2020 Election Fuckery

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I guess you won't be repeating this question, then?

Has (fill in the blank) claimed that the 2020 election was the most secure in history?

You'll beat this into the ground, all in an effort to cast doubt on the Biden Presidency.  Republican Playbook plan.

I posted this in another thread, and challenge you to read it - It's by Heather Cox Richardson.

January 2, 2021 (Saturday)
Today the fight to pick up Trump’s supporters continued. Eleven senators, led by Ted Cruz (R-TX), said they would object to certifying certain state electoral votes when Congress meets on Wednesday, January 6, to count them. They want a commission appointed to audit the results. This attempt is separate from the one launched yesterday by Josh Hawley (R-MO) to object to the counting of the electoral votes from Pennsylvania, but both are a transparent attempt to court Trump voters before 2022 and 2024.
The senators signing onto the effort are: Ron Johnson (R-WI), James Lankford (R-OK), Steve Daines (R-MT), John Kennedy (R-LA), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and Mike Braun (R-IN), and Senators-Elect Cynthia Lummis (R-WY), Roger Marshall (R-KS), Bill Hagerty (R-TN), and Tommy Tuberville (R-AL).
President-Elect Joe Biden’s transition spokesperson Michael Gwin called their efforts a “stunt.” He isn’t wrong. This plan is unfounded. Biden won the election by more than 7 million votes and by a margin of 306 to 232 in the Electoral College. The Trump campaign tried to challenge the results in the courts, and lost or had dismissed for lack of evidence 60 out of 61 cases, including two they tried to take to the Supreme Court, where three justices appointed by Trump himself sit. Although Trump supporters grabbed headlines with their accusations of irregularities and fraud when they made them in conference rooms and in parking lots in front of landscaping companies, they could produce no evidence in courtrooms, where there are penalties for lying. The suggestion that there is somehow a problem with this election, when they could produce no evidence of wrongdoing in front of judges in 60 cases, is laughable.
But there is more to their efforts than just creating a show to attract the future support of Trump voters. The attempt of these Trump Republicans to launch yet another baseless investigation is in keeping with their use of investigations to discredit Democrats since at least the 2012 attack on two U.S. government facilities in Benghazi, Libya, which killed four Americans. Ten investigations of the circumstances that led to that attack resulted in no evidence that members of the Obama administration acted inappropriately in that crisis. But the constant repetition of accusations convinced many Americans that something had gone terribly wrong and Obama’s people, especially Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, were to blame.
As House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, then in running for Speaker of the House, said to Fox News Channel personality Sean Hannity in 2015, “Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought."
The repeated Republican investigations into then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails were similar. Although the State Department’s final report on Clinton’s email use, issued in October 2019, declared there was no systematic or deliberate mishandling of classified information, the constant barrage of accusations made the email story the most important story of the 2016 election. It outweighed all the scandals involving then-candidate Donald Trump: the ones involving sexual assault, financial corruption, mocking of a disabled reporter, attacks on immigrants, and so on.
A study by Duncan J. Watts and David M. Rothschild in the Columbia Journalism Review noted that in the 2016 election season there were 65,000 sentences in the media about Clinton’s email use but only 40,000 about all of Trump’s scandals combined. There were twice as many sentences about Clinton’s emails than about her policies. The authors wrote, "in just six days, The New York Times ran as many cover stories about Hillary Clinton’s emails as they did about all policy issues combined in the 69 days leading up to the election.” The email scandal likely cost Clinton the 2016 election, and even now, after the State Department cleared her of wrongdoing, many Americans still think Clinton mishandled classified information in her emails.
Trump tried the same tactic in 2020. Smearing an opponent through investigations was at the heart of the Ukraine scandal of 2019. Trump pressured new Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky, not to start an investigation of Hunter Biden and the company on whose board he had sat, but rather simply to announce that he was starting an investigation. An announcement would be enough to get picked up by the American news media so that story after story would convince voters that Hunter Biden and, by extension, his father were involved in corruption, even without evidence.
Then, just before the election, Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani drummed up the story that Hunter Biden had left a laptop that contained incriminating evidence against both Bidens at a repair shop, and Republican leadership clamored for investigations-- this time to no avail because the story was so outrageous.
Now, they are alleging the need for an investigation into irregularities in the 2020 election, although they have failed repeatedly to produce any evidence of such irregularities in court. Their argument is that the country needs an investigation to relieve people’s worries about the legitimacy of the election, but those worries have been created precisely by the unjustified accusations of Republican leaders. An investigation would simply convince people that the election results are questionable. They are not.
The attempt of the senators to get Congress to appoint an investigatory committee into alleged fraud in the election is dangerous and unprecedented, and they know it. In their statement, they tried to suggest they are simply following the precedent established by Congress after the chaotic 1876 election, but the two situations are very different.
In 1876, elections were organized by the parties themselves and were notoriously corrupt. Parties printed their own ballots in a distinctive color with only their own slate of electors. Men dropped the ballots for their party, unmarked, into a box, but their votes were not secret: how men voted was obvious from the colored ballots, at the very least. Politicians watching the polls knew exactly what the counts would be, and it was not unusual for ballot boxes to be either stuffed or broken open before results were reported.
In Florida, Louisiana, and South Carolina in 1876, Democrats appeared to have won the election, but there was no dispute that they had terrorized Republican voters to keep them from the polls. The results were a hopeless mess: in South Carolina, for example, 101% of all eligible voters cast ballots. Florida and Louisiana both reported more reasonable numbers of voters, but they each sent competing sets of electors to Congress. In both states, different officials signed off on different certificates of election, so it was not at all clear which certificate was the official one. In this utter confusion, Congress established a committee to figure out what had actually happened.
None of that is the case today. The processes were transparent and observed by Republicans as well as Democrats. The Trump campaign had the right to challenge vote counts and did so; each turned up virtually the same result as the original count: Biden won, by a lot. Each state in the country has delivered to Congress certified results that have been signed by the state governors, who nowadays have the final say in the state certification process.
This should be a done deal. But Trump Republicans are trying to undermine the election, and Biden’s administration, with a disinformation campaign. This is about more than this particular election. It is clear that a faction of today’s Republican Party refuses to accept the legitimacy of a Democratic president, no matter how big the victory. They are working to smear Biden by investigation, as has become their signature move.
Democracy depends on a willingness to transfer power peacefully from one group of leaders to another. By revealing that they refuse to do so, the members of the “Sedition Caucus,” as they are being called on social media, are proving they are unworthy of elected office.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The GOP has systematically fucked up in-person voting in selective areas.  In your "understanding the process", does a 10 hour wait in line sound like a reasonable process to you? Some, as

