Trump Knew about Covid Danger in Early February, Lied about danger

But I swear:   it's just like the flu.  And will go away in the summer.  And masks are for Demoncrats and sissies.  And a vaccine will appear on November 1st.

Why shouldn't I believe the *Resident of the US of A?  

37 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

So in his own words...downplay. Willing to kill for reelection.

And we stop airport screenings for covid the 14th.

Trump unconcerned about anything but reelection is no revelation.  But couple that with Fauci, the guy you really want to be able to believe, lying about the efficacy of masks to manipulate the supply, and I am really left with a bleak outlook on our government.

14 minutes ago, Weyalan said:

Is anyone actually surprised, really?

Anyone who knows or works with him with any sort of honesty & disinterested motive: nope.

Anyone licking his boots? They keep licking those shit covered boots and thank him for the opportunity as long as the boots are used to trample someone else less fortunate than the boot licker.

2 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Keep licking those shit covered boots and thank him for the opportunity as long as the boots are used to trample someone else less fortunate than the boot licker.

It's the American Dream TM Mk 2020, don't ya know? Land of the Trump, home of the boot-licker.

16 minutes ago, Weyalan said:

It's the American Dream TM Mk 2020, don't ya know? Land of the Trump, home of the boot-licker.

Also classic cult psychology.

The "dear leader" ups the ante on suspension of disbelief, and each time someone critically thinks this is insane and walks away - the remaining loyalists get more progressively deep in the cult. Casting out "moderate" critical voices is a continuing process that's happened for 4 years. No one is deserting him now.

As an outsider looking in, this went past "boggle" when y'all elected Trump, made a quick stop at "jumped the shark" shortly thereafter, whizzed through "you can't make this shit up" some time ago and is now just sitting on permanent incomprehension and bafflement. I have visited the USA on several occasions (not in the last 20 years I should add) and always thought it an amazing place. I met wonderful people and made good friends. From what I see on the news these days, I hardly recognise the place. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Miffy said:

I mean I’m already seeing the same idiots defending him by attacking Woodward/what difference does it make.

so... the death cult marches on. 

Woodward isn't so innocent.  He had Trump on tape.  Had he released the audio as soon as that interview was finished, Trump might have changed course and actually done something.  But he sat on it because it was money in the bank.  Now, after over 190K Americans have died, he releases his book and cha-ching. 

Fuck Woodward, fuck his book, fuck his publisher and fuck anyone else who knew about the tape.  Greedy assholes all.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Woodward isn't so innocent.  He had Trump on tape.  Had he released the audio as soon as that interview was finished, Trump might have changed course and actually done something.  But he sat on it because it was money in the bank.  Now, after over 190K Americans have died, he releases his book and cha-ching. 

Fuck Woodward, fuck his book, fuck his publisher and fuck anyone else who knew about the tape.  Greedy assholes all.

Eh I agree to a degree. What’s the indication any GOP senators or trump cares? Even with 200,000 vs 2000. Yah Woodward is a book seller - but so is Maggie H and ABC and Comey and basically everyone in political press. 

You all realize Dr Fauci disputed all this today, right?  He came to Trump's defense today, and said this wasn't true?

Who do you believe, a guy on a press tour about to release a book, or Dr. Fauci?

"“I didn’t get any sense that he was distorting anything,” Fauci said. “I mean in my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had. We related that to him. And when he would go out, I’d hear him discussing the same sort of things. He would often say, ‘We just got through with a briefing with the group from the task force,’ and would talk about it. So it may have happened, but I have not seen that kind of distortion.” - Dr. Fauci, Fox News Sep 9, 2020

"“And then when we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn’t say anything different than we discussed when we were with him,”

“I may not be tuned in to the right thing that they’re talking about. But, I didn’t see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him, and what he came out publicly and said.”

- Dr Fauci, Fox News, Sep 9, 2020

6 hours ago, Jules said:

Trump is not exactly known for changing course. doubling down is more likely.

