• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick Thoughts after Day 1:   Race 1:  The Kiwi’s completely dominate Italy.  Better start, faster boat, better maneuvers, better everything.  Instant reaction is it is tough to believe that

Learnings for TVNZ live coverage? DON'T RUN THE FUCKING ADS THROUGH THE PRE-START/START!!!!! Muppets. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, terrafirma said:
Current TAB odds for Christmas Cup

Team NZ 1.45
Luna Rossa 4.50
American Magic 5.00
Team UK 15.00

Is NZ a bit skinny?

I think AM and Luna Rossa are on par and the odds almost reflect that.

Given that every kiddies sandpit in Auckland us mysteriously empty this week, the betting odds are at best fictional.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, terrafirma said:
Current TAB odds for Christmas Cup

Team NZ 1.45
Luna Rossa 4.50
American Magic 5.00
Team UK 15.00

Is NZ a bit skinny?

I think AM and Luna Rossa are on par and the odds almost reflect that.

Can't find a book online. 

Just thinking about who might throw a race to INEOS. Do we know which skippers like a flutter?

Remember Mr Cayard denials.

"The Totalisator Agency Board (TAB) has been told it cannot take bets on the America's Cup or challenger series after a row over gambling at the last event.

Neither the nine challengers, the cup defender the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron, nor the International Sailing Federation backed betting on the yacht racing here, although betting agencies in Australia and Britain are taking bets.

A row broke out in 1999 at the Louis Vuitton Cup after the AmericaOne syndicate unexpectedly lost a vital race to the French boat 6 Sens.

The result shut the New York Yacht Club's entry, Young America, out of the semi-finals, prompting accusations that AmericaOne crew had bet on their boat to lose.

Skipper Paul Cayard denied the claims, and his crew was cleared by a subsequent inquiry."

Fuck me, some people will go far and wide to create a conspiracy around here.  It's a wam-up regatta with no consequence so I don't think anyone cares about the running order other than the host broadcaster who likely insisted that the home team feature in the last race of the day to keep people engaged for the duration and maximize ad revenue.  Or, if you prefer, to disadvantage a team so that they don't win a meaningless exhibition.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, NSP said:

Fuck me, some people will go far and wide to create a conspiracy around here.  It's a wam-up regatta with no consequence so I don't think anyone cares about the running order other than the host broadcaster who likely insisted that the home team feature in the last race of the day to keep people engaged for the duration and maximize ad revenue.  Or, if you prefer, to disadvantage a team so that they don't win a meaningless exhibition.

Go see your Doctor and ask about an SSRI medication.

It'll help. 

11 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Anyone care to pick the winner of Race 1 and an approximate margin..? :D

No book outside NZ and the TAB only allows Kiwi residents to register. Otherwise money to be made on ETNZ at 1.45 for the Xmas Cup and 1.35 for the Match.

24 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

No book outside NZ and the TAB only allows Kiwi residents to register. Otherwise money to be made on ETNZ at 1.45 for the Xmas Cup and 1.35 for the Match.

If we are that confident the Kiwi's will sandbag, putting an even split of $$ across the Challengers will return dividends.

54 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Not talking about betting WF just who you think will win Race 1 and by what margin..? :D

Ineos love the bit with Sir Ben walking down the ramp with Grant Simmer right behind him. Grant has just told him "Our heads are on Jim's chopping block, just remember that.!" 

Ben looks like his just seen a Ghost..! 

2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Ask your buddy FHimself, rumor is that GD wanted course C but the Challs bribed the Big Fella into course F instead? 

You made me larf.

1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

ETNZ will start being and see if they can close the gap. Margin will be small.

1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

New Zealand or Luna Rossa will win by a margin of the colour green. :D

But seriously, I can't believe the TAB would take odds on these races.

1 minute ago, terrafirma said:

Prada just put the whole boat in the drink shocking tack at the top mark

Got the feeling that they might have given up. The lost a lot of ground in the last couple of legs and wonder if the sloppy tack was just as a result of minds that had left the game. Commentators were speculating whether they may have had some sort of hydraulic problem though.