Jump to content

Drheam cup 2020 start July 19


Recommended Posts

2020-06-05-HOME-PAGE-site-Web-DC2020-192

 

3 different routes depending on the classes.

3 ultims (Gitana, Sodebo and Actual)

Multi 50

Figaro III

Class 40 (crewed)

IRC (and IRC double)

no mini 6.50 apparently :

https://drheam-cup.com/100-bateaux-attendus-a-cherbourg-en-cotentin/

Tracker link :

https://yb.tl/DrheamCup2020#

(middle top drop down list to switch between the 3 races/routes)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that YL

now I won't have to suffer withdrawal -  just a few more more days & I will be in seventh heaven again watching small dots race across the screen

YEE-HA !!!   :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Same for me :)

But unfortunately it will be the yellow brick tracker and not geovoile 

Lipinski didn't plan to do the Dhream cup (on stand by for a good round bitain and ireland window), but finally will do it :

https://www.letelegramme.fr/voile/ian-lipinski-le-record-c-est-la-cerise-sur-le-gateau-10-07-2020-12580919.php

With Sébastien Picault, Ambrogio Beccaria and Julien Pulvé

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

^Good to hear Colman will be on the water again. He was involved with Stan Thuret in an Ironman type endurance race - Finistèreman (3.8 km of sea swimming, 120 miles of sailing, 180 km of cycling and 42 km of running).

Looks like Conrad's 2020 VG bid is dead in the water, sadly. Nothing on his web sites about it though. He's been quiet on any updates.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 10:29 PM, Sailbydate said:

^Good to hear Colman will be on the water again. He was involved with Stan Thuret in an Ironman type endurance race - Finistèreman (3.8 km of sea swimming, 120 miles of sailing, 180 km of cycling and 42 km of running).

Looks like Conrad's 2020 VG bid is dead in the water, sadly. Nothing on his web sites about it though. He's been quiet on any updates.

Yes, there is a long podcast interview from a few weeks ago where he says he thought he had a contract and negociations were cancelled just before he was meant to sign (during confinement). Not sure where this podcast is now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with the motor, looks like the motor jumped off its mounts and the drive shaft is leaking from the video? 

Looks like they want a crack at Ian Lipinski's new record though...

Link to post
Share on other sites

That boat needs to be hauled out. Engine out of alignment, sterngland not able to do its job, who knows if the shaft is true or what precipitated it (like a like getting wrapped around the prop). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JonRowe said:

Problem with the motor, looks like the motor jumped off its mounts and the drive shaft is leaking from the video? 

Looks like they want a crack at Ian Lipinski's new record though...

Wow, reminds me of a crazy story I had in Greece arriving in a completely full Mykonos harbour under 35 or 40 knts Meltemi.

Would be too long to tell the whole story, but basically we ended up in the middle of the harbour with the anchor  line in the prop shaft, and the ferry from Athens coming ...

Fishermen helped us "dock" along a cargo, and in fact the engine did just that...

We had to go to Rhodos, couldn't get the engine fixed in time...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perioecus said:

Palanad III is the latest Manuard 40.4, going quite well at the moment...

Indeed, didn't realize there was another 40.4 in the fleet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Multi50 going for the same course as Ultimes? They are listed in (shortened) Cup700 but are very high for the next mark, difficult to think it's just wind angle.
Haven't followed much of the race until now and while I like the concept of multi class race, it's pretty difficult to follow on the tracker (especially that tracker is not taking waypoints into account it seems).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lakrass said:

Are Multi50 going for the same course as Ultimes? They are listed in (shortened) Cup700 but are very high for the next mark, difficult to think it's just wind angle.
Haven't followed much of the race until now and while I like the concept of multi class race, it's pretty difficult to follow on the tracker (especially that tracker is not taking waypoints into account it seems).

Yes it looks like it, and the tracker hasn't been updated accordingly..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed by the trace of Solidaires en peloton now.

Sad that there are no IMOCA taking part, same course as Multi50, they were quite closely matched for TJV and given the weather and Class40 vs Multi2000, it would have been an interesting match. Impressed by the evolution of mono in recent years.

2 hours ago, yl75 said:

Sodebo will be on its wrong side for the upcoming windy part, too bad, we won't see a real flying battle

That's sad. Latest videos were really promising, fast and stable. When is the next face to face between them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lakrass said:

 

That's sad. Latest videos were really promising, fast and stable. When is the next face to face between them?

There should be a short one (24h) for the trophée des multicoques :

https://www.tropheedesmulticoques.com/fr/

But then it will be the JV attempts end of the year (hope they take the same window)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, perioecus said:

 

 

I know I'm dwelling on the absurd, but with the money spent on No Limit, you could buy Guyader's TS5, Lipinki's Max40, and still self-fund 2-3 normal, non-coronavirus Class 40 seasons.

