sail69

Expedition To The Ege...

Like watching a slo-mo train wreck.   Anybody else watching it?  

51 minutes ago, Editor said:

what is it?

Discovery Channel show, Expedition to the Edge, about the group of misfits on this 120 foot ferrocement masterpiece attempting the Northwest Passage.

FAD633B3-8881-4776-B944-21C6B23CDE07.jpeg.707ef755634dbc47defdf2272a5c386a.jpeg

47F2406C-0454-4292-BF24-CF1A76622702.jpeg.fb2eb1926e0860cd384484da3b783fd9.jpeg

What’s the plan, if you can’t find a passage through, just use the ferrocement as a granite-breaker and make your own passage, so to speak?

1 hour ago, Alaris said:

Discovery Channel show, Expedition to the Edge, about the group of misfits on this 120 foot ferrocement masterpiece attempting the Northwest Passage.

thanks!

1 hour ago, Alaris said:

thanks!

27 minutes ago, Editor said:

just started episode one. holy christ what a shit show!

I could not watch more than one episode as it looked like a doomed voyage...but maybe I should watch more to see more Shit? 

It seemed like the whole thing was like watching Reid if he would have had a production crew along for his crazy cement boat ride...

Missed this. Last night's episode 5 apparently was titled "It all falls apart". Apt

1 minute ago, Albatros said:

but what do you guys expect ? the passageway is definitely offcenter, doom and unmitigated failure awaits them

hahaha!

2 hours ago, Editor said:

just started episode one. holy christ what a shit show!

Yes they should call the show "Shitshow to to Edge"
I have watched all the episodes.

Love the tag line in the beginning of each episode... something like, 'xx boats attempted the NWP that year. All but two turned around. One of those got stuck in the ice and sank. The other made it. This is footage shot by the crew of one of those two boats.'

Fucking christ this looks like a disaster, and I'm only part way through ep 1.

Was there some part in the crew sign up that said all male applicants must have a close physical resemblance to the "captain"?

Keep in mind Discovery Channel has been known to present completely fabricated 'documentaries' and present them as factual.
'Megaladon' and others using fake professors and research institutions etc on Shark Week.
Im sure it has components of danger but I think you can see a film/support vessel on the horizon in Episode 5  
All of the reality shows are highly scripted and edited of course. I think they look for desperate and adventurous bankrupt subjects
with big outstanding tax bills to build stories around. Generally anyone with dirty shoulder length hair living on an old sailboat on the  hard
in a  marina with a younger girlfriend with a child needing a diaper change and eating dirt has a story you can build and put on tv for a few weeks.  
And there are no shortage of them.  

27 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Keep in mind Discovery Channel has been known to present completely fabricated 'documentaries' and present them as factual.

Theire our some nottabelle exceptiones to............

ABPSignNotCanceled-1014x570.jpg

Billey does evereything foirre hisse familey...........              :)

46 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

'Megaladon' and others using fake professors and research institutions etc on Shark Week.
Im sure it has components of danger but I think you can see a film/support vessel on the horizon in Episode 5  
All of the reality shows are highly scripted and edited of course. I think they look for desperate and adventurous bankrupt subjects
with big outstanding tax bills to build stories around. Generally anyone with dirty shoulder length hair living on an old sailboat on the  hard
in a  marina with a younger girlfriend with a child needing a diaper change and eating dirt has a story you can build and put on tv for a few weeks.  
And there are no shortage of them.  

This clusterfuck predates this particular show and Discovery. See the movie Sea Gypsies about the same boat and crew. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Theire our some nottabelle exceptiones to............

Billey does evereything foirre hisse familey...........              :)

including going to jail for fraud 

On 9/21/2020 at 6:39 PM, Pokey uh da LBC said:

Love the tag line in the beginning of each episode... something like, 'xx boats attempted the NWP that year. All but two turned around. One of those got stuck in the ice and sank. The other made it. This is footage shot by the crew of one of those two boats.'

and these are their stories....  Dung Dung.....   :P

Like when they talk about the cold and layers of clothing keeping their body odors under control. Nice.

4 hours ago, Student_Driver said:

Like when they talk about the cold and layers of clothing keeping their body odors under control. Nice.

I think the cold helps more with the BO than the layers.... once the layers all start to stink they don't give any more smell protection than a single layer!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 3:41 PM, hdra said:

I think the cold helps more with the BO than the layers.... once the layers all start to stink they don't give any more smell protection than a single layer!

Never been there, but your observation would appear to pass the sniff test. 

so, what happens, do the fall off? The edge that is?

God, I miss the gym. That is where I typically would watch these shit shows while on the thread mill. Gotta love the Brown family!