Kidnap the democRAT Governor!

25 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Pence knows he's going to hell, in '96 he had sex with his wife just for enjoyment, without the intention or desire to procreate.  

Or was it 69?

5 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

It is not.  Now answer my questions dipshit.

The FBI?  The same FBI Trump called human scum? I'm not aware of that  The same FBI that Trump says is corrupt to the core? Or that  Did Trump tweet his support for law and order after the arrests? Don't know  Did Trump praise the FBI for acting quickly and taking down a group of violent extremists?  Don't know

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

The FBI?  The same FBI Trump called human scum? I'm not aware of that  The same FBI that Trump says is corrupt to the core? Or that  Did Trump tweet his support for law and order after the arrests? Don't know  Did Trump praise the FBI for acting quickly and taking down a group of violent extremists?  Don't know

maybe you should try different news feeds Fido 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Dog said:

You don’t know much.

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:
2 hours ago, Dog said:

.... I'm not aware of that  ...   ... Or that  ....    ... Don't know  ...    ...  Don't know

You don’t know much.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

But, he knows it loudly.

And almost everything he knows is wrong

- DSK

1 hour ago, austin1972 said:

I'm in Grand Haven and it's either normal, turbo Christians or hipsters. Weird combo that somehow works.

How can normal ethical Western Michiganders think that the Amway business model is OK? or christian? 

On 10/8/2020 at 6:24 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Wait for more to come in this direction. The DSA is on the brink of a civil war with this election an the suckers and losers like BB are adding fuel to the fire.

9 hours ago, Dog said:

Dog is a lying cunt.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, Shortforbob said:
Trump's condemnation for you :mellow:

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Governor Whitmer of Michigan has done a terrible job. She locked down her state for everyone, except her husband’s boating activities. The Federal Government provided tremendous help to the Great People of Michigan. My Justice Department and Federal Law Enforcement announced.
.today that they foiled a dangerous plot against the Governor of Michigan. Rather than say thank you, she calls me a White Supremacist—while Biden and Democrats refuse to condemn Antifa, Anarchists, Looters and Mobs that burn down Democrat run cities.
.I do not tolerate ANY extreme violence. Defending ALL Americans, even those who oppose and attack me, is what I will always do as your President! Governor Whitmer—open up your state, open up your schools, and open up your churches!

The first man of Michigan is a sailor?  :)  At least sailboats and canoes were ok-

DD5BE9BA-E774-4728-85E3-DB1294331792.jpeg

6 hours ago, austin1972 said:

Hey, if you want to participate in a well known pyramid scheme, have at it.

Neat!  You meet the nicest people!  In the comfort of their own living rooms!  :)

On 10/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, AJ Oliver said:

Waiting for the local Reich to condemn this . . 

Drumph and the entire Reichista GOP are responsible for 

catapulting the crazy. 

Does @BravoBravo  have an alibi ? 

I'm not part of whatever you keep calling the "reich".  But I condemn it in the strongest possible and unambiguous terms.  I hope these asshats spend the rest of their idiot lives in jail.  

On 10/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, Cal20sailor said:

I will not be surprised if someone is shot at a polling place on 3 November.  Thank you Mr. President.

Unfortunately, I think that is pretty much a certainty.  The only question is who will pull the trigger first?  A rightwing white supremacist nutter or a leftwing Antifa nutter?  It's a tossup.

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Unfortunately, I think that is pretty much a certainty.  The only question is who will pull the trigger first?  A rightwing white supremacist nutter or a leftwing Antifa nutter?  It's a tossup.

Uh no.  It's not a tossup.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

No it isn't a toss up you tosser.

7 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Nope

This thread is about Reich-Wing terror - 

which would be less of a concern were the country not awash in gunz. 

And the FBI, to their credit, are not falling for the Reich Wing & Drumphian meme 

that Antifa is as much of a danger as Pro-Fa 

28 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I'm not part of whatever you keep calling the "reich".  But I condemn it in the strongest possible and unambiguous terms.  I hope these asshats spend the rest of their idiot lives in jail.  

There was a plot to kidnap the governor, and the suspects were arrested before they could carry out their plan. 

If only all violent crime were treated this way.

22 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Seems to me that these shitbags are domestic terrorists, not a militia. 

