The Australian Sailing and RQYS Kabuki Theatre Thread

On 3/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, jack_sparrow said:

A Club cannot sue or be sued. The fundamental feature of it being an 'Unincorporated Association'.

The 25 'other' Club entities for instance 'could' be for valid reasons associated with outside third parties. 

On 3/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, jack_sparrow said:

My post was not attached to RQYS but simply Unincorporated Associations.

No Jack you lying shitstain, you waded in, dick swinging,  as usual knowing nothing about what you were talking about. 

Jack you fuck every thread you participate in, so fuck off back to your brexit thread( and your imaginary UK business) and leave this to those who know what they are talking about. 

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Discombobulating. The delivery was a nice last sail though, two sail bagged out to the point of big luff bubbles, 10-11 knots effortless and overhauling everything we could see. Still makes me smile.

We use it for social distancing.

Fark , cryptic alright ! . Do you guys yell starboard up there ?  or some cryptic innuendo that takes so fracking long that you run into the catamaran anyway ....this thread makes me want to throw a c

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

CC knows.

Members know.

Non-members...mmm

CC Jack? - Outing people now? 

I like the new 'safe water mark' themed dress pants.

They will go a treat with the Blue Blazer as well. 

161078820_121716663300597_9016896336959440234_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=B4m9BQfj87QAX8DO7ZI&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne5-1.fna&tp=7&oh=06a16f8c1d8244542c95dcf602f1e7ce&oe=6080F4B1

64th Birkenhead Sea Scouts

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Why the fuck would he comment on something he has no involvement in and knows nothing about I wonder? 

Because if he needed to fulfill either of those conditions his keyboard would be forever silent? 

On 3/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, LB 15 said:

I resigned as a member years ago. 

20 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Jack just fuck off out of this thread and leave it to those that have a dog in this fight. 

Bwahahaha,

Oh the irony......

With the RQ comittee being the custodian of your balls, after you cut and ran rather than man up and face the music, we can understand your “ dog in this fight”.

But, really LB , it’s time to give up coz their  unlikely to give em back.

1 hour ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Bwahahaha,

Oh the irony......

With the RQ comittee being the custodian of your balls, after you cut and ran rather than man up and face the music, we can understand your “ dog in this fight”.

But, really LB , it’s time to give up coz their  unlikely to give em back.

Looks like you have picked the right side to be on as usual. Like Jack you are fishing for information but you have no clue what is going on.

Winter is coming...

21 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Looks like you have picked the right side to be on as usual.

Thank you for the compliment.

Am not here to take sides, just to enjoy the entertainment on offer.

Regards.

With all LB and Labias' doom and gloom one could be forgiven for forgetting that RQYS  has recently received Queensland's " Best sports club" award.

Good one Bazza.

157922936_10158238890596680_3046939440827864500_o (1).jpg

And in todays news, while having held a meeting on Wednesday night to discuss a Special Report prepared by an independent accountant as to certain dealings between the club and members, which was to released to members only after the meeting, nice one, it seems the Report will not now be released to members or berth holders at all.

Some might call that good governance however!!

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Livia said:

Given the events since Wednesday, the irony of that post is spectacular.

Jeeeeesus Labia, your not makin' this easy. If you want " us" to troll properly you need to tell what happened post Wednesday.

22 hours ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

With all LB and Labias' doom and gloom one could be forgiven for forgetting that RQYS  has recently received Queensland's " Best sports club" award.

Good one Bazza.

Great work!

Did you get to hold it?

Nine weird and wonderful golf trophies - Golf Monthly

On 3/25/2021 at 10:09 PM, LB 15 said:

I like the new 'safe water mark' themed dress pants.

They will go a treat with the Blue Blazer as well. 

161078820_121716663300597_9016896336959440234_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=B4m9BQfj87QAX8DO7ZI&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne5-1.fna&tp=7&oh=06a16f8c1d8244542c95dcf602f1e7ce&oe=6080F4B1

64th Birkenhead Sea Scouts

The last time you played the safe water/high water nomenclature game we lost a few devotees...never saw RKoch after that!