America owes a debt of gratitude to Stacey Abrams.

Posted Images

Mike Pence welcomes Republican senators' attempt to overturn US election

Source: MSN/The Independent

Mike Pence has said he welcomes an attempt by Republican senators' to overturn the US election.

Ted Cruz is among 12 GOP senators who say they are preparing to challenge the results of the election in a joint session of Congress next week. 
"Vice president Pence shares the concerns of millions of Americans about voter fraud and irregularities in the last election," said Mr Pence's chief of staff Marc Short in a statement hours after Mr Cruz announced his group's intentions. 
Debate on any objection is limited to two hours and a majority vote is required in each chamber to uphold the objection and throw out the state's votes.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mike-pence-welcomes-republican-senators-attempt-to-overturn-us-election/ar-BB1cqnhO  

48 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I guess you won't be repeating this question, then?

Has (fill in the blank) claimed that the 2020 election was the most secure in history?

You'll beat this into the ground, all in an effort to cast doubt on the Biden Presidency.  Republican Playbook plan.

I posted this in another thread, and challenge you to read it - It's by Heather Cox Richardson.

I didn't see where she demonstrates that the 2020 election was the most secure in history.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

I didn't see where she demonstrates that the 2020 election was the most secure in history.

I didn't see where you've acknowledged the recounts, the audits, and the inspections of pretty much the whole election.

I also didn't see where you presented ANY evidence of your claims, other than President Trump's bullshit

- DSK

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

See.  This is your new requirement.  I called it in Post #2997 and you responded with "Gossip".

Just now, Bus Driver said:

See.  This is your new requirement.  I called it in Post # and you responded with "Gossip".

I responded with "gossip" because your post was all about me which made it only slightly less inane than 2967

3 hours ago, Dog said:

But I do have an understanding of the process. That's how I know mailing out millions of ballots is not as secure as in person voting.

I know that your well established practices voter suppression are far worse than your imagined fraud.