I can't see any benefit in Woodward releasing this earlier, it would have just sunk into the quicksand of Hoax, fakenews, china flu, babble .

You seriously think that this information would have any impact..that he's lying?  The True believers don't care..It might tip the votes of any relatives of the dead ..that Trump knew the danger, lied about it, and Dad and Mum died.

• Like 1

I don’t believe that it would have changed Trump’s actions. His minions, followers & tools would have continued their foolish ways. No masks. No distancing. 

Woodward is a good writer. He needed time after the interviews to write. It’s not a September surprise. He would make the same amount of money regardless of the release date. 

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I can't see any benefit in Woodward releasing this earlier, it would have just sunk into the quicksand of Hoax, fakenews, china flu, babble .

You seriously think that this information would have any impact..that he's lying?  The True believers don't care..It might tip the votes of any relatives of the dead ..that Trump knew the danger, lied about it, and Dad and Mum died.

What Trump might have done doesn't matter.  What does is Woodward had Trump on tape saying the opposite of what he was telling the nation.  Had Woodward released the tapes more people might have been prone to ignore Trump's bullshit. 

No one knows how much a difference it might have made but we do know Americans were dropping like flies while Woodward sat on that information to the benefit of himself.  Hooray for me, fuck you.  It's the American way.

18 minutes ago, Jules said:

What Trump might have done doesn't matter. 

Who the fuck are you to say that Bob Woodward's job is to release a recording he made?  You are not bob woodward's constituents, because he does not have any.  He has a job that does not include 'maybe saving lives.'

24 minutes ago, Jules said:

Had Woodward released the tapes more people might have been prone to ignore Trump's bullshit. 

Are you fucking insane or do private citizens now have a burden of responsibility for politicians actions in the US now? He probably also had a some form of fiduciary duty to Trump I assume.

7 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Who the fuck are you to say that Bob Woodward's job is to release a recording he made?  You are not bob woodward's constituents, because he does not have any.  He has a job that does not include 'maybe saving lives.'

Who the fuck are you to say I was saying it's his job?  How would you even know what Woodward's "job" is?  Have you seen his "job" description? 

He doesn't have a job.  He does whatever the fuck he wants.  And if he wants to sit on tapes of Trump saying the virus is deadly while watching Trump at a rally saying the virus is a hoax, who the fuck are you to say that's his job?

Just now, jack_sparrow said:

Are you fucking insane or do private citizens now have a burden of responsibility for politicians actions in the US now? He probably also had a some form of fiduciary duty to Trump I assume.

Great argument for those who hate whistleblowers.   It's fucking insane to think anyone would feel any responsibility to stop a crime.  Fuck the victims!  I got money to make!  MAGA!

These things can all be true:

1. Woodward sat on the tapes for personal gain 

2. It would have made zero iota of difference to the GOP and bootlickers as it doesn’t make a diff now

3. Anyone who knows the difference between shit and rainbow knows Trump doesn’t care about anyone except Ivanka. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Jules said:

Great argument for those who hate whistleblowers.   It's fucking insane to think anyone would feel any responsibility to stop a crime.  Fuck the victims!  I got money to make!  MAGA!

Do you mind citing the statute and it's jurisdiction that whistleblower Woodwood would be referring to there? He would need that obviously to trigger whistleblower protection.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Now that tape would be a head turner. :lol:

The way he creeped over hear during her young days vs how he basically has other kids you’d never known existed?

i wouldn’t be surprised if he had a one way mirror installed so he can stand in the closet and look at her or something. 

I think Woodward should've released the tapes earlier. In hindsight I honestly don't think it would've made a huge amount of difference but there was no way to know that at the time. Woodward has shown his priorities.

That said, the timing of the release now, after nearly 200K dead, is a negative for Trump's reelection so that's a silver lining. Getting him out of office may save far more than 200K lives versus another four years of his madness.

8 minutes ago, IStream said:

I think Woodward should've released the tapes earlier.

