Pretty shit sportsmanship from Ainslie at the end to follow ETNZ to the finish instead of rounding the gate. Time limit was always going to be a factor but doesn’t mean you have to be a cunt about how much you’re getting spanked by. 

• Downvote 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick Thoughts after Day 1:   Race 1:  The Kiwi’s completely dominate Italy.  Better start, faster boat, better maneuvers, better everything.  Instant reaction is it is tough to believe that

Learnings for TVNZ live coverage? DON'T RUN THE FUCKING ADS THROUGH THE PRE-START/START!!!!! Muppets. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Pretty shit sportsmanship from Ainslie at the end to follow ETNZ to the finish instead of rounding the gate. Time limit was always going to be a factor but doesn’t mean you have to be a cunt about how much you’re getting spanked by. 

He rounded the gate and was going along his leg.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Because he’d been 

1 minute ago, Miffy said:

Why would he round the gate?

Because he’d been lapped and his proper course wasn’t to the finish. It looked like he didn’t simply to continue to try and cast dirty air onto ETNZ to slow them down. It was pretty fine with the time limit in the end. Probably didn’t make a difference but the intent was there. 

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Because he’d been 

Because he’d been lapped and his proper course wasn’t to the finish. It looked like he didn’t simply to continue to try and cast dirty air onto ETNZ to slow them down. It was pretty fine with the time limit in the end. Probably didn’t make a difference but the intent was there. 

Take off your fanboy glasses.  Even NO questioned in the broadcast about why didn't Ben move over to block NZ wind.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Don’t act like we’ve never seen this before. Monohull, Cats, we’ve seen it before and we’ll see it again. 

Part of sailing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Don’t act like we’ve never seen this before. Monohull, Cats, we’ve seen it before and we’ll see it again. 

The cats worked in displacement mode. Don't get me wrong I don't want to go back, but this fucking sucks.

6 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

The cats worked in displacement mode. Don't get me wrong I don't want to go back, but this fucking sucks.

Yesterday there was some sentimental types who were pining for 12 metres. Reality seems to have shut them up. They could have gone for zeros and finished but rolled the dice and failed to finish. Should be DSQ for sailing into the spectators on purpose. Or a penalty every 30seconds.

6 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

The cats failed to meet the time limit numerous times.

• Like 1

Watching healthy happy ppl hanging out by the water from multiple countries and creed and ethnicity and just enjoying life because gov and public did the disciplined and hard thing together and starved out the disease is really beautiful. FWIW if I were a member of Ineos, I wouldn’t go back to UK lockdowns with no objective of ending it until the vaccination program was widespread. Enjoy NZ. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

I am directly west of the race course on land (Northshore)

There is zero wind. and not likely to fill in.

I would suggest there will be no racing today!

It will be coming down the harbour. Check the cast for fact.

Long time no post.

Really surprised that TNZ messed around trying to get foiling at top mark when wind had dropped below limits that allow it - surely they know their boat's foiling limits better than that.  If they hadn't messed around on that and had focused on downwind VMG they would likely have finished in time.  Also really surprising no code zero aboard (weight penalty?) when the wind drop off was a strong possibility.

These boats just don't work at 6.5 knots,  even 8 is marginal, but they could if they had bigger foils - designers obviously finding that low end lift too high a price to pay compared to top end performance.  I like the one foil for all conditions requirement (no daily foil swaps) but perhaps a rule requiring computational fluid dynamics demonstration (by a 3rd party) of a minimum lift at a given speed for the foils would be worthwhile.  Stop designers from optimising for top end at expense of take off.

8 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

The minimum windspeed limit needs to be raised from 6.5 to at least 8, maybe even 12. 

The AC75 foilers ‘racing’ today was a joke even bigger than it was yesterday. It’s a ridiculous spectacle, sadly. 

Or the teams can get their shit together and show the mythical code 0

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

The minimum windspeed limit needs to be raised from 6.5 to at least 8, maybe even 12. 

The AC75 foilers ‘racing’ today was a joke even bigger than it was yesterday. It’s a ridiculous spectacle, sadly. 

Dunno if any of the Challengers would accept that now seeing how draggy TR is in displacement mode.

ETNZ have gone into the "full foiling all the time end of the design envelope", slicker hulled LR and AM (particularly with added control boom gives to eased main) will eat them in a (presumably shortened) full displacement race.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, nroose said:

The cats failed to meet the time limit numerous times.

The time limit can be changed. That's irrelevant. These fucking things were going the wrong way sometimes looked like old people fucking when they weren't. Again, I like these boats, but fuck I don't think we've seen the last of shit races like that.

9 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Let's hope they handle upper limits better than lower ones.

Agreed, TC. Every boat over the past three days has had disasters at the lower end of the range and every one of them looked ridiculous while trying to recover. 

Welcome back :) 

6 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Agreed, TC. Every boat over the past three days has had disasters at the lower end of the range and every one of them looked ridiculous while trying to recover. 