Correct.  Here's a very informative explanation of the difference here:  

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/922375785/extremism-researcher-on-prevalence-of-militia-groups-in-the-pandemic

MILLER-IDRISS: We're seeing more and different kinds. So it's important to understand these as part of a spectrum that is very fragmented. But we are seeing more recruitment, especially under the pandemic conditions, and a broader range of groups, including new ones.

CORNISH: Can we talk about this angle of the pandemic? I've been hearing it a lot. Lots of us are stuck at home. Lots of us are not joining militia groups. So why do people who do the work you do think there's a connection?

MILLER-IDRISS: Well, they're forming new social media groups and putting ideas out there that people latch onto. But then all of the conditions that create what we call vulnerabilities are there as well, which means, you know, increasing anxiety, lack of control over one's life, isolation and lack of belonging to other people makes people a little bit vulnerable to calls to act heroically or engage with meaning and purpose in some way. Obviously, the vast majority of people do not join militias who experience those conditions. But we are seeing increasing participation in conspiracy theories, increasing mobilization around militias and across the whole spectrum.

CORNISH: There's another thing people are bringing up. Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said that these groups are taking advantage of all the upheaval going on right now. She mentions the pandemic but also the racial justice protests. Does this ring true to you?

MILLER-IDRISS: Absolutely. I think of it as three waves of the militia mobilization. It started with Richmond, the protests in January around the Second Amendment protests where you had, I think, 22,000 people come out and then the shelter-in-place orders and the protests at state capitols and then co-opting, I should say, the peaceful protests around the Black Lives Matter and racial injustice. So where you had groups...

CORNISH: But co-opting in what way? What are they saying?

MILLER-IDRISS: So we had militia and vigilante groups showing up who were saying they're protecting the police or law enforcement, and then you have groups showing up who want to spark a race war or want to create further chaos or harm protesters. So they're - the groups are not always aligned with their own objectives. And so you can't think of it as one unified group but as clusters of small groups that sometimes are at odds with each other.

CORNISH: The final factor that we've been hearing a lot about is the president himself using racist language on Twitter and in person. He's also repeatedly been rebuked for not saying enough to condemn white supremacist actions. Does his rhetoric figure into the growth of these groups? Is there actually evidence of that so far?

MILLER-IDRISS: There's evidence, generally speaking, in the research that the incendiary words of elected officials leads to greater violence against vulnerable populations. And what we have seen in the U.S. is that there is a perception on the part of far-right extremist groups that they have been legitimized. So, you know, even if it's not intentional, that's the way it's received.

And here is another really good listen about who and what are the "militia":

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/922375824/why-fbi-says-people-accused-of-plotting-attacks-in-michigan-are-part-of-a-militi

CORNISH: So when news broke out of Michigan yesterday, the word militia was immediately thrown out there by law enforcement, government officials, members of the media - including us, obviously. You study this. What exactly is meant when these agencies use the term militia?

BELEW: Well, let me just begin by clarifying that the militias that I'm going to be talking about are also terrorist a lot of the time, and they are illegal all of the time. All 50 states have laws prohibiting paramilitary militias of the kind that we see in stories like this one. But I think that the distinction here is about what kind of white supremacist or right-wing anti-government terrorism is at play in a given context and what that context can tell us about what this movement is and what it is trying to accomplish.

CORNISH: Give us a little more detail about the elements that are at play, then.

BELEW: Sure. So there are kind of two kinds of militia that people are talking about in the public discourse today. One has to do with the idea of the well-regulated militia enumerated in the Second Amendment. It's really important for people to remember that that militia does not exist as a private effort anymore. Those militias were mandated and controlled by the state, and they were all incorporated into National Guard units in the early 20th century. So there's not a through line from the Second Amendment militia to the private militias we're talking about now, even though those groups sometimes claim that there is.

Now, the militias that we're talking about, like the ones in this story about the attempted kidnapping of Gov. Whitmer, are part of a social movement that has been active in our nation for several decades. And it's part of a longer history of a thing called the white power movement, which brought together Klansmen, neo-Nazis, skinheads and others in the 1980s and then moved into some parts of the burgeoning militia movement in the early 1990s.

CORNISH: Why not call any of this domestic terror, call these folks domestic terror cells?

