23 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Steamed, but easy on the spices.

My dad and my uncle used to have an ongoing debate over how to cook crabs.  My dad was of the boiling water, put the live crabs in school. My uncle believed that you put the crabs into cold water with whatever spices you preferred.  As the water heated and the spices released their fragrance, the crabs would breathe in the aromatic water and thus be tastier.  As a kid I didn’t care so long as I got my share.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Grog said:

JFC on a bike, the poor thing looks like McConnell's paws (minus the band aids) ... frightening! :ph34r:

Or it was found in a Pompeiian kitchen. 

Speaking of McConnell, wasn't there a Pompeii photo recently posted? Oops, that would go in the Rudi thread. Sorry.

It's all so ... convoluted. I mean twisted. I mean ... aw fuck it; time to pop another beer and look for Vendee news and rumors.

The proper way to cook Dungenss or Red Rock crab is CUT IT IN HALF TO KILL IT. Then scoop out the guts before boiling it.

What other animal do you eat without removing the entrails? Aside from oysters etc...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ishmael said:

OFFS :D

I love a good bacon butty, but really?

Good quality sourdough or white sliced, streaky or back. as long as the bacon's crispish and the bread's fresh, who give a FF if the bacon's flat. :D

Never toast a bacon Butty.

Ever had a potato crisp butty? 

Or a chip butty.

2 hours ago, Zonker said:

The proper way to cook Dungenss or Red Rock crab is CUT IT IN HALF TO KILL IT. Then scoop out the guts before boiling it.

What other animal do you eat without removing the entrails? Aside from oysters etc...

Mudbugs. Suck the head, squeeze the tip.

I love soft shell blue crabs. Just eat the whole critter, shell and all. Mmmmmm!

The first person to eat an oyster must have been very, very hungry.

5 hours ago, Zonker said:

that's really cruel.

5 hours ago, Zonker said:

Lobster... Woodcock... Escargot... Clams (the best part of a clam is it's belly)...

17 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

that's really cruel.

The humane way is flip it on its back, a quick wooden mallet blow to the breast plate, then into the steam

6 hours ago, Zonker said:

Shrimp. I think de-veining is a stupid waste of time. If you're not shelling, you're not de-veining. So why should you de-vein if you are shelling?

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

OFFS :D

I love a good bacon butty, but really?

Good quality sourdough or white sliced, streaky or back. as long as the bacon's crispish and the bread's fresh, who give a FF if the bacon's flat. :D

Never toast a bacon Butty.

Ever had a potato crisp butty? 

Or a chip butty.

I love bacon butties of any kind. Chip butty? You bet, I used to eat those all the time as a kid. 

19 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Shrimp. I think de-veining is a stupid waste of time. If you're not shelling, you're not de-veining. So why should you de-vein if you are shelling?

I'll shell and de-vein the massive ones. The smaller ones get pinched, steamed and chewed up with tail and shell.

9 minutes ago, Venom said:

Wow... lied with a straight face... first time I've seen this. 

Yep... Bill ... I had  no interest in his sex life but when he pleaded directly to the American people for his trust and only to discover he was lying.. well then the guy is scum ! 

2 minutes ago, solosailor said:

How much did Clinton charge the USA for golfing or staying at his hotels and resorts?   How much did Chelsea make working with her dad at the White House?   

Bullshit diversions 

15 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:
18 minutes ago, solosailor said:

How much did Clinton charge the USA for golfing or staying at his hotels and resorts?   How much did Chelsea make working with her dad at the White House?   

Current corruption.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Current corruption.

What no charges after 4 years... because there has been no wrong doing... 

despite the caterwauling 

3 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:
5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Current corruption.

What no charges after 4 years... because there has been no wrong doing... 

despite the caterwauling 

Let's see... it's what 15 or 16 Trump minions in jail, and 2 pardoned, 1 still trying to wiggle on the hook after being called a goddam traitor by a judge who accidentally was handed the actual truth about what he'd done....

Yeah no wrongdoing in YOUR eyes.

Why do you hate America?

- DSK

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Let's see... it's what 15 or 16 Trump minions in jail, and 2 pardoned, 1 still trying to wiggle on the hook after being called a goddam traitor by a judge who accidentally was handed the actual truth about what he'd done....

Yeah no wrongdoing in YOUR eyes.

Why do you hate America?

- DSK

Isn't an Impeachment tantamount to a charge?  That the Senate refused to do their job is a separate issue.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Isn't an Impeachment tantamount to a charge?  That the Senate refused to do their job is a separate issue.

There was not a single bit of substantive evidence supporting even the call for impeachment proceedings 

9 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:
12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

There was not a single bit of substantive evidence supporting even the call for impeachment proceedings 

Sure.... and the Mueller report TOTALLY exonerated Trump!

If you lie hard enough, there's no evidence for anything!!

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sure.... and the Mueller report TOTALLY exonerated Trump!

If you lie hard enough, there's no evidence for anything!!

- DSK

Don’t wiggle in quick sand !

Putin rejects Donald Trump's criticism of Biden family business

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.

