I've got the daggerboard and that's a start

I've been gifted this beautiful aluminum daggerboard now I just need to find the boat it fits into. It was in a storage unit of a friend who passed on who wasn't a sailor but had lots of mostly power boat stuff. It measures 43 1/4"L x 12 3/4"W .really nicely shaped, whatever design boat this fits has got to be pretty cool. Anyone know what my Cinderella boat might be? 

20200901_144413.jpg

16 hours ago, boatbore said:

I've been gifted this beautiful aluminum daggerboard now I just need to find the boat it fits into. It was in a storage unit of a friend who passed on who wasn't a sailor but had lots of mostly power boat stuff. It measures 43 1/4"L x 12 3/4"W .really nicely shaped, whatever design boat this fits has got to be pretty cool. Anyone know what my Cinderella boat might be? 

20200901_144413.jpg

There's a couple of youtube channels that have "turned a rusty old nail, with $20K of machinery, into a samurai sword". 

12 hours ago, European Bloke said:

When people realised that aluminium was a shit material to make dinghy foils from they ditched it.

It's particularly bad because the aluminum had a tendency to soften, and even melt, from the heat on high speed reaches.

Had to learn this lesson the hard way with the SR-71, too

1 hour ago, boatbore said:

Okay, so I shall forge this retched daggerboard into a plowshare 

You, sir, are much too learned and literary to be slumming here. Git thee behind me!

FB- Doug

• Like 2
22 hours ago, rcbrds said:

It seems that you've been storing that little piece of information for 50 years, just waiting for the question to be asked.  Very impressive.

I wrestled with them a for a summer long ago teaching sailing on a P Cat.

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 3:02 PM, boatbore said:

20200901_144413.jpg

Polish it up and it could make a nice trophy. P Cat Club Champion?

On 9/5/2020 at 12:48 AM, CaptainAhab said:

Somebody once gave me a car steering wheel. It’s very flash and expensive looking. I’ve never been able to find the car. What should I do with it? 

I think I have three of the hub caps for that car

FB- Doug