Northern Winter Circuit Aust - what is running?

So with the Victorian lock down there will be less superanuants going to Spring Break, so what is left?

So Airlie is a go at this stage.

Hammo, maybe a go

RQYS Manly to Hammo Race - canned for lack of entries (sad that your own club fleet who have no interest in it.)

RQYS Manly to Keppel (aka The Rumble in Rocky Race) looks like on but a few featured fighters yet to make the weigh in. (Big city lawyers already engaged I hear)

Magnetic Race week is a goer.

Any advances on that!

Yep No announcement about the B2HI race being cancelled of course. They have just tipped the few Hammo race entries into the Keppel fleet on the website. I guess they hope no one will notice. This is what happens when your customers aren't buying what you want to sell. I predicted the race would fail after 2 editions. I was wrong.It only lasted one. I am not one to say I told you so, BUT I FUCKING TOLD THEM SO! Bwahahahahahaha.

I am not surprised that they are trying to keep this quiet, coming as it does in the same week that they have reported the greatest lose in its 136 year history. (yes that 136 years includes 2 world wars, the great depression, several deep recessions and the Spanish Flu.)

Despite having to cancel one race due to having only 4 entries and their other 'Signature race' and having the smallest number of entries in its 13 year history they are still turning away entries, and despite the $265K lose, they are paying lawyers to write letters to entrants to tell them they can't play.

I will be interested to hear the sponsors thoughts on all this.

9 minutes ago, DtM said:

Why will no Victorians stop HIRW?

Check out the nos. of entries.

Qld border pass only valid for 7 days anyway for non residents

Besides likely to be a Queensland and Tasmanian only regatta by August

On 7/11/2020 at 9:57 AM, LB 15 said:

Despite having to cancel one race due to having only 4 entries and their other 'Signature race' and having the smallest number of entries in its 13 year history they are still turning away entries, and despite the $265K lose, they are paying lawyers to write letters to entrants to tell them they can't play.

I will be interested to hear the sponsors thoughts on all this.

Have you tried to enter your BH41 and Shaggy his Pogo?

10 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Have you tried to enter your BH41 and Shaggy his Pogo?

Yep - my entry was rejected as are two other competitors. I could not be fucked arguing  with the clowns anymore but another competitor is going to take their rejection all the way. Watch and enjoy. 

11 hours ago, lydia said:

Looks like the Rumble in Rocky is down to a locals only race and almost all from the host club.

That’s ok they are quite happy beating up each other as the video clearly demonstrates. 

59 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yep - my entry was rejected as are two other competitors. I could not be fucked arguing  with the clowns anymore but another competitor is going to take their rejection all the way. Watch and enjoy. 

You don't happen to have any aboriginal blood in you? Then out could complain about RQYS on Current Affair. You wouldn't be the first totally white  aboriginal on that show.

Keppel looks like a great race for the 40’  fleet. I’m pumped. 

RP42

FARR 40

3 x Bene 1st 40’s

Bene 40.7 

Cookson 12

& an X41 to add a touch of class to the Roslyn Bay.  

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Shaggy should enter as they have his photo in the Notice of Race

image.png.19dec47d675d9e8ee34b58f737d926da.png

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Is LB in the photo?

That would be so funny if he is there.

No that was last year. Before they sort redress from the race committee for the OA punting the most storied navigator in the events history. Even if I do say so myself.

YCMTSU.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

No that was last year. Before they sort redress from the race committee for the OA punting the most storied navigator in the events history. Even if I do say so myself.

YCMTSU.

I heard the real reason that you got punted was the over abundance of pickle dishes you had won for PHS Division 2 

14 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Why was the BH41 rejected?

Hmmmm, never play the sport again!

Would not have happened in Australian Sailing ran that sport!

"An OzTag player who punched a woman on the other team in the jaw will never play the sport again

Sosefina Fiu Kevi-Taala Logo Efeso was part of an OzTag tournament in North Lakes in October last year.

After a heated game there was a verbal altercation between the teams as they left the field and Ms Fiu Kevi-Taala Logo Efeso, 24, punched an opposing player in the jaw.

The court heard the 22-year-old victim had to be taken to Redcliffe hospital where she spent the night before getting a CAT scan.

She was in pain for days after the attack and struggled to eat hard foods.

Police interviewed Ms Fiu Kevi-Taala Logo Efeso on April 17 this year where she admitted there had been an altercation between the teams and she “maybe hit a girl”.

