3 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Hang on, then original topic was Texans, right?

Has this one been posted here?  It’s pretty much the creme de la creme.  You think it’s satire and then realize...

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/01/15/texan-jenna-ryan-cbs-11-hoping-pardon-arrest-riot-capitol/

Shameless, dumb, and coarse-looking...what a way to go through life-

Ryan posted a picture of her posing outside of the building in front of a broken window with a caption that read, “”Window at the capital (sic). And if the news doesn’t stop lying about us we’re going to come after their studios next.”

Jenna-Ryan-2-1.jpg?w=300

Jenna Ryan (courtesy: Twitter)

“I don’t feel a sense of shame or guilty from my heart. I feel like I was basically following my president. I was following what we were called to do. He asked us to fly there. He asked us to be there. So I was doing what he asked us to do,”

image.jpeg.25e435d643b0f676abbac315d99418c8.jpegPayPal Zaps Money Beg By Woman Arrested For Riot - Joe.My.God.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know. I do my best to respect local laws, rules, culture and mores. I'm not sure why you'd want to travel if you want every country to be Just Like Texas. They aren't. There was almost no

It depends where you are, who you hang with. Cruisers tend to clump up when we're in the same area. Many areas there's a distance between locals and cruisers. Some are better at bridging that than oth

CL I apologize I should have been more nuanced about guns. I learned to shoot from my uncle who trained as a sniper in WWII. We mostly ate what we shot...crows in the cornfield being the exceptio

Posted Images

No, no, no - gentlemen, please confine your a analysis of Jenna Ryan to her YT channel.  There’s more than enough dumbassery fodder there without having to go and get all political :-)  (But she is seeking a pardon —seriously— which verges into political territory, but is still firmly in asshole territory.)

https://m.youtube.com/user/SelfLoveU/videos

18 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

No, no, no - gentlemen, please confine your a analysis of Jenna Ryan to her YT channel.  There’s more than enough dumbassery fodder there without having to go and get all political :-)  (But she is seeking a pardon —seriously— which verges into political territory, but is still firmly in asshole territory.)

Been extensively covered over in PA.

Trump is history, she didn't get her pardon and her life going forward is going to be considerably harder.

Actions have consequences.

FKT

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Well mine wasn't a political observation. Houston and DFW had more than their share of brash, trashy and rough-looking women like her back when I was young and single there. One of the reasons I got the Hell out.

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Been extensively covered over in PA.

Trump is history, she didn't get her pardon and her life going forward is going to be considerably harder.

Actions have consequences.

FKT

Well, many here righty don’t go near the cesspool that is PA.  (It is good for comic relief.). Technically, the other guy won - except for all the secretly orchestrated trickery on a mass scale (and turncoats who certified the trickery on Jan 6).  So, her pardon may yet come.

Think of the so-called loser as running an important government-in-exile from his Florida Palace Golf Resort, like am exiled Roman Emperor —or much like the DalaI Lama’s gov’t-in-exile in northern India since the Chinese invasion of Tibet back in 1950.  You need strong moral authority to run such an operation.

Moving on... :-)

2 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Think of the so-called loser as running an important government-in-exile from his Florida Palace Golf Resort, like am exiled Roman Emperor

He may have some difficulties there too - apparently the consent for the club precluded him from using it as a private residence.

Amusement to me half a world away. Glad we don't share a common border though.

FKT

21 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

He may have some difficulties there too - apparently the consent for the club precluded him from using it as a private residence.

Amusement to me half a world away. Glad we don't share a common border though.

FKT

Lawyers - probably the most litigious society in the world (a fact recognized by the 18th c. French astute observer of US society and politics, de Tocqueville). Browbeat with legal filings, a classic dumbass tactic.

You talk as if you live on an island.  Oh wait... :-)

Just now, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Lawyers - probably the most litigious society in the world (a fact recognized by the 18th c. French astute observer of US society and politics, de Tocqueville). Browbeat with legal filings, a classic dumbass tactic.