Putin was responding to comments made by Trump during televised debates with Democratic challenger Joe Biden ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

Trump, who is trailing in opinion polls, has used the debates to make accusations that Biden and his son Hunter engaged in unethical practices in Ukraine. No evidence has been verified to support the allegations, and Joe Biden has called them false and discredited.

Putin, who has praised Trump in the past for saying he wanted better ties with Moscow, has said Russia will work with any U.S. leader, while noting what he called Joe Biden’s “sharp anti-Russian rhetoric”.

Putin appeared less friendly towards Trump in remarks broadcast by Russian state TV on Sunday. In what may be seen by some analysts as an attempt to try to curry favour with the Biden camp, he took the time to knock down what he made clear he regarded as false allegations from Trump about the Bidens.

“Yes, in Ukraine he (Hunter Biden) had or maybe still has a business, I don’t know. It doesn’t concern us. It concerns the Americans and the Ukrainians,” said Putin.

“But well yes he had at least one company, which he practically headed up, and judging from everything he made good money. I don’t see anything criminal about this, at least we don’t know anything about this (being criminal).”

Putin also reacted with visible irritation when asked about comments Trump has made concerning Putin’s ties to the former mayor of Moscow, and to an alleged payment made to Hunter Biden by the ex-mayor’s widow. Putin said he knew nothing about the existence of any commercial relationship between Hunter and the woman. Joe Biden says the accusation about his son is not true.

U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election to tilt the contest in Trump’s favour, an allegation Moscow has denied. Russia has also dismissed accusations by U.S. intelligence agencies of trying to interfere with this year’s election too.

Reporting by Andrew Osborn; Editing by Frances Kerry

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-putin-idUSKBN27A0TA

First Putin is the devil puppet master who got Trump elected and should be strung up.

Then he supports Biden and is now a golden angel that should be revered and thought of as the bringer of truth.

Fuck I love this place.

6 minutes ago, Gissie said:

First Putin is the devil puppet master who got Trump elected and should be strung up.

Then he supports Biden and is now a golden angel that should be revered and thought of as the bringer of truth.

Fuck I love this place.

If you actually read what was posted above, you'd have seen that he is not supporting Biden: "Putin... noting what he called Joe Biden’s “sharp anti-Russian rhetoric”."

But yeah, this is among the better evidence in favor of the charges that I've seen, the puppet master of disinformation saying it's false.

- DSK

22 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, 

Bad, and many others, seem to be happy to take this as the truth and nothing but the truth. Yet it comes from Putin. Last weeks asshole, this weeks purveyor of goodness.

In reality I would treat everything Putin says as being biased to create disharmony. Yet here we have the old double standard shit fight...

40 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Fuck I love this place.

You don't have to live in a binary world.

35 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Bad, and many others, seem to be happy to take this as the truth and nothing but the truth. Yet it comes from Putin. Last weeks asshole, this weeks purveyor of goodness.

In reality I would treat everything Putin says as being biased to create disharmony. Yet here we have the old double standard shit fight...

I thought no such thing. I did think it was an interesting observation of Putin and Trump's relationship, and how it appears to be in decline.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

I thought no such thing. I did think it was an interesting observation of Putin and Trump's relationship, and how it appears to be in decline.

Fair enough, although it may have been an idea to point this out rather than just post the article. Otherwise, you certainly give the impression that you stand by his comments as gospel.

As for the decline in Putins relationship, I still believe this was over rated.

15 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Fair enough, although it may have been an idea to point this out rather than just post the article. Otherwise, you certainly give the impression that you stand by his comments as gospel.

As for the decline in Putins relationship, I still believe this was over rated.

It's been my experience that if I don't post an article, and merely state my opinion i'll get multiple attempts to damage my statement, which takes the conversation off the rails. A post that has been vetted, or written by someone with great credibility, simply strengthens my post.

39 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
2 hours ago, Gissie said:

you must have had some fucked up childhood

Undoubtedly.

His adulthood (if you want to call it that) ain't much to write home about, either.

- DSK

Trump Had One Last Story to Sell. The Wall Street Journal Wouldn’t Buy It.

Inside the White House’s secret, last-ditch effort to change the narrative, and the election — and the return of the media gatekeepers.

By early October, even people inside the White House believed President Trump’s re-election campaign needed a desperate rescue mission. So three men allied with the president gathered at a house in McLean, Va., to launch one.

The host was Arthur Schwartz, a New York public relations man close to President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Jr. The guests were a White House lawyer, Eric Herschmann, and a former deputy White House counsel, Stefan Passantino, according to two people familiar with the meeting.

Mr. Herschmann knew the subject matter they were there to discuss. He had represented Mr. Trump during the impeachment trial early this year, and he tried to deflect allegations against the president in part by pointing to Hunter Biden’s work in Ukraine. More recently, he has been working on the White House payroll with a hazy portfolio, listed as “a senior adviser to the president,” and remains close to Jared Kushner.

