Jump to content

Kidnap the democRAT Governor!


Recommended Posts

From Trump's RNC speech:

Quote

If the radical left takes power, they will apply their disastrous policies to every town, city, and suburban America.

Disastrous policies, like trying and convicting radical right followers of Trump for plotting to kidnap a governor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

So much for Trump holding Michigan..

Trump will lose MI big.  I'm guessing 300-500K votes.  He won by 12K in '16.  We will be late reporting due to not being able to tally mail-in votes until the day of the election.  I have this dream that NC, FL, and PA all go Biden early and all networks project him the winner by 11.  Trump will not handle defeat well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Trump will lose MI big.  I'm guessing 300-500K votes.  He won by 12K in '16.  We will be late reporting due to not being able to tally mail-in votes until the day of the election.  I have this dream that NC, FL, and PA all go Biden early and all networks project him the winner by 11.  Trump will not handle defeat well.

Hope you are right but I still see social media posts from Michigan family and friends that still are Trump supporters as well as COVID deniers. We will be in Michigan over the weekend fully masked up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gangbusters said:

Hope you are right but I still see social media posts from Michigan family and friends that still are Trump supporters as well as COVID deniers. We will be in Michigan over the weekend fully masked up.

Look at the '18 mid-terms.  Even Kent County (Grand Rapids) went for the Dem governor.  We'll see but I feel pretty good about Biden's chances.  Are your family on the West side of the state?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Look at the '18 mid-terms.  Even Kent County (Grand Rapids) went for the Dem governor.  We'll see but I feel pretty good about Biden's chances.  Are your family on the West side of the state?

Detroit area and surrounding suburbs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Look at the '18 mid-terms.  Even Kent County (Grand Rapids) went for the Dem governor.  We'll see but I feel pretty good about Biden's chances.  Are your family on the West side of the state?

That's what gets me.  What has he done since 2018 to bring people back into the fold? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's what gets me.  What has he done since 2018 to bring people back into the fold? 

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is going to be a stomping of epic proportions.  I read today that TX is a toss-up.  I've voted and hope everyone does.  To answer your question, nothing.  He is going down faster than the Titanic.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Trump will lose MI big.  I'm guessing 300-500K votes.  He won by 12K in '16.  We will be late reporting due to not being able to tally mail-in votes until the day of the election.  I have this dream that NC, FL, and PA all go Biden early and all networks project him the winner by 11.  Trump will not handle defeat well.

Florida actually does a good job counting all ballots usually before 12PM.   The counts are reliable,  if it’s outside the margin that calls for a recount (.5%), we’ll know trump is done and our long national nightmare will be over.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benwynn said:

I thought there were supposed to "Stand back" and "Stand by".   Stupid fucks can't even follow directions.

Has President Fuckwit endorsed the action yet?  

I will not be surprised if someone is shot at a polling place on 3 November.  Thank you Mr. President.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I will not be surprised if someone is shot at a polling place on 3 November.  Thank you Mr. President.

When was the last time that that actually happened in the US??  Ever??

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shaggy said:

When was the last time that that actually happened in the US??  Ever??

Gun battles during elections in Baltimore were a thing in the 1800s. One made it to court because Hood A had armed men and barricades around the polling place to keep Hood B from coming over and voting for the other team. The judge dismissed it, saying basically something like "men of ordinary courage could have formed an armed party to fight their way in", so basically tough shit for you if you weren't willing to throw down. They played rough back then :o

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

From her press conference this afternoon, I'm proud of her!

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer thanked law enforcement for their work foiling an alleged plot to kidnap her and said she "never could imagine anything like this."

"When I put my hand on the Bible and took the oath of office 22 months ago, I knew this job would be hard. I'll be honest, I never could imagine anything like this. I want to start by saying thank you to our law enforcement. Thank you to the fearless FBI agents. And thank you to the brave Michigan state police troopers who participated in this operation," Whitmer said at a news conference this afternoon.

Whitmer also criticized President Trump who "spent the past seven months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger and giving comfort to those who spread fear and hatred and division." 

She specifically referenced Trump's comment during the first presidential debate where he told the far-right group, the Proud Boys, to "stand back and stand by" instead of denouncing them outright. 