Don't forget there is also a publisher in the mix I assume and they have an equitable interest in Woodwood's material. Woodwood could not release unilaterally even if he wanted to.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Don't forget there is also a publisher in the mix I assume and then who has an equitable interest in Woodwood's material. Woodwood could not release unilaterally even if he wanted to.

Bob Woodward is an associated editor at the Washington Post. I'm sure there's an arrangement that allowed him to release Trump-related news despite his book deal.

3 minutes ago, IStream said:

Bob Woodward is an associated editor at the Washington Post. I'm sure there's an arrangement that allowed him to release Trump-related news despite his book deal.

Keep in mind tho - before 200,000 dead; back when the interview was being taped, really what impact is there?

tapes: Trump wants to minimize covid 19 risk. 

maggie h: Trump shows leadership 

29 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Do you mind citing the statute and it's jurisdiction that whistleblower Woodwood would be referring to there? He would need that obviously to trigger whistleblower protection.

25 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I do not think Jules knows what those terms mean.

Holy shit!  You guys were serious?  Guess we really are in Trump's America. 

I don't like people who die from COVID.  They are losers and suckers.

7 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Keep in mind tho - before 200,000 dead; back when the interview was being taped, really what impact is there?

US also didn't have the capacity (save for border control) to respond then, the next month and the next anyway. There was more damage from delay from time of UTurn on 16 March and time enacting it later in March.

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

US also didn't have the capacity (save for border control) to respond then, the next month and the next anyway. There was more damage from delay from time of UTurn on 16 March and time enacting it later in March.

Shutting down airlines and going into quarantine for 12 days would have done  it back in March. 

10 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Shutting down airlines and going into quarantine for 12 days would have done  it back in March. 

Yep borders was the big screw up it was like pouring petrol on a fire.

People also seem to forget it didn't hit WHO's Pandemic classification threshold which is geographic until 11 of March albeit the subject of their late January global threat warning that triggered a lot of border restrictions incl US, but a micky mouse one.

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yep borders was the big screw up it was like pouring petrol on a fire.

People also seem to forget it didn't hit WHO's Pandemic classification threshold which is geographic until 11 of March albeit the subject of their late January global threat warning that triggered a lot of border restrictions incl US, but a micky mouse one.

The US response was typical Miller - “focus on ethnicity” ban PRC flights because apparently no one comes into contact with mainlanders at terminals abroad and diseases don’t get imported by Americans returning from Milan. 

And remember the fucked up reentry process when they closed off Europe?  Thousands of travelers shoulder to shoulder for hours.  Where was the planning? 

Let's also not forget the China ban did not affect us citizens returning.  But most came from Europe. 

SmartSelect_20200315-172810_Chrome.jpg

This is actually the most coherent and technically accurate description of Covid I have heard come out of Trump's mouth and this is early February.

He was clearly very well briefed with the very best knowledge available at the time.

Note flu comment.

Then this tweet a month later on 10 March about the flu just 6 days before massive  UTurn.

9 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Let's also not forget the China ban did not affect us citizens returning.  But most came from Europe. 

10,000 direct flights China to US until March I think it was. Via Europe 40 times that. Full of nationals and those related if not national 

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I gotta agree with Mel...  As sad and disgusting and deplorable as it is, trump did this, not Woodword..  Could Woodward have come out and said something, well yea.  Should he have probably given the tapes to someone else and let them "Help" in tracing the shit down, Yes.  Could he have put the info out before the impeachment..  Well yea, but like Meli said, it really would not have made one iota of difference and we would be talking about the Woodword book like we are talking about the Mueler report... The bottom line is that the info is out, the method means not one iota... 

Judge the message, not the messenger...  

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, BlatantEcho said:

This sort of reminds me when Fauci admitted he told the public not to wear masks, because he wanted more masks for healthcare workers.

But, everyone seems ok with that.

The president tells people not to panic?
'Omg, what a liar!'