Hey, I can move to one of my other moorings. Then I'm living off an island, off an island, off an island... which we did when the covid blowup first happened.

FKT

57 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Hey, I can move to one of my other moorings. Then I'm living off an island, off an island, off an island... which we did when the covid blowup first happened.

FKT

Oh shit.  I meant to reply to the Gramsci quote above, “late stage capitalism”.  Well, better late than never.

2 hours ago, robtoujours said:

The crisis consists precisely in the fact that the old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear. (Gramsci)

Late stage capitalism?

1 hour ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Legal machinations and politics are the moderate means of resolving issues.  It's when the dumassi become activist that things get unglued.  

For all her videos about coping with narcissism ....the mind boggles. 

9 minutes ago, Elegua said:

For all her videos about coping with narcissism ....the mind boggles. 

It's an old pattern: people often don't use their skills to fix themselves.

So plenty of engineers live in crumbly houses and drive badly maintained cars.  Lots of doctors drink like fishes.  Plenty of psychiatrists are bonkers.  Plenty of accountants mismanage their own money.

I am charitably assuming that Ms Realtor-Rioter actually has some qualifications in psychology and/or psychotherapy ... but that assumption should probably be carefully checked.

3 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

So plenty of engineers live in crumbly houses and drive badly maintained cars.  Lots of doctors drink like fishes.  Plenty of psychiatrists are bonkers.  Plenty of accountants mismanage their own money.

I am charitably assuming that Ms Realtor-Rioter actually has some qualifications in psychology and/or psychotherapy ... but that assumption should probably be carefully checked.

Are my methods unsound?

I don't see any method at all, sir.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Elegua said:

It's when the dumbassi become activist that things get unglued.  

Speaking of the dumbassi, I always enjoyed this guy, from back in 2017.  He became a minor celebrity (with. YT channel) after Trump invited him up on stage at one his crazy rallies.  Later, interviewed on TV, he reveals that he has a lifesize cardboard cut out of Trump at home that he salutes daily.  (This should’ve set off alarm bells in the FBI, etc. at the time :-) :-) )

26 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Speaking of the dumbassi, I always enjoyed this guy, from back in 2017.  He became a minor celebrity (with. YT channel) after Trump invited him up on stage at one his crazy rallies.  Later, interviewed on TV, he reveals that he has a lifesize cardboard cut out of Trump that he salutes daily.  (This should’ve set off alarm bells in the FBI, etc. at the time :-) :-) )

I've lived OUS for a significant portion of my life. From what I've observed, around 20-30% of the population in each place I've lived have held extreme or severely unbalanced world views that were detrimental to themselves and others. Many were in positions of power, elected or otherwise. Some had blood on their hands.  They came from every possible point of the political spectrum.

Humans are dumbassi by nature and it take a lot of work to socialize them not to be.  It's easy to laugh at this guy, but you're kidding yourself if he isn't closer to home than you might guess. 

2 minutes ago, Elegua said:

I've lived OUS for a significant portion of my life. From what I've observed, around 20-30% of the population in each place I've lived have held extreme or severely unbalanced world views that were detrimental to themselves and others. Many were in positions of power, elected or otherwise. Some had blood on their hands.  They came from every possible point of the political spectrum. Humans are dumbassi by nature and it take a lot of work to socialize them not to be.  

Yes. Those famous quotes by Thomas Hobbes. 

“No arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.”

And, “The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.”

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Elegua said:

I've lived OUS for a significant portion of my life. From what I've observed, around 20-30% of the population in each place I've lived have held extreme or severely unbalanced world views that were detrimental to themselves and others. Many were in positions of power, elected or otherwise. Some had blood on their hands.  They came from every possible point of the political spectrum.
They came from every possible point of the political spectrum. Humans are dumbassi by nature and it take a lot of work to socialize them not to be.  

