightest bit of contact with either group, you'd realize is complete bullshit.

You can still pretend to not know there's even such a thing as a Stop the Violence movement (even though there's more of those events than there are BLM events, and even though I've linked to some of the paltry coverage they get) because, well  -  why the fuck would you?  Those marches aren't through your neighbourhood, you're not invited, they're not directed at you in any way, shape, or form.  The gangbangers don't work for you.  You're completely irrelevant to that problem.  

Whereas you do hear about the Black Lives Matter movement, because that one is directed at you, because the cops do work for you.

If you think the cops treat black & brown people the same as white folks  -  all I can say is, I can tell you don't tan as dark as I do.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dog said:

Today the Democrats champion “progressive” which is not to be confused with progress as any observer of Democratic cities can see.

BTW...congrats on getting that defunded police department you wanted, hope you don't regret it. Decades ago a Democratic president lobbied for 100,000 new police officers not any more.

 

So, you cannot refute the fact that using the Republican's ideology of decades ago as indicative of what they support, today.  Instead, you just poke at Democrats.

And, with your last statement, you demonstrate your position regarding "personal" is a steaming pile of Malarkey.  Bravo!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, you cannot refute the fact that using the Republican's ideology of decades ago as indicative of what they support, today.  Instead, you just poke at Democrats.

And, with your last statement, you demonstrate your position regarding "personal" is a steaming pile of Malarkey.  Bravo!

I think Republicans today have their issues but they still oppose slavery and support civil rights. Democrats used to support protecting their communities but now they cower when leftist radicals declare a section of a major city to be autonomous. Now they give rioters space to burn and loot and trash their communities. Democrats have sold out to the radical left including BLM and are now owned by them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dog said:

Now they give rioters space to burn and loot and trash their communities. Democrats have sold out to the radical left including BLM and are now owned by them.

Democrat leaders would never do that, would they??  Oh wait.....

Quote

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

--  A likely big city mayor (D) quote.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Democrat leaders would never do that, would they??  Oh wait.....

--  A likely big city mayor (D) quote.

Kinda like letting a bunch of goobers take over a state capital, or occupy a federal facility, and not shooting right away, but giving the goobers time to engage in a bit of puffery and then go home.

 

"But it's ok, those protestors were white." Likely @Burning Manquote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/24/oregon-wildlife-refuge-damage-photos-militia-standoff

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Ahhh, but personal freedom for whom?

All... no one is denied opportunity , it is the key to success witness the multitude of ethnicities in your lifetime coming to this country, many without speaking English and building successful lives for themselves through hard work and determination 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Kinda like letting a bunch of goobers take over a state capital, or occupy a federal facility, and not shooting right away, but giving the goobers time to engage in a bit of puffery and then go home.

Except the goobers didn't burn down the state capital or federal facility, burn all the cars in the street and loot all the businesses on the block.  It doesn't make them any less goobers, and I strongly disagree with their tactics.  But if you can't see the difference between a peaceful protest and a riot, then I can't help you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Except the goobers didn't burn down the state capital or federal facility, burn all the cars in the street and loot all the businesses on the block.  It doesn't make them any less goobers, and I strongly disagree with their tactics.  But if you can't see the difference between a peaceful protest and a riot, then I can't help you.  

imagine!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

All... no one is denied opportunity , it is the key to success witness the multitude of ethnicities in your lifetime coming to this country, many without speaking English and building successful lives for themselves through hard work and determination 

The fact that they can become successful and build a life here and STILL not speak English after living here for decades speaks volumes about the opportunities here and the amazing tolerance of this country and its people.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dog said:

 

I think Republicans today have their issues but they still oppose slavery and support civil rights. Democrats used to support protecting their communities but now they cower when leftist radicals declare a section of a major city to be autonomous. Now they give rioters space to burn and loot and trash their communities. Democrats have sold out to the radical left including BLM and are now owned by them.

