Freshening Up Interior Teak

Looking for best recommendations for freshening up interior teak... what's the best return on effort for a good cleaning and brightening?  Lots of products and opinions our there.  What does the world of SA think?

Is the current teak oiled or varnished? What do you mean by "freshening up"? Is it too dark? Is it dirty? Is it stained, scratched, or otherwise abused? Not enough to go on here...

Great questions. Currently, the teak is only oiled. No varnished. Not looking dark, just showing it's age with a few high traffic areas which are dirty/scuffed and a couple areas where past leaks/drips are showing streaking.

First you must clean the surface .... then apply oil 

warm water ammonia mix .. gentle mix

very fine scotchbright ,  sponge and terry cloth towels   

wipe down with thinner before coating 

Remember to thin the oil before application .. perhaps ten percent ... to speed cure time of the oil .. oil dries very slowly 

apply  the oil with a heavy coat ....then wipe  50 percent  of the oil off

use a lint free rags 

many times two coats are needed

Wood oil  soaked rags will spontaneously combust 

be alert ... drop soiled  rags in a metal bucket and get it out of the work space 

I did the interior of a 43' that was all 35 year old oil - filthy but otherwise in good shape.

I used TSP in a spritzer. The old oil & grime literally ran out of the wood initially.

After cleaning mine pretty thoroughly, I used Watco Teak Oil. Very nice finish. I could have left it there, but I did a few coats of Minwax Wipe On Poly Gloss because I wanted to seal it. It has a nice satin finish.