"Just last week the President of the United States stood before the American people and refused to condemn White supremacists and hate groups ... 'Stand back and stand by,' he told them. 'Stand back and stand by.' Hate groups heard the President's words not as a rebuke but as a rallying cry, as a call to action. When our leaders speak, their words matter. They carry weight. When our leaders meet with, encourage, or fraternize with domestic terrorists, they legitimatize their actions and they are complicit," Whitmer added.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe there’s a lawyer on here that knows the answer to the question, why the heck are these so called militia groups even allowed? I understand that in some states like TX it is legal to have militias or citizen groups to protect property or against invasion, but I don’t think there is any legal basis for militias to attack the government, is there? One of the rationales the nutballs talk about regarding guns and militias is the right to insurrection against possible govt tyranny but I thought the Supreme Court invalidated that ages ago. There are hundreds of these groups, and in most states the federal govt has authority over militia type organizations so why don’t they just roll them up? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if these were well regulated militias there could be some rules against kidnapping governors that could be reviewed at the gatherings once or twice in the course of a year.

Too bad the gatherings are too hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Maybe there’s a lawyer on here that knows the answer to the question, why the heck are these so called militia groups even allowed? I understand that in some states like TX it is legal to have militias or citizen groups to protect property or against invasion, but I don’t think there is any legal basis for militias to attack the government, is there? One of the rationales the nutballs talk about regarding guns and militias is the right to insurrection against possible govt tyranny but I thought the Supreme Court invalidated that ages ago. There are hundreds of these groups, and in most states the federal govt has authority over militia type organizations so why don’t they just roll them up? 

Well a peaceful militia is just a group of like minded people.no different than any any other cult, sportsmen club, church or any other type of organization.

It is what you choose to do that becomes illegal.

 

Personally I am waiting for Trump to pardon them.  Along with Kyle rittenhouse.  Let Trump's so called law and order stand be shown for what it is favortism to his cronies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure trump has already come out and condemned the unlawful intentions of these guys, I just missed it.

And Barr...whew...he's going to be on these guys like flies on shit!  Spray painting a statue is small beans compared to

these guys!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I'm sure trump has already come out and condemned the unlawful intentions of these guys, I just missed it.

And Barr...whew...he's going to be on these guys like flies on shit!  Spray painting a statue is small beans compared to

these guys! 

These are the guys who, like Burning Karen-Jeff and Whatever Tom, are full to the gills of big talk about how the Constitution guarantees them the right to overthrow the gubbermint if it turns tyrannical. That's what the Founding Fathers had in mind! Ignoring the obvious history of the Founding Fathers themselves stamping out two rebellions against their tyranny (taxing liquor!) in their own lifetimes.

Of course, what they mean is, they think they have the right to overthrow the gov't if it is controlled by Democrats.

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I'm sure trump has already come out and condemned the unlawful intentions of these guys, I just missed it.

And Barr...whew...he's going to be on these guys like flies on shit!  Spray painting a statue is small beans compared to

these guys!

This was a win for the FBI and MSP.  Whitmer is tough and won't be shaken by this.  This is not Michigan, we are largely pretty decent folks and I can only say that this might have happened anywhere in the country.  Just sad, for all of us.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

 this might have happened anywhere in the country.  

Not really.   Maybe ⅔ of the country. Don't kid yourself though: This state has an awful lot of alabama-level idiots roaming around.  I honestly almost feel bad for them, they are like shooting fish in barrels for the FBI guys trolling the web.  Wait til the granular details are available and you see how easy it was to get them to put themselves in prison for a decade.  

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

why the heck are these so called militia groups even allowed? 

(1)freedom of assembly

(2)right to bear arms

The good news is that they are always idiots and usually incels, and as long as we have a working FBI with a priority to catch all of them it should not take them more than a few short years.  The FBI stamps shit out when they want to, and nothing is easier than convincing a fairy-worshipping Grand Rapids incel to tell you on tape that yes, he wants to buy some explosives and blow up some librulz.  That's 20 years in prison in some states, not sure about fed statutes but people get 10-15 all the time for trying to make bombs.  It won't take long for the rest of these cretins to slink back into church and forget about revolution once a few hundred of their loudest are behind bars.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not really.   Maybe ⅔ of the country. Don't kid yourself though: This state has an awful lot of alabama-level idiots roaming around.  I honestly almost feel bad for them, they are like shooting fish in barrels for the FBI guys trolling the web.  Wait til the granular details are available and you see how easy it was to get them to put themselves in prison for a decade.  