• Like 1
On 3/27/2021 at 1:05 AM, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Good one Bazza.

That looks pretty hard to squat. They must be good sports.

Cheerio!

• Like 1
On 3/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, jack_sparrow said:

A Club cannot sue or be sued.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, jack_sparrow said:

it can now be sued by its members AND visa versa.

The latter I'm sure very, very few members today would be aware of, that their club can sue them.

What a backflip | Funny pictures, Funny gif, Singing funny

Hi Jack :) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Any money on the B2G still going ahead?

Personally can't see it happening but I hope it does. Looks like a quick one!

13 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Any money on the B2G still going ahead?

Sadly I don't think there is a snowflakes chance in hell. Brisbane lockdown won't end until midnight thursday if at all and Gladstone is also on high alert and the last thing Gladstone Base Hospital want is 1000 (potentially infected) drunks arriving in town. It is a pity because with that forecast the 2 big boats can save their time on the TP's.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Sadly I don't think there is a snowflakes chance in hell. Brisbane lockdown won't end until midnight thursday if at all and Gladstone is also on high alert and the last thing Gladstone Base Hospital want is 1000 (potentially infected) drunks arriving in town. It is a pity because with that forecast the 2 big boats can save their time on the TP's.

2 more cases today, so Anna is going to keep you in bondage over Easter.

image.png.fc8cdadba0a8c691d181e3ba30459603.png

Eight new local COVID-19 cases in Qld

af1035305b658a375eebd013c3a7088b?s=30&d=
Ally Foster

Queensland has recorded ten new COVID-19 cases, with eight of those acquired through community transmission.

There are now 78 active cases across the state.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said six of the new cases are linked to known infections and two are under investigation, revealing the state is now dealing with two distinct clusters.

"The good news is that these cases are linked and we now believe that there are two distinct clusters," she said.

"So, we have a cluster linked, of course, to that Princess Alexandra doctor. And we have a second cluster linked to the Princess Alexandra nurse."

Ms Palaszczuk said today's figures show sending Brisbane into lockdown was "absolutely the right call".

5 things to remember before starting the 7th season of Game of Thrones -  Infodesert

On 3/27/2021 at 3:05 PM, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Good one Bazza.

The inscription is wrong, it should read "Biggest operational loss in the clubs history".

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

2 more cases today, so Anna is going to keep you in bondage over Easter.

image.png.fc8cdadba0a8c691d181e3ba30459603.png

this is what caused the problem...

She said the nurse's sister was infected with the same genome.

"Then there are a further five cases that I've been informed of overnight linked to that nurse or her sister. So, they're all linked cases, and they all attended a party together down in Byron Bay," she said.

"One of the positive cases in that second cluster attended the hens party as an entertainer ... he works as a tradie,

"A Queensland tradie who travelled to Byron Bay to attend a hens party as an entertainer returned to the Gold Coast and visited an aged care facility while infected with COVID-19."

'You kiss yo Grandma with that mouth?'

On 3/27/2021 at 3:27 PM, Livia said:

And in todays news, while having held a meeting on Wednesday night to discuss a Special Report prepared by an independent accountant as to certain dealings between the club and members, which was to released to members only after the meeting, nice one, it seems the Report will not now be released to members or berth holders at all.

Some might call that good governance however!!

Apparently now if you ask for it they will email it to you???

41 minutes ago, Abbo said:

Apparently now if you ask for it they will email it to you???

I fell off my chair laughing at page 6!

Love the redactions as well.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:43 PM, Livia said:

I fell off my chair laughing at page 6!

Love the redactions as well.

Do share, some of us are out of the range of reasonable postage. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.rqys.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Notice-to-Members-Commodore-Barry-Cuneo-8-April-2021.pdf

nothing mentioned, or explained, about RQ getting large reductions from Qld government for the water lease ( temporary) whilst Covid was on, yet still charging berth holders full whack.

Looks like having members use the club is expensive,  profit is up in a year where most services were closed or in "tick over" mode.

