Jump to content

Police beat innocent black man again


Recommended Posts

Not freely giving his name was stupid. The cops go from friendly to asshole in a big hurry when the people with whom they are dealing choose to make it into a confrontation. 
 yes.. the guy has rights

yes... odds are good the description was black fella 

yes also... the cops were looking for a wife beater and the urge to GET wife beaters hypes   up macho males. 
 

He should have told the cops who he was and Asked why he was being stopped then STFU.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to make a problem out of every situation. This of course applies to both sides.
I can understand both sides. The police, who are constantly afraid because every second person can have a gun, and the normal citizens who have to endure a lot under this paranoia. In my opinion, there is a lack of understanding for the other side.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zyklon said:

You don't have to make a problem out of every situation. This of course applies to both sides.
I can understand both sides. The police, who are constantly afraid because every second person can have a gun, and the normal citizens who have to endure a lot under this paranoia. In my opinion, there is a lack of understanding for the other side.

Of course ...

image.png.ccd2c148d2cd8107605e17fc3adc5a3e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

No. It's his right. 

Everyone wants to blame people for being angry/annoyed/fed up at police harassment. Fuck that and fuck the cops.

Yes!! It is his right!! Absolutely!! It is also your right to let go of the door as someone else approaches rather than linger a bit and hold it open.

The RIGHT to remain anonymous, when the cops think you are a wife beater, is certainly your right. 
 

That doesn’t make keeping your anonyminity a brilliant plan. 
 

The fool antagonized the cops. The cops went crazy. 
lose lose 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

The fool antagonized the cops. The cops went crazy. 
lose lose 

1. It should not be possible to antagonize cops. They should be dispassionate in their application of the law; 2. Cops should not be going "crazy"; 3. Do you really want  to live in a country where your failure to immediately comply with whatever the cops want and whatever they decide you should do, rightly or wrongly, will result in injury or death?

Do you know what countries like that are called?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

1. It should not be possible to antagonize cops. They should be dispassionate in their application of the law; 2. Cops should not be going "crazy"; 3. Do you really want  to live in a country where your failure to immediately comply with whatever the cops want and whatever they decide you should do, rightly or wrongly, will result in injury or death?

Do you know what countries like that are called?

USA it would seem.

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

1. It should not be possible to antagonize cops. They should be dispassionate in their application of the law; 2. Cops should not be going "crazy"; 3. Do you really want  to live in a country where your failure to immediately comply with whatever the cops want and whatever they decide you should do, rightly or wrongly, will result in injury or death?

Do you know what countries like that are called?

That's just your American culture.

Any American police officer would have to approach 99% of their encounters with people thinking that they may be armed with a firearm.

Remove the firearm from the equation and your police wouldn't have to be trained to think that way. 

America has a highly armed population, thats the real problem.  good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

I grew up in Ontario. You think it's that different?

So your a Canadian then.

If so, you would know that it's very rare for Canadian police to see guns in basic day to day police interactions.

Except when they may be dealing with established criminals with previous records. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Keith said:

If so, you would know that it's very rare for Canadian police to see guns in basic day to day police interactions.

Staring down the barrel of a Canadian cop's gun at age 10 maybe has tainted my view of this. I concede it's "better" but that's not saying much. 

Fuck the police.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Keith said:

So your a Canadian then.

If so, you would know that it's very rare for Canadian police to see guns in basic day to day police interactions.

Except when they may be dealing with established criminals with previous records. 

My son is a Mountie - 10 years service. He and I were talking about this yesterday. He has never used a weapon of any sort in that time. He has had his gun out in advance in sketchy situations a few times and has hung a few beatings on violent perps but never even used his baton or pepper spray.

In 10 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 11:43 PM, Gouvernail said:

Not freely giving his name was stupid. The cops go from friendly to asshole in a big hurry when the people with whom they are dealing choose to make it into a confrontation. 
 yes.. the guy has rights

yes... odds are good the description was black fella 

yes also... the cops were looking for a wife beater and the urge to GET wife beaters hypes   up macho males. 
 

He should have told the cops who he was and Asked why he was being stopped then STFU.

 

The officers were able to articulate reasonable suspicion of a crime.  That means he has to identify.  Then, he further resisted arrest.  Comply first, then sue for your rights later.  Better to get a sweet payday than a funeral.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DustyDreamer said:

Staring down the barrel of a Canadian cop's gun at age 10 maybe has tainted my view of this. I concede it's "better" but that's not saying much. 

