Jump to content

The Australian Sailing and RQYS Kabuki Theatre Thread


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Wow LB is bringing all of his sock puppets to bear today. I counted four.

Fact remains, LB has gained weight and it looks gross.

He is using his puppet to like his posts!

Fuck I love this place!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Discombobulating. The delivery was a nice last sail though, two sail bagged out to the point of big luff bubbles, 10-11 knots effortless and overhauling everything we could see. Still makes me smile.

We use it for social distancing.

Fark , cryptic alright ! . Do you guys yell starboard up there ?  or some cryptic innuendo that takes so fracking long that you run into the catamaran anyway ....this thread makes me want to throw a c

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

If you want a response you really have to be a little clearer.

Do I? I seem to be doing just fine.

DEF6F559-E76D-4096-A3E7-1980A1BA24DC.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Sure we could all lose a few pounds, you more than anyone, but since you are only 5 foot 5, balding and fatter than I have ever been, you really are in no position to talk. I guess that's why you like etchells so much. A class that requires no athleticism is perfect for little fat cunts like you who get seasick offshore.

Is it that why you continuously post on facebook those pictures of your storied under 15 GayFL career?

Fuck me that is gold, I just spat out my coffee!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I think USP was joking mate. A club that takes no action against one of their mates after he has pleaded guilty to assaulting a women while armed, until enormous pressure is brought to bear by the national media, social media, their own members and a member of parliament is a better place to look for misogyny.

135 years in existence.

Number of Female Commodores...zero. Number of female Vice Commodores...zero. Number of female Rear Commodores...zero. Number of female board members (from the hundreds of people that have served on the General committee over the past 135 years)...2. Number of persons on the Board now 9. Number of females 1. Number of persons of colour that have served on the board in 135 years...zero.

And if anyone from the LGBT community has ever served on the board they have kept it that knowledge firmly in the cupboard. (Although it may now be on their club record if you read below)

They do have a policy that allows them to keep records of people's race, sexual orientation, political and religious beliefs. I shit you not.

From the website page that lists the 51 (yes 51!) policy's that members must obey.

Privacy Policy

'The Privacy Policy applies to personal information collected by the club'

'The main type of sensitive information that we may collect (if any) will usually relate to your: (a) criminal record (if any); (b) special food or dietary requirements due to medical, cultural or religious reasons; (c) biometric identification, such as fingerprint scans; (d) membership of political organisations and political opinions; (e) racial origin and religious beliefs, to the extent these are ascertainable from any photographic identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport); (f) gambling habits; (g) philosophical beliefs, if applicable; and (h) health or medical information'

Even more concerning is this

'It means information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organisation, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual, genetic information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.'

So they not only collect facts about you sexual orientation or political beliefs that also keep records of other members opinions about your sexual orientation or political beliefs.

Of course after collecting all this sensitive information (including 'Opinions') they note that.-

'However, despite concerted efforts, the Squadron takes no responsibility for the unauthorised use of personal information.'

 

So in summary if you are (in someones opinion) a gay vegan druid with high blood pressure, who votes for Clive Palmer, this can be entered on your club record and if that opinion is leaked, they take no responsibility.

Just to remind you this is a sailing club.

No, you cant make this shit up.

 

 

 

:o

 

 

:lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I think USP was joking mate. A club that takes no action against one of their mates after he has pleaded guilty to assaulting a women while armed, until enormous pressure is brought to bear by the national media, social media, their own members and a member of parliament is a better place to look for misogyny.

135 years in existence.

Number of Female Commodores...zero. Number of female Vice Commodores...zero. Number of female Rear Commodores...zero. Number of female board members (from the hundreds of people that have served on the General committee over the past 135 years)...2. Number of persons on the Board now 9. Number of females 1. Number of persons of colour that have served on the board in 135 years...zero.

And if anyone from the LGBT community has ever served on the board they have kept it that knowledge firmly in the cupboard. (Although it may now be on their club record if you read below)

They do have a policy that allows them to keep records of people's race, sexual orientation, political and religious beliefs. I shit you not.

From the website page that lists the 51 (yes 51!) policy's that members must obey.

Privacy Policy

'The Privacy Policy applies to personal information collected by the club'

'The main type of sensitive information that we may collect (if any) will usually relate to your: (a) criminal record (if any); (b) special food or dietary requirements due to medical, cultural or religious reasons; (c) biometric identification, such as fingerprint scans; (d) membership of political organisations and political opinions; (e) racial origin and religious beliefs, to the extent these are ascertainable from any photographic identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport); (f) gambling habits; (g) philosophical beliefs, if applicable; and (h) health or medical information'

Even more concerning is this

'It means information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organisation, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual, genetic information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.'

So they not only collect facts about you sexual orientation or political beliefs that also keep records of other members opinions about your sexual orientation or political beliefs.

Of course after collecting all this sensitive information (including 'Opinions') they note that.-

'However, despite concerted efforts, the Squadron takes no responsibility for the unauthorised use of personal information.'

 

So in summary if you are (in someones opinion) a gay vegan druid with high blood pressure, who votes for Clive Palmer, this can be entered on your club record and if that opinion is leaked, they take no responsibility.

Just to remind you this is a sailing club.

No, you cant make this shit up.

 

 

 

I would see this as a major breach of the Privacy act

The Act requires to only collect sensitive information from you:

• where you consent and it is reasonably necessary for our activities;

• if the collection is required by law or a court or tribunal order; or

• if it relates to our Club activities and you are a Club Member or have regular contact with us in connection with our activities.