I broadly agree with that, tho the percentages can vary a lot between different societies, and some societies actively foster loopy worldviews.

And a very few societies allow these loopers to carry portable killing machines and use them in perceived self-defence.

19 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

“No arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.”

And, “The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.”

Yeah but he was wrong else we'd never have built complex technological societies.

Mind you I'm taking no bets on the long-term stability of such...

FKT

25 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I broadly agree with that, tho the percentages can vary a lot between different societies, and some societies actively foster loopy worldviews.

And a very few societies allow these loopers to carry portable killing machines and use them in perceived self-defence.

Yeah, no....It depends if you care if portable killing machines are state sanctioned or not.

Based on your online persona, I find you a hysterical, hypocrite who is often wrong, but seldom in doubt and has the perspective of a frog at the bottom of a well trying to describe the world and no ability to be told otherwise.  

So fuck off.  There's no sense in discourse with someone who already knows everything. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Yeah, no....It depends if you care if portable killing machines are state sanctioned or not.

Based on your online persona, I find you a hysterical, hypocrite who is often wrong, but seldom in doubt and has the perspective of a frog at the bottom of a well trying to describe the world and no ability to be told otherwise.  

I presume that's a reference to the fact that we had an armed conflict in part of Ireland for a few decades, so a few facts for your info.

Even at the peak of the troubles, the number of guns per person was tiny compared with the USA.  That's why the state-sanctioned bit matters: much fewer guns. When the conflict was over,the guns were put beyond use, so the number of guns is now very small.  By contrast, the USA has more guns than people.

This is all matters, because in the thirty years of the 1969-98 Troubles in Northern Ireland, the rate of killings per head of population exceeded the rate in the USA for only a few years in the early 1970s.  In other words, Ireland's darkest period was America's normal.  State-sanctioned guns leads to a lot of dead bodies.

Former US Senator George Mitchell did magnificent work in helping people in Northern Ireland start talking and listening, and destroying the guns.  Some day, I hope that someone will for Murica what Mitchell did for Norniron.

Anyway, so much for dialogue. If you think you can just tell people things rather exchange perspectives, you'll find yourself flouncing out of a lot of conversations, hurling insults as you did here. I'll just take that as a measure of how the USA currently seems to consist of a lot of scared and angry people shouting past each other and not listening to different perspectives,.

55 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I presume that's a reference to the fact that we had an armed conflict in part of Ireland for a few decades, so a few facts for your info.

Even at the peak of the troubles, the number of guns per person was tiny compared with the USA.  That's why the state-sanctioned bit matters: much fewer guns. When the conflict was over,the guns were put beyond use, so the number of guns is now very small.  By contrast, the USA has more guns than people.

This is all matters, because in the thirty years of the 1969-98 Troubles in Northern Ireland, the rate of killings per head of population exceeded the rate in the USA for only a few years in the early 1970s.  In other words, Ireland's darkest period was America's normal.  State-sanctioned guns leads to a lot of dead bodies.

Former US Senator George Mitchell did magnificent work in helping people in Northern Ireland start talking and listening, and destroying the guns.  Some day, I hope that someone will for Murica what Mitchell did for Norniron.

Anyway, so much for dialogue. If you think you can just tell people things rather exchange perspectives, you'll find yourself flouncing out of a lot of conversations, hurling insults as you did here. I'll just take that as a measure of how the USA currently seems to consist of a lot of scared and angry people shouting past each other and not listening to different perspectives,.

No. Lord, you’re ignorant and blind. There is a world outside of Ireland and the US to which I was referring, but that wouldn’t quite fit the axe you have to grind. 

From batteries to politics to rivers on the Chesapeake, you are the Cliff Clavin of CA. 

7 minutes ago, Elegua said:

From batteries to politics to rivers on the Chesapeake, you are the Cliff Clavin of CA.

More like Mikey, methinks.