Fuck the police.

How did you manage to “stare down the barrel of a Canadian cops gun at 10 years old”

enquiring minds need to know. 

The highly armed dangerous uncooperative American general population is entirely different than the non armed Canadian general population. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Keith said:

How did you manage to “stare down the barrel of a Canadian cops gun at 10 years old”

I had a wooden "gun" I made which looked nothing like a gun. It was actually reddish brown 'cause it came from an old porch board. My friend had a pellet rifle - one of those small ones for kids. We were playing in the woods and somebody called the cops. Many will want to excuse the cops for reacting that way, but 10 seconds observation would have made it clear what was happening and that we were not any kind of threat. This is 1970s semi-rural Ontario here. WTF did they think was happening? An armed terrorist insurrection? Instead they came in hyper-aggressive with weapons at the ready. And then they blamed us for "putting" them in that position. I remember distinctly the moment they were telling me to get on the ground and put my gun down - I was stunned and didn't react because I couldn't understand WTF they meant (what gun?) and the commands were contradictory. To a kid playing like we had for years, none of it made any sense. 

This was a valuable lesson in what's wrong with cops and cop mentality. 

Fuck the police. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Seems you drew the wrong conclusion from your experience 

have a seat or a place in the mob with your fellow loinfomo’s 

You are very quick to give up your rights and your freedom. I am not. You are too stupid to realize that when you cede authority you cannot guarantee you will retain "good compliant citizen" status. I am not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

I had a wooden "gun" I made which looked nothing like a gun. It was actually reddish brown 'cause it came from an old porch board. My friend had a pellet rifle - one of those small ones for kids. We were playing in the woods and somebody called the cops. Many will want to excuse the cops for reacting that way, but 10 seconds observation would have made it clear what was happening and that we were not any kind of threat. This is 1970s semi-rural Ontario here. WTF did they think was happening? An armed terrorist insurrection? Instead they came in hyper-aggressive with weapons at the ready. And then they blamed us for "putting" them in that position. I remember distinctly the moment they were telling me to get on the ground and put my gun down - I was stunned and didn't react because I couldn't understand WTF they meant (what gun?) and the commands were contradictory. To a kid playing like we had for years, none of it made any sense. 

This was a valuable lesson in what's wrong with cops and cop mentality. 

Fuck the police. 

Most people would call that a teachable moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Keith said:

Most people would call that a teachable moment.

Absolutely. It taught me that there you can be emulating what is glorified (war) but if you do it on your own terms you are wrong. Failure to comply and conform may lead to death. And it taught me that cops in general are fucking dumb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Suicide by Cop is on the rise.
That idiot in Kenosha knew he was going to prison because of the sexual assault arrest warrant. Now he is a disabled felon who will go free and get a huge payout.
I'm sure he will wish he was dead in a year.  Believe me when I say, being a paraplegic is not fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

Absolutely. It taught me that there you can be emulating what is glorified (war) but if you do it on your own terms you are wrong. Failure to comply and conform may lead to death. And it taught me that cops in general are fucking dumb. 

Not compared to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my basic point for the more obtuse among you. The citizenry has been very well trained to believe in the infallibility of law enforcement. We've been taught that the only real option is to accept that they are right and comply. It's true that's a good idea when you are seconds from dying... just sort it out later, but that doesn't make it right, it makes it even more wrong. It means that cops can be thugs and you are merely trusting that they will not break the law and make a victim of you when the evidence very much suggests this is wishful thinking. The cops routinely reinforce that they have independent authority when in fact that cannot and should not be the case - they merely enforce the authority of the citizenry. But we are being trained to "respect the authority" of the cops because  that's what criminal organizations and authoritarian thugs require. Being trained to believe that a child held a gun point is perfectly acceptable means that it's not a mental leap for you to believe that all victims are in the wrong. So when there is a clear and obvious systemic racial bias it's easily excused, as it has been forever, as somehow the people held at gun-point or outright murdered must have been doing something wrong. They deserved it, didn't they? This thinking applies broadly  - you might believe that someone accused of a crime must be guilty of it. Or that all people convicted or in jail must inherently deserve it... when if fact the system is very far from perfect and, like the police, requires constant scrutiny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

1. It should not be possible to antagonize cops. They should be dispassionate in their application of the law; 2. Cops should not be going "crazy"; 3. Do you really want  to live in a country where your failure to immediately comply with whatever the cops want and whatever they decide you should do, rightly or wrongly, will result in injury or death?

