Creekmore 7M Info? Pics

Anybody familiar with these boats? One just listed locally, I currently sail a CL16 and club race on a J30 and am looking to jump into something bigger. Also looking at a C&C 24 but this Creekmore appeals more to me, just can't find much info on them.

Anything at all is much appreciated. 

$_59.JPG

I used to race against one in NS in the early 1980s.  I remember it being very fast in light air, but harder to make go in a breeze.  Think it was built in Florida, probably a quarter ton design.

Think it was a MORC design. There were a few yards in Florida that turned out some interesting boats for that rule at the time. Harmony, Lindenberg, Soverel and Creekmore come to mind. 

Interesting to see these forgotten boats reappear periodically. Sad to see their disrepair. Probably deserving of a new life.

8 hours ago, Jeff F said:

I used to race against one in NS in the early 1980s.  I remember it being very fast in light air, but harder to make go in a breeze.  Think it was built in Florida, probably a quarter ton design.

I'm on PEI, so it may be a good for me here. All out sailing is done the harbour mostly and more often then not its fairly light air.

8 hours ago, Jeff F said:

Yes, that hull does not look like a planing shape.

FB- Doug

2 hours ago, redboat said:

Think it was a MORC design. There were a few yards in Florida that turned out some interesting boats for that rule at the time. Harmony, Lindenberg, Soverel and Creekmore come to mind. 

Interesting to see these forgotten boats reappear periodically. Sad to see their disrepair. Probably deserving of a new life.

it was an exciting time for morc in south florida. creekmore in miami, soverel in w. palm beach and lindenberg in cocoa.

7 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Creekmore 22 was built in Alabama. Later had to forgo daggerboard for keel due to change in MORC rule. Never competitive under new rule. 

So what would the one pictured be worth? Theyre asking $4,000 Cad ($2900 USD) .

I'm also looking at a C&C 24, maybe that would be  better fit ?

9 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Creekmore 22 was built in Alabama. Later had to forgo daggerboard for keel due to change in MORC rule. Never competitive under new rule. 

Wow, if I could find one of those with the daggerboard, that would be a COOL ride. Very good looking boat even if it only planes as well as a j-105 :P

And BTW I have known some Alabama rednecks that were very good sailors, and a few that were very good chess players too

FB- Doug

C&C 24 rates about 30 secs/mile slower that Creekmore.  Creekmore is a bit of bastard boat. You'd have a horrible time trying to sell it as it's truly single purpose.  C&C 24 much more all purpose and good built quality. Need to carefully check balsa core decks tho. There was a C&C 24 raced in MORC years ago in west end of Lake Erie. Young guys with a real nice sail inventory. Kicked a lot of unsuspecting MORC hotshots. 

• 9 months later...