Portland "officers?"

I guess we just have to live with the B2, woofy, Dogs of the world.  Blatant racism is OK, lawlessness for Gov officials, insufferable incompetence... All for pro-life justices and low taxes for extremely wealthy people.  That's all that matters to them.  Why?  I have no idea.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got myself a nice blackout Sprinter van and some military surplus fatigues. Be heading up to Portland this weekend to "arrest" some pretty young ladies. The drive up should give me plenty of time

Yeah, Dog loves to conflate conversations to make it look like he is making a point. It's his usual tiresome distraction technique. He  can't say that he is against the secret police in Portland becau

If they are conducting lawful federal business, no.  If they are not conducting lawful federal business, yes.  Arresting peaceful protestors is unlawful on its face, and anyone doing so - local - or f

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Dog said:

How am I justifying facism bullshitter?

Because when everyone else is going, "Holy Fuck! We got secret police grabbin' people and throwing them into vans! That's not fucking right! And it damn well ain't gonna fly here in these United States!" as normal people would do. You're posting a video of a black police officer that had nothing to do with anything related to what anyone else was talking about or thinking. It's thought provoking.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

If they don't have ID and they touch you, you are absolutely allowed to shoot them in the face as long as you say "I'm in fear for my life, these are clearly ex-cops!"

Get a grip Scott - that is exactly what the Reich wants. 

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Federal troops in an American city arresting and detaining citizens w/o cooperation with local or state police?

Sounds very much like the Gestapo.

Make no mistake. This is how Hitler, Franco, and Mussolini came to power.

If you must, just speak out. If you can, strike back.

There is no second chance.

You’d have a point if the local officials were upholding the law. If they are acquiescing to politically popular, but unlawful activity? Then THEY are contributing to the problem, rather tha. It’s resolution.  
from what I’ve observed? The local cops suck.

What point is there guy besides the fact that federal agents are out of their jurisdiction and unless they have a warrant or reasonable articulable suspicion that an ongoing crime against federal property is occurring, the local police should be arresting them for battery and kidnapping amongst other things?

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

What point is there guy besides the fact that federal agents are out of their jurisdiction a

Well, yes for sure, but as usual we on the left are being far too nice  . . 

Here is a former Reichista who has seen the light . .  

Portland Oregon. The Governor of Oregon should deploy the State Police and the National Guard to arrest on site any heavily armed Paramilitary forces who are operating without ID’s, Badges and snatching Americans off of the street and stuffing them into unmarked vehicles. 1

24 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

What point is there guy besides the fact that federal agents are out of their jurisdiction and unless they have a warrant or reasonable articulable suspicion that an ongoing crime against federal property is occurring, the local police should be arresting them for battery and kidnapping amongst other things?

The opportunity for wannabe imitators is disturbing. All you need are camos and a rental car, and if no one sees you or follows you, your crime is easily undetected. I bet Stormfront is drooling.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You’d have a point if the local officials were upholding the law. If they are acquiescing to politically popular, but unlawful activity? Then THEY are contributing to the problem, rather tha. It’s resolution.  

So why aren't they wearing ID?  What do they have to hide if it's all above the board?   

If  guys in combat gear with no ID tried to put your wife in a rental car what would you do?     

Now if guys in combat gear with no ID in Mexico tried to put your wife in a rental car what would you do?

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

For example, if you're a rancher who is pissed off about not being allowed to graze your herd for free on taxpayer-owned land, you're actually allowed to occupy federal buildings and destroy federal property and even shoot at federal officers (hitting them seems to still be frowned on).

Well, not really allowed. You might just face charges.

Of course, if the government acts with a reckless disregard for constitutional obligations, the judge might just dismiss the case with prejudice, preventing it from being pursued any further.

I"m glad we have judges that do stuff like that. How about you?

13 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Libertarians? TEA Party/Limited govt States’ Rats folks? Where are they for this?

