• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick Thoughts after Day 1:   Race 1:  The Kiwi’s completely dominate Italy.  Better start, faster boat, better maneuvers, better everything.  Instant reaction is it is tough to believe that

Learnings for TVNZ live coverage? DON'T RUN THE FUCKING ADS THROUGH THE PRE-START/START!!!!! Muppets. 

Posted Images

I kinda feel sorry for them. They want it so bad. But having the helm in charge of the campaign at that level is usually not going to work. And Ainsle is so intense and passionate, it just seems like he should have focused on just helm or just running the campaign.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, nroose said:

I kinda feel sorry for them. They want it so bad. But having the helm in charge of the campaign at that level is usually not going to work. And Ainsle is so intense and passionate, it just seems like he should have focused on just helm or just running the campaign.

This. BA wanted to do it all and turned into the bottleneck.

Just now, terrafirma said:

I might go mow the lawns until the next race cya then..! :D

Pro tip: Just lay asphalt with green paint mixed in. Never have to mow again.

9 minutes ago, Nutta said:

Pro tip: Just lay asphalt with green paint mixed in. Never have to mow again.

Ha Ha..! I need the oxygen otherwise I would. Funny thing when I'm mowing I feel like I'm short of oxygen. This lighter air race will finally reveal where ETNZ are and American Magic who prefer breeze on.

<Dean> Tack on them! Now!

<Pete> Ah sheet, Dean-o's tacked on us, sheet on Glen, higher and faster!

<GD-on-radio> Pete you're supposed to be sandbagging!

<Pete> Ah no bro, time to tack away.

Sorry not sorry for the bad kiwi impressions

Kenny is not helping the public understand the race when he says "port tack" when he means "port gybe", hell he confused me as theres no wind indicator on the screen

Just now, JonRowe said:

Kenny is not helping the public understand the race when he says "port tack" when he means "port gybe", hell he confused me as theres no wind indicator on the screen

I think he picked that up from Nathan.

So the right was favored, you can tack on your competitor and force them left, but Deano sails on to the left edge instead. Wtf were you thinking deano? I think he is afraid to engage with ETNZ, for good reason, but you gotta do it.

4 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

I think so yes, on one of the upwind legs AM was way outside the TV boundary but no penalty given.

I'm watching TV and Virtual Eye. VE boundary and TV boundary totally different. On VE, they're staying inside...

1 minute ago, Nutta said:

I'm watching TV and Virtual Eye. VE boundary and TV boundary totally different. On VE, they're staying inside...

I assume the VE view is all virtual and just using numerical data? The AR aspect is really hard to work out.

Just now, JonRowe said:

I assume the VE view is all virtual and just using numerical data? The AR aspect is really hard to work out.

It was pretty good in BermUSA, so it's possible...

1 minute ago, Nutta said:

It was pretty good in BermUSA, so it's possible...

Yeah its all about the accuracy of the camera, position and angle, and calibrating that to movement so the computer "knows" where you're looking

15 minutes ago, Varan said:

So the right was favored, you can tack on your competitor and force them left, but Deano sails on to the left edge instead. Wtf were you thinking deano? I think he is afraid to engage with ETNZ, for good reason, but you gotta do it.

He just got sloppy.  They were talking about it , but then it was too late to tack on top of NZ.  Dean said too late we will just keep going.

4 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

WTF?

Indeed. They all have access to the same gear, same information and same code. So yeah, what the fuck?

ETNZ carried a number of advantages into this cup, but I fail to see how the FCS is one of them.

Just now, The_Alchemist said:

kinda of, they pushed the button and the cant didn't respond.

Funny how times have changed. A sheet breaks, fuck! With Cayard, the chute rips in half (again). Now, it's the button didn't work, or my display didn’t show the boundary.