When offered the Vaccine, will you take it?

12 minutes ago, Wess said:

Right over the top. Wonder if she felt the breeze.

So my repeated question about why you have a Drivers License also went over the top?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The private sector has embarked on a major campaign to reassure the public that they will not release a vaccine until they are confident it is safe and effective. We can expect a joint statement from

As many of you know I am right of center politically.  I dont think vaccines are a political issue or at least they should not be.  My family are all vaccinated. I tried to think of how I should

You are such a bag of shit wrapped in a thin veneer of pseudo self esteem. You are a walking around killer of strangers free riding on those who got vaccinated. Sponger.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, random. said:

So my repeated question about why you have a Drivers License also went over the top?

Did you just out your sock(s) silly pig?

9 hours ago, Wess said:

It’s not nice or slimy. It is what it is. Forever and ever people have and will find a way to do what they want in the face of government’s over reach and restrictions on freedoms.  It’s how this country was founded.

Personally I would prefer to see it done through the court (and the Supreme Court has started to come out against these restrictions re worship) but equally I don’t care if somebody fakes a vaccine card. The courts often fail (see BLM). But even
in my very blue state and down the courts have stopped some covid restrictions. 

You guys all pick sides and see black and white. I see grey and favor people doing what is best for them. 

You would not understand or agree but if I was on the jury not a single Jan 6th or BLM protester would be convicted.

I guess if you just keep running those yellow/red lights, you might just get T boned as well....

But carry on, Its the American way.

Education, knowledge ? who needs it, right?

OMG this is fun.

Is anybody who is so scared and concerned here - anyone who is so in favor of all these restrictions and mandates - actually tracking the daily death numbers? 

Asking because you know we are at the stage where there are likely more people dying daily from diabetes for gosh sake to put it into perspective.

Think about that.  You fatties have more of a risk of dying from your fatty lifestyle than you do of covid.  Maybe instead of sitting on your couch you should get up, get outside and away from your fridge, and go run a few miles!

I am in favor of forced exercise instead of supersize for fattys!!

No bars, dinners out, or travel until you fatties can run a mile in less than 7 minutes, do 50 pushup and 100 sit-ups. 

Hell, you should not even be allowed to drive due to your greater risk of a heart attack... you could crash and kill somebody.

Get to work fatties!!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Wess said:

OMG this is fun.

Is anybody who is so scared and concerned here - anyone who is so in favor of all these restrictions and mandates - actually tracking the daily death numbers? 

Asking because you know we are at the stage where there are likely more people dying daily from diabetes for gosh sake to put it into perspective.

Think about that.  You fatties have more of a risk of dying from your fatty lifestyle than you do of covid.  Maybe instead of sitting on your couch you should get up, get outside and away from your fridge, and go run a few miles!

I am in favor of forced exercise instead of supersize for fattys!!

No bars, dinners out, or travel until you fatties can run a mile in less than 7 minutes, do 50 pushup and 100 sit-ups. 

Hell, you should not even be allowed to drive due to your greater risk of a heart attack... you could crash and kill somebody.

Get to work fatties!!

For someone that made 17+ posts spread evenly over an 8 hour period yesterday you seem to spend an awful lot of time at the keyboard mate.

assuming you spend at least some of your 24 hours working and sleeping.

Yea but I can easily pass the run, push-up and sit-up standard so I am free.

I haven't posted on this thread in a while.

The arguments go round and round. The facts remain the same. Whatever your political views and whatever your definition of freedom, this is a medical issue.  The best medical advice is to get vaccinated against covid 19.

I am on staff/affilaited at two hospitals in CT. They are seeing a sharp pick up again in hospitalization for covid.  This is after a relatively quiet early Summer.  The data will lag because it is only reported once a week on Thursday. The Delta variant is clearly more infectious and spurring an increase. They are reporting a higher intake in younger and middle aged, previously lower risk patients, than prior waves . I have no idea where this goes. Our state has done a better job than many in vaccination. Nevertheless I have accelerated some of my elective surgery to avoid any hospital crowding. 

The advice remains the same.......please get vaccinated.   Its not a political thing. You can find other ways to express your freedom. It is simple, old fashioned honest health advice.  

I read all this debate on this thread about mandating the vaccine.  I am certainly no expert on the legal ins and outs. The state has told us that we can require employees to be vaccinated. Our hospitals have all required vaccination. All of my staff have been vaccinated for some time and we have chosen to require vaccination for any future medical and administrative team members. It creates a safer environment for our patients and ourselves. We feel good about it. The ages range from 23 to 60, and I repeat all of us,  feel good about this.  