Georgia Voters Wait In Hours-Long Lines At Polls For Early Balloting : NPR

15 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

There was no crime.  Dog - prove it.

sigh. 

Typical Dog. Let's apply his own standard to the issue. There has been no conviction, hence no crime has been committed, and therefore no need for an investigation.

That's how it used to work for Dog. I wonder what happened to change his viewpoint?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dog said:

You deny the evidence presented to you, and still have not provided the proof asked of you to substantiate your own claims. I suggest you do that now, or face the probability of losing your place at the table here.

12 minutes ago, Dog said:
14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

See.  This is your new requirement.  I called it in Post # and you responded with "Gossip".

I responded with "gossip" because your post was all about me which made it only slightly less inane than 2967

While no one likes it when they are called on their bullshit, you are an interesting one.  You find a new way to discredit the multitude of statements. from people who would know that the 2020 election was secure. 

You now want to see that pronouncement of that from anyone and everyone mentioned.  Since the vast majority of them have not had that question posed to them, and have not offered their take, you see that as a "win", for you.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

While no one likes it when they are called on their bullshit, you are an interesting one.  You find a new way to discredit the multitude of statements. from people who would know that the 2020 election was secure. 

You now want to see that pronouncement of that from anyone and everyone mentioned.  Since the vast majority of them have not had that question posed to them, and have not offered their take, you see that as a "win", for you.

Gossip.

Headline from WI newspaper.

“Less than a month after saying election was legitimate, Sen. Ron Johnson pledges to reject results”

Johnson puts the scum in scumbag.

13 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

“Less than a month after saying election was legitimate, Sen. Ron Johnson pledges to reject results”

He was just on the morning talk-talk, babbling about how HE'S not lying, HE'S not the one saying the election was illegitimate... he tried to push the always-popular rightie bullshit that THE MEDIA is at fault because they've forfeited credibility (because the evil leftie media has not helped push the lies).

He succeeded to the extent of taking up an extra couple of minutes of the show so they could not give equal time to Stacey Abrams.

- DSK

4 hours ago, Dog said:

But I do have an understanding of the process. That's how I know mailing out millions of ballots is not as secure as in person voting.

The GOP has systematically fucked up in-person voting in selective areas.  In your "understanding the process", does a 10 hour wait in line sound like a reasonable process to you?

4VXRcR4.jpg

Some, as intended, gave up.  Some hung with it out of patriotic duty.  THESE are the people who's votes you and others are working to throw away.  You really should be ashamed of yourself.

To put it as nicely as I can: Fuck every goddamned one of you.  Their votes are being counted.  The loser will NOT be occupying the Whitehouse.  The ensuing violence you and others are inciting will NOT change the outcome.  Nor will it intimidate others in the future.  The people in this line don't give a fuck what you do.  They will still get their vote in. 

These people used to be hung from trees for trying to vote.   Making them stand in long lines?   Bring it the fuck on. 

This photo should scare the fuck out of the GOP.  THIS is what they are up against.  Compare this dedication to country vs. nearly 11 GOP Senators objecting to electoral votes simply on the basis of political gain.  It's determined patriots against partisan whores.  

The determined patriots will eat your lunch.

• Like 11
  • Downvote 1
Just now, roundthebuoys said:

Has the canine ever answered how Trump's votes were ripe with fraud but the down tickets were just fine?

Fuck no, that wouldn't waste everyone's time. He's just bullshitting, as usual.

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Has the canine ever answered how Trump's votes were ripe with fraud but the down tickets were just fine? any questions asked of him?

Especially without asking one in response.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Intimidation 101.

Trump supporters gather in front of Marco Rubio’s West Miami home. ‘You work for us.’

I remember when Trump fans were bitching at citizens doing this to them.  Of course, that was when the citizens were Democrats.

Did they repaint it for him like they did for Mitch and Nancy?

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

"the New York Times published my Instagram."  LOLOLOL

Jesus christ. Shaking my head.  Also,  4 dogs? We are dog lovers but 4 is too many

56 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Is Dog actually Ron Johnson in real life?

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/sen-johnson-makes-baseless-allegations-and-calls-into-question-president-elect-biden-s-win-98721349659

11 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

"the New York Times published my Instagram."  LOLOLOL

Read the tweets.  The number of Republicans saying "they can't fire her for no reason" is stunning since THEY are the ones who have pushed those laws.  The ones saying "sue" are just comical.  And then there are the ones advocating violence "what's the managers name?".