 

So I don't see how the club needs to know if your a gay vegan druid with high blood pressure, who votes for Clive Palmer, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You may not in fact be a gay vegan driud for them to record that information, it just has to someone's opinion that you are !!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be happy to update their records on my opinion of many of them. But luckily for me and them, I resigned years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I think USP was joking mate. A club that takes no action against one of their mates after he has pleaded guilty to assaulting a women while armed, until enormous pressure is brought to bear by the national media, social media, their own members and a member of parliament is a better place to look for misogyny.

135 years in existence.

Number of Female Commodores...zero. Number of female Vice Commodores...zero. Number of female Rear Commodores...zero. Number of female board members (from the hundreds of people that have served on the General committee over the past 135 years)...2. Number of persons on the Board now 9. Number of females 1. Number of persons of colour that have served on the board in 135 years...zero.

And if anyone from the LGBT community has ever served on the board they have kept it that knowledge firmly in the cupboard. (Although it may now be on their club record if you read below)

They do have a policy that allows them to keep records of people's race, sexual orientation, political and religious beliefs. I shit you not.

From the website page that lists the 51 (yes 51!) policy's that members must obey.

Privacy Policy

'The Privacy Policy applies to personal information collected by the club'

'The main type of sensitive information that we may collect (if any) will usually relate to your: (a) criminal record (if any); (b) special food or dietary requirements due to medical, cultural or religious reasons; (c) biometric identification, such as fingerprint scans; (d) membership of political organisations and political opinions; (e) racial origin and religious beliefs, to the extent these are ascertainable from any photographic identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport); (f) gambling habits; (g) philosophical beliefs, if applicable; and (h) health or medical information'

Even more concerning is this

'It means information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organisation, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual, genetic information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.'

So they not only collect facts about you sexual orientation or political beliefs that also keep records of other members opinions about your sexual orientation or political beliefs.

Of course after collecting all this sensitive information (including 'Opinions') they note that.-

'However, despite concerted efforts, the Squadron takes no responsibility for the unauthorised use of personal information.'

 

So in summary if you are (in someones opinion) a gay vegan druid with high blood pressure, who votes for Clive Palmer, this can be entered on your club record and if that opinion is leaked, they take no responsibility.

Just to remind you this is a sailing club.

No, you cant make this shit up.

 

 

 

Are there no lawyers on the GC?  Because if there are any, IMHO they should have their practising certificates revoked for professional misconduct in allowing this "policy" to be adopted and retained by RQ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Recidivist said:

Are there no lawyers on the GC?  Because if there are any, IMHO they should have their practising certificates revoked for professional misconduct in allowing this "policy" to be adopted and retained by RQ.

I don't think so but they did announce that the Squadrons lawyer was attending all GC meeting a while back Not sure that if that is still the case but when you have as many conflicts with Members (past and present), as they have going on, its probably not a bad idea.

But bear in mind you are talking about people that don't like to be told what to do...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m allergic to all 

8 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Are there no lawyers on the GC?  Because if there are any, IMHO they should have their practising certificates revoked for professional misconduct in allowing this "policy" to be adopted and retained by RQ.

The privacy policy does seem riskier to the club / for the club to hold, than to it’s members. 
 

BTW i’m allergic to all but top shelf scotch & I vote for Pedro! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Hey Octopussy I have a copy of the complaint that the chair thrower made - the one they used to take action against the whistle blower.

In it he names each of his close friends that were sailing with him on board the beach ball the day of the (now famous) port/starboard crash. Along with each persons name there is a glowing endorsement from the chair thrower, not just of their storied sailing CV's but of what close friends they were of his. Would you like me to post it on here? :) 

 

Still waiting NB 15 ( No Balls #15 ) . 
Time to come good on your grubby little threat and POST.

Oh that’s right, you left your balls at RQ when you cut and ran.

Bwahahaha

PS

And that is why you are so pissed after all these years.

The committee won’t give em back.

Bwahahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

I would see this as a major breach of the Privacy act

The Act requires to only collect sensitive information from you:

• where you consent and it is reasonably necessary for our activities;

• if the collection is required by law or a court or tribunal order; or

• if it relates to our Club activities and you are a Club Member or have regular contact with us in connection with our activities.

 

So I don't see how the club needs to know if your a gay vegan druid with high blood pressure, who votes for Clive Palmer, 

It's a boiler plate privacy statement to cover their arse.   Ever read the privacy statements of any web app you use these days?  "We collect stuff for a variety of reasons to 'serve you'.   Some of it might be private and personal.   We'll take all care but no responsibility"

I'm not sure if it really absolves them legally but it is fairly standard stuff these days.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Still waiting NB 15 ( No Balls #15 ) . 
Time to come good on your grubby little threat and POST.

Oh that’s right, you left your balls at RQ when you cut and ran.

Bwahahaha

PS

And that is why you are so pissed after all these years.

The committee won’t give em back.

Bwahahaha

And Good morning to team octopus’s. 24 hour chewing on your pencils and that is all you could come up with? How come you got to post this morning G? Yesterday I was putting shit on the etchell sailor who gets seasick, not the flying fifteen sailor who gets seasick. You guys need to get your shit together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

If you followed the covid thread, back in March LB was castigating me for only being to Australia once. And now you think I live in your shithole Queensland?

And speaking of shit you posted in the covid thread back in march...this virus has sure killed a lot of people for only being 'the flu'. You must be quite disappointing that it has only killed 900 of those elderly oxygen thieves that were going to die anyway.

Quite the coincidence that team Octopussy hold the same views...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

If you followed the covid thread, back in March LB was castigating me for only being to Australia once. And now you think I live in your shithole Queensland?

Both accounts post the same opinions at the same time, almost in tandem.

 

As for the not living in Aus:

image.png.183dd68e0ad826e6ec72f4267c413c59.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Yes LB, why don’t you follow through and post it, instead of deflecting?