 

 

 

 

I heard on CNN they were turned in by a member of the group who was alarmed when they started drawing up plans to kill cops

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not really.   Maybe ⅔ of the country. Don't kid yourself though: This state has an awful lot of alabama-level idiots roaming around.  I honestly almost feel bad for them, they are like shooting fish in barrels for the FBI guys trolling the web.  Wait til the granular details are available and you see how easy it was to get them to put themselves in prison for a decade.  

I do remember the asshole in Howell who was purported to be the Grand Wizard.  And of course, we have Timothy McVeigh hanging around our necks.  I live in the urban suburbs, as do you, and don't interact with the lunatic fringe very often.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I heard on CNN they were turned in by a member of the group who was alarmed when they started drawing up plans to kill cops

They were alerted to a private social media group by a screenshot, I believe. The feds then sent in a C.I. (who could be almost anyone) via social media to offer them assistance to help them carry out their felonious plans.  he got them to invite him to Ohio, where he convinced them to enlist another group to help carry out their plans.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

(1)freedom of assembly

(2)right to bear arms

The good news is that they are always idiots and usually incels, and as long as we have a working FBI with a priority to catch all of them it should not take them more than a few short years.  The FBI stamps shit out when they want to, and nothing is easier than convincing a fairy-worshipping Grand Rapids incel to tell you on tape that yes, he wants to buy some explosives and blow up some librulz.  That's 20 years in prison in some states, not sure about fed statutes but people get 10-15 all the time for trying to make bombs.  It won't take long for the rest of these cretins to slink back into church and forget about revolution once a few hundred of their loudest are behind bars.

 

 

 

 

A working FBI, man Donnies gonna be pissed.

Like their bretheren the Proud Boyz these boys were under orders from the POTUS himself they were meant to stand down and stand by till November 4th, good help is so hard to find these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

(1)freedom of assembly

(2)right to bear arms

The good news is that they are always idiots and usually incels, and as long as we have a working FBI with a priority to catch all of them it should not take them more than a few short years.  The FBI stamps shit out when they want to, and nothing is easier than convincing a fairy-worshipping Grand Rapids incel to tell you on tape that yes, he wants to buy some explosives and blow up some librulz.  That's 20 years in prison in some states, not sure about fed statutes but people get 10-15 all the time for trying to make bombs.  It won't take long for the rest of these cretins to slink back into church and forget about revolution once a few hundred of their loudest are behind bars.

 

 

 

 

Does "well regulated" mean anything?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

A working FBI, man Donnies gonna be pissed.

Like their bretheren the Proud Boyz these boys were under orders from the POTUS himself they were meant to stand down and stand by till November 4th, good help is so hard to find these days.

It takes a certain IQ to be a right wing militiaman in an unironic way

Link to post
Share on other sites
Trump's condemnation for you :mellow:
 
kUuht00m_bigger.jpg
 
Governor Whitmer of Michigan has done a terrible job. She locked down her state for everyone, except her husband’s boating activities. The Federal Government provided tremendous help to the Great People of Michigan. My Justice Department and Federal Law Enforcement announced.
.today that they foiled a dangerous plot against the Governor of Michigan. Rather than say thank you, she calls me a White Supremacist—while Biden and Democrats refuse to condemn Antifa, Anarchists, Looters and Mobs that burn down Democrat run cities.
.I do not tolerate ANY extreme violence. Defending ALL Americans, even those who oppose and attack me, is what I will always do as your President! Governor Whitmer—open up your state, open up your schools, and open up your churches!
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, astro said:

So it's come to this.

I told you that the protest and posing with gunz was just a dressed rehersel.

So what do you think these people will do when the Dems get back in to their state?  Or Biden is announced as President?

Did you? how very perceptive of you.

The whole 2A thing is a rehearsal for armed insurrection  ya dill.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The security around the inauguration is going to NEED to be extreme.  No getting out of the the limo and walking the last few blocks.  No Joe and Jill dance at the balls.  