Do you know what countries like that are called?

You are deliberately and foolishly misinterpreting my remarks 

I think big wild animals  look wonderfully cuddly and playing with their giant soft paws would be fun. It would be wonderful if we could play with lions and bears.

People choose to be cops. They are not drafted. People who choose an occupation generally see rewards associated with having that occupation. 
Being  paid is only one of the rewards sought by most of us. 
 

Cops get to tell people what to do. They get to carry weapons and drive powerful fast vehicles. The get to hear people call them sir or ma’am. They get to decide what happens next in a whole lot of situations. 
 

Some are attracted to the occupation by the possIbility they might get to save our society a whole lot of grief by exterminating bad guys.

Some get off on the pure power given to them by the uniform and badge. 
 

Certainly there are some who simply want to serve,  protect, and get a paycheck. A lot of small town and rural cops really are Andy of Mayberry but, the job ATTRACTS those who want a whole lot of mental rewards we wish were not mental rewards at all.

The simple truth is, “The cop with whom you next interact may be a person who longs to have an excuse to beat the fuck out of somebody.”

Maybe next year we can figure out a way to get those guys out of the police work field but TODAY there is something called practicality which may be vital to personal survival. 
 

Messing with cops is about as smart as messing with lions and bears. 

Have you ever encountered a great big athletic drunk who asked if you wanted to fight? Have you heard, “Hey muthafukka!! Don’t you just ignore me and walk away.”

One effective answer is, “Dude!! I just got out of the hospital. I couldn’t win a fight with a little kid. Sorry man but I wouldn’t be any fun at all.”

refocusing...

If you want to live a long pleasant life, you need to avoid or extract yourself from unwinable  situations. 
 

There is a huge distance on the spectrum between pleasantly  telling a couple cops your real name and giving away all your rights to a police state. 
 

back to cops and cooperating:

The worst outcome of cooperation is always a very real possibility. 
The cops want to catch the bad guy and they don’t ever want to have to admit they arrested the wrong guy. Some will make the arrested guy fit the crime and the crime fit the arrested guy. The county legal system just to the north of my home put a man in jail for 25 years while the murderer remained free and killed another person. 
  Our law enforcement system is far from perfect. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

I had a wooden "gun" I made which looked nothing like a gun. It was actually reddish brown 'cause it came from an old porch board. My friend had a pellet rifle - one of those small ones for kids. We were playing in the woods and somebody called the cops. Many will want to excuse the cops for reacting that way, but 10 seconds observation would have made it clear what was happening and that we were not any kind of threat. This is 1970s semi-rural Ontario here. WTF did they think was happening? An armed terrorist insurrection? Instead they came in hyper-aggressive with weapons at the ready. And then they blamed us for "putting" them in that position. I remember distinctly the moment they were telling me to get on the ground and put my gun down - I was stunned and didn't react because I couldn't understand WTF they meant (what gun?) and the commands were contradictory. To a kid playing like we had for years, none of it made any sense. 

This was a valuable lesson in what's wrong with cops and cop mentality. 

Fuck the police. 

Wow, surreal.  Over in semi-rural Quebec, my friends and I used to play with some very realistic toy guns, in the 70's... never an issue.  Go plinking with my BB gun... never an issue.  When my big brother would agree to come along to "supervise" (he'd actually wander off to meet girls, rejoin us later), we'd plink with an actual .22... also never an issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

@DustyDreamer 

We are not disagreeing 

I know. I just would really like people to ask themselves why they must comply or die and why they accept that as normal. I mean, look at this:

11 minutes ago, nacradriver said:


Think about this if you ever need to call 9-1-1

So the bargain is: comply or die or when you need us to actually do our jobs we might not. Honestly, if that's the extortion at hand, we'd be better off asking what cops are good for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few situations some police find themselves in while policing daily in your average American cities.

"Gunman arrested after shooting two St. Louis police officers; one officer critical"

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/gunman-shoots-wounds-two-st-louis-police-officers-responding-to-call-one-officer-critical/article_aca46ef4-c749-561f-928f-3054ccf32df5.html

"2 Chicago police officers, suspect wounded in West Side shootout"

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/8/30/21407345/chicago-police-officers-suspect-shot-homan-square-west-side-polk-spaulding

 

The highly armed American population is a very serious safety issue for the average unarmed American citizens and the police just trying to do their daily job.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilmington's finest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/25/wilmington-racist-police-recording/

Sitting in his patrol car in Wilmington, N.C., Officer Michael “Kevin” Piner predicted Black Lives Matter protests would soon lead to civil war. “I’m ready,” Piner told another officer, adding that he planned to buy an assault rifle.