OK with what? At least Fauci told us it would be tough. When Trump knew about the reality of COVID, he called COVID a hoax.  When Trump knew a medical tidal wave was coming our way, he gave PPE to other countries, and didn’t exercise his power to make enough for the USA, ensuring there wasn’t enough for our medical community, much less anyone else. Trump made sure he had testing and PPE for himself.  He continues to hold unmasked rallies without distancing.  Trump is despicable. You are despicable.

44 minutes ago, BlatantEcho said:

This sort of reminds me when Fauci admitted he told the public not to wear masks, because he wanted more masks for healthcare workers.

'Omg, what a liar!'

People are OK with that as Fauchi has at least a PHD and is respected in his field.  

Trump, Not so much..  

3 hours ago, shaggy said:

I gotta agree with Mel...  As sad and disgusting and deplorable as it is, trump did this, not Woodword..  Could Woodward have come out and said something, well yea.  Should he have probably given the tapes to someone else and let them "Help" in tracing the shit down, Yes.  Could he have put the info out before the impeachment..  Well yea, but like Meli said, it really would not have made one iota of difference and we would be talking about the Woodword book like we are talking about the Mueler report... The bottom line is that the info is out, the method means not one iota... 

Judge the message, not the messenger...  

You may be completely right.  On the other hand, having that on tape getting it out to the media so the American people can hear it might have made a difference.  But we will never know because Woodward sat on the tape to the benefit of his book.

Woodward got 18 interviews. If he had announced to the World that Trump was purposefully minimising the effects of Covid then the vast majority of the World would have said no shite. 

If he had announced after Interview #1 there would be no Interview #2. Woodward finally had Trump on the hook. He wasn’t going to let him go. We have no idea what other madness he was recorded saying. Wait for the book to drop before you bury Woodward.

Even after all these people have died. Everyone other than the top 5% most stupid Trump supporters have known he was dumbing it down. 

Even those upper echelon supporters were having their orgy on the lawns of the Whitehouse without wearing masks during their circle jerk. 

5 minutes ago, CaptainAhab said:

Woodward got 18 interviews. If he had announced to the World that Trump was purposefully minimising the effects of Covid then the vast majority of the World would have said no shite.

If he had announced after Interview #1 there would be no Interview #2. Woodward finally had Trump on the hook. He wasn’t going to let him go. We have no idea what other madness he was recorded saying. Wait for the book to drop before you bury Woodward.

Even after all these people have died. Everyone other than the top 5% most stupid Trump supporters have known he was dumbing it down.

Even those upper echelon supporters were having their orgy on the lawns of the Whitehouse without wearing masks during their circle jerk. 

If this book is the straw that breaks the camel's back - causes Trump to lose the election, etc - then the information contained in the book would likely have made a difference had Woodward released it earlier. 

Yes, we know the Trump enablers are all a bunch of self-serving crooks but a lot of people bought into Trump's claim the virus was a hoax and some of them died because of that. 

Just that Feb 7 admission Trump made saying the virus was 5 times more deadly than the flu could have saved thousands of lives, could have prompted other leaders to take it more seriously and could have put the people on alert that this thing is nothing to mess with.  That first interview had the potential to do so much good if it had been made public.  Sure, it might have been the end of Woodward's book but what is that compared to the potential good that could have come out of Woodward releasing that tape?

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

If this book is the straw that breaks the camel's back - causes Trump to lose the election, etc - then the information contained in the book would likely have made a difference had Woodward released it earlier. 

Yes, we know the Trump enablers are all a bunch of self-serving crooks but a lot of people bought into Trump's claim the virus was a hoax and some of them died because of that. 

Just that Feb 7 admission Trump made saying the virus was 5 times more deadly than the flu could have saved thousands of lives, could have prompted other leaders to take it more seriously and could have put the people on alert that this thing is nothing to mess with.  That first interview had the potential to do so much good if it had been made public.  Sure, it might have been the end of Woodward's book but what is that compared to the potential good that could have come out of Woodward releasing that tape?

Like what?

Trump got all the briefings as did the senior levels of the admin & GOP intel committee. They don't give a shit and gaslit public health officials at every opportunity - amongst the trumpet crowd, who do you think they will believe? I feel like this is a circular firing squad where ppl want to be upset about this reality being in the open, and some are more mad at Woodward than Trump.