No wonder they are making things as difficult as possible to increase participation!

• Like 1

"Captain" Barry Cuneo isn't exactly self-effacing in communication with his subjects members.

Does he really hold a maritime qualification?  I mean, I could call myself "Captain" also, but I don't.

47 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

"Captain" Barry Cuneo isn't exactly self-effacing in communication with his subjects members.

Does he really hold a maritime qualification?  I mean, I could call myself "Captain" also, but I don't.

In my book anyone who refers to themselves as a captain unless it is in direct relation to a discussion of their profession is a wanker... 

• Like 4

It is no longer a sport in Aus, its a tool for avarice.  

When you ask competitors to break the rules and the national authority condone such action, there is no 'sport'. 

Best thing I ever did was sell the boat and get out. They can use the existing suckers sailor's hard earned to prop up their self adulation. 

My new alternative sport is so far light years different. In a protest from a little team against a big dollar pro team just recently, there was no room for obfuscation, the multi-million dollar team were found to have twisted evidence and got booted unceremoniously. How refreshing. Rules are there and enforced to protect competitors and not for re-interpretation to unfairly benefit individuals!  Maybe that's part of the reason it is thriving and attracting new money with ease.  

Now, ask yourself, can anyone of us honestly say the same thing about sailing? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

When you ask competitors to break the rules and the national authority condone such action, there is no 'sport'. 

Best thing I ever did was sell the boat and get out. They can use the existing suckers sailor's hard earned to prop up their self adulation. 

My new alternative sport is so far light years different. In a protest from a little team against a big dollar pro team just recently, there was no room for obfuscation, the multi-million dollar team were found to have twisted evidence and got booted unceremoniously. How refreshing. Rules are there and enforced to protect competitors and not for re-interpretation to unfairly benefit individuals!  Maybe that's part of the reason it is thriving and attracting new money with ease.  

It has not been my experience in club racing in Melbourne and I have not seen it talked about in any racing in Melbourne. The worst I've seen down here is the irrational rule changes by one club as a result of a death. 

But I guess if you look at the Melbourne Big Boat thread you will see that there is not a big money arms race culture down here.

BTW what's your alternative sport, just in case my move north leads do disillusionment and I need a new hobby. 

Sailing is now like big game hunting were rich people can buy their trophies with zero skill or effort required by them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

rich-men-hot-women-8.jpg?attachment_cach

• Like 1
16 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Alright Dougal. I have to know what this alternative sport is that can be played equally by both the poor and the wealthy.

4 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

Alright Dougal. I have to know what this alternative sport is that can be played equally by both the poor and the wealthy.

G'day Hitch,

Gone back to the wild and woolly automotive racing scene of my past life. Has the same calibre of competitors as sailing, where 99 out of 100 are genuine salt of the earth fantastic people. The difference is the clubs and national authorities are are ...gasp...all about the sport not themselves. 

We have 12 months to get everything dialled in thing before we put the new sails on. This is the pending new sail wardrobe, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it cost about the same.

637d5bae-535e-a253.jpg.85a1aeda19bcd0c7264d24ebbfbe2fa3.jpgThe existing donk is injected only running on methanol, puts out about 1000HP. It's an ex-US car that was the national champion in the States with a teenage chick behind the wheel, 7.6sec at 200mph. No pressure :). Early days, I'll be happy when we just get one full pass in.  

The new engine is 1600+ horsepower and I reckon we'll have to push it back, no way are we ready for more horsepower. We almost put it into the wall on the first outing with the little engine, the rear tires were too high at 6.5psi, should have been 6. This sort of fine tuning is uncannily similar to sailing, it's all about lift, drag, weather and delicate trimming. 

I fervently hope that sailing in the rest of the world survives the shit we are seeing locally, I'll come back in a heartbeat if they ever put a broom through the shambles we have let take root in this part of the world. Until then, I'll continue to work on restoring my faith that humanity hasn't become morally and ethically bereft.

Cheers! 