 

“We are just going to go out and start slaughtering them f------ n------,” he said.

The shocking threat came amid extended, openly racist conversations between Piner, 44, and two other police officers, 50-year-old Cpl. Jesse E. Moore II, and 48-year-old Officer James “Brian” Gilmore. In the discussions, taped by accident on a patrol car camera and released Wednesday by the department, the men freely drop racial slurs, suggest killing black residents and deride protesters.

 

“Wipe 'em off the f------ map,” Piner said of African Americans. “That’ll put 'em back about four or five generations.”

 

All three officers were fired Wednesday, with new Wilmington Police Chief Donny Williams, who is black, calling the conversations “brutally offensive.”

“This is the most exceptional and difficult case I have encountered in my career,” said Williams, who was just hired as chief on Tuesday. “We must establish new reforms for policing here at home and throughout this country.”

The officers’ vile discussions came to light purely by chance. On June 4, a sergeant was conducting routine video reviews when she found a nearly two-hour long clip from Piner’s cruiser created by an “accidental activation,” according to a department report. After listening to the racist discussion, she alerted a superior who started an internal investigation.

 

Piner, a Wilmington police officer since 1998, began the recording by expressing his fury about the ongoing protests against police brutality and racial injustice in the wake of George Floyd’s death. Speaking to Gilmore, who had apparently pulled his cruiser up alongside Piner’s car, he complained that local police only cared about “kneeling down with the black folks.”

Gilmore, hired by the department in 1997, said that whites were now “worshiping blacks,” adding he’d seen a video of a “fine looking white girl and this little punk pretty boy bowing down and kissing their toes.”

 

The two then complained about black officers on the force, calling one a “piece of s---” and complaining that another was “sitting on his a--” during the protests. “Let’s see how his boys take care of him when s--- gets rough, see if they don’t put a bullet in his head,” Piner said.

 

Piner soon left to check out an alarm, investigators found. Later, Moore, who also was hired in 1997, called him to describe a recent arrest of a black woman, repeatedly calling her a racial slur.

“She needed a bullet in the head right then and move on,” Moore said of the woman. “Let’s move the body out of the way and keep going.”

Later, while complaining about a black judge whom Moore called a “f------ negro magistrate,” Moore added, “It’s bad man because not all black people are like that.”

“Most of 'em,” Piner responded.

 

“90 percent of 'em, Kevin, 90 f------ percent of 'em,” Moore said.

Soon, Piner turned the conversation to his belief that a civil war was imminent and his intention to buy high-powered weaponry. After saying he was ready to “slaughter” black people, he added, “God I can’t wait."

 

“You’re crazy,” Moore responded, before the recording shut off.

On June 9, Internal Affairs investigators confronted the men with the recording. They admitted to having the conversations, but the officers each characterized it as “venting” and blamed the “stress of today’s climate in law enforcement,” investigators wrote.

Moore and Gilmore argued they were “not racist,” with Moore adding he “doesn’t normally speak like that but was feeding off Officer Piner,” according to the investigators. Piner, meanwhile, said the tape was “embarrassing” and suggested concerns for his family’s safety had led him to a “breaking point.”

 

Williams, the chief, said he would ensure none of the men could be rehired by the city and would ask state officials to review their law enforcement certifications. He said he would consult with prosecutors about potential criminal charges against the three men, and would ask them to review whether any of the former officers had shown bias toward criminal defendants in the past.

“There are certain behaviors that one must have in order to be a police officer, and these three officers have demonstrated that they do not possess it,” Williams said. “When I first learned of these conversations, I was shocked, saddened and disgusted. There is no place for this behavior in our agency or our city, and it will not be tolerated.”

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 8:21 PM, Keith said:

That's just your American culture.

Any American police officer would have to approach 99% of their encounters with people thinking that they may be armed with a firearm.

Remove the firearm from the equation and your police wouldn't have to be trained to think that way. 

America has a highly armed population, thats the real problem.  good luck.

It just pisses me off when you criticize my backward, ignorant culture.

Please just be nice while we piss on the dishes.