This is a microcosm of the Republican party. They don't even understand the laws they want their party to pass, then bitch about them when they bite them in the ass.  Maybe, Like dog, they just don't read them.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Read the tweets.  The number of Republicans saying "they can't fire her for no reason" is stunning since THEY are the ones who have pushed those laws.  The ones saying "sue" are just comical.  And then there are the ones advocating violence "what's the managers name?".

This is a microcosm of the Republican party. They don't even understand the laws they want their party to pass, then bitch about them when they bite them in the ass.  Maybe, Like dog, they just don't read them.

They probably also don't realize She is a He.

A desperate man. He's scared of something. Prison I expect.

The Post included a clip from the recording, the President desperately pleads with Raffensperger come up with the votes. This whole mess makes Watergate look like small potatoes.

I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

Excerpt -

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected his assertions, explaining that Trump is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 12,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

Trump dismissed their arguments.

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Raffensperger responded: “Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.”

At another point, Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

The rambling, at times incoherent conversation, offered a remarkable glimpse of how consumed and desperate the president remains about his loss, unwilling or unable to let the matter go and still believing he can reverse the results in enough battleground states to remain in office.

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sean said:

A desperate man. He's scared of something. Prison I expect -

I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

Excerpt -

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected his assertions, explaining that Trump is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 12,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

Trump dismissed their arguments.

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Raffensperger responded: “Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.”

At another point, Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

The rambling, at times incoherent conversation, offered a remarkable glimpse of how consumed and desperate the president remains about his loss, unwilling or unable to let the matter go and still believing he can reverse the results in enough battleground states to remain in office.

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”

"Lock him up"

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Stolen from the Internet

As the third Mrs. Trump would say, "I veel not be visitink you in Sink Sink."

Oh please please get sent up the river  to Sink Sink. Every time I tack my boat in front of the prison I’ll raise my Biden2020 flag. B)

• Like 2

These are the Senators who plan on voting against the electoral college votes, and are totally complicit in the undermining of our nation’s democracy. It would be a real shame if you called their offices to tell them what you think of their participation in an attempted Republican coup.
Ted Cruz (Texas)- 202-224-5922
Ron Johnson (Wisconsin)- 608-240-9629
James Langford (Oklahoma) 405-231-4941
Steve Daines (Montana) 202-224-2651
John Kennedy (Louisiana) 202-224-4623
Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee) 202-224-3344
Mike Braun (Indiana) 202-224-4814
Cynthia Lummis (Wyoming) 307-369-2442
Roger Marshall (Kansas) 202-225-2715
h/t John Tomberlin

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
3 hours ago, Dog said:
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I responded with "gossip" because your post was all about me which made it only slightly less inane

Some self awareness from The Mutt - he now realizes that he is more inane than gossip.

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

The GOP has systematically fucked up in-person voting in selective areas.  In your "understanding the process", does a 10 hour wait in line sound like a reasonable process to you?

4VXRcR4.jpg

Some, as intended, gave up.  Some hung with it out of patriotic duty.  THESE are the people who's votes you and others are working to throw away.  You really should be ashamed of yourself.

To put it as nicely as I can: Fuck every goddamned one of you.  Their votes are being counted.  The loser will NOT be occupying the Whitehouse.  The ensuing violence you and others are inciting will NOT change the outcome.  Nor will it intimidate others in the future.  The people in this line don't give a fuck what you do.  They will still get their vote in. 

These people used to be hung from trees for trying to vote.   Making them stand in long lines?   Bring it the fuck on. 

This photo should scare the fuck out of the GOP.  THIS is what they are up against.  Compare this dedication to country vs. nearly 11 GOP Senators objecting to electoral votes simply on the basis of political gain.  It's determined patriots against partisan whores.  

Post of the year

Just now, Fakenews said:

Post of the year - to date

FTFY - it's a bit early for "of the year" anything.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dacapo said:

These are the Senators who plan on voting against the electoral college votes, and are totally complicit in the undermining of our nation’s democracy. It would be a real shame if you called their offices to tell them what you think of their participation in an attempted Republican coup.
h/t John Tomberlin

Criminal scum - they should be prosecuted and jailed.

Any Republicans who do not disavow them are equally criminal scum.

It's getting close to time to take down the Statue of Liberty. I'm surprised the French haven't asked for it back now that the Republicans have made such a mockery of it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

This.