3 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Like what?

Like Jim Jones telling his followers to drink the Kool Aid and then someone plays a recording over the loudspeakers where Jones says all his preaching is bullshit and all his followers are suckers.

Might have made a difference.  Might not have.  But it's worth trying.

27 minutes ago, Jules said:

Like Jim Jones telling his followers to drink the Kool Aid and then someone plays a recording over the loudspeakers where Jones says all his preaching is bullshit and all his followers are suckers.

Might have made a difference.  Might not have.  But it's worth trying.

Shrug. You seem more upset about the hypothetical help it might have provided to the certain LIE and sabotage of public health the WH engaged in. 

1 hour ago, Jules said:

But the enablers didn't buy into Trump's claim because they too knew and so they didn't die.

Why aren't you pissed at them enablers for not raising the alarm?

Why aren't you pissed Trump told them otherwise there might be less of them enablers around now?

Did Woodward bang your missus?

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Thank you for explaining what some people seem to have a massive problem getting their head around.

Entree is currency.

IIRR, you were in Seattle in the spring?  What did you make of the vibe then, Trump vs Inslee, federal help etc., for example.  I think after flying in, you drove back?

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

But the enablers didn't buy into Trump's claim because they too knew and so they didn't die.

Why aren't you pissed at them enablers for not raising the alarm?

Why aren't you pissed Trump told them otherwise there might be less of them enablers around now?

Did Woodward bang your missus?

You assume incorrectly.

2 hours ago, Amati said:

Entree is currency.

IIRR, you were in Seattle in the spring?  What did you make of the vibe then, Trump vs Inslee, federal help etc., for example.  I think after flying in, you drove back?

Was early daze, feels like sooooo long ago.  Wasn't in seattle, was on the Olympic peninsula so not so plugged into the pulse of the area.  My partner is pretty private as well.  We presented a keynote at a local economic development council, no masks, no real thoughts about it, no real knowledge.  I think there was a 50 person limit at that time and most attendees seemed to think it was reasonable.   Very little talk of Trump's lack of response back then.  So little was known.  I think they shut down Illinois as I was driving through.  Michigan would follow the day I arrived.  Inslee seems to have done better than most, considering the early hit.  

10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Inslee seems to have done better than most, considering the early hit.  

My partner is a clinician at a medical conference and the unapproved rogue flu study primary investigator who did her own covid test on the samples basically shook the Washington gov that covid has been around for two months domestically spreading. 

Ppl who understood the significance immediately went 100mph

3 minutes ago, Miffy said:

My partner is a clinician at a medical conference and the unapproved rogue flu study primary investigator who did her own covid test on the samples basically shook the Washington gov that covid has been around for two months domestically spreading. 

Ppl who understood the significance immediately went 100mph

Had been, you mean?  

She wasn’t the only one- there were quite a few MD’s doing what testing they could, and the results weren’t exactly secret.  But tests stopped when they were withheld. We haven’t been off the island since February, and even that seemed sketchy- like in too late.  The ferry system should have been testing everybody.

7 minutes ago, Amati said:

Had been, you mean?  

She wasn’t the only one- there were quite a few MD’s doing what testing they could, and the results weren’t exactly secret.  But tests stopped when they were withheld. We haven’t been off the island since February, and even that seemed sketchy- like in too late.  The ferry system should have been testing everybody.

I think the flu study was more shocking because it wasn’t current clinical presentation cases that physicians were encountering but she took the flu strain study swabs and tested them for covid on her own intuition and the samples were from before March. 

It shook the system more than ED/ICU current cases because a lot of then narrative and perhaps even educated optimistic/wishful thinking was we can tackle it at the borders. The flu study shattered that. 

39 minutes ago, Miffy said:

I think the flu study was more shocking because it wasn’t current clinical presentation cases that physicians were encountering but she took the flu strain study swabs and tested them for covid on her own intuition and the samples were from before March. 