There has also been debate on this forum since I was last here about vaccine passes for customers etc.  This is not an option for me.   I am a doctor. I must and will see patients whether they are vaccinated or not.  I am not thrilled about it.  But I am not their PCP and its not my job to advise them. We publicly state that all our staff are vaccinated and hope that sets a good example.  We continue to require that all patients wear a mask at all times. We continue to wear masks in the presence of patients.    All patients must be tested before surgery . 

We have a form where patients write if they have had any covid symptoms and if they have been vaccinated but we dont ask for proof and we dont decline any patient.   Based on the forms over 80% of my patient population has been vaccinated. Im not claiming it is a reliable statistic but its much higher than the state average.

and with that brief update from one small  healthcare provider in one corner of the USA, I must get going.

Please put aside ideology and consider getting your family vaccinated. The vaccines have been going into arms for 13 months (trials + widespread vaccination). I believe that the rank and file of the FDA are honest men and women who take their jobs seriously and would alert us about safety issues with the vaccines. (They have already highlighted rare adverse effects so that doctors can llook out for them and address them promptly)   Everyone I know who has been vaccinated describes the feeling as "liberating".  

Nobody on this thread is going to change their minds. Im not looking for an argument....just updating on my views and how I am putting them into practice. 

Good luck out there. Stay safe!

• Like 6

A good friend works for the company that runs the National Geographic expedition cruises. They have 10 ships that goes to places like Antarctica , Alaska and Galapagos and reopened in June.  

They have a strict vaccination policy. All crew members must be vaccinated. All passengers over the age of 12 must be vaccinated.

All passengers must take a covid test 4-5 days prior and on the day of boarding.

They want to create a safe experience where you can feel safe on the ship and travel to adventurous places in a secure covid free ship.  It is working and they are busy accepting bookings.

He says, they have taken the view that this is not going away soon and that the new normal for their business will include vaccination.  They also run a wilderness trekking business.  Same thing. People want to escape to the wilderness but only with other people who have been vaccinated .   

So I think we have started to see employers require vaccination , and we have started to service providers attract customers by offering a vaccine protected experience. 

3 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

. All of my staff have been vaccinated for some time and we have chosen to require vaccination for any future medical and administrative team members. It creates a safer environment for our patients and ourselves.

May I ask

1. Have you actually turned away a qualified candidate that you may have otherwise hired because they were not vaccinated?  Or is this a policy you havent had to apply yet.

2. If you do turn someone away, will you explain why or just tell them they didnt get the job?     Do you expect any repercussions?

5 minutes ago, IPLore said:

May I ask

1. Have you actually turned away a qualified candidate that you may have otherwise hired because they were not vaccinated?  Or is this a policy you havent had to apply yet.

2. If you do turn someone away, will you explain why or just tell them they didnt get the job?     Do you expect any repercussions?

#1   Yes.  

#2  Yes, Explained. She understood and was fine with it.

The candidate was studying to be RN.  Incidentally the nursing school has announced all students need to be vaccinated .

• Like 1

Irony says anti vax argument is right. Covid is like the flu.... yep, if you are vaccinated.
Italian news;

Almost 99% of Covid deaths in Italy since February were among not fully vaccinated, say authorities

Almost 99% people who have died of Covid-19 in Italy since February this year were not fully vaccinated, the National Health Institute (ISS) has said.

The study, contained in a regular report on Covid-19 deaths released by the public health body, added that the few fully vaccinated people who died of Covid were also significantly older than those who died without full vaccination, at 88.6 years of age versus 80.

Reuters reports that they also had more underlying health problems before contracting the virus.

The flu was worse and I had covid. Before you ever heard of a vaccine never mind Operation Warpspeed.

1 hour ago, Wess said:

The flu was worse and I had covid. Before you ever heard of a vaccine never mind Operation Warpspeed.

Some people get cancer and survive it, some die because of it. No rhyme or reason to it. Same with Covid. Why not take the vaccine to better your odds?

1 hour ago, Wess said:

WessGrimReaper.png.0a37450f89e4d16172e3c979a5794751.png

3 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

A lot of us have @Wess on ignore.  Kindly stop quoting him so we don't have to keep reading his stuff.  

I don't have anybody on ignore. I've seen enough of those childish memes though. How about you do the right thing as well?

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

A lot of us have @Wess on ignore.  Kindly stop quoting him so we don't have to keep reading his stuff.  

A lot of us have randumb on ignore. Kindly stop quoting him so we don't have to keep being bored by his memes.  

FKT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

A lot of us have randumb on ignore. Kindly stop quoting him so we don't have to keep being bored by his memes.  

FKT

peek-a-boo-i-see-you-peek-a-boo-i-509039

19 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:
20 hours ago, IPLore said:

May I ask

#1   Yes.  

#2  Yes, Explained. She understood and was fine with it.

The candidate was studying to be RN.  Incidentally the nursing school has announced all students need to be vaccinated .