Kind of busy because I lost a tenant due to a double whammy of COVID and cancer. But to answer your question, I can only speak for myself, but I'm happy as usual to see a corporation exercise its long-established first amendment right to expre$$ itself by filing a lawsuit.

6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

The opportunity for wannabe imitators is disturbing. All you need are camos and a rental car, and if no one sees you or follows you, your crime is easily undetected. I bet Stormfront is drooling.

I'd be shocked if we didn't have another outbreak of black men committing 'suicide' by public hanging in a tree like we did a couple of weeks ago.

Who is to tell the "real" stormtroopers from Bubba, Clint and their weekend militia, so long as you can't see the ZZ Top beards and beerguts under the camo?

5 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:
8 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

So why aren't they wearing ID?  What do they have to hide if it's all above the board?   

If  guys in combat gear with no ID tried to put your wife in a rental car what would you do?     

Now if guys in combat gear with no ID in Mexico tried to put your wife in a rental car what would you do?

I'm actually amazed to see AGITC thinking it's OK for the gov't to disappear people; to justify it on the basis that local authorities are insufficiently brutal.

- DSK

8 hours ago, bhyde said:

Because when everyone else is going, "Holy Fuck! We got secret police grabbin' people and throwing them into vans! That's not fucking right! And it damn well ain't gonna fly here in these United States!" as normal people would do. You're posting a video of a black police officer that had nothing to do with anything related to what anyone else was talking about or thinking. It's thought provoking.

Dude...That's not fascism. Fascism is more like telling people to shut the fuck up because their message is inconvenient.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, Mike G said:

Is this normal?

It's normal for fake news to tell lies.

The photo angle doesn't show it they're wearing agency badges, what's the big deal about unmarked cars is it unprecedented for law enforcement to use unmarked cars there?

With all the cop cars that have been burnt by rioters it would appear to be somewhat sensible to turn up in unmarked cars.

Andy Ngo has been reporting on these riots which have been going on for 50 days, fair dinkum why do you allow these rioters to carry on with this destruction for so long?

Thanks to

, they've been able to arrest rioters recorded committing serious crimes like assault, arson, property destruction & more. Some of the weapons found on the federal suspects here include a machete, pipe bomb, hammer & more.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1284162221015277568

Did that state ask the federal government for money to rebuild after rioters damaged the place, why should federal government use taxpayer funds to rebuild if local government cannot stop these rioters?

Snatching up people without identifying themselfes nor giving a reason. Wearing no name tags. Welcome to the authoritarian  world. That's the way Nazis pickes up Jews and opposition politicians. Where are the federal concentration camps near Portland?

6 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

DHS head said they are rolling this bullshit nationwide. Obviously couldn’t gin up a violent enough confrontation for the morons.

This tactic comes from the totalitarian handbook. I hope we make it to November without these asshats inciting a civil war.

Goodbye America

If Venezuela or Iran were perpetrating this nightmare, the US would stand against it. Instead, officials are promising more

Sat 18 Jul 2020 20.00 AESTLast modified on Sat 18 Jul 2020 22.56 AEST

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

Federal officers deployed teargas and fired ‘less-lethal’ rounds into a crowd of protesters late on Thursday  Federal officers deployed teargas and fired ‘less-lethal’ rounds into a crowd of protesters late on Thursday Photograph: Beth Nakamura/AP

Aremarkable and nightmarish scene playing out in Portland should terrify anyone who cares about the US constitution: unmarked vans full of camouflaged and unidentified federal agents are pulling up next to protesters on street corners, then snatching and arresting them with no explanation.

If this were happening in Venezuela or Iran, the US government would be threatening international sanctions. Since it’s happening in the US, Trump’s acting Department of Homeland Security (DHS) secretary is defending the decision and even promising more.

The stories from witnesses and those who have been picked up by the unmarked vans – apparently being operated by Customs and Border Protection (CBP), which is under DHS’s control – are downright terrifying. One victim told the New York Times: “One of the officers said, ‘It’s OK, it’s OK,’ and just grabbed me and threw me into the van. Another officer pulled my beanie down, so I couldn’t see.”