It shook the system more than ED/ICU current cases because a lot of then narrative and perhaps even educated optimistic/wishful thinking was we can tackle it at the borders. The flu study shattered that. 

It was too late in early January.  

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Back in March Trump’s response would be exactly the same as yesterday’s response. Denial, Fake News, Witch Hunt. 

Nothing would have come of the announcement. If anything it would have emboldened him to say more stupid shite that got more people killed. 

Woodward’s book is simply confirmation that he did exactly what we have all thought for months. Fauci most of the time and every other expert outside of the Whitehouse have been telling the Truth as facts have become available. 

The impact that this will have on the election is the undecided middle of the road moderates, independents and a handful of disenfranchised republicans not vote for the orange guy. It will be the last straw in a few cubic meters of straws that will enable them. Those people were not listening to his Covid bullshit already. 

His supporters will always accept his denials and lies. Therefore almost the same number would have died. 

11 minutes ago, Amati said:

It was too late in early January.  

Not really. The base case load was low. There are ppl who have an fatalism about it as if Vietnam, Taiwanese successes didn’t happen. 

What we know now about covid19, there’s hardly an infection after April 30 that couldn’t have been averted. Much of the country had good compliance for 3 weeks and the WH sabotaged it and also encouraged states to ignore it. 

If there’s any after action accounting of this to be written, it should be we were so close but so sabotaged by political failure. 

• Like 2

Its basically another typical attempt to obfuscate by the Trumpeters. Woodward is not the bad guy here... sure, he could have done things differently, but his actions pale into insignificance. Shoot the messenger, compare apples to washing machines, run the other way and throw a firecracker behind you.

53 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Not really. The base case load was low. There are ppl who have an fatalism about it as if Vietnam, Taiwanese successes didn’t happen. 

What we know now about covid19, there’s hardly an infection after April 30 that couldn’t have been averted. Much of the country had good compliance for 3 weeks and the WH sabotaged it and also encouraged states to ignore it. 

If there’s any after action accounting of this to be written, it should be we were so close but so sabotaged by political failure. 

It was too late in January, with Trump in charge.

9 hours ago, CaptainAhab said:

Back in March Trump’s response would be exactly the same as yesterday’s response. Denial, Fake News, Witch Hunt.

Nothing would have come of the announcement. If anything it would have emboldened him to say more stupid shite that got more people killed.

Woodward’s book is simply confirmation that he did exactly what we have all thought for months. Fauci most of the time and every other expert outside of the Whitehouse have been telling the Truth as facts have become available.

The impact that this will have on the election is the undecided middle of the road moderates, independents and a handful of disenfranchised republicans not vote for the orange guy. It will be the last straw in a few cubic meters of straws that will enable them. Those people were not listening to his Covid bullshit already.

His supporters will always accept his denials and lies. Therefore almost the same number would have died.

You're applying things like statistics, logic and reason.  But this is Trump's mind we're talking about, where using the chaos theory is more appropriate.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:47 AM, BlatantEcho said:

'Omg, what a liar!'

He knew that the supply of medical N95’s was nil. He was trying prevent all of you smart SA fuckers from hitting Homie Dopie so his boys could buy all of the 3m N95 dust masks. 

He made the right decision. If the Docs & Nurses die more people die of Covid and all the other accidents & illness. 

On 9/9/2020 at 6:24 PM, Jules said:

The facts were public. Everyone knew the virus was deadly. Everyone knew it was highly infectious.  Everyone knew it was passed by close contact. Blaming Trump is like blaming the village idiot. The NY experience showed the danger, and the NY experience showed what was required to control it. Blame the governors as much as anyone. 

It's also true that control was easier in NY and CT than in many other states due to a high percentage of jobs that could be done remotely,  a citizenry that trusts the gov't at least a little, and a lack of employment with large numbers of people on close contact like meat processors and agriculture. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, SemiSalt said:

The facts were public. Everyone knew the virus was deadly. Everyone knew it was highly infectious.  Everyone knew it was passed by close contact. Blaming Trump is like blaming the village idiot. The NY experience showed the danger, and the NY experience showed what was required to control it. Blame the governors as much as anyone. 