The next time they get full control the USA is fucked.

Germany in 1932

• Like 3
1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

^^  I mean is there anything illegal about this?  There has to be, right?  Right?

Can you imagine if Obama said this. The righties would be apoplectic. 

3 hours ago, benwynn said:

4VXRcR4.jpg

Yup. That’s what you’re up against, bullshitters. 

1 hour ago, dacapo said:

h/t John Tomberlin

Sedition pure and simple.....

Lock them up. If not now, arrest them the very second they cast their vote, along with any others that join them.....

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

They just did their jobs but they put their careers as Republicans on the chopping block to do it. Those boys should be honored somehow. I'd give them a Medal of Freedom. 

32 minutes ago, Mark K said:
50 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

They just did their jobs but they put their careers as Republicans on the chopping block to do it. Those boys should be honored somehow. I'd give them a Medal of Freedom

I disagree. They were just doing their job.

Arrest the fuckers who coerced/threatened them. The evidence is in the public domain? Real evidence of attempted election fraud! Nixon was taken down because of a tape recording......

“All that is necessary for evil men to prevail is for enough good men to do nothing.”

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

I disagree. They were just doing their job.

Arrest the fuckers who coerced/threatened them. The evidence is in the public domain? Real evidence of attempted election fraud! Nixon was taken down because of a tape recording......

“All that is necessary for evil men to prevail is for enough good men to do nothing.”

There was only one fucker on that tape, but he has allies.

They are calling for arrests and tacitly supporting violence against those who defy the cult. A particular target of rage in cults are those who they perceive as betrayers of it. When soldiers "just do their job" under intense pressure we give them medals. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Sean said:

To Trump, it is just the same as pocketing the "house take" because you own the fucking casino, lying about the casino's income on your tax forms, then declaring bankruptcy.

- DSK

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

No sign of the Faithful popping in to comment on the audiotape of the President shaking down the Georgia SoS. Funny that. 

They don't care.  Even an audio tape isn't evidence compared to a hunch.

Edit: They will be along shortly to complain about the leak, which is blatantly obvious who and why the lawyer did it.  (IMO)

He will certainly blanket pardon himself now. Also I think the chances of him doing some really crazy shit have increased. E.g. insurrection act.

This is posted with a fever that reveals things to me. Delphi style

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

This.

The next time they get full control the USA is fucked.

Germany in 1932

I now understand 1932.   I’m seeing it happen.   I’ll understand if the world has to put us down.   Please don’t judge us too harshly.  

48 minutes ago, Mark K said:

They are calling for arrests and tacitly supporting violence against those who defy the cult. A particular target of rage in cults are those who they perceive as betrayers of it. When soldiers "just do their job" under intense pressure we give them medals. 

Their only chance of getting  a medal is if other people also do their job.

Trump won’t give them medals.

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

Is anybody going to waste an hour of their life listening to that scumbag and his fantasies?

52 minutes ago, Mark K said:

There was only one fucker on that tape, but he has allies.

Vincennes.

5 minutes ago, Lark said:

I now understand 1932.   I’m seeing it happen.   I’ll understand if the world has to put us down.   Please don’t judge us too harshly.  

The smart people got out of Germany in '32.

If these fascist scum should ever get control of all three branches again, the smart people should get out of the States.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Win the Senate and I think the GOP will never sniff power again

Don't kid yourself - the 74,000,000 who voted for the shitstain are still out there and still as ignorant and/or fascist as they were in November.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Biden should give a slew of Republican State officials the medal of freedom on Jan 21st.

5 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:
16 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Biden should give a slew of Republican State officials the medal of freedom on Jan 21st

A lot of other people will have to do their jobs before Jan 21st for that to happen.....

14 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Don't kid yourself - the 74,000,000 who voted for the shitstain are still out there and still as ignorant and/or fascist as they were in November.

Trump flags are still flying in the neighborhood and at the marina, mostly on powerboats but a few on sailboats.

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The smart people got out of Germany in '32.

If these fascist scum should ever get control of all three branches again, the smart people should get out of the States.

I guess Mexico still accepts Americans.    

3 minutes ago, Lark said:

I guess Mexico still accepts Americans.    

I suspect that, like here, Real Americans are not wanted.

Radical lefties are O/K - when (if) the bug ever dies down there enough to open our border to you once again..