Sure - After all it can hardly be claimed as being defamatory as it is a glowing endorsement of those mentioned (except for Mr Job obviously - although as I understand he spells his name 'Michael', like everyone else with that name, so maybe it was a different person he was referring to?).

Also note that this is an exact copy of the complaint as sent by the General Manager - the punctuation, sentence construction and spelling are unaltered.

On 1 Feb 2019, at 15:44, Peter Hollis wrote:

Dear Commodore , as one of the Crew members on Beachball , in the subject WAGS afternoon & as a crew member who gave evidence before the jury , I must object strongly to various postings , including in particular by Micheal Job , describing Beachball crew & Beachball witnesses ( by inference in their actions as witnesses ) , as “ Muppets “ .! Brad Ginnivan , as lookout on the bow & who gave evidence , has sailed crew with me on Heaven can wait , ocean racer & I have had long association with his sailing career & his business . Whilst Brad would give u the shirt off his own back & is extremely loyal , he is no “ muppet “ .& he is an extremely accomplished sailor across many classes & a sought after crew hand / crew member . He has his own mind & opinions & is not afraid to air them . Likewise Steve Peel , a world champion sailor ,Olympic class sailor & highly regarded sail trimmer & keel boat rig tuner & likewise , is free flowing with his opinions .John Bertrand does not seek coaching / sail trim input from “ muppets who can not sail “!Indeed their experience & familiarity with Beachballit , was evident on this day & thus the yacht was performing exceptionally well to the windward mark area , in conditions above its optimum range . As to myself , well I am sure most people would agree that description is so far from the truth & as to needing to learn how to sail , I ll let the track record speak for itself . ( short summary below ). This abuse of members , in such highly misleading , highly damaging circumstances & audience & intentionally to cause distress & conflict & divisions , as well as being seriously defamatory & demeaning of many good members & volunteers , must be dealt with & ceased , once & for ever . It is directly in conflict with the aims of the Squadrons constitution . WAGS is a great institution of which I am proud to have been involved since it’s inception 40yrs ago . It deserves & needs to be nurtured & continued & developed , as it is a medium thru which many people are introduced to our sport & our Great Club / Squadron / boating family & for their / our future generations . Thanks to you & your committees for taking seriously these unfortunate developments by a very small but very vocal & destructive , negative , minority . Best regards peter Hollis . RQYS Member since 1957 ( continuously / no 351 ) ; Founding member no 1 Maroochydore Sailing Club 1957 ; RQYS Yachtsman of the Year 1973/74 ; Australian Yachtsman of the Year 1974 ( awarded for being the first Australian to win a world title in foreign waters & then Bach to back successful defence of that world title in foreign waters - International one man Contender trapeze class championships in Holland 1972 & in Italy open Mediterranean waters 1973 ; for services to Yachting - Administration , Racing Rules , Junior Training & Voluntary Coaching - member of Yachting Qld executive & chair of Its Racing Rules Committee ; member of Yachting Australia Racing Rules Committee ; Mainsheet trimmer Australia 111 World 12 metre champions America’s cup class Perth 1986 ; Bond Syndicate sole Rules advocate for that World Chsmpionship ; Kookaburra America’s cup tactician 1987 America’s cup defender selection trials & Defender 1987 Perth & Kookaburra Syndicate assistant rules advocate with Bryan Willis , UK Rules Book Author & International Juror . ; numerous Qld , Nsw state & National championships International & Olympic classes , pre Olympic rep , co opted assistant Keil olympics ( gold in Dragons & Starr classes to Aust . ; numerous ocean races including line honours in Brisbane to Gladstone . Sydney / Hobart race Heaven can wait . ; coach to Qld 505 world championship team ; assist coaching of para Olympic gold & silver medalists .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And speaking of shit you posted in the covid thread back in march...this virus has sure killed a lot of people for only being 'the flu'.

Except that I never said it was “only the flu”.  Rather, I have been very consistent in arguing that for 90% of the world, there was no stopping it and lockdowns were not a viable solution for ever. And I think I have been proven quite right... lockdowns just delayed the outcome. A year in, there is not much difference in fatality rates between Florida and California.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Also note that this is an exact copy of the complaint as sent by the General Manager - the punctuation, sentence construction and spelling are unaltered.