I'm not so sure, "no limit" isn't really is "filthy rich" guy project, the basic structure was made by Outremer, and finished in Britanny using many parts from Bernard Stamm's IMOCA "cheminée Poujoulat" (boom, rudders, daggerboards, winches, hooks), and one of the key guy in the project died before launch :

https://www.letelegramme.fr/voile/route-du-rhum-destination-guadeloupe-la-belle-histoire-de-no-limit-04-06-2018-11981586.php

But for sure the TS is showing its might (especially considering that the 5x is in fact a 60)

Btw, no limit is for sale asking 2.6 M :

https://www.schmidtyachting.com/en/news/show/15/outremer-5x-no-limit-new-listing

Link to post
Share on other sites

big Maxi tri movin' 41-42 knots now,Sodebo coming into wind now{i guess} his speed is going up

Link to post
Share on other sites

well now he is doing 33 knots...sodebo 30...good times

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lipinski is putting in a seriously impressive performance - a couple of days after setting a new crewed 40ft record, single handed, for the Round Britain and Ireland, now he is leading the fleet in the Class 40.  He has got to be tired by now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Sam might have this Figaro 3 thing figured out.

3nm lead and still looking strong. Interesting too, that he has put 7nm on the first Figaro Duo pair. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 1.09.19 PM.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Lipinski is putting in a seriously impressive performance - a couple of days after setting a new crewed 40ft record, single handed, for the Round Britain and Ireland, now he is leading the fleet in the Class 40.  He has got to be tired by now!

Don't think he's solo though, TR. Isn't he sailing with a bunch of mates for crew, on this one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Not sure, only one name given......

Lipinski is with Sébastien Picault, Ambrogio Beccaria and Julien Pulvé (all ex mini transat skippers forgot how many wins total), all 40s are crewed.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

When they’re done he’ll praise the designer and boat to heaven and thank the scow for making it so easy he never put on foulies and wore a tshirt the entire time. 
 

:D you can see why ppl work with him

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://drheam-cup.com/du-match-partout/
It doesn't matter much at this time, but here are the different courses for each class:
- DRHEAM-CUP 1100: 750 miles course for ultime
- DRHEAM-CUP 700: 615 miles course for Multi50 (including WP "Irish sea 1", but not Rochebonne), 550 miles for the others
- DRHEAM-CUP 400: same course for all

Not much shared on the official page, not much shared by the team, timid presence on Twitter at best... Let's hope for some after race content at least from the bigger teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go Gitana 17-2hrs over Sodebo ! The extraordinary foil system pioneered by the Fire Arrow Test Model is used by Gitana and Sodebo-don't know about Actual.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

The two leading class 40 also have more pro crews than the cats (and they were in front before), Credit mutuel has taken the lead back on on palanad 3 (E Leclrec, n° 160)

N° 160 :

160%2020%201.jpg

(not many online info on this boat)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 7:17 AM, Doug Lord said:

Way to go Gitana 17-2hrs over Sodebo ! The extraordinary foil system pioneered by the Fire Arrow Test Model is used by Gitana and Sodebo-don't know about Actual.....

what i find so odd is ... nowhere in any bit of their info does Gitana or Sodebo refer to an RC boat called fire arrow for design credit. Gee, they must have forgot. You should probably call them on it so they feel embarrassed. With a patent you could really make them pay!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, yl75 said:

The two leading class 40 also have more pro crews than the cats (and they were in front before), Credit mutuel has taken the lead back on on palanad 3 (E Leclrec, n° 160)

N° 160 :

160%2020%201.jpg

(not many online info on this boat)

That's the second Manuard 40.4 built.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 12:35 AM, bigrpowr said:

what i find so odd is ... nowhere in any bit of their info does Gitana or Sodebo refer to an RC boat called fire arrow for design credit. Gee, they must have forgot. You should probably call them on it so they feel embarrassed. With a patent you could really make them pay!!

Give me design credit?! Sodebo, Macif and Banque Pop didn't even give credit to Guillaume Verdier for his pioneering work using the Foil System on Maserati and Gitana 17-the greatest foiling trimaran of them all. There is no question that Fire Arrow was the first tri of any size to use the remarkable foil system that is revolutionizing trimaran design-check the Fire Arrow thread under multihulls ("High Performance.........") on boatdesign.net where all this is documented. I published the details of the foil system so that anyone who wanted to could use it.(and they did!)

The next great application of the System will probably be on under 20' foiling tri's where the system has great potential for easy flying and great stabilty.......

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...