19 minutes ago, Editor said:

what-was-it-8-4-20.jpg

Who, what and where?

http://stormvogel.net/about-stormvogel/history/

However, the Van de Stadt Zaandam drawing office was very busy towards the end of 1959 so Bruynzeel subsequently turned to Olin Stephens, but Stephens did not dare risk his reputation as a designer with a project that he felt involved a considerable risk. Bruynzeel then asked the English designer Laurent Giles, who had experience with building large, lightweight stringer construction wooden hulls to come up with a design. While Giles was still working on a preliminary design, Bruynzeel by chance meet Capt. John Illingworth, a man who loved to experiment and Bruynzeel could not deny him the opportunity to put his vision down on paper.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Editor said:

you fucker

working at home, waiting for the last meeting of the day and after that of to the boat... (boat of that size, that construction, that period... guessed it was Stormvogel and then just checked with google)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, daan62 said:

working at home, waiting for the last meeting of the day and after that of to the boat... (boat of that size, that construction, that period... guessed it was Stormvogel and then just checked with google)

get back to work goddamnit!

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, luminary said:

So it was constructed by hanging the frames from the ceiling?

That way you don't have to mess with turning it over.

So what do you expect if you use a pic that this Google appartus finds?

Extremely nice, though. Basically the great (large) grandmother to my little one.

026_exit-Lamtico-Stellenbosch-e147760494

5 hours ago, cmonkey said:

That way you don't have to mess with turning it over.

But the entire bottom has to be constructed uphand (overhead).

My first impulse was Stormvogel, having seen the boat out of the water in Trini in 2013. Seeing the photo of Cornelius Bruynzeel (in the white coat) nailed it for me, but I was too slow. Congratulations.

11.22.51-Stormvogel in Yard.jpg

bruynzeel had an nack for nice boats. one of his other boats was designd by Stephens, and is still one of my favourites: Zeearend.

aluminium deckhouse, 2 offset companionways, spiral staircase and a round table. 

he bought it after overnighting in a harbour next to stephens on stormy weather on his motorboat. As the next day they were heading to amsterdam and it was against the wind, he offered stormy a tow. Stephens denied and the next morning he left. Bruynzeel had a hard time keeping up with stephens while stephens short tacked up the river. He decided then and there that this was the man who had to design him a new ocean racer. 

image.png.6c1d780e44a536854f81a061cb1eb453.png

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, JMOD said:

Zeearend.

aluminium deckhouse, 2 offset companionways, spiral staircase and a round table. 

“notable for a not very efficient spiral companionway ladder and a circular dining table that must have looked very small to a hungry crew.”

https://www.classicboat.co.uk/boats-for-sale/legendary-dutch-yacht-zeearend-for-sale/