Why Does Everybody Hate ILCA Sailors??

Don't understand, is this the same as:  Why does everybody hate laser sailers?

I love lasers as a class, it attracts all the "me first because I am Important" types of racers, which helps keep the rest of the racing world a kinder better place.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, maxstaylock said:

Don't understand, is this the same as:  Why does everybody hate laser sailers?

I love lasers as a class, it attracts all the "me first because I am Important" types of racers, which helps keep the rest of the racing world a kinder better place.

Not sure what you mean by this.

What kind of behaviors would lead you to identify someone as a "me first because I am Important" sailor?

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

The only reason to hate laser sailors is that they are still fit enough to do it and I'm not..

• Like 1

Lasers or ILCAs, same thing to me.  How about the fact that they have given up trying to find ways of making a sailboat go faster, which is bad enough, but even worse is the minority who have only ever sailed them, so have never even tried, which is like turning off half or your sailing brain.

• Like 1

Everybody doesn't hate ILCA sailors. I don't even know any ILCA sailors. ILCAs are very rare in the wild.

And everybody doesn't hate Laser sailors. Some of my best friends are Laser sailors. I don't really  understand why they are still sailing Lasers when clearly there are better alternatives available. But then I don't really understand why some people like broccoli. Or Olivia Newton-John.

• Like 1

C'mon Tiller, you can shit on Lasers, you can shit on ILCA's, you can even shit on the TGIF dinghy, but you CAN NOT shit on our Livvie! :D

56 minutes ago, tillerman said:

Everybody doesn't hate ILCA sailors. I don't even know any ILCA sailors. ILCAs are very rare in the wild.

And everybody doesn't hate Laser sailors. Some of my best friends are Laser sailors. I don't really  understand why they are still sailing Lasers when clearly there are better alternatives available. But then I don't really understand why some people like broccoli. Or Olivia Newton-John.

Why eat broccoli when you can eat Kale!

• Like 2

No one hates ILCA sailors . They are the salt of the earth.

Though to be honest there was one laser sailor I hated ( cheating ba#tard that he was) , god rest his soul and may he burn in hell. :D

• Like 2

The reason I started this thread was a 2006 thread titled @Why Does Everybody Hate Laser Sailors?”

it was a long thread with lots of entertaining posts.

*Because they win all the trophies in all the other fleets

* opposite of Big yacht Lottsa room in the front of their pants 

*they steal all the hot chicks off other boats. 

* flat bellies

*no coolers on their boats but they drink lots of beer from keelboats 

* because they are all assholes 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, crashtack said:

Don't hate em, just pity them for their lack of friends

Also because they think looking like a Zhik store mannequin at all times is acceptable

Ouch. Zhik stuff is good. I wear it and I'm not even a Laser sailor.

• Like 1

Let’s go with the classics then ( an old argument btw)

1. Because they think a big night out is having sparkling mineral water with their banana.

2. Because there never have to lie to their wife about are going to Home Depot to buy tools for the boat.

3. Because they complain about hiking hard but have never sailed a Finn

Play though!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Secret envy, that's why.

-They've got this ridiculous amount of popularity. Their boat is even in the fucking Olympics.

-They don't have the whole $5000-suit-of-sails thing like those of us in the bigger boats.

-Oh, you don't have to organize three other people's lives to maintain a crew?

-Lasers have a short lifespan and are clogging up the landfills.