Interlux Perfection Pro - Available Here?

I've been watching the "Sail Life" You Toob channel and he's using Interlux Perfection Pro. Roll on, no tipping. A google search doesn't show anything for sale in the U.S. of A.

What's the deal. I'm about to paint my boat and this looks too good to be true.

1 hour ago, solosailor said:

The instruction are to tip.   No tip is what people do to save time and get subpar results.

See the vid. He has a factory rep remote supervising. This is Perfection "PRO"  vs regular Perfection from what I gather.

13 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

That is Perfection Plus Varnish which is a clear varnish. He is looking for Perfection Pro which 2 part urethane paint.

That and the empty bottle in front of me explains my confusion. Apologies. 

Carry on.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, andykane said:

What he said - very useful book, worth the price ($3.50) a hundred times over.

Also consider Epifanes 2 part poly. I just used it to repaint my transom and was very impressed. Excellent levelling, you can easily roll it on without tipping.

Thanks. I was looking for a light gray which Interux had only an off white called platinum. Epifanes has something closer to what I'm looking for.

Black Interlux Perfection is very difficult to find right now in the U.S..  I assumed it was another covid supply issue but maybe they're phasing out Perfection and replacing it with Perfection Pro?  If Perfection Pro is as good as the marketing dept says it is (and marketing departments never lie) there's probably no reason to keep both unless there's a significant difference in price.

We had trouble getting the Awlgrip color we wanted because of Covid supply-chain issues.  One supplier had it in stock, the other said it would take weeks because their factory had closed down. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, psycho tiller said:

Black Interlux Perfection is very difficult to find right now in the U.S..  I assumed it was another covid supply issue but maybe they're phasing out Perfection and replacing it with Perfection Pro?  If Perfection Pro is as good as the marketing dept says it is (and marketing departments never lie) there's probably no reason to keep both unless there's a significant difference in price.

from interlux's website...

This product is for professional use only and may only be bought and applied by a professional applicator. Find an applicator that's near you.

For professional use only

Because of the application method required for this product, it is labeled for professional use only. This product is only for use by boat paint industry professionals.

so you're probably not going to find it in a retail store..

from their msds...   profession use only .. lol

Perfection Pro 2­part polyurethane is the ultimate performing topside finish, providing the most long­lasting, high­gloss finish with superb colour retention, UVprotection and chemical/abrasion resistance. Formulated to enable skilled amateur users to achieve professional quality results. Also suitable for high­wearareas, i.e. decks (with Non­Slip Additive). It provides long lasting, ultra­high gloss and colour retention and excellent chemical resistance. Available in anextensive range of colours, Perfection Pro can be applied by spray or by brush and roller application and is suitable for use on any substrate. Perfection Pro has2 specifically designed binders. One binder has been especially optimised for spray application and another for brush and roller application. They have beenformulated specifically to achieve professional quality results with ease. UV filters combined with the chemical cure of the polyurethane give the longest lifepossible

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

from their msds...   profession use only .. lol

I put the msds into google translate and here's what I got:

"We'll sell it to anyone we can but if you fuck up your boat or your lungs it's not our fault.  Also, whatever stupid shit you do while huffing our product isn't our fault either."

Maybe it's a different product, the thinning ratio is about 2x that for Perfection? So maybe it has a slower tack which allows it to slump a little to wipe out the roller stipple.

Otherwise, all the concern about dry spots, if you tip it then you even out the coat and usually avoid runs and holidays. 2nd pair of eyes is always good, just stopping for a moment and looki g from a different angle works, too. They're right, you can't go back, just adds texture as the paint is already setti g up. I found that 3 coats was ok, 4 with Awlgrip due to higher thinning ratio but I usually paint in heat n humidity, N Europe is supposed to be ideal. I have just rolled my first two coats then sanded and roll n tipped the last 1. The window stuff helps alot.

Epiphanes would be interesting, their enamel used to be the bomb. Looks different after 3 days of tightening up.

The EU has been stopping sale of many Items to the public they consider dangerous, such as Creosote and Sodium Chlorate. Along with this they have forced paint manufactures to reduce the volatile substances in paint. I suspect the EU manufacturers like International, are stopping sales of the more hazardous older paint in the US, just in case someone decides to drink the stuff, then go across to the EU and sue.

I've seen comments on other forums, the first thing they do opening a tin of paint these days, is add thinners, to bring the volatile content back up..

A couple of years back they were talking of stopping the home application of Antifouling, luckily it didn't happen..

Unfortunately I can see the day when they ban non water based paints to the public..

I'm painting a crappy Capri 22. I just got the bottom cleaned up and the keel faired and primed. Maybe I'll just finish the bottom (Pettit Vivid) and paint the topsides next year. I have the boat hanging in a friends garage and he's probably like the space back at some point.

It seems like all the paint manufactureres have something new in no tip paint in the works so wait and see might be the best approach. 

20200808_213119.jpg.df420b931d30af633a4dbe23efb3999e.jpg

k.jpg.09ff026b31bac964be2875f9e8124381.jpg