Purpose of these white plastic cylinders on sidestays?

They're not those aerodynamic radar reflectors? Or should people with those radar reflectors use them as shroud rollers instead, since they don't work as radar reflectors? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, upgradingdave said:

I can't seem to find the right search term in google to figure this out ... does anyone know what these white plastic cylinders attached to the sidestays are called and what purpose they serve?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z5JTGqqoyJAG44kV9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u2AEEyTXuCcEEFYv5

Thanks

We used to use golf club tubes

Nowadays I use custom cut lengths of PVC pipe, sized big enough to fit around the biggest turnbuckle & cotter rings.

FB- Doug

39 minutes ago, coolboatdog said:

Bow wow

Like doggie cone heads?  Sailors can’t lick the shrouds with tubes ?  Keeps corrosion down....

52 minutes ago, Kevlar Edge said:

Snaggs whatever, just another mouthy cunt!

Wow. The irony...

By the way, I've got no reference to the PM you've sent me. Could you please explain the $250.00 message? 

7 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:
1 hour ago, Kevlar Edge said:

Snaggs whatever, just another mouthy cunt!

Wow. The irony...

Dointe be licke that, PS hade a greate day on the watere......................                    :)

Just now, Snaggletooth said:

Dointe be licke that, PS hade a greate day on the watere......................                    :)

You certainly have been quite the saint in this exchange. 

Glad you got in a bit of "on the watere".

17 hours ago, Kevlar Edge said:

you seem to be the only one who gives a shit... fuck off asswipe

F**K!! I'm watching the Wilder/Fury fight right now on TV..... Between refreshing my phone and watching the fight I'm having a hard time keeping up with both!!!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, upgradingdave said:

I can't seem to find the right search term in google to figure this out ... does anyone know what these white plastic cylinders attached to the sidestays are called and what purpose they serve?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z5JTGqqoyJAG44kV9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u2AEEyTXuCcEEFYv5

Thanks

Did this question get answered?

2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Isn't any one else curious about what started this?

I mean, there was a time when kevlar was the bomb!

i think they disagree on some subjects... and one of them used uppers... and the other one downers...

• Like 2

I think this all started with a disagreement some years back over the verbiage of the white cylinders on the sidestays. 

Kevlar said chafe guards and Snags said chalfe gaaärdle or something like that and Petey lost his fucking mind and his edge. 

He might even find himself flicked for his shithead explosion on here. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I think this all started with a disagreement some years back over the verbiage of the white cylinders on the sidestays. 

Kevlar said chafe guards and Snags said chalfe gaaärdle or something like that and Petey lost his fucking mind and his edge. 

He might even find himself flicked for his shithead explosion on here. :blink:

Flicked? I hope not.

This could get epic!

Not a troll. He’s usually mentally stable and contributes good info....up until now. I know some members here and a few are just dorky, non sailors in real life and I let them be. I could complain about some of the guys I’ve sailed against here and let them know how I could roll them or they are cheating, BUT...this is really a first class shitfight in the gutter with one filthy wet drunk chick rolling in the urine soaked gutter and the other saying, “Come on Karen! Time to go, the bars are all closed. the manager went home. The Uber driver is here, I’ll let you sit up front this time.”

Outing someone by name is one if the 3 things to get flicked over. The other is pedophilia shit and too much scatlological conversation. 

Snaggs knows my real name from PMs and would never out others and his socks,(whichever ones they are)never abuse me.

• Like 1

On a Hinckley those white tube thingys are wood and varnished. I don't know if it's better, but it's classy.

After reading this, I'm pretty sure I never want to meet Kevlar Edge. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Isn't any one else curious about what started this?

I mean, there was a time when kevlar was the bomb!

Yeah, he was, and then that main halyard broke. And that was the end. Well except for fly tying.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Editor said:

all of his shit is deleted in this thread. i think.

cool, was just about to send you  pm requesting you flick my post ....

Post #65 still has a remnant

• Like 1
On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, SailRacer said:

Maybe put it in the radar reflector on the D2?

Sail Safe!

take the radar housing of and stuff it in there... it will dry! (pretty much the same as a microwave...)

1 minute ago, daan62 said:

take the radar housing of and stuff it in there... it will dry! (pretty much the same as a microwave...)

take a hit from the radar when you see smoke coming out...

I'd just like to say thank the lord I happened to click on this topic, who'd a known? Miss a little,  miss a lot around here! Oh'o oh BOY!

On 6/26/2020 at 11:38 AM, Kevlar Edge said:

I know where you sail and who you sail with. 

You truly are the toughest motherfucker the internet has ever seen. You need to chill dude. Have you considered trying sailing yourself?

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

He’s done an alleged 25,000 miles ocean racing over the past 40 years. Not many miles, but miles nonetheless. 

= 625 miles/year. I cant do the math, but my total must be more than that. Anybody wanna fight?  Just on the interwebs, of course.  I don't have to get surgery first, do I?

53 minutes ago, some dude said:

= 625 miles/year. I cant do the math, but my total must be more than that. Anybody wanna fight?  Just on the interwebs, of course.  I don't have to get surgery first, do I?

I do that in a month, just on river and bay...