The new phone book is here!

So is there a "This stuff has changed" page or do we have to wait for the boffins to give us a summary :P

• Like 1

There are lines in the margins that indicate changed text (although I think there are some changes that didn't get marked). 

I imagine they'll put out a "study version" that will highlight and explain the changes. 

Does this mean you can't have a bet with your mate

Betting and Anti-Corruption Code

Betting: (a) Participation in, support for, or promotion of, any form of Betting related to: (i) an Event or Competition in which the Participant is participating; or (ii) an event or competition that is taking place in another sport at an International Competition hosted by a Major Event Organisation in which the Participant is participating; and this includes Betting with another Person on the result, progress, outcome, conduct or any other aspect of such an Event or Competition).

26 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

Betting: (a) Participation in, support for, or promotion of, any form of Betting related to: (i) an Event or Competition in which the Participant is participating; or (ii) an event or competition that is taking place in another sport at an International Competition hosted by a Major Event Organisation in which the Participant is participating; and this includes Betting with another Person on the result, progress, outcome, conduct or any other aspect of such an Event or Competition).

Yep.

Were warned at a recent Sydney Hobart briefing that even bets of jugs of rum between crews would be caught by the then rule.

I don't think anyone got penalised at Customs though.  Well not under the betting provision anyway.

1 hour ago, Bill E Goat said:

Going to save Jas a shitload!

From a quick scan through, there are one heck of a lot of changes, but I'd need both copies side by side to see if there were any actual changes of meaning..

6 minutes ago, maxstaylock said:

"All competitors must pay World Sailing $1 per race surcharge for the use of these rules, and appendices therein"

Secured by a mortgage over your house and a charge over your offspring.

Bailiff Stanaway will collect for the Imperial Senate!

4 minutes ago, astro said:

They changed the name of 18.3, the most misunderstood rule in the book.

Definitely wrong there.

Rule 10 is the most misunderstood Rule in the book!

That's right silly me!

I am stuck in Queensland because of Covid.

I forgot the addendum to the Rule for the rest of the world.

21 minutes ago, lydia said:

Definitely wrong there.

Rule 10 is the most misunderstood Rule in the book!

That's right silly me!

I am stuck in Queensland because of Covid.

I forgot the addendum to the Rule for the rest of the world.

Some people think sailing is a contact sport.

After a life time of sailing, I have come to the conclusion that most people ...

• do not take the time to study the rules
  • refuse to be 'lectured' to (read 'coached') or be seen to to be coached
  • critisize anyone who does understand the rules as a rules Nazi

fuck them I say.

I recently saw a guy who has been sailing for many years ask for buoy room at the boat end of the start line.

I kid you not.

• Like 2

Yeah but people can surprise you, sent a polite email to a fellow competitor about a race on Sunday and today got a nice email back saying he agreed with my position and that the comments were aimed at another boat.

There you go.

That does not take away however of how fucked the RRS are for mixed  fleet racing.

Course to first mark at 90 AWA and slow 25 footers and fast 50 footers on the same start line.

16 minutes ago, lydia said:

That does not take away however of how fucked the RRS are for mixed  fleet racing.

Course to first mark at 90 AWA and slow 25 footers and fast 50 footers on the same start line

I stopped doing that shit.

1. Handicaps are bullshit, game changes with every weather condition.
  2. There is no mystery in waterline length & hulls speed.

But it never ceased to amaze me how people thought they were a fucking Olympic gold winner when their 'turn' came around on a Wednesday afternoon.

2 hours ago, astro said:

I recently saw a guy who has been sailing for many years ask for buoy room at the boat end of the start line.

I kid you not.

100% believable 

E0FA28C3-85B8-441D-A019-FA7A05A41A0A.jpeg