Newport 21 / 212 ?

I wrongly posted this in Sportboat Anarchy and was quickly corrected, so here's a second try:

My neighbor at the lake recently found himself with what he told me is a Newport 21. It's been a long time since he's sailed anything and he keeps coming to me because he sees me out every day, but I sail singlehanded dinghies. Does anyone know anything about these boats? Anything special to know? There's almost no info online other than that the keel lifting mechanism is complicated and hard to get to.

I'm mostly concerned with setup at the moment, because his spreaders and shrouds look sketchy to me, and I don't want him to lose the rig....

38 minutes ago, SailRacer said:

I have a Holiday 20 built by Newport Boats. Sailboatdata.com can help you find the exact one (or nearly).

Do you have a pic?

It's definitely either a 21 or a 212- I'm not sure there's really a difference. The entry for the 212 shows one with a "21" on the sail. 

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/newport-212

I might have the same rig. Suggest to keep it tight (minimal slack on leeward side), keep an eye on the post below the deck stepped rig. Otherwise, let God take it down.

Have been in over 20Kts towing kids on a innertube and no issues.

Sail Safe!

On 8/13/2020 at 11:59 AM, SailRacer said:

I might have the same rig. Suggest to keep it tight (minimal slack on leeward side), keep an eye on the post below the deck stepped rig. Otherwise, let God take it down.

Have been in over 20Kts towing kids on a innertube and no issues.

Sail Safe!

Haha. Good to know. Thanks!