Laser Floating/Traveling Block Technical Name

Trying to figure out the technically correct name for the moving block in the vang system on a Laser if there is one in the world of purchase systems.  Not the model/brand etc. Anyone know?

Traveling block?

Floating block? 

Moving block? 

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.51.59 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Yea I am more looking to know the technical name of the block in the system, perhaps as it relates to it's function in the system. For example - in this vang, the grey spectra is the primary line and the purple is the secondary (or sometimes referred to as "control" line). But do the blocks have a specific nomenclature like this? I think we can use the block "type" to describe it and that will be good enough or just "moving block" etc. it's more out of curiosity at this point if there's a correct term. 

I thought is was called the super expensive ILCA taxed block that break upper sections forcing you to buy carbon composite uppers that are also super expensive and taxed by ILCA.... block. But I could be wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Wess said:

I thought is was called the super expensive ILCA taxed block that break upper sections forcing you to buy carbon composite uppers that are also super expensive and taxed by ILCA.... block. But I could be wrong. 

It's standard Harken gear - Soft Attach Double Block.  No ILCA fee. Funny, my two breakages in history occurred when we used 3:1 vangs. I'm not buying a carbon top section. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bill5 said:

It's standard Harken gear - Soft Attach Double Block.  No ILCA fee. Funny, my two breakages in history occurred when we used 3:1 vangs. I'm not buying a carbon top section. 

It's hard for me to remember all the spar breaks and bends I had over the years in the Laser Class Laser, but I do know that at least two of my upper mast breakages were with 3:1 vangs.

I think the argument that the fancy new " Laser-Class Class-Legal Vang for Wimps with Soft Attach Double Block" has been responsible for most of the breakages is total BS.