It's also true that control was easier in NY and CT than in many other states due to a high percentage of jobs that could be done remotely,  a citizenry that trusts the gov't at least a little, and a lack of employment with large numbers of people on close contact like meat processors and agriculture. 

The problem with this argument is that Trump's statements were backed by actions, or lack thereof. If he'd downplayed the pandemic while behind the scenes working to increase PPE production, put a testing infrastructure in place, and all the other things every other country did, I'd cut him a little slack. Instead, he walked his talk and 200,000+ people died for it.

9 hours ago, SemiSalt said:

The facts were public. Everyone knew the virus was deadly. Everyone knew it was highly infectious.  Everyone knew it was passed by close contact.

Everyone but those who put all their faith in the president.  And they became the super spreaders.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:41 AM, SemiSalt said:

The facts were public. Everyone knew the virus was deadly. Everyone knew it was highly infectious.  Everyone knew it was passed by close contact. Blaming Trump is like blaming the village idiot. Blame the governors as much as anyone. 

Manson never killed one person. We hold cult leaders responsible for their follower’s actions. I do blame the Governor’s. They conspired with the Orange guy and his lackeys to deceive the public. 

You know there is dodgy stuff going on when the Georgia Gov tried to legally force local city governments to stop enforcing their mask laws. 

On 9/13/2020 at 1:11 AM, SemiSalt said:

When you are President of the USA, you don't get to play the Village Idiot card. If this was an episode of The Apprentice, maybe, but POTUS, no.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:05 AM, CaptainAhab said:

He knew that the supply of medical N95’s was nil. He was trying prevent all of you smart SA fuckers from hitting Homie Dopie so his boys could buy all of the 3m N95 dust masks. 

He made the right decision. If the Docs & Nurses die more people die of Covid and all the other accidents & illness. 

When Fauci said the things he did about not buying masks, the evidence for asymptomatic spread was not concerning.  Since in most respiratory diseases, people have symptoms before becoming infectious, the reasoning was that people who were infectious would stay home and not infect others.  Thus the masks could be saved for medical workers whom would be in direct risk for contracting the disease.  Once it was known that a great deal of spread was from asymptomatic people, Fauci changed his recommendation.   Thats how science works.  You make the best decisions based on what you know at the time.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, jacksparrow said:

When Fauci said the things he did about not buying masks, the evidence for asymptomatic spread was not concerning.  Since in most respiratory diseases, people have symptoms before becoming infectious... 

Surely you know this is not true.    For influenza and common cold a person is typically infectious  a day before the onset of symptoms. 

I mean, this has been common knowledge for as long as I can remember and I can't believe Fauci would not have known this.  Unless he was relying on contrary info from the Chinese Communist Party or maybe the WHO, IDK.  But who the fuck trusts either of those two these days.

7 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

Surely you know this is not true.    For influenza and common cold a person is typically infectious  a day before the onset of symptoms. 

I mean, this has been common knowledge for as long as I can remember and I can't believe Fauci would not have known this.  Unless he was relying on contrary info from the Chinese Communist Party or maybe the WHO, IDK.  But who the fuck trusts either of those two these days.

Depends on what disease progression groupings they were using - for SARS, we were really lucky because fever was so reliable a symptom and it coincided with when ppl were shedding. 

1 hour ago, jacksparrow said:

When Fauci said the things he did about not buying masks, the evidence for asymptomatic spread was not concerning.  Since in most respiratory diseases, people have symptoms before becoming infectious, the reasoning was that people who were infectious would stay home and not infect others.  Thus the masks could be saved for medical workers whom would be in direct risk for contracting the disease.  Once it was known that a great deal of spread was from asymptomatic people, Fauci changed his recommendation.   Thats how science works.  You make the best decisions based on what you know at the time.

Fauci git a black eyevom thst. He admotd the only reason was shortage. In short je lied.