Looking for an RS500, Laser 4000 or 29er in the NE US

Having now been in the process of selling my JY15 for a month now, I am finally looking for a 2 person boat to replace it. Seeing as I know have some experience on a Hobie 16, I am looking for a high performance trapeze dingy. Unfortunately, all of them with decent prices seem to be in the uk. Anyone in the North East have an older one of these for sale in the 1500 dollar range?

My remark was really about the daft suggestion for a new Melges 15, which is clearly going to be far more than $1500.

You may pick up a 4000 (or even more chance of an ISO) for less than a grand in the UK if you’re lucky, but good luck finding a 400 or 500 for that kind of money.  

1 hour ago, sosoomii said:

but good luck finding a 400 or 500 for that kind of money.  

Need more than good luck, even though the oldest RS400s must be 25 years old now. 

An old I14 might be a possibility in the US.

39 minutes ago, JBOATTROUBLEMAKER said:

I have someone willing to give me a "Barn Find" RS500 in good condition with s rig and trapeze for just over 1k.

Jump on it.

Hard to find a decent speedster at that low a price, and if you do find one they are 90% shot.

FB- Doug

• Like 1