BELEW: I think they are domestic terror cells, but the thing is that there are several different flavors of domestic terror cells within this movement. So when experts use the word militia, what we're trying to do is distinguish between one part of the ideology versus another, right? So - but so when we think about a militia terrorist or a militia activist, we're thinking about a particular kind of public presentation and a set of related kinds of violent activism that they might choose to carry out. That's not the same as if we're talking about an underground paramilitary cell or if we're talking about an aboveground KKK group. And the specifics let the experts do the work of figuring out what this is and how it works.

CORNISH: It's interesting thinking back to what you said earlier about the Second Amendment because does using the term essentially lend that kind of patriotic lens to extremist groups when we throw around the word militia?

BELEW: You know, I don't know quite where that pushback is coming from. And, strikingly, I've been studying this phenomenon since 2005, and only in the last two weeks have I ever heard this kind of a pushback against the use of the term. And it seems to be coming, on the one hand, from people in National Guard units who don't want to be lumped into this, understandably. But also it seems to be coming from the left by way of saying that the word militia imbues some kind of neutral and order-keeping and legitimate face onto these groups. So when I use that word, militia, it's not to imbue any kind of positive connotation; it's simply to describe the type of activism that we need to confront.

40 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Ah - no it is not. I would put the odds at about 99% Trumpers 1% Antifa.

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Sure, Antifa and the left are just the same as the Reich-Wing extremists  . . 

murders.jpg

The profa guys are shooting high power rifles.   The Antifa guys have pistols held sideways.   They couldn’t equal the right on political murder even if they wanted to.   Fortunately the profa guys aren’t strong enough to lug much ammo and are limited to targets accessible by truck.   Unfortunately polling stations are conveniently located near roads.  

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

That's your Bothsiderism acting up agin. You just need to up your hydroxychloroquine dosage a tad.

Did you read about that Air Force Boogaloo Boi who murdered a Federal Protective Services officer in Oakland? He murdered a sheriff down in Santa Cruz as well. His heroic work even got a shout out from Pence at the RNC, blaming it on the left of course.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I figure my odds of ever being injured or killed by Antifa as close to zero as you can get and Profa quite a bit higher.

Yeah, quite easy not to get killed by antifa. They don't plan on killing prople anyway and if you want to take extreme measures you can just not be a fascist.

Not being black, jewish, disabled, etc so fascists won't kill you is harder.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

As much as I'd like to consider your cherry picking to be making a point, I'll go with the FBI determination on what comprises the greatest domestic security threat.

At least until Trump fires everybody over there who doesn't stay in lock set with his narratives.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I am beginning to understand you.  You are taken for a walk and you shit in the park.  Your caretaker puts your value in a more sociable place.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

These shitbags are our Taliban. 

I think more like DAESH/ISIL. Like the latter Emperor Tang's militias rely on self-starting rather than hierarchical control. Like ISIL, Tang's bois rely on an ideology to inspire self-starting individuals to do stupid shit without any direct contact with leaders. Dog-whistles only.  

LANSING, MI - SEPTEMBER 17: (EDITOR'S NOTE: Image contains profanity.) Members of local militia join second amendment advocates in a march from the capitol building to the Michigan Supreme Court building on September 17, 2020 in Lansing, Michigan. Second Amendment protesters filled the lawn of the Michigan State Capitol to protest restrictions on guns.  (Photo by Matthew Hatcher/Getty Images)

While the Trump administration and its right-wing-media cohort have been relentlessly selling America on the notion that “antifa” and “the violent left” pose a dire existential threat to the nation, this week’s arrests of 13 “Boogaloo” militiamen in Michigan for plotting to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer drove home the reality this narrative is intended to obscure: Namely, that Trump’s rhetoric and policies have unleashed a second pandemic in the form of far-right domestic terrorism.

That reality was substantiated earlier in the week when a suppressed Homeland Security intelligence assessment was released to the public, showing that DHS officials believe violent white supremacists pose the “most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland.” Higher-ups in the administration had attempted to keep assessment under wraps, purportedly because of how it might “reflect upon President Trump.” The Michigan arrests have shattered any such delusions.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/8/1984983/-Trump-s-domestic-terror-policies-rhetoric-gave-flight-to-Michigan-militiamen-s-murderous-plot

Trump's actions are irrelevant to his supporters who only pay attention to the sound waves that are coming out of his mouth.