Fucking tRump and his band of gun-hugging delusional losers.  They are changing our country and I hate it.  

 

Decades ago, I was hiking through the Catskill hills and stumbled on an empty militia training camp. Full of hate and fantasy.  It was frightening then and would be terrifying now.   It seems those deviant souls steadily breed and never go away.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
Trump's condemnation for you :mellow:
 
kUuht00m_bigger.jpg
 
Governor Whitmer of Michigan has done a terrible job. She locked down her state for everyone, except her husband’s boating activities. The Federal Government provided tremendous help to the Great People of Michigan. My Justice Department and Federal Law Enforcement announced.
.today that they foiled a dangerous plot against the Governor of Michigan. Rather than say thank you, she calls me a White Supremacist—while Biden and Democrats refuse to condemn Antifa, Anarchists, Looters and Mobs that burn down Democrat run cities.
.I do not tolerate ANY extreme violence. Defending ALL Americans, even those who oppose and attack me, is what I will always do as your President! Governor Whitmer—open up your state, open up your schools, and open up your churches!

Define extreme.

In trump's "debate" his comments were suggesting that left leaning violence was "extreme".

Right leaning violence just fine. 

Must be a bitch when you are a resident of US, and you thought you were PRESIDENT.

There is NO ONE running this country. Good thing the FBI is still on the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

The security around the inauguration is going to NEED to be extreme.  No getting out of the the limo and walking the last few blocks. 

worst case we lose a 79 year old, replace him with a youngish progressive woman who then selects an even more progressive woman as her VP.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

worst case we lose a 79 year old, replace him with a youngish progressive woman who then selects an even more progressive woman as her VP.  

Apparently tRump is "extremely young" at 74.  So that sets the standard.

Hell, Biden will only be 78 at the inaugural, really just a spring chicken. He can probably duck and cover until his second year in office.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I will not be surprised if someone is shot at a polling place on 3 November.  Thank you Mr. President.

All its going to take is that happening (or a bombing) in a couple different places and people will go back home or not show at all out of fear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

The security around the inauguration is going to NEED to be extreme.  No getting out of the the limo and walking the last few blocks.  No Joe and Jill dance at the balls.  

Fucking tRump and his band of gun-hugging delusional losers.  They are changing our country and I hate it.  

 

Decades ago, I was hiking through the Catskill hills and stumbled on an empty militia training camp. Full of hate and fantasy.  It was frightening then and would be terrifying now.   It seems those deviant souls steadily breed and never go away.  

Then there’s the Redoubt, and it’s closer to you, it’s filling up,  & not empty.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am  hopeful that when the right wing gun nuts see just how popular the Anti Trump sentiment is on Nov 3rd, they  pack up the gunz and disappear, of course you will have some low IQ knuckleheads that totally misread this, it could get interesting .

But these guys are pussies when they see they are losing as evadent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not really.   Maybe ⅔ of the country. Don't kid yourself though: This state has an awful lot of alabama-level idiots roaming around.  I honestly almost feel bad for them, they are like shooting fish in barrels for the FBI guys trolling the web.  Wait til the granular details are available and you see how easy it was to get them to put themselves in prison for a decade.  

 

 

 

 

I'll guess that our old friend Carl is a member.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, benwynn said:

Well, if these were well regulated militias there could be some rules against kidnapping governors that could be reviewed at the gatherings once or twice in the course of a year.

Too bad the gatherings are too hard. 

Yes, really checking to see that they have appropriate weaponry and ammo has long been regarded as the most practical solution.

Quote

Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped; and in order to see that this be not neglected, it will be necessary to assemble them once or twice in the course of a year.

Good thing that most here seem to think any weapon is a "weapon of war" and thus suitable for militia use and protected by the 2nd.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

big talk about how the Constitution guarantees them the right to overthrow the gubbermint if it turns tyrannical.

Except it doesn’t. There’s 200 years of laws passed since that wiped this out. Any private army that publicly espouses this view should be shut down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:
10 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

big talk about how the Constitution guarantees them the right to overthrow the gubbermint if it turns tyrannical.

Except it doesn’t. There’s 200 years of laws passed since that wiped this out. Any private army that publicly espouses this view should be shut down.