The court heard she had made full admissions to the tournament organiser who had then banned her from ever taking part in the game again.

She has since apologised to the victim.

Magistrate Melanie Ho told Ms Fiu Kevi-Taala Logo Efeso she was lucky the woman had not suffered more serious injuries.

“You have heard the campaign, one punch can kill,” she said.

“You wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of a punch to the jaw would you?”

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Ok then the third most storied navigator then.

As the third most storied navigator, you should do the race on Sailonline. They were going to do the B2H with a TP52, but I think they will switch to the B2K. 

RQYS can’t reject that entry.

Great news the Brisbane to Hamilton Island race is on again!

APPENDIX C
BRISBANE TO HAMILTON ISLAND RACE (B2HI)

C1 GENERAL C6

C1.1 This Appendix applies to those boats who C6.1 inttend to continue racing to Hamilton

PROTESTS and DECLARATIONS

See SI 16 and 18.

Island after finishing the B2K race.

C2 CHARTS

C2.1 The following current or fully amended paper charts shall be carried on board:

AUS 820, AUS 490, AUS 823, AUS 824, AUS 821, AUS 367 & AUS 254.

C3 COURSE

C7 AIRGRAFT MOVEMENTS (applies at all times racing or not)

C7.1 During aircraft movements, boats shall keep clear of the designated Dent Passage Aircraft Flight Path Zone as shown on Maritime Safety Queensland Notice to Mariners 977(Permanent) of 2010 and the height restrictions from the end of the runway.

C4 FINISHING LINE

1. C4.1  The finishing line will be in Dent Passage and will be between the Starboard lateral beacon at the entrance to Hamilton Island Marina and the Red Aero Beacon on Dent Island on a bearing of 263 degrees with the line starting at 20 20.82’ S, 148 56.83’ E and terminating at 20 20.88’ S, 148 56.27’ E.

2. C4.2  Competitors shall note their finish time on crossing the finish line. This finish time shall be text messaged to Race Control on the number listed.

3. C4.3  Boats shall text Race Control as they enter Dent Passage.

C5 COMMUNICATIONS

C5.1 Appendix A applies.

1. C7.2  During aircraft movements this area is deemed an obstruction for the purposes of Part 2 of the RRS.

2. C7.3  During aircraft movements the race committee may have marshal or race committee vessels in the vicinity of the designated Dent Passage Aircraft Flight Path Zone. Boats shall observe any directions given by the marshal or race committee vessels.

3. C7.4  Marshal vessels may be identified by displaying a flag with a black letter “M”. Race committee vessels may be identified by displaying a flag with black letters “RC”. Boats shall maintain a listening watch on the VHF race frequency when in the vicinity of Dent Passage for directions from the race committee.

4. C7.5  Boats failing to comply with instructions from the race committee, marshal or race committee vessels may be protested by the race committee only. This alters RRS 60.1 and 60.3. The penalty for breaking this instruction shall be Disqualification Not Excludable (DNE).

Greater Sydney has been declared a hotspot in Queensland

From 1am on Saturday, arrivals will be forced into hotel quarantine at their own expense if they have travelled from Greater Sydney.

That includes 31 local government areas, plus the three local government areas that were already hotspots.

Bugger, there goes my Airlie and Hammo :(

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-29/coronavirus-australia-live-news-covid19-queensland-victoria-nsw/12501508

Must be time to cancel some of the racing, as it hard to reconcile the new social distancing regime and say 8 people on a 38 footer for the next 36 hours as then when they hop off the boat they can't even stand next to one another in the bar.

I have this brilliant plan for maintianing social distancing during the inevitable the bar car-park fisticuffs...

...Jousting Sticks

Brilliant, I tell you!

Sydney Gold Coast now under review according to the latest newsletter from the CYCA

As for Qld, given the number of local community events on the south side of Brisbane cancelled in the last 24 hours, hope the Race director of the Keppel Race is looking closely at the addresses of competitors and who has travelled from interstate about now.

Easy to appear like entitled irresponsible dickheads in these circumstances unfortunately.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, Bill E Goat said:

Shaggy should enter as they have his photo in the Notice of Race

image.png.19dec47d675d9e8ee34b58f737d926da.png

:lol: 

Funny, the protest flag hanging off the starboard pushpit must be camera shy....   

• Like 1