Welcome back :) 

Thanks SR, good to read you again after a long trip to the end of the road due to covid which changed my usual travels, and a lot of work as the business is peaking up .

Too bad we didn't meet in SF even if we went in the same pubs, for next AC perhaps !

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

The time limit can be changed. That's irrelevant. These fucking things were going the wrong way sometimes looked like old people fucking when they weren't. Again, I like these boats, but fuck I don't think we've seen the last of shit races like that.

This was the first event in these boats, by the way.

• Like 1

Well that was a waste of sleep! March seems like a long time after January in terms of cup vs css, is there a schedule up for the css somewhere?

Just now, Kate short for Bob said:

Starts January 15.

That part I know, and its what, 4 round robins? before a final? but with the cup itself in March are they spreading the round robins out over the week / weekends? Or is there just a month gap in there...

1 hour ago, Wandering Geo said:

Dunno if any of the Challengers would accept that now seeing how draggy TR is in displacement mode.

ETNZ have gone into the "full foiling all the time end of the design envelope", slicker hulled LR and AM (particularly with added control boom gives to eased main) will eat them in a (presumably shortened) full displacement race.

More importantly, the rules are set and everyone can just fucking live with them.

If that means ETNZ lose the cup, then so be it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Really? That's strange. 

As it turns out they were there but they weren’t training like the other teams. They seemed to be sitting well down the course with their main down for most of the time. 

Just taking it easy I guess. I forgot they were Italians.

19 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

For once F himself is right, not the first time we have seen that  conditions in race. However after all the pissing we have seen from lots of kiwis about Bermuda's conditions it's pretty ironic to see this shit show.

No one is pissing about Bermudas conditions except Stingray.

21 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

For once F himself is right, not the first time we have seen that  conditions in race. However after all the pissing we have seen from lots of kiwis about Bermuda's conditions it's pretty ironic to see this shit show.

FFS you'd be the only person that would be able to run a regatta without wind.  You'd just need to stand at the top of the course and talk.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

@smackdaddy, I am back but don't see any of your post. Have you been banned because of Te Ahmed, btw, replaced by Te Xerox ? :)

I don't post here anymore. No need. I'm just glad to see you back and in true form.

Cheers.

• Like 2
Just now, barfy said:

It was just another troll by spewbitch, ignore is best.

Look I still strongly believe that ETNZ will beat American Magic (my presumptive Challenger) soundly in the cup match itself.

However, I would be a world class hypocrite if I didn't stand up and say the rules are the fucking rules.

I objected to when they were changed in San Fran after big red disintegrated killing poor Bart Simpson and I would object now.

This moment (10:58) is as much a PB smackdown as you are likely to see...

He leapt for that mic like Sirena does for a hot salsiccia...

Max's answer was so lame in comparison... what a turkey...

2 hours ago, jaysper said:

Look I still strongly believe that ETNZ will beat American Magic (my presumptive Challenger) soundly in the cup match itself.

However, I would be a world class hypocrite if I didn't stand up and say the rules are the fucking rules.

I objected to when they were changed in San Fran after big red disintegrated killing poor Bart Simpson and I would object now.

I agree, I just say you are wasting your breath responding to a troll terrier who will cast shade on every bit of this non-Larry event.

1 hour ago, rh3000 said:

This moment (10:58) is as much a PB smackdown as you are likely to see...

He leapt for that mic like Sirena does for a hot salsiccia...

Max's answer was so lame in comparison... what a turkey...

Max is a cock sucking faggot. What a faggy answer. 

Just now, barfy said:

I agree, I just say you are wasting your breath responding to a troll terrier who will cast shade on every bit of this non-Larry event.

Fairnuff (most famous fairy of all).

Onward and upward.

I am fairly resolute in my belief that we will see a defence akin to that in 2000.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

We need to change the rules?  
Maybe should have written some better/realistic ones in the first place? 

You mean like the rule that ended a race in SanFrancisco because completion of the course wasn’t possible at the lower wind limit? Even though one boat was foiling and only had one mark left in the race. A race that cost ETNZ the America’s Cup. Yeah right. Suck it up and deal with it like everyone else had/ has to.

2 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

I don't post here anymore. No need. I'm just glad to see you back and in true form.

Cheers.

Smackbadly is such a lying cunt that he posts ... then says he doesn't post here.

YCMTSU!

42 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

You mean like the rule that ended a race in SanFrancisco because completion of the course wasn’t possible at the lower wind limit? Even though one boat was foiling and only had one mark left in the race. A race that cost ETNZ the America’s Cup. Yeah right. Suck it up and deal with it like everyone else had/ has to.

That’s what I was saying.. ffs 

1 hour ago, Salty Seacock said:

Max is a cock sucking faggot. What a faggy answer. 

Every answer from everyone is bullshit at these pressers.

Why pick on Max?