Another told the Washington Post: “I was terrified. It seemed like it was out of a horror/sci-fi, like a Philip K Dick novel. It was like being preyed upon.” Still another told Portland’s Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB): “I see guys in camo. Four or five of them pop out, open the door and it was just like, ‘Oh shit. I don’t know who you are or what you want with us.’”

The incidents being described sound eerily reminiscent of the CIA’s post-9/11 rendition program under George W Bush, where intelligence agents would roll up in unmarked vans in foreign countries, blindfold terrorism suspects (many of whom turned to be innocent) and kidnap them without explanation. Only instead of occurring on the streets of Italy or the Middle East, it’s happening in downtown Portland.

Virtually all of Portland’s local leaders, as well as Oregon’s leading representatives in Congress, have condemned the situation and called for an investigation. But so far, DHS and the Trump administration do not seem deterred.

The acting secretary of DHS, Chad Wolf, released a video statement Friday lamenting that Portland had declined the department’s “offer” of “support”. So DHS went ahead and sent in its thugs anyway. DHS’s list of reasons for invading Portland and implementing its terror operation, amid what it calls “rampant long-lasting violence”, consists mostly of graffiti incidents and minor property damage.

Their authoritarianism is no longer creeping – the DHS and CBP are acting as full-on secret police

Portland is almost 400 miles from the Canadian border and 80 miles from the Pacific ocean, by the way. It’s unclear what legal authority, if any, allows CBP to be terrorizing the streets to hunt down graffiti artists—even if they think they can operate anywhere that’s 100 miles from a border. In other words, it’s illegal, or it should be.

Worse, judging from witnesses, CBP isn’t just “defending” federal buildings, as it claims. As OPB reported: “Interviews ... show officers are also detaining people on Portland streets who aren’t near federal property, nor is it clear that all of the people being arrested have engaged in criminal activity.” Protesters told OPB they “think they were targeted by federal officers for simply wearing black clothing in the area of the demonstration”.

CBP has also reportedly indiscriminately fired teargas at protesters despite a judge banning Portland’s police from doing so, permanently injured a person with a shot to the head from a so-called “less lethal” gun, and fired its weapons at at least one journalist.

DHS, even in the pre-Trump era, has been an enormous waste of taxpayer resources, full of massive government waste and abuse, and a civil liberties disaster to boot. Back in 2015, I called for it to be abolished in the pages of the Guardian. Under Trump it has reached new levels of depravity. Its disturbing anti-immigration actions have shown agents seemingly going out of their way to be as cruel as possible to those they apprehend.

Anyone only has to read the news from the past few weeks to witness DHS’s corruption and creeping authoritarianism: in one story, government auditors have found that the CBP spent money meant for food and medical supplies for detained migrants on ATVs and dirt bikes for themselves. In another, DHS deployed Predator drones, helicopters, and airplanes to spy on Black Lives Matter protesters in 15 American cities.

With their actions in Portland, their authoritarianism is no longer creeping – the DHS and CBP are acting as full-on secret police. If there are not steep consequences for these disturbing actions, there will be no limits on where this will lead.

• Trevor Timm is the executive director of the Freedom of the Press Foundation

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Portland has been the pacific north west version of Florida, for a long time..

Good luck trying to fix it..

This made zero sense. Florida is a state of 20M which spans two time zones. It's about as far from Pensacola to Key West as it is from Vancouver to Oakland.  Florida is 40th in per capita GDP at 39,543. The Rose City has a population of 654,741. Portland's per capita GDP is $63,817 which would be 5th in the US as a state and 10th in the EU. I don't think anyone Spring Breaks in Portland.

Good luck trying to fix what? BTW, this is a map of what Shitstain is trying to distract people from and not fix. Notice Florida.

image.png.4d6c9e08a13b0c7ad1b559b6dafd2575.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marty6 said:

Snatching up people without identifying themselfes nor giving a reason. Wearing no name tags. Welcome to the authoritarian  world. That's the way Nazis pickes up Jews and opposition politicians. Where are the federal concentration camps near Portland?