Goodness man, we just want to shit on everyone and laugh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

Care to elaborate? 

Sure.

You are posting moranic shit.

Police recruits are tested for intelligence.

Res ipsa loquiter they are not as fucking dumb as you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Sure.

You are posting moranic shit.

Police recruits are tested for intelligence.

Res ipsa loquiter they are not as fucking dumb as you.

Some might be. Depending on country.

Here the scale pretty much went:

Brightest cohort went to university.

Next to teacher's colleges/colleges of advanced education.

Next to technical and further education/apprenticeships.

After that, police. Maybe. About on a par with enlisted military recruiting, definitely not officer level. Promotion by time served provided no major fuck-ups.

So an IQ around average but not much more at entry level. Judging by the level of stupidity that's shown I doubt things have changed any. I've respect for the difficulty of the job but not a huge amount for the average cop, frankly.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Some might be. Depending on country.

Here the scale pretty much went:

Brightest cohort went to university.

Next to teacher's colleges/colleges of advanced education.

Next to technical and further education/apprenticeships.

After that, police. Maybe. About on a par with enlisted military recruiting, definitely not officer level. Promotion by time served provided no major fuck-ups.

So an IQ around average but not much more at entry level. Judging by the level of stupidity that's shown I doubt things have changed any. I've respect for the difficulty of the job but not a huge amount for the average cop, frankly.

FKT

When was that? 1975? :D 

"teachers colleges" FFS:rolleyes:

They are all Universities now. 

Police recruitment process in Victoria can take more than 6  months and under 21, you need to have done your VCE

There is no one key attribute, skill or experience that we look for in candidates, instead it’s your overall suitability for the Police role that will improve your competitiveness. The recruitment process can take in excess of six months to complete and assesses key competencies encompassing intellect, psychological make-up, general fitness, work history, community involvement and medical and prior offence history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

When was that? 1975? :D 

"teachers colleges" FFS:rolleyes:

They are all Universities now. 

Police recruitment process in Victoria can take more than 6  months and under 21, you need to have done your VCE

There is no one key attribute, skill or experience that we look for in candidates, instead it’s your overall suitability for the Police role that will improve your competitiveness. The recruitment process can take in excess of six months to complete and assesses key competencies encompassing intellect, psychological make-up, general fitness, work history, community involvement and medical and prior offence history.

Long time ago yeah, but I doubt the fundamental hierarchy of intelligence/requirements have changed at all. Most cops aren't all that bright and there's no real reason why they should be; a lot of their work is repetitive and boring.

Of course back then only maybe 10% or less went to university anyway as they hadn't been debased by including teacher's colleges, CAE's and technology institutes as universities. Now it's even worse as they dropped standards even further in the pursuit of foreign students with low standards of spoken/written English but deep (parents') pockets. Chickens coming home to roost ATM.

2 of my children are employees of the G8 universities and the eldest used to be before deciding there were more challenges & less shit in the private sector. Not to mention money. And my first wife is a professor at one & associate with teaching/PhD supervision rights at others so I hear a lot about the current state. So I've a fair idea what's what.

From your own quote, all a police wannabe needs is a VCE. Doesn't even state how good a pass it needs to be.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Long time ago yeah, but I doubt the fundamental hierarchy of intelligence/requirements have changed at all. Most cops aren't all that bright and there's no real reason why they should be; a lot of their work is repetitive and boring.

Of course back then only maybe 10% or less went to university anyway as they hadn't been debased by including teacher's colleges, CAE's and technology institutes as universities. Now it's even worse as they dropped standards even further in the pursuit of foreign students with low standards of spoken/written English but deep (parents') pockets. Chickens coming home to roost ATM.

2 of my children are employees of the G8 universities and the eldest used to be before deciding there were more challenges & less shit in the private sector. Not to mention money. And my first wife is a professor at one & associate with teaching/PhD supervision rights at others so I hear a lot about the current state. So I've a fair idea what's what.

From your own quote, all a police wannabe needs is a VCE. Doesn't even state how good a pass it needs to be.

FKT

My Daughter's 4th year Bachelor Ed. It's bloody hard work and a lot of it.

As for police cadets only needing an ATAR under 21. That's probably not a bad thing. There's many people with not much formal education but excellent street cred make excellent cops. The recruitment process weeds hopefully weeds out those that want to be cops for all the wrong reasons. That's Victoria anyway and I've never en counted a cop under 40 here in Victoria, that hasn't been well and truly up to the job in a difficult demographic. 30 years ago?  different times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Sure.