FKT

9 minutes ago, Elegua said:

No. Lord, you’re ignorant and blind. There is a world outside of Ireland and the US to which I was referring, but that wouldn’t quite fit the axe you have to grind. 

So in two replies, you offer nothing but insult and abuse.

Is that how you conduct yourself in real life?

Just now, TwoLegged said:

So in two replies, you offer nothing but insult and abuse.

Is that how you conduct yourself in real life?

People who I’d have as friends don’t behave like you. If you conduct yourself in real life as you do here, life must be hard indeed. 

1 minute ago, Elegua said:

People who I’d have as friends don’t behave like you. If you conduct yourself in real life as you do here, life must be hard indeed.

My life is fine thanks.  I just avoid that small minority of people like you whose response to reasoned disagreement is to hurl insult and personal abuse.

2 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

My life is fine thanks.  I just avoid that small minority of people like you whose response to reasoned disagreement is to hurl insult and personal abuse.

Yet here you are.  Good day! 

14 minutes ago, Elegua said:
24 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Yet here you are.  Good day! 

Yes, I am here ... because like most places, most people here are fine, and some lovely are lovely.  The people who hurl insult and personal abuse are in a small minority.   And the few raging bulls are not people I'd have to meet face-to-face, just keyboard ogres who I can put in ignore whenever i choose.

Have a lovely day.

12 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Bonkers you say?? 

NGlXxO9uRjRi1XdLqpzE-AoGEJqe_7dAvDuvMxI17Eg.jpg.ddf8f9f8f8c995b4eedcf0f8be6ba210.jpg

Surely not! 

(I actually knew an American psychologist quite well who made Dr. Jacoby look positively strait-laced in comparison.. so yeah) 

13 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

We could use Hobbes on PA to brighten up our days. The Hobbesian-lites (you know who they are) we have just don't measure up.

Canadian rich dude with young actor girl friend goes all american dumb ass right here at home! They fly to Yukon in private plane, scoot out to remote border town, bamboozle the locals into giving them the shots.  but someone catches on and points the light...he is now NOT the CEO of some company.  way to go you selfish dumb ass.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/great-canadian-gaming-ceo-yukon-covid-vaccines-1.5886734

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, chester said:

Canadian rich dude with young actor girl friend goes all american dumb ass right here at home! They fly to Yukon in private plane, scoot out to remote border town, bamboozle the locals into giving them the shots.  but someone catches on and points the light...he is now NOT the CEO of some company.  way to go you selfish dumb ass.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/great-canadian-gaming-ceo-yukon-covid-vaccines-1.5886734

Selfish assholes who do stuff like this and get caught are definitely dumbasses. Selfish assholes who don't get caught are entitled pricks who are either smart or lucky.

16 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

I'm an engineer, and that statement runs far, far counter to my experience. The engineers I know, almost uniformly, are obsessive about maintenance. Our homes, cars and boats. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I'm an engineer, and that statement runs far, far counter to my experience. The engineers I know, almost uniformly, are obsessive about maintenance. Our homes, cars and boats. 

On the other hand, let’s not talk about doctors bodies....

4 hours ago, olaf hart said:

On the other hand, let’s not talk about doctors bodies....

My wife is in good shape, she can still wear clothes from when we started dating at age 21.

However, I used to see a GP who outweighed me by 100 lbs or more, easy. He never once nagged me about losing weight, though his fingers were perhaps larger than I might have preferred.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, olaf hart said:

Yep, just like an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor...

Now, *that* would be difficult when I think of some of them that went south...

FKT

On 1/25/2021 at 1:20 PM, robtoujours said:

The crisis consists precisely in the fact that the old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear. (Gramsci)

And a new variety of morbid symptoms has arisen, like pus in a festering boil that no one dares to pop.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88akpx/qanon-thinks-trump-will-become-president-again-on-march-4

10 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

We could use Hobbes on PA to brighten up our days. The Hobbesian-lites (you know who they are) we have just don't measure up.