I was sitting in a board meeting yesterday and discussing issues with a local business.... vaccination of employees was discussed, resulting in two board members exclaiming that "requiring vaccination was a HIPAA violation" etc etc. Normally I keep quiet but in this case it was going to be harmful to let decisions be made on misinfo, so I provided them some info on what HIPAA actually does and vaccine legal status.

Good thing about participating in these threads, if I had not already seen such an outpouring of anti-vax idiocy, I would not have a practiced, brief, spiel on the topic.

- DSK

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

I was sitting in a board meeting yesterday and discussing issues with a local business.... vaccination of employees was discussed, resulting in two board members exclaiming that "requiring vaccination was a HIPAA violation" etc etc. Normally I keep quiet but in this case it was going to be harmful to let decisions be made on misinfo, so I provided them some info on what HIPAA actually does and vaccine legal status.

Good thing about participating in these threads, if I had not already seen such an outpouring of anti-vax idiocy, I would not have a practiced, brief, spiel on the topic.

- DSK

HIPAA is about privacy. The precedent for disclosing vaccines is well established. All schools have required vaccination certificates for years.

• Like 3

Gotta love an echo chamber.

image.png.38d61473a4c78a016b319fd470ea81cd.png

So you think yesterday's mask up announcement ad the rationale given for it will help et more folks vaccinated or turn them off?

9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Normally I keep quiet but in this case it was going to be harmful to let decisions be made on misinfo, so I provided them some info on what HIPAA actually does and vaccine legal status.

I was at sailing a few weeks ago and while sitting around talking the vaccination subject came up.  Most there had at least one shot, some two. 

One guy went quiet, and when asked he said "I'm going to wait till they complete Phase 4 trials."

I asked "So what are Phase 4 trials?"

He didn't know.

@Wess is here to spread Trump bullshit.

I like how he admits that if he was on jury, he would not listen to the evidence!

Wessterrist.png.87740c8a37ec53aa3cd2febe20f247b2.png

14 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

More bullshit - the graph posted above is only for deaths which always lag new cases by weeks or longer.  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html  Here is a link to all of their data including graphs which actually include new cases.

Hmmm....

image.png.2d2cb9d9214b3238229233fda0974b1c.png

image.png.8a047511e4b29ebb79f65b018293ba1d.png

Meanwhile every hospital in and around Indianapolis was on divert because they are full up and short on nurses.  

When I was working COVID nobody had the vaccine. Whereas now people are choosing.  Seems like nurses that went threw the hell of the last 18 months are fleeing bedside.  I hope the anti vaxxers enjoy boarding in the ER and laying in their own piss and feces. 

https://fox59.com/news/indianapolis-area-hospitals-diverting-patients-due-to-staffing-shortage/

• Like 1

I have no idea which nutter news site he gets his crap from but even his latest is misleading since it flattens the bottom to create the impression that stats are almost zero. Bullshitters gotta bullshit I suppose. It only takes a moment to find the actual data reported across numerous sites and for aholes who choose to downplay the virus it isn't good.

edit: after a quick check? Latest day deaths?  it appears he decided to post UK graphs since he and most of us live in the USA.

Unless something changes dramatically and soon we will be back to 1000 dead a day and likely not going to top out until it hits 2000.  Of course it's just the flu, right? The link I provided has all the graphs and data for the US if anyone is interested.

OMG you dopes. It’s the most left wing biased source you can find. Can’t your read? It’s the freaking NYT. Your bible LOL.

• Like 1

On June 13 we were under 10,000 cases per day. 6 weeks later we are 84,000 per day.

Each case infecting >1 , despite that fact that close to half the population is vaccinated, and another 10+% have been infected.  The R factor when this lands among unvaccinated populations with no immunity will be devastating. Aussie needs to keep their doors locked until they get shots in arms.

12 minutes ago, Wess said:

Thank God for natural immunity.

WessGrimReaper.png.0a37450f89e4d16172e3c979a5794751.png

15 hours ago, IPLore said:

The R factor when this lands among unvaccinated populations with no immunity will be devastating. Aussie needs to keep their doors locked until they get shots in arms.

Aussies in NSW need to stop going to multiple shopping centers until they get 2  shots in arms.  

Once again Israel leading the vaccine push, now allowing and pushing for booster shots for anyone over 60. Time for the US to follow suit since the covidiots will not even get their first shot. Let the rest of us protect ourselves.

1 hour ago, TheDragon said:

Once again Israel leading the vaccine push, now allowing and pushing for booster shots for anyone over 60. Time for the US to follow suit since the covidiots will not even get their first shot. Let the rest of us protect ourselves.

We’ll be ready. We are both well over 65, and were fully vaccinated (Pfizer) back in February.