He could be standing in waist deep water in Louisiana right now and be saying there is no storm surge.  Trumptard conclusion: There is no storm surge.

"At least he says what is on his mind. "

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

It seems that the wingnuts and whackos are now coming after Republicans

“ Activist with ties to Ohio Republican legislators plotted to kidnap and kill Governor Mike DeWine“

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/10/24/ohio-o24.html

19 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

It seems that the wingnuts and whackos are now coming after Republicans

“ Activist with ties to Ohio Republican legislators plotted to kidnap and kill Governor Mike DeWine“

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/10/24/ohio-o24.html

Not surprised.   He's viewed as a traitor in conservative areas.  'The virus is clearly a scam by hospitals to gain federal money and hardly anybody is dead that wasn't already dying.'  I've listened to a few of his weekly covid updates.    I'm always left with gratitude I don't have his job.   He manages to never call members of his own party a moran, even when they try to impeach him or go around deliberately breaking mask rules as a role model of how to best infect their neighbors.    He also failed to protest or thwart the arrest of several Republican legislators for bribery.   He has a lot of enemies.   

On 10/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, Left Shift said:
On 10/11/2020 at 3:31 AM, AJ Oliver said:

Sure, Antifa and the left are just the same as the Reich-Wing extremists  . . 

murders.jpg

Well, the 74%ers have an excuse.  The 2% made them do it.  

That is the 98% actually. The islamists are also right-wing extremists.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, kent_island_sailor said:

I had to look and now I am out some cash damn you Biden undercover money grubber! :P

They don’t give up easy. ...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

First sentence in Michigan governor kidnapping plot to be handed down

Prosecutors preparing for the first prison sentence in an alleged plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer are loudly signaling to five other defendants that a key insider has shared extraordinary details about the operation.

Ty Garbin cooperated within weeks of being arrested, willingly putting a “target on his back to begin his own redemption,” the government said in a court filing.

Prosecutors want U.S. District Judge Robert Jonker to take it into consideration Wednesday when he sentences Garbin for conspiracy. The government is recommending a nine-year prison term, a long stretch but one that would be even longer if he had not assisted investigators after being charged.

The FBI said in October that it had broken up a scheme by anti-government extremists to kidnap Whitmer, a Democrat, because her coronavirus restrictions had upset them. Six men were charged in federal court, while others were charged in state court with aiding them.

Garbin, a 25-year-old airplane mechanic, is the only federal defendant to plead guilty. The others are awaiting trial.

“He filled in gaps in the government’s knowledge by recounting conversations and actions that did not include any government informant or ability to record,” Assistant U.S. Atty. Nils Kessler said.

“Second, he confirmed that the plot was real, not just ‘big talk between crackpots,’ as suggested by co-defendants. Third, he dispelled any suggestion that the conspirators were entrapped by government informants.”

In his plea agreement, Garbin said the six men trained at his property near Luther, Mich., constructing a “shoot house” to resemble Whitmer’s vacation home and “assaulting it with firearms.”

A Tennessee-based group called Parents for Peace said it helps people move away from extremist movements. It is asking the judge for a “minimal” prison sentence, noting that Garbin’s rocky childhood and other factors contributed to his decisions.

The group’s hotline has “received a significant increase in calls during the COVID-19 pandemic,” Parents for Peace said in a court filing. “Extremism has continued to be on the rise, and as more and more people were stuck at home, online and found their social networks broken, people turned to extremism.”

28 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

First sentence in Michigan governor kidnapping plot to be handed down

Prosecutors preparing for the first prison sentence in an alleged plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer are loudly signaling to five other defendants that a key insider has shared extraordinary details about the operation.

Ty Garbin cooperated within weeks of being arrested, willingly putting a “target on his back to begin his own redemption,” the government said in a court filing.

Prosecutors want U.S. District Judge Robert Jonker to take it into consideration Wednesday when he sentences Garbin for conspiracy. The government is recommending a nine-year prison term, a long stretch but one that would be even longer if he had not assisted investigators after being charged.