At the Malheur national wildlife refuge

I think this is the birth of the American Gestapo.

DHS Under Boss: We're Taking This National

Source: Talking Points Memo

When asked about calls for an investigation into DHS police tactics in Portland, Oregon, Acting Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security Ken Cuccinelli tells NPR not only are they not going to stop but they want to take the tactics nationwide. 

Well, we are – we welcome – the more investigations, the better. With as much lawbreaking is going on, we’re seeking to prosecute as many people as are breaking the law as it relates to federal jurisdiction. That’s not always happening with respect to local jurisdiction and local offenses. But, you know, this is a posture we intend to continue not just in Portland but in any of the facilities that we’re responsible for around the country.

Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/dhs-under-boss-were-taking-this-national  

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I'm actually amazed to see AGITC thinking it's OK for the gov't to disappear people; to justify it on the basis that local authorities are insufficiently brutal.

- DSK

Why? Under his “let’s all group hug” noise he’s really just a fascist. He’s proven it here time and time again. He ALWAYS sides with strong-armed gov’t over “lefties”, cause guns or trannies in bathrooms or some other faux fear stoked in him by the RWNM.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dog said:

Dude...That's not fascism. Fascism is more like telling people to shut the fuck up because their message is inconvenient.

Really. What was the inconvenient message you were trying to convey by posting the video of the Portland cop? And were did I tell you to shut the fuck up? Dude.

3 hours ago, Dog said:

See bhyde...This is what fascism looks like.

Noticing that most normal people find the idea of secret police running around our country alarming, and you don't, is Fascism? That's a good one. Nice attempt at a distraction.

Bullshtter's gotta bullshit.

46 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Really. What was the inconvenient message you were trying to convey by posting the video of the Portland cop? And were did I tell you to shut the fuck up? Dude.

Noticing that most normal people find the idea of secret police running around our country alarming, and you don't, is Fascism? That's a good one. Nice attempt at a distraction.

Bullshtter's gotta bullshit.

I believe 'twas I who said Shut the fuck up, Dog. But that was a hypothetical example of actually sailing with him in which case he'd be such an insufferable bore that the words, Shut the fuck up, Dog would heard regularly from the crew. I don't think anyone here has told Dog to, you know, shut the fuck up. And seriously, if there were anyone ever who should really shut the fuck up, that would be Dog. But then whether to shut the fuck up or not remains and is only Dog's choice.

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I'd be shocked if we didn't have another outbreak of black men committing 'suicide' by public hanging in a tree like we did a couple of weeks ago.

Who is to tell the "real" stormtroopers from Bubba, Clint and their weekend militia, so long as you can't see the ZZ Top beards and beerguts under the camo?

It certainly is possible, but I don't expect that the right will find most black men of today as docile as their predecessors.

8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I believe twas I who said Shut the fuck up, Dog. But that was a hypothetical example of actually sailing with him in which case he'd be such an insufferable bore that the words, Shut the fuck up, Dog would heard regularly from the crew. I don't think anyone here has told Dog to, you know, Shut the fuck up. And seriously, if there were anyone ever who should really shut the fuck up, that would be Dog. But then whether to shut the fuck up or not remains and is only Dog's choice.

Yeah, Dog loves to conflate conversations to make it look like he is making a point. It's his usual tiresome distraction technique. He  can't say that he is against the secret police in Portland because liberals are against the secret police, and he could never agree with a liberal. Never*.

It's funny how all those people wrapping themselves in the American flag, telling us how much liberals hate democracy, how they have destroyed the county during the last administration, think having a fascist as a president and secret police running around is just hunky dory. They're at home cleaning their semi-auto shotguns just waiting to rise up and stop an oppressive government from trampling the rights of our fellow citizen, well, unless the citizens are liberals, or worse, black. True patriots in the Fuck-You-I-Got-Mine Banana Republic of America.