On 1 Feb 2019, at 15:44, Peter

I think I just had a stroke trying to read that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Dear Commodore , as one of the Crew members on Beachball , in the subject WAGS afternoon & as a crew member who gave evidence before the jury , I must object strongly to various postings , including in particular by Micheal Job , describing Beachball crew & Beachball witnesses ( by inference in their actions as witnesses ) , as “ Muppets “ .! Brad Ginnivan , as lookout on the bow & who gave evidence , has sailed crew with me on Heaven can wait , ocean racer & I have had long association with his sailing career & his business . Whilst Brad would give u the shirt off his own back & is extremely loyal , he is no “ muppet “ .& he is an extremely accomplished sailor across many classes & a sought after crew hand / crew member . He has his own mind & opinions & is not afraid to air them . Likewise Steve Peel , a world champion sailor ,Olympic class sailor & highly regarded sail trimmer & keel boat rig tuner & likewise , is free flowing with his opinions .John Bertrand does not seek coaching / sail trim input from “ muppets who can not sail “!Indeed their experience & familiarity with Beachballit , was evident on this day & thus the yacht was performing exceptionally well to the windward mark area , in conditions above its optimum range . As to myself , well I am sure most people would agree that description is so far from the truth & as to needing to learn how to sail , I ll let the track record speak for itself . ( short summary below ). This abuse of members , in such highly misleading , highly damaging circumstances & audience & intentionally to cause distress & conflict & divisions , as well as being seriously defamatory & demeaning of many good members & volunteers , must be dealt with & ceased , once & for ever . It is directly in conflict with the aims of the Squadrons constitution . WAGS is a great institution of which I am proud to have been involved since it’s inception 40yrs ago . It deserves & needs to be nurtured & continued & developed , as it is a medium thru which many people are introduced to our sport & our Great Club / Squadron / boating family & for their / our future generations . Thanks to you & your committees for taking seriously these unfortunate developments by a very small but very vocal & destructive , negative , minority . Best regards peter Hollis . RQYS Member since 1957 ( continuously / no 351 ) ; Founding member no 1 Maroochydore Sailing Club 1957 ; RQYS Yachtsman of the Year 1973/74 ; Australian Yachtsman of the Year 1974 ( awarded for being the first Australian to win a world title in foreign waters & then Bach to back successful defence of that world title in foreign waters - International one man Contender trapeze class championships in Holland 1972 & in Italy open Mediterranean waters 1973 ; for services to Yachting - Administration , Racing Rules , Junior Training & Voluntary Coaching - member of Yachting Qld executive & chair of Its Racing Rules Committee ; member of Yachting Australia Racing Rules Committee ; Mainsheet trimmer Australia 111 World 12 metre champions America’s cup class Perth 1986 ; Bond Syndicate sole Rules advocate for that World Chsmpionship ; Kookaburra America’s cup tactician 1987 America’s cup defender selection trials & Defender 1987 Perth & Kookaburra Syndicate assistant rules advocate with Bryan Willis , UK Rules Book Author & International Juror . ; numerous Qld , Nsw state & National championships International & Olympic classes , pre Olympic rep , co opted assistant Keil olympics ( gold in Dragons & Starr classes to Aust . ; numerous ocean races including line honours in Brisbane to Gladstone . Sydney / Hobart race Heaven can wait . ; coach to Qld 505 world championship team ; assist coaching of para Olympic gold & silver medalists .

1. Thank you @LB 15 for following through.

2. OMFG, this is what all this nonsense has been about!?! Years of drama over this? You queenslanders are a bunch of chubby sunburned children.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Except that I never said it was “only the flu”.  

True, what you actually said is that it wasn't as bad as the flu. You see girls to be a good bullshitter you need a good memory. Alternatively you could get you mate Jack Sparrow to search for your quote. We all use him as our PA now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

True, what you actually said is that it wasn't as bad as the flu. You see girls to be a good bullshitter you need a good memory. Alternatively you could get you mate Jack Sparrow to search for your quote. We all use him as our PA now.

Let’s not derail this otherwise steller thread that FINALLY got interesting!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Controversial_posts said:

1. Thank you @LB 15 for following through.

2. OMFG, this is what all this nonsense has been about!?! Years of drama over this? You queenslanders are a bunch of chubby sunburned children.

Yes that would be the case if it wasn't 'this nonsense' that his friends and crew mates used to take disciplinary action against Mr Job. Even after one of those mentioned renamed his boat 'The Muppet show' and went on a facebook jihad against him - which not only went unpunished under the Squadron social media policy (used to bring action against Mr Job) it was 'Liked' by the powers that be.

But don't get me wrong - It's a terrific club. :) 

Wait...Us Queenslanders? That's right - you are originally from some butt fuck dam in Victoria. Well one of you is anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Let’s not derail this otherwise steller thread that FINALLY got interesting!

But it was 'this nonsense' only a few seconds ago...I guess you don't want to talk about your activities in the covid thread back in march anymore. Not in the least surprising really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, twistandtape said:

I think I just had a stroke trying to read that.

There was certainly some stroking involved when it was written.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange that Mr Hollis didn't mention throwing chairs at women in his resume... maybe it's just a hobby...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Sure - After all it can hardly be claimed as being defamatory as it is a glowing endorsement of those mentioned (except for Mr Job obviously - although as I understand he spells his name 'Michael', like everyone else with that name, so maybe it was a different person he was referring to?).

Also note that this is an exact copy of the complaint as sent by the General Manager - the punctuation, sentence construction and spelling are unaltered.

On 1 Feb 2019, at 15:44, Peter Hollis wrote:

Dear Commodore , as one of the Crew members on Beachball , in the subject WAGS afternoon & as a crew member who gave evidence before the jury , I must object strongly to various postings , including in particular by Micheal Job , describing Beachball crew & Beachball witnesses ( by inference in their actions as witnesses ) , as “ Muppets “ .! Brad Ginnivan , as lookout on the bow & who gave evidence , has sailed crew with me on Heaven can wait , ocean racer & I have had long association with his sailing career & his business . Whilst Brad would give u the shirt off his own back & is extremely loyal , he is no “ muppet “ .& he is an extremely accomplished sailor across many classes & a sought after crew hand / crew member . He has his own mind & opinions & is not afraid to air them . Likewise Steve Peel , a world champion sailor ,Olympic class sailor & highly regarded sail trimmer & keel boat rig tuner & likewise , is free flowing with his opinions .John Bertrand does not seek coaching / sail trim input from “ muppets who can not sail “!Indeed their experience & familiarity with Beachballit , was evident on this day & thus the yacht was performing exceptionally well to the windward mark area , in conditions above its optimum range . As to myself , well I am sure most people would agree that description is so far from the truth & as to needing to learn how to sail , I ll let the track record speak for itself . ( short summary below ). This abuse of members , in such highly misleading , highly damaging circumstances & audience & intentionally to cause distress & conflict & divisions , as well as being seriously defamatory & demeaning of many good members & volunteers , must be dealt with & ceased , once & for ever . It is directly in conflict with the aims of the Squadrons constitution . WAGS is a great institution of which I am proud to have been involved since it’s inception 40yrs ago . It deserves & needs to be nurtured & continued & developed , as it is a medium thru which many people are introduced to our sport & our Great Club / Squadron / boating family & for their / our future generations . Thanks to you & your committees for taking seriously these unfortunate developments by a very small but very vocal & destructive , negative , minority . Best regards peter Hollis . RQYS Member since 1957 ( continuously / no 351 ) ; Founding member no 1 Maroochydore Sailing Club 1957 ; RQYS Yachtsman of the Year 1973/74 ; Australian Yachtsman of the Year 1974 ( awarded for being the first Australian to win a world title in foreign waters & then Bach to back successful defence of that world title in foreign waters - International one man Contender trapeze class championships in Holland 1972 & in Italy open Mediterranean waters 1973 ; for services to Yachting - Administration , Racing Rules , Junior Training & Voluntary Coaching - member of Yachting Qld executive & chair of Its Racing Rules Committee ; member of Yachting Australia Racing Rules Committee ; Mainsheet trimmer Australia 111 World 12 metre champions America’s cup class Perth 1986 ; Bond Syndicate sole Rules advocate for that World Chsmpionship ; Kookaburra America’s cup tactician 1987 America’s cup defender selection trials & Defender 1987 Perth & Kookaburra Syndicate assistant rules advocate with Bryan Willis , UK Rules Book Author & International Juror . ; numerous Qld , Nsw state & National championships International & Olympic classes , pre Olympic rep , co opted assistant Keil olympics ( gold in Dragons & Starr classes to Aust . ; numerous ocean races including line honours in Brisbane to Gladstone . Sydney / Hobart race Heaven can wait . ; coach to Qld 505 world championship team ; assist coaching of para Olympic gold & silver medalists .