We are used to yearly flu vaccinations , and both grew up in the military (USMC and USAF), went through a full board of vaccinations before circumnavigating, so we are used to being human pin cushions. I still remember standing in line for the Salk vaccine on base in Germany in the 1950s, when I was in grade school.

it never even occurred to us not to get vaccinated. It was life-saving.

Growing up with the real risk of something like polio will make you a believer in the benefits of vaccines.

I have zero sympathy for the doubters, most have whom have already been immunized against a host of childhood diseases that are now effectively eradicated in the developed world.

Count your blessings.

• Like 2

Too tired to rant properly: 

Tomorrow should be interesting, in a short handed frustrating kind of way,    A young new employee, still living with a parent, contacted her supervisor,    Her parent is covid positive.   Being a young adult in Rep Jim Jordan /  Trump territory, the employee of course didn’t get vaccinated despite experience with other vaccines.    A surprise for her manager, another CoViD minimizer who enjoyed a paid covid vacation as reward for a tinder date:

• it’s no longer a paid vacation, mostly subsidized on the taxpayer’s dollar.
  • maybe it will make her sick, or worse?  Maybe her parent will have consequences?
  • if she was vaccinated I could still let him/her work.
  • presumably she is stuck living with a sick parent in the delta era.

She has potential, I hope she doesn’t have much of a lesson.    I told the unvaccinated manager it was poor planning on her part and she won’t be the last.   I did offer a vaccine bonus, trying to bribe people out of stupidity,   I may have influenced one person.     Somehow we made it this far with no illness, no complete shutdowns (Ohio health departments shut down small businesses with positives but generally left big companies alone)  a handful of paid vacations and some temporary layoffs when the governor tried to bankrupt us.    Some layoffs decided they liked not working in the era of free money.    The next month will be interesting but I’ve held the balance of a PPP loan in reserve for this wave.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Melibob said:

Off topic, but what happened to KSFB?

Step on a rake?

refused tetanus shot and died?

Flicked.

Our last conversation was me calling him an idiot and telling him to fuck off.

I expect he reported me and got flicked for his effort.

Because, fuck I love this place!

• Like 1

Perhaps forced into a vaccine Nazi concentration camp for refusing government mandated science experiment. 

24 minutes ago, Wess said:

Perhaps forced into a vaccine Nazi concentration camp for refusing government mandated science experiment. 

There may be treatments available to help with your paranoia. But of course those treatments are part of a global conspiracy to steal what’s left of your perceived freedom from any societal constraints.

1 minute ago, accnick said:

There may be treatments available to help with your paranoia. But of course those treatments are part of a global conspiracy to steal what’s left of your perceived freedom from any societal constraints.

LOL I believe that exact thing has been proposed by various government officials... under the heading of "re-education."

Perhaps you could call those places internment camps. That too has a place in US history.

2 hours ago, Wess said:

LOL I believe that exact thing has been proposed by various government officials... under the heading of "re-education."

Perhaps you could call those places internment camps. That too has a place in US history.

I can’t imagine where we would be at this stage of the pandemic without the available vaccines. 

29 minutes ago, Sean said:

I can’t imagine where we would be at this stage of the pandemic without the available vaccines. 

"Bring Out Your Dead"

bring-out-yer-dead-1-860x350.jpg

People who do not study... or "believe in" ... history are condemned to repeat it.

- DSK

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

"Bring Out Your Dead"

bring-out-yer-dead-1-860x350.jpg

People who do not study... or "believe in" ... history are condemned to repeat it.

- DSK

If the US had the same mortality rate as, say, Peru, we’d be closing in on 2 million at this point. 

4 hours ago, Wess said:

You mean like  mandatory 'time for reflection (aka prayer time) at the start of school?, or mandatory playing of the anthem at the beginning of a sports game?, or mandatory survey and reporting of political leanings of campus participants?, and similar commands of governors in states like Texas and Florida? 

If there is to be re-education I'd prefer it was based on fact / reality than fantasy / wishful thinking. 

On 8/1/2021 at 12:46 PM, dfw_sailor said:

You mean like  mandatory 'time for reflection (aka prayer time) at the start of school?, or mandatory playing of the anthem at the beginning of a sports game?, or mandatory survey and reporting of political leanings of campus participants?, and similar commands of governors in states like Texas and Florida? 

If there is to be re-education I'd prefer it was based on fact / reality than fantasy / wishful thinking. 

Sorry, just to be clear, are you against playing the anthem at the beginning of a sports game?

I could certainly get behind finding an internment camp for @Wess

Back on topic.

I am proud to say that in my state 62% of 16-24 have now had at least one dose.

Above 35, all groups are above 72%

We would like to see all age groups at 80+%

We are now 9 months into this, with with 5 months of trial data preceding that for a total of 14 months.  I think we would have heard by now if there was some terrible adverse side effect.