Calvin-and-Hobbes.jpg

I'm good with that. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I wonder if they will be given the second shot?

Nope. BC officials say they have to wait for their shots until June or July like the rest of us. Well past the time window for getting a 2nd shot.

They're probably the most-hated couple in BC (Canada?) right now.

11 hours ago, chester said:

Canadian rich dude with young actor girl friend

Wife - but it's "aspiring actress". The age gap looks like me and my daughter. He's 52 and she is 32 (cough cough)

rod-and-ekaterina-baker.jpg

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

My wife is in good shape, she can still wear clothes from when we started dating at age 21.

Do socks count?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Zonker said:

They're probably the most-hated couple in BC (Canada?) right now.

I probably should not speak for the whole country but I will - Canada. I wonder if she will think he is so desirable once the money dries up.

7 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I probably should not speak for the whole country but I will - Canada. I wonder if she will think he is so desirable once the money dries up.

If he has nothing in the bank, he's even dimmer than he looks here. 

dumb-assery knows no borders, we have lots of 'em too...  Yes, she may have a hard time getting past "aspiring" and he's fucked.  What a pair of knobs.

watch out FKT and Olaf.... they are heading your way!!!!!!

Their forward plans are towards the end... after the dodgy travel  advice.... west across the Bight during the equinoctial gales will be' interesting'

16 minutes ago, Cisco said:

watch out FKT and Olaf.... they are heading your way!!!!!!

Their forward plans are towards the end... after the dodgy travel  advice.... west across the Bight during the equinoctial gales will be' interesting'

Fuck them, they'll never find me.

FKT

Yep, they are definitely heading the wrong way round...

Don't seem to have heard about state border closures either..

with any luck they haven’t heard of Tasmania...

On 1/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

And a new variety of morbid symptoms has arisen, like pus in a festering boil that no one dares to pop.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88akpx/qanon-thinks-trump-will-become-president-again-on-march-4

A maximum fine of $500 and six months in jail.  Fines for things like this should be scalable to last years income - apparently he made $10,000,000 last year. 

17 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

A maximum fine of $500 and six months in jail.  Fines for things like this should be scalable to last years income - apparently he made $10,000,000 last year. 

In the UK, John Major's govt in the early 1990s introduced a system like that in England and Wales.  The courts imposed a fine of say "level 5", and then income data was used to assess how much that meant in ££££.

They beat a hasty retreat when their middle-class voters went apeshit at fines that hurt them as much as the fines hurt poor people.

On January 25, 2021 at 8:00 PM, TwoLegged said:

I guess I'm a looper. We shoot at least once, frequently twice a week. With my wife and I it's pistols, her .380, my .45. At pistol distances, 30-50 ft, she can pierce your ears without mussing your hair. Sexy as hell I tell ya.

With my son it's rifles. We each have AR-15s, plus he collects vintage military gear, primarily Eastern European WW2. It's a lot of fun. Family time, if you will. 

WTF is "perceived self-defense"?

2 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I guess I'm a looper. We shoot at least once, frequently twice a week. With my wife and I it's pistols, her .380, my .45. At pistol distances, 30-50 ft, she can pierce your ears without mussing your hair. Sexy as hell I tell ya.

With my son it's rifles. We each have AR-15s, plus he collects vintage military gear, primarily Eastern European WW2. It's a lot of fun. Family time, if you will. 

Got to remember that in her mind, car bombs are just legitimate attempts to recover territory and targeted assassinations by any means are another acceptable method of furthering political objectives. But personal possession of as much as an air rifle is beyond the pale.

I've owned & used long guns for 53 years of my life but funnily enough not one of them has ever been even pointed at another human being let alone killed anyone. Perhaps those killing machines are defective.

FKT

6 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

An AR-15 is a military-grade weapon whose prime purpose is killing people.  If that's your idea of family fun, I am glad that our families are unconnected. 