*Dog will claim he agreed with a liberal once, and therefore I'm a liar.

• Like 5

"After President Trump signed an executive order directing federal agencies to send personnel to protect monuments, statues and federal property during continuing protests against racism and police brutality, the Department of Homeland Security formed “rapid deployment teams.” Those are made up of officers from Customs and Border Protection, the Transportation Security Administration, the Coast Guard and Immigration and Customs Enforcement who back up the Federal Protective Service, which is already responsible for protecting federal property.

Videos showing federal agents using tear gas on protesters and complaints that federal agents lacking insignia are pulling people from the streets have raised questions over the legal authority that homeland security officials have to crack down on citizens. In Portland, federal agents have acted against the expressed opposition of the local authorities.

But officials in Washington said they had clear authority. Customs and Border Protection, which sent tactical border agents to Portland, cited 40 U.S. Code 1315, which under the Homeland Security Act of 2002 gives the department’s secretary the power to deputize other federal agents to assist the Federal Protective Service in protecting federal property, such as the courthouse in Portland.

Those agents can carry firearms, arrest those accused of committing a crime without a warrant and conduct investigations “on and off the property in question.”

“An interpretation of that authority so broadly seems to undermine all the other careful checks and balances on D.H.S.’s power because the officers’ power is effectively limitless and all encompassing,” said Garrett Graff, a historian who studies the Department of Homeland Security’s history and development."

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2020/07/at-least-we-can-no-longer-pretend-that-there-is-no-crisis

The effects of all those nice ant-terror laws just gets better and better. MAGA, banana republic. Patriot act, what a nice name for a awful law, and the above mentioned just strengthens my resolve never to travel to the Divided States of America again.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I don't expect that the right will find most black men of today as docile as their predecessors.

Disagree - In the post-reconstruction South African Americans fought valiantly for decades against an

organized campaign of white supremacist terror, which was aided and abetted by the Feds in the North. 

I'm pretty sure that I would not have had the courage to take what they did and keep coming back for more. 

Sailor and Congressman Robert Smalls collected data on the magnitude of the racist murders against blacks post-Civil War

(the lynchings were only a part of the violence). He used a figure of 30,000 politically motivated killings. 

24 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Disagree - In the post-reconstruction South African Americans fought valiantly for decades against an

organized campaign of white supremacist terror, which was aided and abetted by the Feds in the North. 

I'm pretty sure that I would not have had the courage to take what they did and keep coming back for more. 

Sailor and Congressman Robert Smalls collected data on the magnitude of the racist murders against blacks post-Civil War

(the lynchings were only a part of the violence). He used a figure of 30,000 politically motivated killings. 

Well, I disagree. This is not your great-grandaddy's America, it isn't even your father's. Eventually, push comes to shove, and I think we are close to people being unafraid to stand and be heard.

14 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

In theory yes, but it's an order that the Oregon politicians must consider very carefully before issuing. It's an old saw in the military that an officer should never issue an order which you know will not be obeyed because it will be the last order you ever give. The spark of mutiny is rather unpredictable and somewhat irreversible. Those who commit it feel the only way out is to go all the way with it.  If the locals order their cops to arrest these DHS guys and the cops refuse...

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

organized campaign of white supremacist terror, which was aided and abetted by the Democrats.

FIFY

South African Americans?

Charlize Theron?

19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Well, I disagree. This not your great-grandaddy's America, it isn't even your father's. Eventually, push comes to shove, and I think we are close to people being unafraid to stand and be heard.

I agree that people are standing up for justice now - and hope to see more of it. 

But in the US South after the Civil War they stood up too - 

Please read the article below on Congressman Robert Smalls. It is very informative. 

(sorry I got his estimated number of killings wrong - he said 53,000) 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/terrorized-african-americans-champion-civil-war-hero-robert-smalls-180970031/

The imposition of Jim Crow was made possible only by mass murder. 

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

I agree that people are standing up for justice now - and hope to see more of it. 