Except, when they don't.

This is just the shit pulled by the President, since he took office -

Trump Administration Civil and Human Rights Rollbacks

Of course, we could talk about the GOP at the national level -

Republicans devote $20m and 50,000 people to efforts to restrict voting

Or, we could talk about state level efforts -

Polling Places in Black Communities Continue to Close Ahead of November Elections

or -

Report: More than 1600 Polling Places Have Closed Since the Supreme Court Gutted the Voting Rights Act (Most of them are in minority communities.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

Ffs Dog, you really got the bellyfeel going on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I don't have to imagine.  It's all right here in living color:

protests-riots.jpg?w=1500


WireAP_6185ce4425df4ea2afdf085ef6a04c2b_

84973098.jpg

meh. A little steam getting blown off. Better than a buncha dead folks in the streets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I don't have to imagine.  It's all right here in living color:

protests-riots.jpg?w=1500


WireAP_6185ce4425df4ea2afdf085ef6a04c2b_

84973098.jpg

This is the result of 55 years of Democratic... The Great Society... conditioning a race to believe they are being held back and “vote for me” and I’ll do something for you rather than... go out in the world with a public education and make a life for yourself WORKING!... blacks seem to be the unique example of failure 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dog said:

 

I think Republicans today have their issues but they still oppose slavery and support civil rights. Democrats used to support protecting their communities but now they cower when leftist radicals declare a section of a major city to be autonomous. Now they give rioters space to burn and loot and trash their communities. Democrats have sold out to the radical left including BLM and are now owned by them.

Huh.  Dog showing his true colors.  Guess he's getting desperate for Trump.  His posts are becoming an almost parroting of talking points.  Radical Left! BLM lies!  Oh.... And the Boston Tea Party was only about the Tea.  Right doggo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

meh. A little steam getting blown off. Better than a buncha dead folks in the streets.

True.  Because nothing says "Happy Father's Day" like these headlines.

104 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend in Chicago

Five children were among the 14 people killed, including a 3-year-old boy and 13-year-old girl killed in separate shootings in Austin on Saturday.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/6/20/21297470/chicago-fathers-day-weekend-shootings-homicide-gun-violence-june-19-22-104-shot

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FinnFish said:

I thought you guys had already sorted out Rwanda?

Speaking of Rwanda, I was having a discussion with SWMBO the other day about my focus on removing the labels and the hyphens in our society and trying to get everyone to just feel and believe they are American without having to differentiate and segregate themselves into African-'Murican, Asian-'Murican, Mexican-'Murican, etc.  She had just been to Rwanda back in early Feb for a Gorilla trek and while in Kigali, she spent at day at the Genocide museum.  She said it was an extremely powerful experience but the story of the reconciliation was also just as powerful and they emphasize that there as much as they do the atrocities that occured.  

One of her big takeaways on how they achieved decent progress in their reconciliation in such a short time was the drive to attempt to remove all references of tribe from society as a discriminator.  Obviously, tribal animus is what kicked off the genocide in the first place with the majority Hutus kicking the shit out of the Tutsis.  She was told by several there that tribal affiliations are being deemphasized and instead they attempt to get people to think of themselves as Rwandans first and "tribe" or other classifications pushed further down the pecking order of identity.  Obviously, they still have a long way to go - but given that it was only a few years ago that nearly a million people were slaughtered at the hands of their neighbors - they are making amazing progress.  In the US, it's only been what 150 years since slavery ended and 40 years since the Civil Rights Movement and people cannot let go of it.  There is an entire industry in the US devoted to promoting identity politics and the politics of victimhood.  And it will not end until we stop thinking of everyone not in your "tribe" as the enemy.  Yet that is exactly what is being promoted and stuffed down our throats.  If a next door neighbor in Rwanda can "get over" their father being hacked to death and their mother raped back in the mid 90s - I'm betting we can figure out a way to get past something that happened 150 years ago to our Great, Great Great Great Grandparents.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Speaking of Rwanda, I was having a discussion with SWMBO the other day about my focus on removing the labels and the hyphens in our society and trying to get everyone to just feel and believe they are American without having to differentiate and segregate themselves into African-'Murican, Asian-'Murican, Mexican-'Murican, etc.  She had just been to Rwanda back in early Feb for a Gorilla trek and while in Kigali, she spent at day at the Genocide museum.  She said it was an extremely powerful experience but the story of the reconciliation was also just as powerful and they emphasize that there as much as they do the atrocities that occured.  