SB

• Like 5

You can take the boy out of Banyo but you can’t take Banyo out of the boy! Great to here mate and we need to catch up.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

SB nice "green" motor there!;)

Hiya Sloop,

I have no defence...but it's all relative. Chatting to one of the top fuel crew chiefs, he was telling me they chew about 60ltrs of nitromethane for a single run.  Compared to that, we're fucking saints. 

Greta Thunberg should be kissing my arse. Might send her a shirt.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Put it in one of these ShaggyB

Hi Nav,

No chance, those chaps are certifiable. We pull about 2g, top fuel pull about 5 g which is on the cusp of losing vision and blacking out. 

These lunatics pull something like 7g IIRC. Mad as cut snakes.  

9 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Hi Nav,

No chance, those chaps are certifiable. We pull about 2g, top fuel pull about 5 g which is on the cusp of losing vision and blacking out. 

These lunatics pull something like 7g IIRC. Mad as cut snakes.  

But perfect for a quick fly by at a certain yacht club specially if officers and pearl clutchers are anywhere near the docks....

• Like 3
22 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

G'day Hitch,

Gone back to the wild and woolly automotive racing scene of my past life. Has the same calibre of competitors as sailing, where 99 out of 100 are genuine salt of the earth fantastic people. The difference is the clubs and national authorities are are ...gasp...all about the sport not themselves. 

We have 12 months to get everything dialled in thing before we put the new sails on. This is the pending new sail wardrobe, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it cost about the same.

637d5bae-535e-a253.jpg.85a1aeda19bcd0c7264d24ebbfbe2fa3.jpgThe existing donk is injected only running on methanol, puts out about 1000HP. It's an ex-US car that was the national champion in the States with a teenage chick behind the wheel, 7.6sec at 200mph. No pressure :). Early days, I'll be happy when we just get one full pass in.  

The new engine is 1600+ horsepower and I reckon we'll have to push it back, no way are we ready for more horsepower. We almost put it into the wall on the first outing with the little engine, the rear tires were too high at 6.5psi, should have been 6. This sort of fine tuning is uncannily similar to sailing, it's all about lift, drag, weather and delicate trimming. 

I fervently hope that sailing in the rest of the world survives the shit we are seeing locally, I'll come back in a heartbeat if they ever put a broom through the shambles we have let take root in this part of the world. Until then, I'll continue to work on restoring my faith that humanity hasn't become morally and ethically bereft.

Cheers! 

SB

Hey Shaggy,

Great stuff.Major long shot but you are ever going to run at Kwinana (oops sorry Perth Motorplex !) PM me.Am out there a bit.Enjoy your new code.

RE.

12 hours ago, Rotnest Express said:

Hey Shaggy,

Great stuff.Major long shot but you are ever going to run at Kwinana (oops sorry Perth Motorplex !) PM me.Am out there a bit.Enjoy your new code.

RE.

G'day RE,

I'll make sure I do mate, I like the local craft beer scene over your way and I'm overdue for a visit. 

Cheers!

SB

12 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I like the local craft beer scene over your way

A few years back we were in Perth for a Tornado nats and we went to Little Creatures for lunch.  Something went wrong and our food order got lost.  One of the creatures said she'd get it sorted, and meanwhile here's a round of drinks on the house.  Well, it was a complete SNAFU and our food never did arrive, but after a number of further rounds on the house we left pissed to the eyeballs, but very happy!

• Like 2
On 2/18/2021 at 4:45 PM, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Maybe a good time for a summation to date.

So what have we learned?

Calling your fellow club members names and questioning fellow members credibility in public 

is not tolerated at RQ.

Good to see the club acted on a members complaint tended through the appropriate channels.

Not surprised that this bullying behaviour was called out.
Not surprised by the posters here that think this behaviour is OK.

Was an apology ever tended?  
muppet
/ˈmʌpɪt/

noun
INFORMALBRITISH
noun: muppet; plural noun: muppets
  1. an incompetent or foolish person.

PS
    Dance monkeys dance

Did someone say "Muppet"?

Sounds like a Muppet anger management course is called for

• Like 1