9 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

The notion that carrying guns keeps people safer.  In reality, it just increases the overall danger level.

13 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Got to remember that in her mind, car bombs are just legitimate attempts to recover territory and targeted assassinations by any means are another acceptable method of furthering political objectives.

That is not my view, and I have not expressed any such view. That is pure, fabricated defamation.  It is a malicious falsehood designed to smear.

I don't know what's wrong with you FKT, but your head must be in some pretty sick place if you think it's appropriate to engage in such a smear campaign.  If I used my real name here, I would sue you and win. 

13 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I've owned & used long guns for 53 years of my life but funnily enough not one of them has ever been even pointed at another human being let alone killed anyone. Perhaps those killing machines are defective.

A gun is designed as a killing machine, and it remains a killing machine even if it's not used for that prime purpose ... just as a chisel remains a woodworking tool even if its only used to stir the tea.

I suppose we should feel some minor relief that your unresolved personal issues are expressed as character assassination rather actual assassination with your war toys.

19 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

That is not my view, and I have not expressed any such view. That is pure, fabricated defamation.  It is a malicious falsehood designed to smear.

My understanding of common law is far from exact, but...

One of the tests of libel/defamation is that it reduces the opinion held of the plaintiff in the eyes of the plaintiff's associates and friends. Is it not? In the case of a Village Idiot Plaintiff, I think it can often be difficult to prove that such a reduction in reputation has actually occurred or is indeed possible.

15 minutes ago, olaf hart said:

So, it’s OK to accuse FKT of physically abusing women, but it’s not OK for him to accuse you of supporting the troubles, how does that work?

Not true, Olaf. I did not accuse FKT of physically abusing women. 

I stated that I would avoid him, because in my experience men who shout down and smear people who disagree with them are at high risk of getting violent.

I have no way of knowing whether FKT is one of those whose abusive aggression stops short of physical violence, so I would not take any chances.

2 hours ago, olaf hart said:

So, it’s OK to accuse FKT of physically abusing women, but it’s not OK for him to accuse you of supporting the troubles, how does that work?

Exactly.

If you want to get down in the gutter and accuse me of being/doing things that I've stated categorically that I've never done, and also attribute to me views I've said I don't hold, then double down when asked to provide quotes instead of withdrawing, don't bitch & whine when you get what you give.

In point of fact I regard being accused as a person who would assault women just as cowardly and just as defamatory as I would were I accused of being one of those p-words. It's fortunate that the rules don't cover such or I would most certainly have reported that particular accusation to the moderators.

I have now made my point and am dropping it. But I predict that TL won't. Never mind - some people just *have* to have the last word.

FKT

Edited by Fah Kiew Tu
Further thoughts
2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Exactly.

If you want to get down in the gutter and accuse me of being/doing things that I've stated categorically that I've never done, and also attribute to me views I've said I don't hold, then double down when asked to provide quotes instead of withdrawing, don't bitch & whine when you get what you give.

In point of fact I regard being accused as a person who would assault women just as cowardly and just as defamatory as I would were I accused of being one of those p-words. It's fortunate that the rules don't cover such or I would most certainly have reported that particular accusation to the moderators.

FKT continues his habitual mendacity.  He misrepresents my risk assessment as a statement of fact.

I did not accuse FKT of physically abusing women.  I did not accuse FKT of holding views he does not hold.

I did state that I would avoid him in real life, because in my experience men who shout down and smear people who disagree with them are a high risk of getting violent.  I note his denial, but that does not alter my risk assessment, because in my experience men who engage in violent response to disagreement usually deny their violence.  (I have direct experience of several such men, either ads their target or as a witness).

I have no way of knowing whether FKT is one of those whose abusive aggression stops short of physical violence, so I would not take any chances.