But in the US South after the Civil War they stood up too - 

Please read the article below on Congressman Robert Smalls. It is very informative. 

(sorry I got his estimated number of killings wrong - he said 53,000) 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/terrorized-african-americans-champion-civil-war-hero-robert-smalls-180970031/

The imposition of Jim Crow was made possible only by mass murder. 

I understand the history, and we should never forget. We are in a new era, and I hope, a new understanding of race.

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I understand the history, and we should never forget. We are in a new era, and I hope, a new understanding of race.

La Lucha Sigue 

Ill make it easier for you'll to understand.

Portland is full of crazies and nut jobs, just like Florida, the only difference is less tanning time.

Is that easier for you?

It would probably hurt the DHS' reputation if someone managed to film a black op on an American city.

FAA.gov Home  

Sample XML Data Packet Sample AIXM5 Data Packet NOTAM Number : FDC 0/1203 Download shapefiles 
Issue Date : July 16, 2020 at 2012 UTC 
Beginning Date and Time : July 16, 2020 at 2100 UTC 
Ending Date and Time : August 16, 2020 at 2100 UTC 
Reason for NOTAM : Temporary flight restrictions for Special Security Reasons 
Type : Security 
Replaced NOTAM(s) : N/A 
Jump To: Affected Areas 
Operating Restrictions and Requirements 
Other Information 
Affected Area(s) Top 
Airspace Definition: 
Center: On the BATTLE GROUND VORTAC (BTG) 173 degree radial at 14.4 nautical miles. (Latitude: 45º30'56"N, Longitude: 122º40'34"W) 
Radius: 1 nautical miles 
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 1000 feet AGL 
Effective Date(s): 
From July 16, 2020 at 2100 UTC (July 16, 2020 at 1400 PDT) 
To August 16, 2020 at 2100 UTC (August 16, 2020 at 1400 PDT) 
0/1203 

Click for Sectional 
NOTAM Text 
Operating Restrictions and Requirements Top 
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described). 
Except as specified below. 

A. UAS OPERATIONS MAY BE AUTHORIZED WITHIN THE DEFINED SSI AIRSPACE IF IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW: 1) AN APPROVED SPECIAL GOVERNMENTAL INTEREST (SGI) AIRSPACE WAIVER HAS BEEN GRANTED FOR OPERATIONS IN DIRECT SUPPORT OF AN ACTIVE NATIONAL DEFENSE, HOMELAND SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT, FIREFIGHTING, SEARCH AND RESCUE, OR DISASTER RESPONSE MISSION; AND, 2) UAS OPERATORS IN SUPPORT OF EVENT OPERATIONS, WITH A SGI AIRSPACE WAIVER. 3) ANY APPROVED UAS FLIGHT OPERATIONS MUST COMPLY WITH ALL OTHER APPLICABLE FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS. 

B. UAS OPERATORS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE AIRSPACE RESTRICTIONS ARE WARNED THAT PURSUANT TO 10 U.S.C. SECTION 130I AND 6 U.S.C. SECTION 124N, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DOD), THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS) OR THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (DOJ) MAY TAKE SECURITY ACTION THAT RESULTS IN THE INTERFERENCE, DISRUPTION, SEIZURE, DAMAGING, OR DESTRUCTION OF UNMANNED AIRCRAFT DEEMED TO POSE A CREDIBLE SAFETY OR SECURITY THREAT TO PROTECTED PERSONNEL, FACILITIES, OR ASSETS. 

C. FAA RECOMMENDS THAT ALL AIRCRAFT OPERATORS CHECK NOTAMS FREQUENTLY FOR POSSIBLE CHANGES TO THIS TFR PRIOR TO OPERATIONS WITHIN THIS REGION. 

D. UAS OPERATORS IDENTIFIED IN A.1 AND A.2.ABOVE MUST APPLY FOR A SGI WAIVER VIA EMAIL AT 9-ATOR-HQ-SOSC@FAA.GOV. 

E. THE THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS), JARRED PENNINGTON, PHONE 410-245-1545, IS IN CHARGE OF THE ON SCENE RESPONSE ACTIVITY. THE SYSTEM OPERATIONS SUPPORT CENTER (SOSC) IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY AND IS AVAILABLE DAILY FROM 0700-2300 EASTERN, PHONE 202-267-8276 FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS NOTAM. 