One of her big takeaways on how they achieved decent progress in their reconciliation in such a short time was the drive to attempt to remove all references of tribe from society as a discriminator.  Obviously, tribal animus is what kicked off the genocide in the first place with the majority Hutus kicking the shit out of the Tutsis.  She was told by several there that tribal affiliations are being deemphasized and instead they attempt to get people to think of themselves as Rwandans first and "tribe" or other classifications pushed further down the pecking order of identity.  Obviously, they still have a long way to go - but given that it was only a few years ago that nearly a million people were slaughtered at the hands of their neighbors - they are making amazing progress.  In the US, it's only been what 150 years since slavery ended and 40 years since the Civil Rights Movement and people cannot let go of it.  There is an entire industry in the US devoted to promoting identity politics and the politics of victimhood.  And it will not end until we stop thinking of everyone not in your "tribe" as the enemy.  Yet that is exactly what is being promoted and stuffed down our throats.  If a next door neighbor in Rwanda can "get over" their father being hacked to death and their mother raped back in the mid 90s - I'm betting we can figure out a way to get past something that happened 150 years ago to our Great, Great Great Great Grandparents.  

You go girl. Hellofacrusade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police....

You should have stopped at the word "of"....after that it is crystal clear your understanding of what BLM is based upon and it's journey to todate you are clueless to. 

Were you in Alabama on the weekend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Nice job quoting the memes

 

SA small closed loop ...escape to infect unlikely :D

- Calling out fake claims can also help false claims sink into the collective consciousness so brain subconsciously uses that as an indication that it’s true. Trump the master at this.

- Quarter of Americans said they had shared a made-up news story.

- People are inclined to believe false news at least 20% of the time. 

Time Mag - How Your Brain Tricks You Into Believing Fake News

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you don't quote false memes, they can be easily removed.  If you quote them, they cannot be easily removed.  Certain accounts that repeatedly post false or misleading memes are monitored automatically.  Those who quote them are not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

If a next door neighbor in Rwanda can "get over" their father being hacked to death and their mother raped back in the mid 90s - I'm betting we can figure out a way to get past something that happened 150 years ago to our Great, Great Great Great Grandparents.  

Good luck with using Rawanda as guidance noting it not alone ie. Armenian Genocide etc:

Relatively short term. Civil War as an entree then ethnic majority obliterate a long term rascist powerful minority. That's obliterate as in three quarters. So your forgive ratio is 1:4 population if 100% forgive. Careful what you wish for.

Then perpetrators campaign to create an alternative "truth" with the West doing little. Then remarkably there is a national genocide denial law making that illegal. Then free speech advocates from the west try and hijack that.

So is it "denying genocide" or "denying free speech." That divisionism is still happening today 25 years later. 

The US is closer than its ever been to having that "denying rascist history or denying free speech" conversation but that is not happening with current administration in Washington.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 3:10 PM, Bus Driver said:

Of all the venues, they picked one in the precise location blacks were massacred on a massive scale.  That is either a demonstration of being completely oblivious or finger in the eye.  You can pretend it isn't what it is, but that is just you being you new dickish self.

As for the Republican Party ending slavery.  Yep.  The old incarnation of the Republican Party did that.  The new incarnation is busy closing polling stations in majority black areas.  You are one of the useful idiots who think the GOP of today is aligned with the Republican Party of the 1860s.