The three had pinned their hopes for re-electing the president on a fourth guest, a straight-shooting Wall Street Journal White House reporter named Michael Bender. They delivered the goods to him there: a cache of emails detailing Hunter Biden’s business activities, and, on speaker phone, a former business partner of Hunter Biden’s named Tony Bobulinski. Mr. Bobulinski was willing to go on the record in The Journal with an explosive claim: that Joe Biden, the former vice president, had been aware of, and profited from, his son’s activities. The Trump team left believing that The Journal would blow the thing open and their excitement was conveyed to the president.

The Journal had seemed to be the perfect outlet for a story the Trump advisers believed could sink Mr. Biden’s candidacy. Its small-c conservatism in reporting means the work of its news pages carries credibility across the industry. And its readership leans further right than other big news outlets. Its Washington bureau chief, Paul Beckett, recently remarked at a virtual gathering of Journal reporters and editors that while he knows that the paper often delivers unwelcome news to the many Trump supporters who read it, The Journal should protect its unique position of being trusted across the political spectrum, two people familiar with the remarks said.

As the Trump team waited with excited anticipation for a Journal exposé, the newspaper did its due diligence: Mr. Bender and Mr. Beckett handed the story off to a well-regarded China correspondent, James Areddy, and a Capitol Hill reporter who had followed the Hunter Biden story, Andrew Duehren. Mr. Areddy interviewed Mr. Bobulinski. They began drafting an article.

Then things got messy. Without warning his notional allies, Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor and now a lawyer for President Trump, burst onto the scene with the tabloid version of the McLean crew’s carefully laid plot. Mr. Giuliani delivered a cache of documents of questionable provenance — but containing some of the same emails — to The New York Post, a sister publication to The Journal in Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. Mr. Giuliani had been working with the former Trump aide Steve Bannon, who also began leaking some of the emails to favored right-wing outlets. Mr. Giuliani’s complicated claim that the emails came from a laptop Hunter Biden had abandoned, and his refusal to let some reporters examine the laptop, cast a pall over the story — as did The Post’s reporting, which alleged but could not prove that Joe Biden had been involved in his son’s activities.

While the Trump team was clearly jumpy, editors in The Journal’s Washington bureau were wrestling with a central question: Could the documents, or Mr. Bobulinski, prove that Joe Biden was involved in his son’s lobbying? Or was this yet another story of the younger Mr. Biden trading on his family’s name — a perfectly good theme, but not a new one or one that needed urgently to be revealed before the election.

Mr. Trump and his allies expected the Journal story to appear Monday, Oct. 19, according to Mr. Bannon. That would be late in the campaign, but not too late — and could shape that week’s news cycle heading into the crucial final debate last Thursday. An “important piece” in The Journal would be coming soon, Mr. Trump told aides on a conference call that day.

His comment was not appreciated inside The Journal.

“The editors didn’t like Trump’s insinuation that we were being teed up to do this hit job,” a Journal reporter who wasn’t directly involved in the story told me. But the reporters continued to work on the draft as the Thursday debate approached, indifferent to the White House’s frantic timeline.

Finally, Mr. Bobulinski got tired of waiting.

“He got spooked about whether they were going to do it or not,” Mr. Bannon said.

At 7:35 Wednesday evening, Mr. Bobulinski emailed an on-the-record, 684-word statement making his case to a range of news outlets. Breitbart News published it in full. He appeared the next day in Nashville to attend the debate as Mr. Trump’s surprise guest, and less than two hours before the debate was to begin, he read a six-minute statement to the press, detailing his allegations that the former vice president had involvement in his son’s business dealings.

When Mr. Trump stepped on stage, the president acted as though the details of the emails and the allegations were common knowledge. “You’re the big man, I think. I don’t know, maybe you’re not,” he told Mr. Biden at some point, a reference to an ambiguous sentence from the documents.

As the debate ended, The Wall Street Journal published a brief item, just the stub of Mr. Areddy and Mr. Duehren’s reporting. The core of it was that Mr. Bobulinski had failed to prove the central claim. “Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden,” The Journal reported.

Asked about The Journal’s handling of the story, the editor in chief, Matt Murray, said the paper did not discuss its newsgathering. “Our rigorous and trusted journalism speaks for itself,” Mr. Murray said in an emailed statement.

And if you’d been watching the debate, but hadn’t been obsessively watching Fox News or reading Breitbart, you would have had no idea what Mr. Trump was talking about. The story the Trump team hoped would upend the campaign was fading fast.

More at the link:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/25/business/media/hunter-biden-wall-street-journal-trump.html

On 10/24/2020 at 1:55 PM, Grog said:

JFC on a bike, the poor thing looks like McConnell's paws (minus the band aids) ... frightening! :ph34r:

My FIL’s hand and face looked like that, and a year later he was dead.  But he was 92.  

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:
12 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Here, https://apnews.com/article/2ce0cdd506b5347b69607a1cabe7d1ab  educate yourself. 

:lol: Good luck with that - BozoBozo is the dumbest and most fanatical MoFo here.

With a bullet.

And when you consider the competition afforded him by the elk, that's really saying something.

14 hours ago, Venom said:

Wow... lied with a straight face... first time I've seen this. 

The dark side of an Ivy League Law degree......:mellow:  full screen unavailable, appaerently.....  is that a metaphor?