Other Information:

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Portland is almost 400 miles from the Canadian border and 80 miles from the Pacific ocean, by the way. It’s unclear what legal authority, if any, allows CBP to be terrorizing the streets to hunt down graffiti artists—even if they think they can operate anywhere that’s 100 miles from a border. In other words, it’s illegal, or it should be.

I've mentioned this a few times, but it's not illegal, though I agree it should be. My entire state and a few others are all "the border" and most of us live "on the border" for legal purposes.

web18-100miborder-map-2400x1000px-v01.jp

4 minutes ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

I've mentioned this a few times, but it's not illegal, though I agree it should be. My entire state and a few others are all "the border" and most of us live "on the border" for legal purposes.

web18-100miborder-map-2400x1000px-v01.jp

It's worse than that

Every international airport is considered and entry point, and thus counts as "border"

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's worse than that

Every international airport is considered and entry point, and thus counts as "border"

- DSK

Shipping ports too. I once accidentally carried a gun into the one on the Miami River. The Thousands Standing Around stood around. But at least in those places, people are aware that there's "border security" (unless we forget). I suspect most Floridians don't even know that they're "on the border" everywhere they go every day.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:05 AM, Swimsailor said:

This is some seriously fucked up right wing fascist bullshit.  Most of America is too stupid worrying about wearing a fucking mask at the goddam grocery store than actual Constitutional rights being obliterated right before their eyes.  

What’s difference if a local police officer arrests you for damaging public or state property or if a federal officer arrests you for destroying federal property?  

Can a federal officer NOT arrest someone for breaking the law?  

1 minute ago, Rok Dog said:

What’s difference if a local police officer arrests you for damaging public or state property or if a federal officer arrests guy in black clothing with combat gear throws you in a rental car for destroying federal property and does not charge you?  

Can a person with no badge, no uniform, in a rental car, taking you an undisclosed location, count as an "arrest"?

Apparently you fail to grasp a lot of the key details of what is happening here.

- DSK

6 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

What’s difference if a local police officer arrests you for damaging public or state property or if a federal officer arrests you for destroying federal property?  

Imagine if that’s what happened. Imagine!

8 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I think Portland cops are in cahoots with DHS

Here is what I saw in Portland yesterday.

5:00 AM · Jul 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I’m sure they’ll take any help they can get.   I’m sure the Feds are helping track down behind the scenes stuff.

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Can a person with no badge, no uniform, in a rental car, taking you an undisclosed location, count as an "arrest"?

Apparently you fail to grasp a lot of the key details of what is happening here.

- DSK

I don’t believe everything being tweeted about this violence.  So I assume those arrested were told they were under arrest.  I only care if non violent protesters and those not infringing on others citizens rights are being arrested.

1 minute ago, Rok Dog said:

I’m sure the Feds are helping track down behind the scenes stuff.

How can you be that stupid ? 

LOE of whatever stripe owe the citizens  INFORMATION about who was detained, what the charges were, ' 

arrest reports, names of arresting officers 

Otherwise you got your banana republic right there. 

3 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

I don’t believe everything being tweeted about this violence.  So I assume those arrested were told they were under arrest.  I only care if non violent protesters and those not infringing on others citizens rights are being arrested.

Yeah?

So you're happy to see "protestors" grabbed by unidentified paramilitary guys and forced into rental car?

The correct word for this is an abduction, not an arrest.

Law officers identify themselves as such.

How would you feel if Obama had done this to the Proud Boys? They caused a lot of violence.

- DSK

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

How can you be that stupid ? 

LOE of whatever stripe owe the citizens  INFORMATION about who was detained, what the charges were, ' 

arrest reports, names of arresting officers 

Otherwise you got your banana republic right there. 