On 8/1/2021 at 4:32 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

Flicked.

Our last conversation was me calling him an idiot and telling him to fuck off.

I expect he reported me and got flicked for his effort.

Because, fuck I love this place!

Couple of big assumptions there.  What's unusual about you last conversation and why would he report you for something plenty of others have done?

7 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

I could certainly get behind finding an internment camp for @Wess

Oh well.  Still free.  And telling the truth since you can't.  I mean come on you only recently learned that Cuomo's idea of forcing nursing homes to take covid patients was a bad idea. Now there is a doctor I would not trust with my  left pinky... never mind my eyesight!

On the vaccine stuff you just don't get it.  When government lies over and over and over again  When it does stupid stuff like Cuomo over and over and over again.  People with intelligence stop trusting government.  Let me quote somebody who said it well...

"I have not publicly encouraged anyone to get vaccinated. In fact, I have recently declined to participate in several PSA's designed to persuade people to get the jab. That’s not because I’m opposed to vaccines, obviously. Vaccines have saved more lives than any other advancement in the long history of medicine, and to your point, I got the shots the minute I was eligible. But I’m not a doctor, Steve, and even though I occasionally play one on TV, I’m not inclined to dispense medical advice to the people on this page.
True, I did appear in a few PSA’s early on, back when they assured us that locking down was essential to keeping our hospitals from being overrun. “Two weeks to flatten the curve!” Remember that one? That of course, turned out to be untrue, and I regret my role in helping perpetuate that particular falsehood. I also regret what I said during the first Zoom show to air in primetime. It was an episode of After the Catch, where I discussed the lockdowns with a few crab-boat captains. At one point, I looked into the camera lens on my computer and said, with uncharacteristic earnestness, “For the first time in a long time, it appears we’re all in the same boat.”
Well, I was wrong about that, too. We were not in the same boat, not then or now. We were in the same storm, but our boats were very different. Some prospered during the lockdowns and rode out the gale in yachts and pleasure crafts. Others floundered and weathered the storm in rowboats and dinghies. Some had no boat at all and hung on for dear life to whatever flotsam and jetsam they could find. Point is, I said some things I regret back then, and spoke too broadly to too many. Thus, the only thing I’ll say now regarding the vaccine, is that there is risk in everything we do, and there is risk in everything we don’t do. Thus, there is risk in getting vaccinated, and there is risk in not getting vaccinated. Obviously, I made my decision, but again, I’m not a doctor. Thus, I am not equipped to answer questions like, “But Mike, if the vaccine is so safe, why hasn’t the FDA approved it? Or, “But Mike, if the vaccine is so effective, why is the government now treating us all as if we’re unvaccinated?”
These are fair and reasonable questions, and I have no logical reply. Here in California if you’re inside, you must now wear a mask, vaccinated or not. What kind of message does that send?Yes, we have a new variant, and from what I’ve read, it’s highly contagious, but far less virulent – especially if you’re vaccinated. According to the CDC, just one 1 in 27,000 vaccinated people have contracted it. That means if you’re vaccinated, you’re more likely to get struck by lightning than contract COVID. And yet, people are once again calling for more lockdowns, more restrictions, and more compliance from those who already got their shots.
The fact is, millions of reasonable Americans have every right to feel confused and skeptical. Those people you refer to, Steve – the ones now telling us that we can “get back to normal just as soon as everyone is vaccinated” – those are the same people who said, “two weeks to flatten the curve!” Those are the same people who told us that masks were “useless” before they told us they were “critical.” Those are the same people who told us that a return to normalcy would occur just as soon as “the most vulnerable” among us were vaccinated. Then, just as soon as “half the population” was vaccinated. Then, just as soon as we achieved “herd immunity.” Those are the same people who told us they wouldn’t trust ANY vaccine developed under the last administration. Now, those very same people are belittling the skeptics!
If this were a Peanuts cartoon, those people would be Lucy, pulling away the football at the last moment while a nation full of Charlie Browns land flat on their collective back, over and over and over again. Those people you refer to - elected officials, journalists, and most disturbingly, more than a few medical experts - have moved the goalposts time and time again, while ignoring the same rules and restrictions they demand we all live by. They’re always certain, usually wrong, incapable of shame, and utterly void of humility. Is it any wonder millions find them unpersuasive?"

Oh and again... and still... I am at greater risk of dying from my hobbies than I am of covid.

It's easier to require everyone to mask than try to sort out who's vaccinated. The honor system didn't work. So either everyone masks or no one masks. Lies moved a boundary. 

In a place with 30-50% vaccinated and no masks in a crowded place, what's that, a herd immunity honeypot?

