Need recommendations for marinas and clubs in the Charleston, SC area

I'm visiting Charleston, SC in a few weeks with an eye toward relocating there, and bringing my boat with me. The boat draws 7.5 feet and is 57 feet tall. Which marinas and yacht clubs would you all recomend? 

21 hours ago, GH41 said:

How often do you sail? Drawing 7 1/2 feet I would want to be close to the ocean. We have big tides twice a day and not a whole lot of water other than in a marked channel. 

Where I am in RI, probably like most places, we have evening races in the summer and weekend races and I'm on the boat often. I really want to be able to sail nearly year round and not have to haul out for the winter. I realize its probably too hot to sail in August but sailing on New Years Day sounds great.

I'll be down there in a week, are there any particular marinas I should check out? I'll be near Charleston City marina, and someone else recommended a marina (have to check my notes) but she said they have a 5 year wait list. 

What type of boat and how tall is your rig? City Marina has the Deepest water and most chance of getting a slip. Also check out Patriots point Marina on the other side of the harbor.  The Harboridge is another place to check out but limited by mast height (I think about 53-55ft but not positive). 

We race all year round down here ( take the month of December off) and most people keep their boats in year round. We race in August, Wednesday nights, usually some of the best racing around. You can pretty much count on a seabreeze every afternoon during the summer if there aren't any pop-up thunder storms.  As far as clubs, CORA does most of the big boat racing. Yacht club wise there is Charleston Yacht club, Carolina Yacht club and James Island. All have there own quirks and there is a price range for joining but good in their own way. 

That's great info thanks! I can google and check charts but info for guys on the ground is best. The boat is a Beneteau First 36.7, so the mast height is 55ft 9 inches above water line, but I have a 3 foot 4 inch wind transducer on top so, 59 feet. I'll check on Harboridge, I don't want to be limited by tide if possible. 

I'll check on the clubs thanks. Is racing open to non-members in most clubs? Where does the racing actually happen, I would want to find a spot nearby if I can.

Thanks again!