Depends

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah?

So you're happy to see "protestors" grabbed by unidentified paramilitary guys and forced into rental car?

How would you feel if Obama had done this to the Proud Boys? They caused a lot of violence.

- DSK

If people are bringing in weapons and distributing to other violent criminals hiding behind peaceful protesters  they will be quickly detained, placed under arrest,  and removed from the location.  These aren’t traffic stops and they aren’t randomly grabbing jay walkers off the street.  

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah?

- DSK

I wouldn’t want to arrest someone in the middle of a violent mob and stand around.  I would want to get out of there as fast as possible.  

personally i think if people are Being violent they should get their asses kicked and thrown in jail.  

3 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

If people are bringing in weapons and distributing to other violent criminals hiding behind peaceful protesters  they will be quickly detained, placed under arrest,  and removed from the location.  These aren’t traffic stops and they aren’t randomly grabbing jay walkers off the street.  

How do you know that?  How about some sources ? 

Otherwise you are just another lying Reichista punk. 

But we knew that too. 

7 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

So says the Reich

11 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

How do you know that?  How about some sources ? 

Otherwise you are just another lying Reichista punk. 

But we knew that too. 

You must not be reading up much regarding the ‘protesting’.   Detroit Police have been reporting this has been happening for a while.   Other cities as well.  MSM just isn’t reporting on it.   Local news has been though.   

you can bet the FEDs are monitoring this looking at the coordination and funding aspect.  

Feds, right-wing media paint Portland as ‘city under siege.’ A tour of town shows otherwise

Pearl District

The tony Pearl District neighborhood where protesters rallied in front of Mayor Ted Wheeler's condominium is nearly devoid of any evidence a demonstration took place there, save for graffiti on two crosswalks. A pedestrian walks in from of the building on Friday, July 17, 2020.Photo by Eder Campuzano/Staff

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/07/feds-right-wing-media-paint-portland-as-city-under-siege-a-tour-of-town-shows-otherwise.html

7 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

Depends

You can get them at local drug stores but probably a better price at Costco.

From the outside it is fascinating watching the US have a go at being a police state. They are not very good at it yet but it does take practice. One more thing for Biden to fix in January.

20 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

You can get them at local drug stores but probably a better price at Costco.

From the outside it is fascinating watching the US have a go at being a police state. They are not very good at it yet but it does take practice. One more thing for Biden to fix in January.

I guess we will get Obama's Civilian Security Force now.

July 2, 2008,

"We cannot rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We gotta have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded."

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

I guess we will get Obama's Civilian Security Force now.

July 2, 2008,

"We cannot rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We gotta have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded."

This is what happens when you follow right wing news.

Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: [As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

Does that sound like a force that could kick down your door in the middle of the night and haul you off to a Gulag or concentration camp? You decide.
https://www.factcheck.org/2008/11/obamas-national-security-force/

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

We are trying to help Portland, not hurt it. Their leadership has, for months, lost control of the anarchists and agitators. They are missing in action. We must protect Federal property, AND OUR PEOPLE. These were not merely protesters, these are the real deal!
10 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

So you are ignoring everything being reported and making up your own stories?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

This is what happens when you follow right wing news.

Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: [As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

Does that sound like a force that could kick down your door in the middle of the night and haul you off to a Gulag or concentration camp? You decide.
https://www.factcheck.org/2008/11/obamas-national-security-force/

That's what happens when I quote him.

Why cite reliance on the military at all?

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

That's what happens when I quote him.

Why cite reliance on the military at all?

Obama could have used a better word choice, I had no trouble understanding his point, but I recognize how those words about the military could be twisted. That was something the right wing media had a great amount of fun with, and as usual, later received a thorough debunking.

29 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:
11 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

So you are ignoring everything being reported and making up your own stories?

Alternative facts, for those who live in an alternate universe. That's why they call themselves the alt-right

On this planet, they're just a bunch of Trumpalo liars.

- DSK