FKT could have responded to my assessment by desisting from his campaign of abuse, insult and aggression.  Instead he has responded with an outright lie, which he acknowledges he has no basis whatsoever.  In my experience, such mendacity is also a significant indicator of risk, so it strengthens my assessment.

6 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

An AR-15 is a military-grade weapon whose prime purpose is killing people.  If that's your idea of family fun, I am glad that our families are unconnected. 

The notion that carrying guns keeps people safer.  In reality, it just increases the overall danger level.

Shooting other people is a problem but perhaps only the tip of the iceberg:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50292935

tl:dr?  Access to handguns massively increases the suicide rate among young men, in particular, most of whom don't necessarily want to succeed in killing themselves.

Cheers,

W.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Ánd just like that, my family is off your Christmas card list. B)

You have no idea what AR 15's and similar are really useful for in the rural southwest. We get a lot of that. People from away who know nothing of our lives here, but feel free to judge.

Its like New Yawkers who go to Maine and insist on giving life advice to people who are happier than themselves. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Ánd just like that, my family is off your Christmas card list. B)

You have no idea what AR 15's and similar are really useful for in the rural southwest. We get a lot of that. People from away who know nothing of our lives here, but feel free to judge.

Its like New Yawkers who go to Maine and insist on giving life advice to people who are happier than themselves. 

Or anyone not from south Texas living thousands of mows away that claims to know more about the need, or not, for a border wall.  Meanwhile they have huge fences around their homes. 

Great for sending wild hogs to their maker. 

20 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Feel free to tell us all what exactly is going on in Texas that you reckon you need military-grade semi-automatic assault rifles.

Invading Canada again would be long walk from Texas.  Are you re-starting the civil war?   Do tell.

9 minutes ago, Keith said:

Ah yes, Americanos and another justify my gun nuttiness thread.

It’s not nutty.  It’s a goddamn god-given eternal right.

And, anyway, the basic arms control principle of M.A.D., to ensure parity, logically implies that everyone should be armed.  It’s pretty simple actually.

3 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

And, anyway, the basic arms control principle of M.A.D., to ensure parity, logically implies that everyone should be armed.  It’s pretty simple actually.

I'm armed to the teeth. Here's my deer gun.

gfrap22ktc_angle.20210125104704.png?w=80

I think the noise scares them, they hardly notice the little airsoft pellets. This is not going to put food on the table, unless it's something the deer were going to eat if they got there first. 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I think the noise scares them, they hardly notice the little airsoft pellets. This is not going to put food on the table, unless it's something the deer were going to eat if they got there first. 

Just make a redneck salt lick.  I’m told it’s quite effective.

4 hours ago, Keith said:

CL likes his guns but from previous comments in other threads I don't think he fits into the nuttiness end of gun owners. I believe he and his family use them under appropriately controlled circumstances and take appropriate cautions in storage and travel arrangements. (But I could be wrong).

I'm not a fan of guns and don’t own any. But I’ve used plenty. I grew up in a family with a lot of firearms used either in competition or hunting and properly respected. Not all gun owners are nuts. Unfortunately lots of nuts are gun owners.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

37 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

We don't get a lot of rednecks here. Can I use an Albertan instead?

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

We don't get a lot of rednecks here. Can I use an Albertan instead?

You’d have to rinse the bitumen off them before they’d be much good as a salt lick.

8 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Feel free to tell us all what exactly is going on in Texas that you reckon you need military-grade semi-automatic assault rifles.

Invading Canada again would be long walk from Texas.  Are you re-starting the civil war?   Do tell.

Where's the fun in that? Show us how smart you are, you tell me why it makes sense for me to comfortable with firearms. I'm in west Texas, and a CEO in the oil business. 

For bonus points, tell why my son, a very liberal, even left wing, Democrat, has more guns than me.

8 hours ago, Keith said:

8 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I don't believe that I've ever insulted either of you. If I have, I apologize. 

But neither of you actually know a thing about me, or the lives we lead.  