Author??? Fuck me, they must have paid the editor millions to get that UK Rules Book to publishable copy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (p)Irate said:

Author??? Fuck me, they must have paid the editor millions to get that UK Rules Book to publishable copy.

Indeed and there must also be another Sydney to Hobart race as well, because I don't recall an old 50 footer beating the 100's over the line in the one they hold around Christmas time.

2 minutes ago, (p)Irate said:

numerous ocean races including line honours in Brisbane to Gladstone . Sydney / Hobart race Heaven can wait .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Still waiting NB 15 ( No Balls #15 ) . 
Time to come good on your grubby little threat and POST.

Oh that’s right, you left your balls at RQ when you cut and ran.

Bwahahaha

PS

And that is why you are so pissed after all these years.

The committee won’t give em back.

Bwahahaha

At least two of your intellectual midget wrestling tag team might find this of use...

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgxwLsSjkZVFPQbGccrtsqSfhRXWV

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

At least two of your intellectual midget wrestling tag team might find this of use...

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgxwLsSjkZVFPQbGccrtsqSfhRXWV

That link shows nut’n.

Nice letter However, thanks for posting.

So how does the RQ Facebook shitfight of the time and the deletion of the catamaran collision thread all fit in to this drama.
Ask’n for a friend (maybe friends)

Ps

Why was the jury that sat on that protest also scorned by some?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

That link shows nut’n.

Nice letter However, thanks for posting.

So how does the RQ Facebook shitfight of the time and the deletion of the catamaran collision thread all fit in to this drama.
Ask’n for a friend (maybe friends)

Ps

Why was the jury that sat on that protest also scorned by some?

 

What are you bitching about now? You got your 15 seconds of fame- savour the moment rainy face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

That link shows nut’n.

Nice letter However, thanks for posting.

So how does the RQ Facebook shitfight of the time and the deletion of the catamaran collision thread all fit in to this drama.
Ask’n for a friend (maybe friends)

Ps

Why was the jury that sat on that protest also scorned by some?

 

Let’s see

having two version of the facts found is good start

and yes I have both

then we go with the keppel entry protest and appeals along with Rrs 69  conduct that was alleged but never heard

i will keep going later

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

So is the sand in Australia extra course?  Because the amount of sand-in-vagina that’s been exhibited over one dumb protest years ago is awe inspiring.

But this has nothing to do with a protest, flu man. You have been pretty quiet since this was posted- good to see you back trying to change the topic. How is the butt hurt? Obviously pretty raw right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Sure - After all it can hardly be claimed as being defamatory as it is a glowing endorsement of those mentioned (except for Mr Job obviously - although as I understand he spells his name 'Michael', like everyone else with that name, so maybe it was a different person he was referring to?).

Also note that this is an exact copy of the complaint as sent by the General Manager - the punctuation, sentence construction and spelling are unaltered.

On 1 Feb 2019, at 15:44, Peter Hollis wrote:

Dear Commodore , as one of the Crew members on Beachball , in the subject WAGS afternoon & as a crew member who gave evidence before the jury , I must object strongly to various postings , including in particular by Micheal Job , describing Beachball crew & Beachball witnesses ( by inference in their actions as witnesses ) , as “ Muppets “ .! Brad Ginnivan , as lookout on the bow & who gave evidence , has sailed crew with me on Heaven can wait , ocean racer & I have had long association with his sailing career & his business . Whilst Brad would give u the shirt off his own back & is extremely loyal , he is no “ muppet “ .& he is an extremely accomplished sailor across many classes & a sought after crew hand / crew member . He has his own mind & opinions & is not afraid to air them . Likewise Steve Peel , a world champion sailor ,Olympic class sailor & highly regarded sail trimmer & keel boat rig tuner & likewise , is free flowing with his opinions .John Bertrand does not seek coaching / sail trim input from “ muppets who can not sail “!Indeed their experience & familiarity with Beachballit , was evident on this day & thus the yacht was performing exceptionally well to the windward mark area , in conditions above its optimum range . As to myself , well I am sure most people would agree that description is so far from the truth & as to needing to learn how to sail , I ll let the track record speak for itself . ( short summary below ). This abuse of members , in such highly misleading , highly damaging circumstances & audience & intentionally to cause distress & conflict & divisions , as well as being seriously defamatory & demeaning of many good members & volunteers , must be dealt with & ceased , once & for ever . It is directly in conflict with the aims of the Squadrons constitution . WAGS is a great institution of which I am proud to have been involved since it’s inception 40yrs ago . It deserves & needs to be nurtured & continued & developed , as it is a medium thru which many people are introduced to our sport & our Great Club / Squadron / boating family & for their / our future generations . Thanks to you & your committees for taking seriously these unfortunate developments by a very small but very vocal & destructive , negative , minority . Best regards peter Hollis . RQYS Member since 1957 ( continuously / no 351 ) ; Founding member no 1 Maroochydore Sailing Club 1957 ; RQYS Yachtsman of the Year 1973/74 ; Australian Yachtsman of the Year 1974 ( awarded for being the first Australian to win a world title in foreign waters & then Bach to back successful defence of that world title in foreign waters - International one man Contender trapeze class championships in Holland 1972 & in Italy open Mediterranean waters 1973 ; for services to Yachting - Administration , Racing Rules , Junior Training & Voluntary Coaching - member of Yachting Qld executive & chair of Its Racing Rules Committee ; member of Yachting Australia Racing Rules Committee ; Mainsheet trimmer Australia 111 World 12 metre champions America’s cup class Perth 1986 ; Bond Syndicate sole Rules advocate for that World Chsmpionship ; Kookaburra America’s cup tactician 1987 America’s cup defender selection trials & Defender 1987 Perth & Kookaburra Syndicate assistant rules advocate with Bryan Willis , UK Rules Book Author & International Juror . ; numerous Qld , Nsw state & National championships International & Olympic classes , pre Olympic rep , co opted assistant Keil olympics ( gold in Dragons & Starr classes to Aust . ; numerous ocean races including line honours in Brisbane to Gladstone . Sydney / Hobart race Heaven can wait . ; coach to Qld 505 world championship team ; assist coaching of para Olympic gold & silver medalists .

I think 'muppet' doesn't do the man justice.

Conceited snowflake so full of shit he undoubtedly has brown eyes would be nearer the mark.

Remedial English grammar and spelling wouldn't do him any harm either.

FKT

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a good time for a summation to date.

So what have we learned?

Calling your fellow club members names and questioning fellow members credibility in public 

is not tolerated at RQ.

Good to see the club acted on a members complaint tended through the appropriate channels.

Not surprised that this bullying behaviour was called out.
Not surprised by the posters here that think this behaviour is OK.
 
Was an apology ever tended?  
muppet
/ˈmʌpɪt/
 
noun
INFORMALBRITISH
noun: muppet; plural noun: muppets
  1. an incompetent or foolish person.
     
     
     
     
     
    PS
    Dance monkeys dance
     
Link to post
Share on other sites

And the saddest part is this compliant generated about say $500k in legal and associated expenses for the OA and AS and the bill is still ticking along

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Maybe a good time for a summation to date.

So what have we learned?

Calling your fellow club members names and questioning fellow members credibility in public 

is not tolerated at RQ.

Good to see the club acted on a members complaint tended through the appropriate channels.

Not surprised that this bullying behaviour was called out.
Not surprised by the posters here that think this behaviour is OK.
 
Was an apology ever tended?  
muppet
/ˈmʌpɪt/
 
noun
INFORMALBRITISH
noun: muppet; plural noun: muppets
  1. an incompetent or foolish person.
     
     
     
     
     
    PS
    Dance monkeys dance
     

You are suddenly full of information today Cupcake. You seem a little angry as well. 

 

 

 

#tashday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LB 15 said:

On 1 Feb 2019, at 15:44, Peter Hollis wrote:

Dear Commodore , as one of the Crew members on Beachball , in the subject WAGS afternoon & as a crew member who gave evidence before the jury , I must object strongly to various postings , including in particular by Micheal Job , describing Beachball crew & Beachball witnesses ( by inference in their actions as witnesses ) , as “ Muppets “ .! Brad Ginnivan , as lookout on the bow & who gave evidence , has sailed crew with me on Heaven can wait , ocean racer & I have had long association with his sailing career & his business . Whilst Brad would give u the shirt off his own back & is extremely loyal , he is no “ muppet “ .& he is an extremely accomplished sailor across many classes & a sought after crew hand / crew member . He has his own mind & opinions & is not afraid to air them . Likewise Steve Peel , a world champion sailor ,Olympic class sailor & highly regarded sail trimmer & keel boat rig tuner & likewise , is free flowing with his opinions .John Bertrand does not seek coaching / sail trim input from “ muppets who can not sail “!Indeed their experience & familiarity with Beachballit , was evident on this day & thus the yacht was performing exceptionally well to the windward mark area , in conditions above its optimum range . As to myself , well I am sure most people would agree that description is so far from the truth & as to needing to learn how to sail , I ll let the track record speak for itself . ( short summary below ). This abuse of members , in such highly misleading , highly damaging circumstances & audience & intentionally to cause distress & conflict & divisions , as well as being seriously defamatory & demeaning of many good members & volunteers , must be dealt with & ceased , once & for ever . It is directly in conflict with the aims of the Squadrons constitution . WAGS is a great institution of which I am proud to have been involved since it’s inception 40yrs ago . It deserves & needs to be nurtured & continued & developed , as it is a medium thru which many people are introduced to our sport & our Great Club / Squadron / boating family & for their / our future generations . Thanks to you & your committees for taking seriously these unfortunate developments by a very small but very vocal & destructive , negative , minority . Best regards peter Hollis . RQYS Member since 1957 ( continuously / no 351 ) ; Founding member no 1 Maroochydore Sailing Club 1957 ; RQYS Yachtsman of the Year 1973/74 ; Australian Yachtsman of the Year 1974 ( awarded for being the first Australian to win a world title in foreign waters & then Bach to back successful defence of that world title in foreign waters - International one man Contender trapeze class championships in Holland 1972 & in Italy open Mediterranean waters 1973 ; for services to Yachting - Administration , Racing Rules , Junior Training & Voluntary Coaching - member of Yachting Qld executive & chair of Its Racing Rules Committee ; member of Yachting Australia Racing Rules Committee ; Mainsheet trimmer Australia 111 World 12 metre champions America’s cup class Perth 1986 ; Bond Syndicate sole Rules advocate for that World Chsmpionship ; Kookaburra America’s cup tactician 1987 America’s cup defender selection trials & Defender 1987 Perth & Kookaburra Syndicate assistant rules advocate with Bryan Willis , UK Rules Book Author & International Juror . ; numerous Qld , Nsw state & National championships International & Olympic classes , pre Olympic rep , co opted assistant Keil olympics ( gold in Dragons & Starr classes to Aust . ; numerous ocean races including line honours in Brisbane to Gladstone . Sydney / Hobart race Heaven can wait . ; coach to Qld 505 world championship team ; assist coaching of para Olympic gold & silver medalists .