• Like 2

Once again, you just cant fix stupid.

4 hours ago, Wess said:

When government lies over and over and over again

Wessantivaxx.png.da82c226ed9b92d70275d315a7f492fa.png

5 hours ago, Wess said:

Oh well.  Still free.  And telling the truth since you can't.  I mean come on you only recently learned that Cuomo's idea of forcing nursing homes to take covid patients was a bad idea. Now there is a doctor I would not trust with my  left pinky... never mind my eyesight!

On the vaccine stuff you just don't get it.  When government lies over and over and over again  When it does stupid stuff like Cuomo over and over and over again.  People with intelligence stop trusting government.  Let me quote somebody who said it well...

"I have not publicly encouraged anyone to get vaccinated. In fact, I have recently declined to participate in several PSA's designed to persuade people to get the jab. That’s not because I’m opposed to vaccines, obviously. Vaccines have saved more lives than any other advancement in the long history of medicine, and to your point, I got the shots the minute I was eligible. But I’m not a doctor, Steve, and even though I occasionally play one on TV, I’m not inclined to dispense medical advice to the people on this page.
True, I did appear in a few PSA’s early on, back when they assured us that locking down was essential to keeping our hospitals from being overrun. “Two weeks to flatten the curve!” Remember that one? That of course, turned out to be untrue, and I regret my role in helping perpetuate that particular falsehood. I also regret what I said during the first Zoom show to air in primetime. It was an episode of After the Catch, where I discussed the lockdowns with a few crab-boat captains. At one point, I looked into the camera lens on my computer and said, with uncharacteristic earnestness, “For the first time in a long time, it appears we’re all in the same boat.”
Well, I was wrong about that, too. We were not in the same boat, not then or now. We were in the same storm, but our boats were very different. Some prospered during the lockdowns and rode out the gale in yachts and pleasure crafts. Others floundered and weathered the storm in rowboats and dinghies. Some had no boat at all and hung on for dear life to whatever flotsam and jetsam they could find. Point is, I said some things I regret back then, and spoke too broadly to too many. Thus, the only thing I’ll say now regarding the vaccine, is that there is risk in everything we do, and there is risk in everything we don’t do. Thus, there is risk in getting vaccinated, and there is risk in not getting vaccinated. Obviously, I made my decision, but again, I’m not a doctor. Thus, I am not equipped to answer questions like, “But Mike, if the vaccine is so safe, why hasn’t the FDA approved it? Or, “But Mike, if the vaccine is so effective, why is the government now treating us all as if we’re unvaccinated?”
These are fair and reasonable questions, and I have no logical reply. Here in California if you’re inside, you must now wear a mask, vaccinated or not. What kind of message does that send?Yes, we have a new variant, and from what I’ve read, it’s highly contagious, but far less virulent – especially if you’re vaccinated. According to the CDC, just one 1 in 27,000 vaccinated people have contracted it. That means if you’re vaccinated, you’re more likely to get struck by lightning than contract COVID. And yet, people are once again calling for more lockdowns, more restrictions, and more compliance from those who already got their shots.
The fact is, millions of reasonable Americans have every right to feel confused and skeptical. Those people you refer to, Steve – the ones now telling us that we can “get back to normal just as soon as everyone is vaccinated” – those are the same people who said, “two weeks to flatten the curve!” Those are the same people who told us that masks were “useless” before they told us they were “critical.” Those are the same people who told us that a return to normalcy would occur just as soon as “the most vulnerable” among us were vaccinated. Then, just as soon as “half the population” was vaccinated. Then, just as soon as we achieved “herd immunity.” Those are the same people who told us they wouldn’t trust ANY vaccine developed under the last administration. Now, those very same people are belittling the skeptics!
If this were a Peanuts cartoon, those people would be Lucy, pulling away the football at the last moment while a nation full of Charlie Browns land flat on their collective back, over and over and over again. Those people you refer to - elected officials, journalists, and most disturbingly, more than a few medical experts - have moved the goalposts time and time again, while ignoring the same rules and restrictions they demand we all live by. They’re always certain, usually wrong, incapable of shame, and utterly void of humility. Is it any wonder millions find them unpersuasive?"

Oh and again... and still... I am at greater risk of dying from my hobbies than I am of covid.

You're quoting a TV hosts blog?

https://mikerowe.com/2021/08/off-the-wall-im-not-inclined-to-dispense-medical-advice/

12 hours ago, random. said:

Couple of big assumptions there.  What's unusual about you last conversation and why would he report you for something plenty of others have done?

There's absolutely no evidence as to why he was flicked.

I expect you know that, too.

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

There's absolutely no evidence as to why he was flicked.

I expect you know that, too.

I see no evidence that he was flicked.

27 minutes ago, random. said:

I see no evidence that he was flicked.

