Now Coming To A City Near You, The Federal Takeover Of American Cities

21 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

That's actually an interesting question to pose to  @Burning Man, if asked to use drones against, say, portland protests would you comply?

No, I would not.  Because it would clearly be an illegal order to use the military in a domestic situation.  

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

No, I would not.  Because it would clearly be an illegal order to use the military in a domestic situation.  

Not if the insurrection act has been declared. 

13 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

7D72C5D2-29F6-4E0B-B771-12AAB0BB999B.jpeg

Govey, we've been over this before.  The militia is a tool of last resort when all tools of restraining the tyrannical gov't have been exhausted.  Many of these transgressions are working their way through the courts as we speak.  As long as Congress and the courts are intact and not be subsumed by an authoritarian dictator - then we need to let this play out before the citizen guns come out.  

However, I will say we are likely closer to that point than at anytime in our history since the war of northern aggression.  So that's scary in and of itself.  But we're not there yet.  There's still some drama to play out.  Wait for it.....

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
6 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Not if the insurrection act has been declared

You've already seen the response by the Secdef and the Chiefs the last time shitstain floated the idea of invoking that.  It will meet the same response this time around too.  In fact I would say there is even less justification for it that back when the cities were burning a couple of months ago.  It's a naked and desperate attempt at getting re-elected and the military is not interested in playing that game.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Just now, Burning Man said:

You've already seen the response by the Secdef and the Chiefs the last time shitstain floated the idea of invoking that.  It will meet the same response this time around too.  In fact I would say there is even less justification for it that back when the cities were burning a couple of months ago.  It's a naked and desperate attempt at getting re-elected and the military is not interested in playing that game.  Sorry to disappoint you.

I don’t trust anyone in the Exec branch these days 

Just now, Raz'r said:

I don’t trust anyone in the Exec branch these days 

Nor do I.  The Military is not part of the exec branch, just FYI.  

40 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

We’ve got a 4th branch? Who knew? The things you learn here!

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Got a short quiz for y'all . . 

l6fbWsH.jpg

Well, as usual from you that's fucked, because the correct answer is to tick BOTH boxes. Or perhaps in your universe the Hong Kong protests recently didn't happen, nobody got gassed, nobody got beaten, nobody got cuffed & arrested.

OK, maybe not kneeling on the neck of someone until they're dead in full view of people with video recorders. The Chinese aren't quite that smug & arrogant - the people with cameras would be off to the gulags and their internet access removed.

FKT

Edited by Fah Kiew Tu
typo as per usual
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

That's why they contract people like you to do it.

• Like 2
On 7/20/2020 at 4:52 AM, phill_nz said:

just remember these are highly trained united states federal law enforcement officers

doing this to

united states citizens attending organized civil liberties demonstrations

somebody must know when they are doing wrong

has it really taken only 3 years to go back 50

Destroying property,  looting, assault is not civil liberties demonstration.

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

There's still some drama to play out.  Wait for it.....

Awesome Jeffy,  wait for fucking what?  Right wing gun nuts like you hit the streets to fight Trumps Troops?

giphy.gif

portland-protests-explained-1.jpg

The possible result: the city PD backed up by the National Guard shooting it out with the Stormtroopers, and various armed crazy civilians joining in. 

The resulting chaos (and high body count of mostly white guys) will make a nice distraction as the election draws near. President Fucknut will back up his sudden Covid-consciousness with a big whack of law 'n order, look leaderish.......... (Is my make-up right? You did use the Tough Orange?)

On 7/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, jerseyguy said:

I’m not quite there yet.  But even if Biden wins, the Dems control both houses of Congress and rebuild the courts; the interests who got us to this point will still be lurking.  The worst of the right will simply go back underground until another  Trump-like creature surfaces.   

I tend to think long-term about a lot of things. Keeping this in mind I am very much bothered by the possibility/likelihood that the next 'Trump-like creature' is highly competent, intelligent and articulate. Picture a Tom Hanks kind of person with Trump's values and ambitions.

9 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I tend to think long-term about a lot of things. Keeping this in mind I am very much bothered by the possibility/likelihood that the next 'Trump-like creature' is highly competent, intelligent and articulate. Picture a Tom Hanks kind of person with Trump's values and ambitions.

Tom Cotton?

24 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:
On 7/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, jerseyguy said:

I’m not quite there yet.  But even if Biden wins, the Dems control both houses of Congress and rebuild the courts; the interests who got us to this point will still be lurking.  The worst of the right will simply go back underground until another  Trump-like creature surfaces.   

