Funniest Movie Scenes

I'm watching It's a mad,mad,mad world and Budy Hackett flying the plane always makes shit come out my nose.  A Fish Called Wanda is a close second and mentioning Richard Pryor is considered cheating.  What have you got?

44 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Great Knockers.  Terri Garr was underrated.  

I don't think she was underrated at all but she had some stiff competition in that movie. It's hard to shine when you're being compared to Madeline Kahn and Cloris Leachman. 

1 hour ago, warbird said:

The only speaking part in Mel Brooks "Silent Movie":lol:

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Loved it!

1 hour ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

Does your dog bite?

Pink Panther and Mel Brooks jad great runs. The slapstick of Peter Sellers and the Mel Brooks writing may never be equaled.  Perhaps it was our "state of mind" when viewing that made thek so fumny. Python jad a few memorable but the weekly 1/2 hour was better IMHO.

• Like 2

Bernadette Peters to the flasher in Pink Cadillac - "It looks like a penis only smaller". Her bored delivery makes it perfect.

“Newbomb, did you come already?”

Hollywood Knights flies so far under the radar of quality comedies, rarely hear it mentioned. Highly recommended.

”Volarrrrrre...”

• Like 1

And going way back:

(going over a contract)

”What’s that?”

”oh that’s the sanity clause”

”ahh ha ha, you no foola me, there’s no such thing as sanity clause!”

Absolutely classic IMO, and the script was a vague guideline when The Brothers were on set.

• Like 1

If you all will allow a tv reference,  The Paul Hogan Show, specifically the Aussie Olympics: downing beers while the wives mow the lawn while holding a kid, many others

17 hours ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

1979, fall semester, people stopped to take pix of our house constantly. It must have resembled the movie's fraternity house somewhat at a wider angle.

FB_IMG_1587064162874.jpg.860fcbb4bdcd41432ce6f196b1ad3ce4.jpg

• Like 1

A hospital, Doctor what is it? It's a big building full of people but that's not important right now. Bonus for me was when I realized the jet sounded like a 50's prop plane. And then found out it was a parody of a 50's movie.  Much like some of the others mentioned hard to pick just one scene.

23 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

A hospital, Doctor what is it? It's a big building full of people but that's not important right now. Bonus for me was when I realized the jet sounded like a 50's prop plane. And then found out it was a parody of a 50's movie.  Much like some of the others mentioned hard to pick just one scene.

I can pick one:

• Like 2
21 hours ago, cyclone said:

Forgot how good Steve Martins earlier movies were, that is an epic scene!

Forrest Gump.

Bubba: You ever been on a real shrimp boat?

Forrest: No, but I've been on a real big boat....

In what was a very enjoyable, subtly comedic movie, this scene had me gasping for breath. If you haven't watched the whole movie, it does not carry the same effect. The culmination of her irritating him.

Most any Robin Williams film is worthy of this thread

WL

and several others from this movie... 

3 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

Mike Nichols sure delivered muchly back in 1970...

Nothing against Nichols but with Heller's incredible book, it would be difficult to go wrong.

Not all that funny, but damn cute and makes me smile every time I see it

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:
7 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

Mike Nichols sure delivered muchly back in 1970...

Nothing against Nichols but with Heller's incredible book, it would be difficult to go wrong.

I thought the opposite when I heard the movie was being made. The book was so big and so complex that I couldn't see how it could be dramatized.

Nichols did it though - he really captured the feel of the book through the few plot lines he picked.

I didn't really find it "funny" though - way too dark even for my twisted sense of black humour.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:00 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Damn, beat me to it.  Raising Arizona is still one of my all time make me laugh movies no matter what mood I'm in.  This is my fav scene:

15 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

and Snowden sayeng "Ime colde...."                chilled me.......

I think my first real awakening to the reality of war was that scene - when they take off his flak jacket and his intestines slide out.

Vivid and haunting. :blink:

2 hours ago, Toecutter's Ghost said:

We got a bleeder!

I read that the collapsed gurney was an accident but they loved it and kept it.  The Farrelly bros were either geniuses or very demented or likely some combination of the two.