Hello,

Anyone still sailing the SC26 ?

I just bought one and there seems to be very little info on this boat.

I was looking  for :

1. Waterline marking - For anti fouling 

2. Any detailed pics of the A-Frame for the mast raising system

All I have found is a line drawing of the A-frame which isn't really helpful

Would appreciate if anybody can come up with some info

Thanks

Nandan

Just wondering, how much did it run you and where in the world did you find one?

I had been trying to buy one for the longest time but there are SO few that I don't even know where I would start looking...

As for your waterline marking for painting the bottom, I would seriously want you to consider putting the boat on a floating dock system (like airbags) as that boat is meant to have a clean shiny bottom to go as fast as possible. Plus you can't fold it and have it in the water anyways (the sides of the float would have to also be anti fouled, which soooooome f-boats do and it looks HIDEOUS), but you can fold it in the water if you are on a floating dock of some type.

I found this one in Phuket Thailand where they were originally built by CMI composites.

I saw the advert in the local Yacht club and followed it up

I believe there still are a quite a few brand new still around

This is my first multihull , never sailed a multi before.

Unfortunately there is little info on the internet and  all references on the SeaCart 26 stop around 2015/16 , I have looked everywhere on the internet trying to get more info.

Still hoping to find somebody who's still sailing a SC26

Is Calle still involved with SeaCarts 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:40 PM, Floating Duck said:

Just wondering, how much did it run you and where in the world did you find one?

I had been trying to buy one for the longest time but there are SO few that I don't even know where I would start looking...

This one sold just 1 month ago in Norway. I was tempted and it had an attratvie pricepoint, but could neither get wide enough docking nor did it fit our YCs dry sailing facilities.

https://www.finn.no/boat/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=99446488

8 hours ago, plywoodboy said:

That is a lovely boat. Not a practical folder I think but still better than a Diam in that way.  Yummy.

Yes I was very very tempted on a SC26 before heading the Diam route. But it's honestly a toss up;

- Seacart comes with foils already, but

- Combined with its centerboard, makes it slower than the Diam in light winds due to the increased drag.

- Seacart "folds" easier for trailering, but

- The Diam has a 2 piece mast, so the overall package is MUCH shorter than any almost trailerable multi (height wise and length wise). And the Diam is about half the weight. 

- The Diam can be sailed shorthanded, the Seacart not so much as you need someone in the pit trimming for the required loads 

The two boats are more similar than they are different to each other. 

• 2 weeks later...

We raced against that SC26 sold in Norway some years back - it had Norw. top sailer as skipper but we beat it - the SC26 is not even close to the SC30 in quality and performance made from Marstrøm. 

On 11/5/2020 at 2:44 AM, SeaGul said:

the SC26 is not even close to the SC30 in quality and performance made from Marstrøm. 

Apples to oranges, there was about a 5x difference in price between them.

That was exactly the point of the design brief for the 26, to make it much more accessible to everyone who couldn't afford an all-carbon-hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars-SC30.

Now if it doesn't sail to its rating, well that's another discussion all together.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

FWIW, bearing in mind it is hard to get fully comparable data, but my best fit in terms of Base/Average Speeds with 3 crew are:

SC 30 ~13.1 knots

SC 26 ~11.5 knots

Diam 24 ~10.9 knots.

What does your base speed say for the Diam with only 2 crew? Curious.

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 4:12 AM, Nandan said:

Finally rigged and launched yesterday 

Sails will go on tomorow 

IMG_1615.JPG

Unknown-6.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Cool boat.  Congrats and best of luck.  Work it and you up carefully if its your first multihull. 

• 2 weeks later...