Most of our shooting is at a rather luxurious indoor range, including an indoor 100m rifle range, with one of the nicest restaurants in our town, owned by some very, very wealthy friends of ours. We see friends and business associates there frequently. In the retail section you can buy custom engraved Beretta's or matched his and hers Purdy's. There is a gunsmith on site. 

At home the guns are all kept in a modern gun safe. We do not carry in our cars or on our persons under normal circumstances, except going to or from the range. There has never been, and never will be, a loaded gun in our home. That would be idiotic, IMO.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Where's the fun in that? Show us how smart you are, you tell me why it makes sense for me to comfortable with firearms. I'm in west Texas, and a CEO in the oil business. 

For bonus points, tell why my son, a very liberal, even left wing, Democrat, has more guns than me.

I don't believe that I've ever insulted either of you. If I have, I apologize. 

But neither of you actually know a thing about me, or the lives we lead.  

Most of our shooting is at a rather luxurious indoor range, including an indoor 100m rifle range, with one of the nicest restaurants in our town, owned by some very, very wealthy friends of ours. We see friends and business associates there frequently. In the retail section you can buy custom engraved Beretta's or matched his and hers Purdy's. There is a gunsmith on site. 

At home the guns are all kept in a modern gun safe. We do not carry in our cars or on our persons under normal circumstances, except going to or from the range. There has never been, and never will be, a loaded gun in our home. That would be idiotic, IMO.

Dude, my post was totally tongue-in-cheek.  I’ve zero interest in guns, but have always been fascinated and appalled how it’s a quasi-religion in the U.S. (since perhaps the 1980s?). (I grew up in D.C. so have watched it pretty close up - actually quite glad not to be in a gun culture now - just not my thing - but it is what it is).  I certainly don’t paint gun owners all alike, especially hunters. I actually anchor cliches and stereotypes.

3 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

No, I have a strong aversion to the practice of imputing a motive on the basis of near-zero evidence.

If you want to expand on your vague wave towards a reason, then feel to do so.  I if you prefer, dont expand.  Your call.
But I am not going to pretend that I know what's inside your head or your son's.

30 minutes ago, KC375 said:

You’d have to rinse the bitumen off them before they’d be much good as a salt lick.

I was thinking of just rolling them in road salt, the bitumen would help it stick. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Dude, my post was totally tongue-in-cheek.  I’ve zero interest in guns, but have always been fascinated and appalled how it’s a quasi-religion in the U.S. (since perhaps the 1980s?). (I grew up in D.C. so have watched it pretty close up - actually quite glad not to be in a gun culture now - just not my thing - but it is what it is).  I certainly don’t paint gun owners all alike, especially hunters. I actually anchor cliches and stereotypes.

How about this shit just goes to PA where it belongs?

I've owned guns since I was 15 years old, still do. They're working guns, mostly rifles, for pest control. Pretty much every rural property owner in Australia does. It's not any sort of thing, it just is. Same as owning chain saws or whatever.

And mine stay in a Police approved and inspected firearms safe, with all ammo stored separately in a different safe.

People who live in the cities or in countries where their ancestors completely fucked the natural environment for centuries past have a different attitude. That's fine, I don't care. I have a lot of British-introduced feral animals competing with my native wildlife and I'd rather they didn't.

FKT

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

No, I have a strong aversion to the practice of imputing a motive on the basis of near-zero evidence.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh jeezus, your killing me here! 

26 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:
1 hour ago, TwoLegged said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh jeezus, your killing me here! 

You're projecting.

18 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Self-reflection really isn't her strong suit, is it?

It's no surprise to see that comment coming from FKT, whose modus operandi is to attack, bully, smear, try to silence and outright lie ... and then act injured innocence when a risk assessment is made of that conduct.

It's all archetypal conduct, and the latest comment fits the pattern.

Sorry, C.L. my apoligies.

But my comment was simply about the never-ending out of control deadly gun culture in the USA, not about you.