He probably was flicked. Couple of days posts gone.

Most likely for posting misinformation about Kids and Vaccines.

10 minutes ago, Melibob said:

He probably was flicked. Couple of days posts gone.

Most likely for posting misinformation about Kids and Vaccines.

What days?  The last few?

31 minutes ago, Wess said:

What a bunch of whiney little girls.

Australians I'm sad to say. I'm a bit ashamed by them & for them.... <_<

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Australians I'm sad to say. I'm a bit ashamed by them & for them.... <_<

still looking for a friend I see.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit? 

35 minutes ago, Melibob said:

still looking for a friend I see.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit? 

You're a moron. Wess has been posting here for a decade longer than you and he does sail boats. He has expressed some opinions about vax that neither you nor I agree with and he is entitled to his opinion.

I don't come here to make friends 

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

You're a moron. Wess has been posting here for a decade longer than you and he does sail boats. He has expressed some opinions about vax that neither you nor I agree with and he is entitled to his opinion.

I don't come here to make friends 

Good thing, huh

Wess is a real sailor and I respect him for that. His anti-vax spew is just hateful nonsense, though.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but everyone will also be judged on the opinions they express

- DSK

If anyone hasn’t already read this. (Below) The difference now is that a plague is in the first world, and guess what?  The same old shit- even with the tools to deal with it, except for a few places, we’ve lost our mojo- a civilization that won’t insist on public health in general as a basis for everything else is about to change, radically.  What will breakage look like in one year or five, given our inability to pull together an effective response?  Just like the US House & Senate, a nihilistic minority is pulling us down. The odds of another shit show are climbing exponentially again, and what, for example, will the non COVID part of the Medical establishment look in a couple of years?  For the survivors, however crippled…

This is an analogue to Hopkirk’s Great Game series in that Garrett lays out the history surrounding a specific vector, and shows the typical weakness of response, even though enough victories have happened to show us a way out of this.  

And so it goes, I guess….

https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Plague-Emerging-Diseases-Balance/dp/0140250913

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Wess said:

"

On Cuomo, just to put that to bed.

He struck out three times in my book.  I was mistaken when I thought he was doing a good job early in the pandemic. Regrettably here is why I thought he was doing a good job:

1. I thought he had the right idea in coordinating the covid counter measures between three states (NJ, CT and NY).

2.  I thought his daily briefings to keep people informed were a good idea.

Unlike some others on this forum, I will change my mind as facts emerge...and more importantly,  I will admit when I was wrong . I was wrong. He struck out 3 times and my view on him reversed.

1. He was one of the first to take an anti-vaxx stance. When he stood up publicly and said he did not trust the vaccines, based on no scientific evidence whatsoever but purely as a political ploy....he plummeted in my estimation. That was back in November....so my reversal on Cuomo was not "recent".  For an influential leader like Cuomo to create distrust like that for political gain was intolerable.  @Wess, your view regarding the risk/reward for young people is not for any selfish reason, nor are you encouraging young people to either take the vaccine or not take the vaccine, merely make their own minds up.........so we disagree about many things but you do not have the selfish motives of Cuomo.

2. When the news emerged about the nursing homes. It sounded like a bad idea. I didnt have all the facts but I had already soured on Cuomo because of his flip flop on vaccines. As the story emerged and he tried to cover it up.....it further confirmed my low estimation of him.

3. The toxic abuse and sexual harassment report doesnt influence my views on how he handled covid  but it truly makes me dislike him as a person.  I am a woman professional and have occasionally had to overcome gender bias , I have handled it with humor and confidence in myself.  but, thank god, I have never had to deal with creepy harassment like Cuomo. By the way....life has its amusing moments like when a patient of mine was under anesthetic and in front of the whole OR invited me to lie down with him on the table and make love. :wub::wub:  It was cute and got a laugh from everyone. Anesthetic can loosen the inhibitions of even the most proper person. He remains a patient to this day and will never learn what he said!

Second...when it comes to doctors you would trust?

I am a very good doctor.  In my field, you should trust me.

• Like 1

We don’t disagree much of anything on above except I take it further. I don’t see any difference between Cuomo, Trump or Biden (even Fauci) or any of their ilk. Total honesty… I could watch them all die a painful death and not only not help but laugh knowing the extent they deserved it. Not a hatful person but have seen enough of politics and politicians to just not care. I would have thought something as serious as covid would have bridged the gap and brought out the best if there was any good in any of them but all it’s done is shown there is zero redeeming qualities in any of them; red or blue. As noted in my prior they all lied and lied so often and so much that anyone with a brain knows not to trust anything said. And that more than anything has hurt vaccination efforts and allowed the spread of covid and most importantly the death of so many elderly. 