Wow - with all that experience on board, you would have thought that someone would have known port from starboard, and possibly even which boat is supposed to give way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Animalle..........           

When campeng in Seattell, Salte Aire Parke, I mette a fellowe that hase driven in frome TX, he spocke, looked, and actted licke Animalle.  I chckelled alle nitte.......      :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Founding member no 1 Maroochydore Sailing Club 1957

This came up in his court case. When it was published by the Courier Mail the Maroochy Sailing club responded immediately with a firm "never heard of him".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Wow - with all that experience on board, you would have thought that someone would have known port from starboard, and possibly even which boat is supposed to give way.

And a Master 1 at the helm....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 9:27 AM, LB 15 said:

Founding member no 1 Maroochydore Sailing Club 1957

Peter Who?

---

Media release

Re: Mr Peter Hollis

Various Media and Social Media posts have been occurring in relation to a Mr Peter Hollis. On 7 May 2019 Mr Hollis, 74, was convicted by the District Court of Queensland of one count of assault occasioning bodily harm, whilst armed.  Mr Hollis subsequently appealed against the conviction and in doing so gave evidence that he is a member of Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron and a club described as “The Maroochy Yacht Club”. 

Mr Hollis is NOT a member of the Maroochy Sailing Club. It is our understanding that he was once a junior member for a brief time in the 1960’s. He has not applied for re-admission as a member and the club has had no contact with him for many years.

Craig Stanger - Commodore

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Wow - with all that experience on board, you would have thought that someone would have known port from starboard, and possibly even which boat is supposed to give way.

 

2 hours ago, Abbo said:

And a Master 1 at the helm....

So I think that we all must of missed something here. With so much experience on board and a master 1 at the helm

 

So let me just put it out there

I wonder if the port Boat was in the right afterall. With so much experience and a master 1 At the helm, I bet that the port boat must of been flying it’s flags to tell the starboard Boat what it was doing and that the starboard boat crew just thought that the port boat was just a bunch of dickheads. 

 

Afterall most of us struggle with our flags sometimes 

Port boat was flying the following options 

F     Or     M

U              U

C              P

K              P

W             E

I               T

T              S

 

As I say, I’m just throwing it out there.

 

Pulpit

https://images.app.goo.gl/JPn7TMTeN1VUBA2V7

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pulpit said:

 

So I think that we all must of missed something here. With so much experience on board and a master 1 at the helm

 

So let me just put it out there

I wonder if the port Boat was in the right afterall. With so much experience and a master 1 At the helm, I bet that the port boat must of been flying it’s flags to tell the starboard Boat what it was doing and that the starboard boat crew just thought that the port boat was just a bunch of dickheads. 

 

Afterall most of us struggle with our flags sometimes 

Port boat was flying the following options 

F     Or     M

U              U

C              P

K              P

W             E

I               T

T              S

 

As I say, I’m just throwing it out there.

 

Pulpit

https://images.app.goo.gl/JPn7TMTeN1VUBA2V7

Can we have the original thread back so we can debate it again, after all the attention it’s getting it would be a real massdebate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Can we have the original thread back so we can debate it again, after all the attention it’s getting it would be a real massdebate.

Wouldn't it be a shame if someone where to bump this thread up again

20210220_090319.thumb.jpg.b769a773c9c335c07f62bb22e4cdd1df.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if RQYS is one of the 18 episodes !!!

This time around, The Muppet Show comes with a caveat: a viewer advisory which is now carried on some episodes – 18 in total – which warns of “negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures”. The advisory plays for 12 seconds and cannot be skipped using the remote control.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

So you got beaten by a pack of muppets....

Bit harsh there DK.

But these southern muppets most certainly raced under and obeyed the RRS!

That can be a great difficulty for the northern cousins!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Just when you thought it was safe to go near the water at the Lota fishing and Fighting Club, security will be out in force next Wednesday evening.

There is a meeting (information session) to discuss certain aspects of the financial affairs of the place.

But wait, members only get the Financial Report which is the purpose of the meeting after the meeting is concluded.

Even the Trumpster had to eventually disclose his tax returns.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be worth a look at the club's constitution.

Most have a clause somewhere allowing any member to request to view the minutes & financials,  & many will have a time limit & or process for the committee to produce the required documents for at least viewing.

If it ain't there maybe a constitutional change may be in the best interests of members & there is usually a way specified that these can be brought or forced to a vote.  Given what has been reported it should not be too hard to round up enough interested members to have a real chance of making the changes.