You have an excuse for everything don’t you... My kids try pulling that crap too.  
 

I hadn’t heard of Juneteenth till this week.  My family celebrates May 8th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, Dog said:

Yeah sure...It was a deliberate attempt to alienate black voters in the middle of a presidential campaign. If there was ill intent the wouldn't have changed the date. Fuck me...only the TDS afflicted could construe it a deliberate affront.

You aren’t kidding there...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

True.  Because nothing says "Happy Father's Day" like these headlines.

104 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend in Chicago

Five children were among the 14 people killed, including a 3-year-old boy and 13-year-old girl killed in separate shootings in Austin on Saturday.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/6/20/21297470/chicago-fathers-day-weekend-shootings-homicide-gun-violence-june-19-22-104-shot

Nobody cares about blacks being murdered every week in Chicago.  Never have. Never will.   It’s not a feel good issue - and no one has the balls to fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:
8 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Bogie man argument  - (about infiltration of US security by the radial Reich) 

From today's news here is your "Bogie-man" 

you lying fascist 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-soldier-terrorism-charge-neo-nazi_n_5ef11e83c5b6503139dbfc2a

Now the Reich is radial. Must be sponsored by Mazda. I'll have to check the Antifa website and see if they are listed as a donor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

Nobody cares about blacks being murdered every week in Chicago.  Never have. Never will.   It’s not a feel good issue - and no one has the balls to fix it.

104478397_3006832819369806_1091357985759

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

You should have stopped at the word "of"....after that it is crystal clear your understanding of what BLM is based upon and it's journey to todate you are clueless to. 

Were you in Alabama on the weekend?

No BLM march for them...

6-E4-NUANNB5-D3-VGVDUFRJWIQEHM.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

:lol: @Dog knows the black community! :lol:
 

Klannity tells me this guy who’s been on his show knows whats up, I’m going to truck him out for my morning trolls so someone will pay attention to me!

Nothing

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

You are equating the killing of blacks by the criminal element with the killing of blacks by agents of the government, suggesting that the severity of the two should be judged merely by a scorecard.  It's amazing to me that you equate the actions of cops with the actions of the criminal element in society, apparently holding them to roughly the same standard. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benwynn said:

You are equating the killing of blacks by the criminal element with the killing of blacks by agents of the government, suggesting that the severity of the two should be judged merely by a scorecard.  It's amazing to me that you equate the actions of cops with the actions of the criminal element in society, apparently holding them to roughly the same standard. 

 

BLN.jpg

Redbook.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, benwynn said:

You are equating the killing of blacks by the criminal element with the killing of blacks by agents of the government, suggesting that the severity of the two should be judged merely by a scorecard.  It's amazing to me that you equate the actions of cops with the actions of the criminal element in society, apparently holding them to roughly the same standard. 

 

@BravoBravo just responded, going on record as an idiot. (Again).   But I'd still like to get your take on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, benwynn said:
23 hours ago, Dog said:

BLM is based on a lie, there is no evidence of systemic targeting of blacks by police. The well documented effect of BLM's efforts is destructive and mostly to the black community. It compels police to be reactive (and defunded) and has lead to increased loss of black lives. It's destroys of the economic base of the community.  BLM focuses on the tiny fraction of black lives taken by police because their power comes from perceived victimhood. They ignore the elephant in the room because it doesn't serve their purposes. I'm simply pointing to the elephant. If black lives really mattered to BLM they would give some attention to the 93% of black victims that are killed by other blacks.

You are equating the killing of blacks by the criminal element with the killing of blacks by agents of the government, suggesting that the severity of the two should be judged merely by a scorecard.  It's amazing to me that you equate the actions of cops with the actions of the criminal element in society, apparently holding them to roughly the same standard.  

And Doggie Dipshit doubles down on the racism.

Link to post
Share on other sites