Border Wall.jpeg

2 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Trump flags are still flying in the neighborhood and at the marina, mostly on powerboats but a few on sailboats.

I see them all over the place.    They all feel they were cheated and really won the election.   Almost all of them are armed.   There are plenty of Republican politicians trying to provide a spark,   They are children playing with fire in a barn full of straw.    

“Efforts to reject the votes of the Electoral College and sow doubt about Joe Biden’s victory strike at the foundation of our republic. It is difficult to conceive of a more anti-democratic and anti-conservative act than a federal intervention to overturn the results of state-certified elections and disenfranchise millions of Americans,” Former House Speaker Paul Ryan

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

“Efforts to reject the votes of the Electoral College and sow doubt about Joe Biden’s victory strike at the foundation of our republic. It is difficult to conceive of a more anti-democratic and anti-conservative act than a federal intervention to overturn the results of state-certified elections and disenfranchise millions of Americans,” Former House Speaker Paul Ryan

RINO

Just trying to beat the Faithful to the punch.

Steve Schmidt: The die is cast for the Republican Party. It will be destroyed on January 6th...

The die is cast for the Republican Party. It will be destroyed on January 6th in much the same way the Whig party was destroyed by the passage of the Kansas-Nebraska Act in 1854. The act unraveled the Missouri compromise and allowed for the westward expansion of slavery. 1/ 

The party could not survive its factionalism. There could be no more accommodation, compromise and partnership between pro-slavery and anti-slavery Whigs. A new political party was born, the Republican Party. That party will divide into irreconcilable factions on January 6th. 2/ 

The 6th will commence a political civil war inside the GOP. The autocratic side will roll over the pro-democracy remnant of the GOP like the Wehrmacht did the Belgian Army in 1940. The ‘22 GOP primary season will be a blood letting. The 6th will be a loyalty test. The purge 3/ 

will follow. Does anybody doubt the outcome of the @IvankaTrump vs. @marcorubio primary in Florida? Anyone willing to make a bet on @robportman? It turns out JFK was right. The problem of trying to ride the tiger is the likelihood of winding up inside the tiger. The poisonous 4/ 

Fruit from four years of collaboration and complicity with Trumps insanity, illiberalism and incompetence are ready for harvest. It will kill the GOP because it’s Pro Democracy faction and Autocratic factions can no more exist together then could the Whig Party hold together 5/ 

The abolitionist with the Slave master. It won’t happen over night but the destination is clear. The Conservative party in America is dead. It may continue to bear the name “Republican” but it will be no such thing. Fascism has indeed come to America and as was once predicted 6 

It is wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. This movement must be defeated. It cannot be appeased, accommodated or negotiated with. It must be recognized for what it is and we must all recognize the new age of American politics it has wrought. It has reset the debate 7/ 

Entirely. There are only two sides in American politics now. There is the American side and the Autocratic side. May God help us all if we falter, flag or fail in defense of American democracy. 8 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1345533164102541315.html

19 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Too little, too late - he was one of the scummiest of the scumbags when he was in DC.

43 minutes ago, Lark said:

I see them all over the place.    They all feel they were cheated and really won the election.   Almost all of them are armed.   There are plenty of Republican politicians trying to provide a spark,   They are children playing with fire in a barn full of straw.    

In my neck of the woods the Trump flags have disappeared along with the boat parades.  Of course the county is solidly blue now (didn’t use to be that way).

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Too little, too late - he was one of the scummiest of the scumbags when he was in DC.

um, no.  He's exactly the kind of guy we need to have speaking out.  He was more than willing to sell his soul for a fast buck, and to help The Party stay in power.  Even a whore of his caliber can recognize and speak out against the danger this poses. 

• Like 1

Georgia was only worth 16 Electorial votes.

So it wouldn't have tipped it. 

So you KNOW there had to be similar calls to other states.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Mike G said:

How many had Republican leadership?  If he did that to a DemocRAT I expect they’d have been laughed off the call if not explicitly told to GFY

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

um, no.  He's exactly the kind of guy we need to have speaking out.  He was more than willing to sell his soul for a fast buck, and to help The Party stay in power.  Even a whore of his caliber can recognize and speak out against the danger this poses. 

Did you forget the purple font there Sol?

I'm confused.

12 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I wonder how many "me-too"s we're going to hear. This would be a good time for the real conservatives to stand up.

• Like 2