Yep

It was NEVER the intent of the 2nd Amendment to let citizens arm themselves against the duly elected gov't. George Washington himself crushed a rebellion against his gov't. You'd think the pinheads would take a hint, but they won't. I argued this point with some of the SA gun nutz here (the proud ammosexuals) but realized pretty quickly that it is pointless, they will not (probably cannot) learn. You carry on though, if you want.

- DSK

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gangbusters said:

Hope you are right but I still see social media posts from Michigan family and friends that still are Trump supporters as well as COVID deniers. We will be in Michigan over the weekend fully masked up.

Yeah, we've definitely got some nutters here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

"men of ordinary courage could have formed an armed party to fight their way in

Likely Proud boys quote..   

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hobot said:

All its going to take is that happening (or a bombing) in a couple different places and people will go back home or not show at all out of fear.

Call in the UN to make sure the election goes good..  MAGA!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Call in the UN to make sure the election goes good..  MAGA!!!!!

Jimmy Carter and the election observers. Who knew we'd need them here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's what gets me.  What has he done since 2018 to bring people back into the fold? 

If there is another debate, Biden needs to point things like this out.  Trump and Pence keep talking about what they will do in the next four years.  Why haven't they done in in their first four years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jhc said:

DeVos family?

Bingo!

Even though they live in Illinois, Wisconsin has a mini-version of the DeVos crowd, the Uihleins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dog said:

 

I'm sure you think there's some connection between right wing fascists and left wing activists, but you are incorrect. As the FBI stated, it's your elk we need to be worried about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I'm sure you think there's some connection between right wing fascists and left wing activists, but you are incorrect. As the FBI stated, it's your elk we need to be worried about.

We do need to worried about right wing assholes. But you frame it such a way as to imply that we only need to be worried about right wing assholes which is not the FBI's position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I'm sure you think there's some connection between right wing fascists and left wing activists, but you are incorrect. As the FBI stated, it's your elk we need to be worried about. 

But Hitler was a lefty socialist!!!1!1!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew!  Slept in on the west coast.  Just getting up and starting the day.

Somebody please point me to where our president and justice department strongly condemned these treasonous acts.

I'd be ok with a Rosie style condemnation. Make fun of their looks, etc.  Or a horseface reference.

I mean, it doesn't have to go as far as a Kapernick nuclear one. "Son-of-a-bitch" and all.

But he's pretty vocal about the people he doesn't like.  

So I'm SURE he's spent the evening railing against these guys, right?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dog said:

We do need to worried about right wing assholes. But you frame it such a way as to imply that we only need to be worried about right wing assholes which is not the FBI's position. 

Did the DHS say right wing extremists were the top threat or not?  Did Trump continue to attack Gov Whitmer even after this plot was exposed or not?  Did Trump tweet "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Whew!  Slept in on the west coast.  Just getting up and starting the day.

Somebody please point me to where our president and justice department strongly condemned these treasonous acts.

I'd be ok with a Rosie style condemnation. Make fun of their looks, etc.  Or a horseface reference.

I mean, it doesn't have to go as far as a Kapernick nuclear one. "Son-of-a-bitch" and all.

But he's pretty vocal about the people he doesn't like.  

So I'm SURE he's spent the evening railing against these guys, right?

They did more than that. They uncovered the plot, arrested them and charged them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Did the DHS say right wing extremists were the top threat or not?  Did Trump continue to attack Gov Whitmer even after this plot was exposed or not?  Did Trump tweet "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" or not?

Is it the FBI's position that we only need to be concerned about right wing assholes or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dog said:

They did more than that. They arrested them and charged them.

The FBI?  The same FBI Trump called human scum?  The same FBI that Trump says is corrupt to the core?  Did Trump tweet his support for law and order after the arrests?  Did Trump praise the FBI for acting quickly and taking down a group of violent extremists?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, like 12 seconds out of his day.

All it would take to mention the horrible act these guys were plotting, and how they were stopped

in their tracks, and that people considering following in the footsteps of these guys will meet with swift justice.

He could send a very powerful signal by saying that.

But that's only if he wanted to send that type of signal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dog said:

We do need to worried about right wing assholes. But you frame it such a way as to imply that we only need to be worried about right wing assholes which is not the FBI's position. 

Fucking Vichy POS.

Link to post
Share on other sites