I've been thinking about this a while... Reagan was a friendly doofus. George Bush Sr. was intelligent and capable, if not really much of a likeable guy. George Jr was an even bigger doofus but he was a guy that most of America could picture having a beer with. Trump is stupid as fuck, incapable of tying his own shoes even if he could see them or reach them.

Clearly, the 1%ers will never choose a front man that is intelligent, capable, and able to actually make and enforce a major change in the social order. They don't want that. They're winning, even with Obama in the White House, but they want a puppet and they want somebody to entertain & distract the masses.

So I don't think the USA is at risk of an Erdogan-like figure being elected to the Presidency. At least, not from the right.

- DSK

10 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

It would be hilarious, except that it is anything but . . 

Hashtag - Why Albuquerque 

here are no riots in Albuquerque. There's no looting. No large-scale protests. No significant increase in crime. There's literally no need to send extrajudicial stormtroopers here.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/23/1963237/-Feds-arrive-to-quell-um-something-WhyAlbuquerque

18 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

The fed presence is a deliberate attempt to inflame the situation so that they can claim justification for their extra judicial actions.

This keeps the dim 40% happy, everybody else, not so much.

I've been pondering that all day.  

My social media this morning was jammed with footage from Portland last night.  This has definitely breathed new life into the protests there, anyways. 

(Even more so, into the late-night face-off at the federal justice building.  Someone made a bundle selling respirators this week.)

23 hours ago, Burning Man said:

There's coffee over in the corner, when you wake up you might try to smell it.

If you were a real man, you'd know who the Commander-in-Chief is.  And what that means.

War on terror is turned inward, on America

1151.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

"A strange and necessary ingredient of America’s descent towards fascism is that it will have little impact on the majority of people. As militarized federal agents are deployed into major cities to snatch protesters and charge them with harsh federal crimes for daring to deface the ruling party’s monuments, most Americans will continue living their normal lives with no discernible changes, at least for the time being. People wake up and eat breakfast and spend their days doing mundane tasks in fascist countries, too.

If there was ever a tipping point, we are past it. Trying to stare hard at the daily news to determine the exact point at which we slip into fascism is like staring at a baby to see when it turns into an adult. By the time you perceive it, it’s already happened. It is important to understand that the crackdown phase that we are now in – the unaccountable government forces, the riot police, the teargas, the targeted political prosecutions that will come next – are not something new, but something old.

This isn’t about Donald Trump. This is about America, baby. This is what we do."

On 7/25/2020 at 5:17 AM, Mid said:

American Catastrophe Through German Eyes

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/24/opinion/trump-germany.html

Good article!

I am qouting because if you haven't read it, do it now.

The Trump Show doesn't only happen on TV or twitter, it has become a reality and will become much worse if the US people fail to act on it. Spread the word and vote!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

nra.jpg

I've already smashed this stupid meme.  As long as there are institutions that are there to act as checks and balances on that tyrannical gov't - the 2nd solutions are not yet required.   Last I checked, both the congress and the courts have kicked him in the nutz over several issues recently.  Get back to me when Congress is disbanded, the SCOTUS has been lined up against a wall and summarily shot and Marshall Law has been declared.  I've got plenty of ammo and several spare rifles if any of ya'll want to join in.

But until then, this has to play out in the system before the citizen militia would ever think of getting involved in opposing a "tyrannical gov't".  The Bundy loons notwithstanding.......

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I've already smashed this stupid meme.  As long as there are institutions that are there to act as checks and balances on that tyrannical gov't - the 2nd solutions are not yet required.   Last I checked, both the congress and the courts have kicked him in the nutz over several issues recently.  Get back to me when Congress is disbanded, the SCOTUS has been lined up against a wall and summarily shot and Marshall Law has been declared.  I've got plenty of ammo and several spare rifles if any of ya'll want to join in.

But until then, this has to play out in the system before the citizen militia would ever think of getting involved in opposing a "tyrannical gov't".  The Bundy loons notwithstanding.......

a8b1f3ff84d1e83b1051dc58cc368d86.jpg

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Speaking of “fuck you, I got mine..”

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:
9 hours ago, El Boracho said:

Will ZZ Top replace the Supreme Court?

They could replace Kavanaugh. Each of them could work four months a year and just sit at home and drink beer.

Do you think they could teach Kavanaugh to play guitar? Otherwise it won't be a fair trade

- DSK