They're Dreaming

They've misread what clients in that size/price range want. 

A minimum of one helipad. A hidden garage and extending roll-on-roll-off ramp for the custom Lamborghini or Rolls. They don't want to sail at 50 knots, the lobsters and cocaine would blow off the table, not to mention the owner's hairpiece.

If it could take off and fly and had laser cannons, they might get a few orders.

• Like 5

Watched the video again. Why do all the men have a phone at their ear and the women are all in bikinis? Why do I keep visualizing Darth Vader pacing up and down behind the helmsman?

4 hours ago, yl75 said:

If VPLP put their name on it I guess it makes sense (in terms of filthy rich stuff), that is it should indeed be able to fully foil

Having VPLP as part of the design team does give it some credence, but I think it is a bit of a halo project for the other smaller boats they are going to release details of soon.. ish.. 

I have a scientific American magazine dated Feb 1957. On the front cover there is a pic of a car with 4 rocket engines in place of wheels and the caption, transport 10 years from now. I put this bit of CAD work in the same category.

A typical superyacht guest complement of rich old guys and botox-ed trophy wives/sluts wouldn't take very kindly to being told: "We're going to foil at 50 knots now. Please put on your crash helmets and strap yourselves into those seats. It's going to be wild!"

4 hours ago, Happy said:

A typical superyacht guest complement of rich old guys and botox-ed trophy wives/sluts wouldn't take very kindly to being told: "We're going to foil at 50 knots now. Please put on your crash helmets and strap yourselves into those seats. It's going to be wild!"

Why ? When the F50 foil it looks very stable (same for AC75 in fact), and I guess this thing wouldn't be meant to do foiling tacks or jibes