2020 MAURIPRO Virtual Boat Show

When all boat shows were canceled, we got together and tried to figure out how we can still do something to present new products, interview industry members, and discuss common interest topics. Many key brands, video photographers, and doctors joined the effort to talk about:

a. Skin protection for sailors - Harken Derm
b. Protecting the oceans and artistic underwater photography - Andre Musgrove
c. The color of sailing. Walking the memory lane with Sharon Green
d. New sailing gadgets - Cyclops Marine
and many more (32 in total)

All these were put together in less than 30 days, and with all the limitations on traveling, I think all participants have done a great job presenting their products, stories, and how to turn an idea into a lifetime dream (what Steph Schuldt - How I end up living in the Bahamas),

Every hour (starting at 11 am EST / GMT-4), a new video or presentation will become available for the next three days.

I hope you guys enjoy this year's show: MAURIPRO VIrtual Boat Show

usimage.jpg

Middle Sea Note (Landscape) (c) André Musgrove 2019.jpg

• Like 1

In the early 2000s, when we started, Jerry was one of Gill and RWO's main team members. Funny anecdotes told as we went over how we got the business started, where we are heading, but most importantly, why is it so important to keep the "fun times" going. 

MAURIPRO - How we got started.

Image of the Bahia of Chorrillos, the place where the sailing bug got me. 43 years later, sailing still brings a smile
Disclosure: For those who know me, 20 years living in the USA, and still cannot get rid of my broken accent, I hope you enjoy the video/conversation. 

mpimage (1).jpg

In case you missed these three ones:

Premium Ropes - About ropes and splicing

Stephanie Schuldt - How I end up living in the Bahamas

Cyclops - New gadgets. Remote headstay tension gauge

I personally like the one from Steph; she goes over the whole process of quitting her corporate job, buying a boat, fixing it, and then moving to the Bahamas to live the way many of us always dream about it.

Also, easy to follow splicing how to from Premium and the ultimate headstay tension reader (new gadget)

vbs-cyclops.jpg

Hi Albatros, that is a funny video; thanks for sharing.
BTW: Since 2004, we have been one of the main supporters of Sailing Anarchy, done a couple of events together, so yes, we buy and pay for our ads. This is not an ad; this is an effort from the sailing industry to communicate with you, the sailors. With all boat shows canceled, it was this or not doing nothing at all. 

I am open to hearing other ideas about how we can work together to grow and support sailing; for now, this was the best idea, but I am sure there will be others that will come after this one, and you can be sure that we will be there to support it also.

Back to the presentations, in case you missed yesterday:

Vesper - Cortex, the latest on AIS and marine electronics

Harken - Meet Mark Wiss (Custom and Grand Prix Manager) and Jim Andersen (US Sales Manager)

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, glexpress said:

Mauripro Sailing is around again?  Cool, are they actually shipping goods to people who have paid for them this time or not?  Or at least issuing refunds for goods not rendered? 

Asking for a friend.

Hi  glexpress,
Can you send me the PO# you are referring to,  or share my direct contact with your friend? juan.m @ mauripro.com

With thousands of orders being ship in the USA and worldwide, and with the challenges presented today for global logistics, some manufacturers are having trouble keeping up inventories for all parts (especially special order ones). If there is an issue, 99% of the time, we managed to work it out, but as expectations have gone higher, problems have become more often. We are working extra hard to help all on time. 

Once again, if we screw it up an order, I take full responsibility and will fix it, but we are not Amazon; we don't ship on Sundays or a spinnaker pole overnight.

Please ask your friend to write to me directly, and we will work it out.

Thanks, and enjoy the Virtual Boat Show 

Juan

7 minutes ago, Juan Mauri said:

Hi  glexpress,
Can you send me the PO# you are referring to,  or share my direct contact with your friend? juan.m@mauripro.com

With thousands of orders being ship in the USA and worldwide, and with the challenges presented today for global logistics, some manufacturers are having trouble keeping up inventories for all parts (especially special order ones). If there is an issue, 99% of the time, we managed to work it out, but as expectations have gone higher, problems have become more often. We are working extra hard to help all on time. 

Once again, if we screw it up an order, I take full responsibility and will fix it, but we are not Amazon; we don't ship on Sundays or a spinnaker pole overnight.

Please ask your friend to write to me directly, and we will work it out.

Thanks, and enjoy the Virtual Boat Show 

Juan

This was in 2015, but surprisingly he did track it down and realized there was a refund issue issued, after about 6 months.    Prior post redacted, now he's going to see who's serving Crow.

13 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Any Barient parts?

Unfortunately not. They are not available anymore, but check here for a chart of matching sizes for current winches:

Barient Power Ratio - Matching sizing

Important note:
Barient size numbers do not follow the ones from current winches. For example, a Barient 24ST is equivalent to a Harken 46.2ST or Lewmar 45ST

• Like 1

Hello Juan,  Thanks for putting together this virtual boat show.  You and your crew did a wonderful job finding some great presenters and hosting the event. 

Sorry I could not attend during the schedule but having fun watching on YouTube.  Absolutely loved Sharon Green and the “Color of Sailing” – it truly was a time-travel trip.  Will be watching the presentation with Andre Musgrove next.  Appreciate your efforts.