Why no A5 in Yachting Cup?

we really wanted to race, but there just wasnt a class for us. there werent any similar boats, and we would have been the slowest boat after 2 j/80's by like 30 secs per mile in their class. that didnt make sense to me and didnt seem like much fun.

we did practice sat and we will again this sat, its fun to start to get to learn the boat.

our first race will be the cra halloween regatta oct 31 and then hot rum series starting on nov 7. not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Editor said:

we really wanted to race, but there just wasnt a class for us. there werent any similar boats, and we would have been the slowest boat after 2 j/80's by like 30 secs per mile in their class. that didnt make sense to me and didnt seem like much fun.

we did practice sat and we will again this sat, its fun to start to get to learn the boat.

our first race will be the cra halloween regatta oct 31 and then hot rum series starting on nov 7. not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked!

shocked you weren't out today. woulda been fast (ish)

Quick thread hijack.

Big Kudos to SDYC for getting Yachting Cup going on pretty short notice.  They pulled off a good socially distanced event.  Raced on the Far roads and had six good races in pretty decent conditions.

Crappy i-phone pic of yachts racing in the distance!

SDYC pic.jpg

• Like 1

It was very fun racing on both days. I was on Fast Exit. I know Fan was on Blue Blazes. Hitchhiker what were you sailing on?

On 10/13/2020 at 9:17 AM, Hitchhiker said:

Quick thread hijack.

Big Kudos to SDYC for getting Yachting Cup going on pretty short notice.  They pulled off a good socially distanced event.  Raced on the Far roads and had six good races in pretty decent conditions.

Crappy i-phone pic of yachts racing in the distance!

SDYC pic.jpg

Is that a photo  you took after you finished of all the other boats in your class struggling to finish?

59 minutes ago, VWAP said:

Is that a photo  you took after you finished of all the other boats in your class struggling to finish?

No.That is a picture of the twins.They're in there somewhere!

11 hours ago, bigrpowr said:

how did you guys do?

We tied on points and lost the count back for first in PHRF A and went 1,1,2,2,1,1 in ORR A.

Considering she was launched just in time for Puerto Vallarta and just before the big shut down, we are moving up the learning curve pretty quickly. The first few races we did up in LA we were having a tough time sailing against Peligroso. It is a weapon on the W/L races. Close reaching we are still working on our sail inventory. And off the wind she is a blast!

On 10/12/2020 at 5:34 PM, Editor said:

I have noticed that the Yachting Cup over the years does not seem to like smaller boats. Why don't the have a class inside the south bay for them? There has to be some smaller boats with higher ratings 120ish + in the SD area that want a class. J80, assorted uldb and old lead mines. I know I have a good duke it out with our Local J 80 when they race. 
I met Dave Cattle at PHRF and he has a J27 around 120. PHRF SD has quite a few boats in this range. Even a few san 525, my dad had one of those.

PHRF So Cal rates the 35-2 at 150 Buoy, RLC, OW. Some local areas have made adjustments.
PHRF SD only shows the 35-2 rated  147    144    141
My little Zap 26 is 135