The FBI said in October that it had broken up a scheme by anti-government extremists to kidnap Whitmer, a Democrat, because her coronavirus restrictions had upset them. Six men were charged in federal court, while others were charged in state court with aiding them.

Garbin, a 25-year-old airplane mechanic, is the only federal defendant to plead guilty. The others are awaiting trial.

“He filled in gaps in the government’s knowledge by recounting conversations and actions that did not include any government informant or ability to record,” Assistant U.S. Atty. Nils Kessler said.

“Second, he confirmed that the plot was real, not just ‘big talk between crackpots,’ as suggested by co-defendants. Third, he dispelled any suggestion that the conspirators were entrapped by government informants.”

In his plea agreement, Garbin said the six men trained at his property near Luther, Mich., constructing a “shoot house” to resemble Whitmer’s vacation home and “assaulting it with firearms.”

A Tennessee-based group called Parents for Peace said it helps people move away from extremist movements. It is asking the judge for a “minimal” prison sentence, noting that Garbin’s rocky childhood and other factors contributed to his decisions.

The group’s hotline has “received a significant increase in calls during the COVID-19 pandemic,” Parents for Peace said in a court filing. “Extremism has continued to be on the rise, and as more and more people were stuck at home, online and found their social networks broken, people turned to extremism.”

There had better be state charges too, or the next GOP President will pardon the lot of them. 

On 4/28/2021 at 12:54 PM, kent_island_sailor said:

They had nukes? WTF

A hand grenade or a pipe bomb could be considered a WOMD.

NY Times calls it a precursor to Jan. 6th -

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/25/us/gretchen-whitmer-kidnapping-plot-michigan.html

Excerpt -

The only defendant to plead guilty to taking part in a plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan was sentenced on Wednesday to six years and three months in prison.

Ty G. Garbin, 25, an airplane mechanic, was the first defendant to be sentenced for what prosecutors have described as an extremist plot driven by anger at the governor’s efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

The 14 men arrested in October face charges in federal and state courts in one of the most significant domestic terrorism plots ever to come to trial in the United States. The defendants, many of them members of an antigovernment paramilitary group in Michigan called the Wolverine Watchmen, coalesced around protests against Covid-19 lockdown measures.

After initially weighing storming the State Capitol in Lansing, they decided to abduct Governor Whitmer from her vacation home, according to prosecutors. Their efforts were seen as a precursor to the violence unleashed at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

9 hours ago, Sean said:

an extremist plot driven by anger at the governor’s efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

And dreamed up by... um... the FBI.

An examination of the case by BuzzFeed News also reveals that some of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.

5 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

And dreamed up by... um... the FBI.

Yeah, sure.  The FBI bought the property to train on, they funded and built the shoot house and, the drugged the moron so he'd plead guilty to get a lesser sentence.  Them FBI guys are something else.

• Like 1

Your link has two specific claims.

One guy wore a wiretap for six months.    He had real world experience killing people and overthrowing governments, trained by the army.   He seems like a natural go to guy that might be expected to have some level of authority.   He may be pro democracy and eager to rat out Insurrection.    That doesn’t automatically mean he caused the attempted Michigan coup.     There is also the question, not addressed, of what point he started reporting to the FBI.   Did he initially go along with it then realize his buddies weren’t just shooting some bull?   Was he there just for a chance to play undercover man?   There is a difference between directing the insurrection in a harmless direction and entrapment.  

They got explosives from an FBI source.    That’s very smart, all they wanted from one known source, controlled by the Feds, drastically reduces the risk of real explosives being used either in the main operation or any unknown side projects.  That’s protecting innocent life and property,  

Most dangerous would be to be seen as ‘not committed enough to the cause’, so the insurrectionists abandon the informants as ‘cold feet’ and go in another untethered direction.   Trump supporters at all levels have a history of accepting aid from Russian intelligence.

2 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Yeah, sure.  The FBI bought the property to train on, they funded and built the shoot house and, the drugged the moron so he'd plead guilty to get a lesser sentence.  Them FBI guys are something else.

The defendants are certainly free to assert that they were entrapped. All they have to do is prove they had no predisposition to commit the crimes “dreamed up by the FBI.”  Should be no problem to get them off even with that fleshy bubba being turned into a CW