Remember the constitution is simply a set of rules AGREED TO BY THE MEMBERS which govern the club,  it is not set in stone and can be amended by the membership if enough agree that it is not serving them well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

At last count the :club” consists of 26 entities but “so called members” are members of a only one.

This concerns mostly the other 25

You may well ask why does a simple business need 25 entities

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Livia said:

At last count the :club” consists of 26 entities but “so called members” are members of a only one.

This concerns mostly the other 25

You may well ask why does a simple business need 25 entities

Is it a simple business?  It has a marina, a bar/restraunt, a sailing school, a hotel now right?   Etc...   lots of businesses break themselves into lots of different entities to protect the assets and liabilities of one from the other.  Until recently, i know of at least one other club who ran all their functions under seperate entities so as to keep revenue and salaries of each entity under relevant tax and employment thresholds.  I think the Tax dept clamped down on that.

putting the members in a seperate entity is smart business sense in that a member that sues the club probably doesn't have anything to sue.  Also, they possibly have no right over how the other entities are run unless the other entities say so in their constitution.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spoonie said:

Is it a simple business?  It has a marina, a bar/restraunt, a sailing school, a hotel now right?   Etc...   lots of businesses break themselves into lots of different entities to protect the assets and liabilities of one from the other.  Until recently, i know of at least one other club who ran all their functions under seperate entities so as to keep revenue and salaries of each entity under relevant tax and employment thresholds.  I think the Tax dept clamped down on that.

putting the members in a seperate entity is smart business sense in that a member that sues the club probably doesn't have anything to sue.  Also, they possibly have no right over how the other entities are run unless the other entities say so in their constitution.

 

Whilst i don't disagree that this remains smart from a business and ultimately a risk management perspective, what we are really witnessing in this shit show (and so many other like minded organisations - Hello Australian Sailing! - yes AS, you who advises clubs on how to best to kill our sport) is the divergence away from "Member owned" and "Run for the Benefit of the Members" ethos directly towards pure corporate greed, yet wanting to be able to "call" on members when the management stuffs up. 

This headlong rush towards making sailing and yacht clubs "resort" styled money making schemes is so far removed from the initial concepts of why they were created in the first place. 

RQYC - their committees and management team - have clearly been asleep at the wheel from many aspects - marina berthing, security, membership behaviour, race mangement, protest management, food & beverage - heck; almost every conceivable area is broken or so sub standard as to require a wholesale review.

Any place or organisation that disconnects accountability of its actions or staff or policies from the membership, whilst clearly treating that same membership with both disdain and distance - yet keeping the option open that it can call upon that same membership to bail them out financially due to their ineptitude - is both Broken and ultimately on Borrowed Time. 

Time for a reboot. Seen it at other clubs. Its Awkward. Messy and fraught with pitfalls. But you need a cohort of Members or Trustee like people who are genuinely above reproach or any sense of self interest, let alone corruption; to grab this problem by the testicles and wrangle it back into control.

This is where members who have had the benefit of this club and its facilities need to truly give back. The membership will know exactly who the correct people are. Those currently in roles of committee or management need to exit, wholesale. And, for those members who write such utter crap as in the example above, then they and their mates need to take a long walk off a short pier and not be seen or heard from again.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spoonie said:

...putting the members in a seperate entity is smart business sense in that a member that sues the club probably doesn't have anything to sue.  

1 hour ago, Boink said:

Whilst i don't disagree that this remains smart from a business and ultimately a risk management perspective...

6 hours ago, Livia said:

You mean to keep them safe from members!

7 hours ago, Livia said:

At last count the :club” consists of 26 entities but “so called members” are members of a only one.

This concerns mostly the other 25

You may well ask why does a simple business need 25 entities

 

 

 

"At last count the club” consists of 26 entities You may well ask why does a simple business need 25 entities"

"..members in a seperate entity is smart business sense in that a member that sues the club probably doesn't have anything to sue."

______________

A Club cannot sue or be sued. The fundamental feature of it being an 'Unincorporated Association'.

The 25 'other' Club entities for instance 'could' be for valid reasons associated with outside third parties. 

However one reason is, it allows the Club to fragment and extinguish/diminish accountability and liability to any Club members contributing to any one of those 25 other Club entities, particularly contributions of a financial nature.

For example an entity called 'Peter' can shift assets incl cash to 'Paul' (any Club entity incl the Club), or visa versa liabilities, with just the stroke of a pen.

There is absolutely fuck all a member can do; (outside a membership revolt) except sit back and take it squarely up the arse.

I would suggest any member be very circumspect of anything a professional advisor says, if they are an advisor to any Club who conducts this sort of 'Peter & Paul' practise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news with the passing of Jed C yesterday. Jed was one of those volunteers that only come along once in a clubs lifetime. Apparently he suffered a heart attack on the ramp doing what he had been doing for over 40 years. Giving his time selflessly to the help the clubs junior sailors. RIP old mate, RQ is a lesser place with your passing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 2:10 PM, jack_sparrow said:

A Club cannot sue or be sued.

If RQYS is not incorporated, I would be very surprised.

A quick search shows:

Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron Limited (public company)
R.Q.Y.S Marina Limited
RQYS Motel PTY Limited
ROYAL QUEENSLAND YACHT SQUADRON JOHN HARRISON OLYMPIC SUPPORT FOUNDATION PTY LTD
 

Each of those has a discretionary trading trust associated with it for the associated assets.  So there's 8 entities.  RQYS has a bunch of trading names including for a historical wooden boat show or something.  They're not technically entities but... yeah.  I'm guessing the members sit under the first one.
 

Most of it was set up in the early 2000's.  The motel and marina trust was set up in 2007 and 2008 respectively.  The RQYS assets trust set up in 2019.  

Anyway, most clubs these days incorporate.  So yes they can sue or be sued.

Link to post
Share on other sites