You are posting moranic shit.

Police recruits are tested for intelligence.

Res ipsa loquiter they are not as fucking dumb as you.

 

So an IQ around average

You prove my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to me like we could run the "Cops Beat/Shoot/Kill a black man" pretty much daily.

It's like 1000 daily covid deaths and multiple mass shootings/day.

Trump's America. Not Biden's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

Sorry you got triggered. Maybe you're a cop... they sure are sensitive and insecure.

Reading's not your strong suit is it?

Try post 18 again.

You can move your lips if you have to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Reading's not your strong suit is it?

Try post 18 again.

You can move your lips if you have to.

Actually I missed that one. This does help explain your reaction.

I think it should be self-evident that any characterization of cops as universally stupid is in fact a generalization. Your son may not be a moron or an asshole. I do a fair amount of volunteer work that involves working closely with federal law enforcement and ends up putting me in social situations with cops on occasion, so I see them both in and out of uniform and completely outside situations in which they are pointing a gun at me or writing me a ticket. Despite this I stand by my assessment but would like to clarify - I view cops as victims too. They are part of this authoritarian power structure that brainwashes them. Maybe the Mounties are an exception to this - it's clearly and obviously not as bad as here in the US. But the mentality exists universally and it's inherent in what "law enforcement" is - a means of social control by the economic and political elite and over which the citizenry have little or no say. I've little doubt that if your son thought about it from the perspective of your average citizen, if he's an intelligent thoughtful person, he might acknowledge this. I know the LEs I engage with do, and some of them are not even assholes. Or especially stupid. They've sometimes been the first to point out the the profession attracts and fosters "a certain kind".

Link to post
Share on other sites

"law enforcement" is - a means of social control by the economic and political elite and over which the citizenry have little or no say.

:lol: You must really enjoy reading Shorty's posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, Gouvernail said:

Yes!! It is his right!! Absolutely!! It is also your right to let go of the door as someone else approaches rather than linger a bit and hold it open.

The RIGHT to remain anonymous, when the cops think you are a wife beater, is certainly your right. 
 

That doesn’t make keeping your anonyminity a brilliant plan. 
 

The fool antagonized the cops. The cops went crazy. 
lose lose 

 

Yep.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Looks to me like we could run the "Cops Beat/Shoot/Kill a black man" pretty much daily.

It's like 1000 daily covid deaths and multiple mass shootings/day.

Trump's America. Not Biden's.

Cops beat/shoot/kill white/red/Asian man every day too.

Biden was the guy in the ‘90s who led the drive to lock up the “predators”.  It’s Biden’s world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 2:00 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Some might be. Depending on country.

Here the scale pretty much went:

Brightest cohort went to university.

Next to teacher's colleges/colleges of advanced education.

Next to technical and further education/apprenticeships.

After that, police. Maybe. About on a par with enlisted military recruiting, definitely not officer level. Promotion by time served provided no major fuck-ups.

So an IQ around average but not much more at entry level. Judging by the level of stupidity that's shown I doubt things have changed any. I've respect for the difficulty of the job but not a huge amount for the average cop, frankly.

FKT

So cops have average IQs? About the same as you then? 
 

you want the best and brightest as cops? Pay them best and brightest wages.  That will instantly make instant jump in quality of applicants.  Personally I want cops who aren’t afraid to thump some heads when needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 11:46 AM, DustyDreamer said:

I had a wooden "gun" I made which looked nothing like a gun. It was actually reddish brown 'cause it came from an old porch board. My friend had a pellet rifle - one of those small ones for kids. We were playing in the woods and somebody called the cops. Many will want to excuse the cops for reacting that way, but 10 seconds observation would have made it clear what was happening and that we were not any kind of threat. This is 1970s semi-rural Ontario here. WTF did they think was happening? An armed terrorist insurrection? Instead they came in hyper-aggressive with weapons at the ready. And then they blamed us for "putting" them in that position. I remember distinctly the moment they were telling me to get on the ground and put my gun down - I was stunned and didn't react because I couldn't understand WTF they meant (what gun?) and the commands were contradictory. To a kid playing like we had for years, none of it made any sense. 

This was a valuable lesson in what's wrong with cops and cop mentality. 

Fuck the police. 

If you were playing in the woods in rural Ontario who the fuck would had seen you?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...