11 minutes ago, Wess said:

We don’t disagree much of anything on above except I take it further. I don’t see any difference between Cuomo, Trump or Biden (even Fauci) or any of their ilk. Total honesty… I could watch them all die a painful death and not only not help but laugh knowing the extent they deserved it. Not a hatful person but have seen enough of politics and politicians to just not care. I would have thought something as serious as covid would have bridged the gap and brought out the best if there was any good in any of them but all it’s done is shown there is zero redeeming qualities in any of them; red or blue. As noted in my prior they all lied and lied so often and so much that anyone with a brain knows not to trust anything said. And that more than anything has hurt vaccination efforts and allowed the spread of covid and most importantly the death of so many elderly. 

If you can’t see the differences between Trump, Fauci, and Biden, your powers to differentiate between right and wrong, truth and fiction, are limited at best.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, accnick said:

If you can’t see the differences between Trump, Fauci, and Biden, your powers to differentiate between right and wrong, truth and fiction, are limited at best.

And if you can’t find multiple examples where they all lied to you then your reading comprehension is limited at best.

8 hours ago, Melibob said:

You're quoting a TV hosts blog?

Would you prefer Thomas Jefferson? 

“When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.”

1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

On Cuomo, just to put that to bed.

He struck out three times in my book.  I was mistaken when I thought he was doing a good job early in the pandemic. Regrettably here is why I thought he was doing a good job:

1. I thought he had the right idea in coordinating the covid counter measures between three states (NJ, CT and NY).

2.  I thought his daily briefings to keep people informed were a good idea.

Unlike some others on this forum, I will change my mind as facts emerge...and more importantly,  I will admit when I was wrong . I was wrong. He struck out 3 times and my view on him reversed.

1. He was one of the first to take an anti-vaxx stance. When he stood up publicly and said he did not trust the vaccines, based on no scientific evidence whatsoever but purely as a political ploy....he plummeted in my estimation. That was back in November....so my reversal on Cuomo was not "recent".  For an influential leader like Cuomo to create distrust like that for political gain was intolerable.  @Wess, your view regarding the risk/reward for young people is not for any selfish reason, nor are you encouraging young people to either take the vaccine or not take the vaccine, merely make their own minds up.........so we disagree about many things but you do not have the selfish motives of Cuomo.

2. When the news emerged about the nursing homes. It sounded like a bad idea. I didnt have all the facts but I had already soured on Cuomo because of his flip flop on vaccines. As the story emerged and he tried to cover it up.....it further confirmed my low estimation of him.

3. The toxic abuse and sexual harassment report doesnt influence my views on how he handled covid  but it truly makes me dislike him as a person.  I am a woman professional and have occasionally had to overcome gender bias , I have handled it with humor and confidence in myself.  but, thank god, I have never had to deal with creepy harassment like Cuomo. By the way....life has its amusing moments like when a patient of mine was under anesthetic and in front of the whole OR invited me to lie down with him on the table and make love. :wub::wub:  It was cute and got a laugh from everyone. Anesthetic can loosen the inhibitions of even the most proper person. He remains a patient to this day and will never learn what he said!

Second...when it comes to doctors you would trust?

I am a very good doctor.  In my field, you should trust me.

I’m glad you posted that. The way that Cuomo ignored the early Washington State experience was breathtaking.  But that’s typical….

9 minutes ago, Wess said:

And if you can’t find multiple examples where they all lied to you then your reading comprehension is limited at best.

There are damned lies made knowingly, mistakes, and errors corrected in light of new information.  Those are different things in my mind.  But I have a complex mind. 

By the way, John Eyres died. He was "superfit" and reportedly thought covid no biggie. He was a triathlete. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/john-eyres-my-super-fit-21227018

14 minutes ago, Wess said:

Knowledge changes. Situations change. What you believe is true or correct or best practice on one day can be proven wrong the next.

That is not lying. Lying is saying something you know to be wrong, and continuing to voice that lie despite all evidence to the contrary.

There can be a fine line between lying and self-delusion.

Changing positions based on expansion of understanding has a name: growth.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

So Wuss has gone from these guys are bad to everyone lies and is bad. I suppose that's progress.

Ha. You are the biggest liar of all. Dare you to find me saying any of those listed are NOT liars. Because they all are. As are you! Also easily triggered which is fun while I am stuck in an ICU waiting room (no; not there to see covid patient).

Just now, Wess said:

Ha. You are the biggest liar of all. Dare you to find me saying any of those listed are NOT liars. Because they all are. As are you! Also easily triggered which is fun while I am stuck in an ICU waiting room (no; not there to see covid patient).

And so you accuse everyone else of what you are guilty of.  Feel free to list all the lies I have told, next up: how does one list things you did not say? Seriously little dude, you are one fucked up wanker.