2020 Election Fuckery

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The GOP has systematically fucked up in-person voting in selective areas.  In your "understanding the process", does a 10 hour wait in line sound like a reasonable process to you? Some, as

America owes a debt of gratitude to Stacey Abrams.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Prescient - 

“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.” - Ulysses S. Grant

Well, it ain't "the near future" but I'd say he got his wish.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, it ain't "the near future" but I'd say he got his wish.

The future seems to be getting nearer all the time. I'm going to start a NGO to oppose it.

9 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

This would be funny except that RW nutsos believe it.

The Italian Air Force hijacked Vatican satellites and used the satellites to change Trump votes to Biden votes.

Oh no, we are lost...if that's what they think, we are doomed. Brilliant distraction.

The aliens in the vaults beneath the Denver airport have won.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

The future seems to be getting nearer all the time. I'm going to start a NGO to oppose it.

According to Buckley that will make you a conservative.

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

According to Buckley that will make you a conservative.

No, I'm not trying to make time go backwards, just slow it down a bit. 

29 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

No, I'm not trying to make time go backwards, just slow it down a bit. 

"A conservative is a fellow standing athwart history yelling STOP"

Trump and Justice Dept. Lawyer Said to Have Plotted to Oust Acting Attorney General

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/us/politics/jeffrey-clark-trump-justice-department-election.html

Trying to find another avenue to push his baseless election claims, Donald Trump considered installing a loyalist, and had the men make their cases to him.

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department’s top leaders listened in stunned silence this month: One of their peers, they were told, had devised a plan with President Donald J. Trump to oust Jeffrey A. Rosen as acting attorney general and wield the department’s power to force Georgia state lawmakers to overturn its presidential election results.

The unassuming lawyer who worked on the plan, Jeffrey Clark, had been devising ways to cast doubt on the election results and to bolster Mr. Trump’s continuing legal battles and the pressure on Georgia politicians. Because Mr. Rosen had refused the president’s entreaties to carry out those plans, Mr. Trump was about to decide whether to fire Mr. Rosen and replace him with Mr. Clark.

The department officials, convened on a conference call, then asked each other: What will you do if Mr. Rosen is dismissed?

The answer was unanimous. They would resign.

Their informal pact ultimately helped persuade Mr. Trump to keep Mr. Rosen in place, calculating that a furor over mass resignations at the top of the Justice Department would eclipse any attention on his baseless accusations of voter fraud. Mr. Trump’s decision came only after Mr. Rosen and Mr. Clark made their competing cases to him in a bizarre White House meeting that two officials compared with an episode of Mr. Trump’s reality show “The Apprentice,” albeit one that could prompt a constitutional crisis.

Imagine the shit and corruption that will surface in the next two weeks before the impeachment trial starts. How many R's will break ranks after finding out Trump sold Alaska back to Russia for the purchase price less depreciation?

https://oig.justice.gov/news/department-justice-office-inspector-general-announces-initiation-investigation

Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General Announces Initiation of Investigation

Excerpt -
Department of Justice (DOJ) Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that:

The DOJ Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is initiating an investigation into whether any former or current DOJ official engaged in an improper attempt to have DOJ seek to alter the outcome of the 2020 Presidential Election.  The investigation will encompass all relevant allegations that may arise that are within the scope of the OIG’s jurisdiction.  The OIG has jurisdiction to investigate allegations concerning the conduct of former and current DOJ employees.  The OIG's jurisdiction does not extend to allegations against other government officials.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sean said:

https://oig.justice.gov/news/department-justice-office-inspector-general-announces-initiation-investigation

Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General Announces Initiation of Investigation

Excerpt -
Department of Justice (DOJ) Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that:

The DOJ Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is initiating an investigation into whether any former or current DOJ official engaged in an improper attempt to have DOJ seek to alter the outcome of the 2020 Presidential Election.  The investigation will encompass all relevant allegations that may arise that are within the scope of the OIG’s jurisdiction.  The OIG has jurisdiction to investigate allegations concerning the conduct of former and current DOJ employees.  The OIG's jurisdiction does not extend to allegations against other government officials.

Jeffrey Clark is probably sweating buckets right now. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:11 PM, Ishmael said:

Imagine the shit and corruption that will surface in the next two weeks before the impeachment trial starts. How many R's will break ranks after finding out Trump sold Alaska back to Russia for the purchase price less depreciation?

About 2% of them would be my estimate.

6 hours ago, Sean said:

Excerpt -

I thought IG Horowitz had on the kid gloves last time he was discussed on this forum, but he at least does uncover and honestly describe what happened. He allowed that it was fair to wonder whether a string of incompetent actions occurred. Um, yeah, more than fair, IMO.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, Ishmael said:

Just join the Republican party....

Bullshitting isn't as easy as it once was. Trump has shown everybody just what gigantic unchecked steaming piles can lead us to. Maybe the media is realizing there is real danger in the both-sider stuff. Bullshitting leads to lies, lies lead to Big Lies, and Big Lies are dangerous. For the moment anyway it's no longer cute. 

Poor Rand has gotten away with it for so long he must be shocked.  

11 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Rand Paul is not of sound mind. Not batshit crazy, just something isn't working quite the way it should. 

Just imagine his poor wife when she asks him where he was last night and why there is lipstick on his shirt and he goes on a 5 minute rant about personal freedom and states rights.

6 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

Just imagine his poor wife when she asks him where he was last night and why there is lipstick on his shirt and he goes on a 5 minute rant about personal freedom and states rights.

And some tranny tried to kiss him in the women's bathroom. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Another RW nutjob

“Giuliani election witness who went viral after testimony says she’s running for office”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giuliani-election-witness-went-viral-151049646.html

She came off to me as batshit crazy and/or a bit more than half drunk.  And she's in Michigan. In Michigan or FL, in the right district  she's a lock to win. 

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A prominent Twitter troll from 2016 whose accounts were suspended by the social media platform has been charged in federal court with knowingly spreading disinformation in the wake of the 2016 presidential election in an attempt to influence voters' behaviors, according to court records.

Douglass Mackey, aka Ricky Vaughn, made an initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart in West Palm Beach on Wednesday morning. 

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/investigations/west-palm-beach-man-faces-federal-charges-for-voter-disinformation-campaign-in-2016-election

Spreading lying political bullshit online is illegal?

About time.

Has anyone given that prosecutor the names of all of our elk?

3 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Her campaign pics, courtesy of the County Sherriff. 

mellissa_carone_mugshot.jpg

I preferred this look, but I'm a sucker for the crimson gash.

a26dc645774ebaee7eaa3af4ecb26e83

Maybe she'll get her ta-tas out for the crowd, that would go over well.

They are everywhere

“Trump supporting priest ousted after performing exorcisms to try to rid Biden from White House”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporting-priest-ousted-performing-141047152.html

My favorite part:

“As exorcists will confirm, the demons are very good with electronic equipment,” seemingly referencing false claims from Mr Trump’s allies that voting machines were rigged in favour of President Joe Biden on 3 November.

5 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/02/963467966/pro-trump-election-conspiracist-lin-wood-under-investigation-for-illegal-voting

Lin Wood

Under investigation for illegal voting.

Everything is projection. Need to do away with EVM without paper backup/trail in R controlled districts.

I love the last part - 

But the saga of the election has taken a larger toll on Wood's professional relationships.

In recent days, his alma mater Mercer University in Macon, Ga., explored removing Wood's name from a courtroom dedication and the Georgia State Bar asked him to take a mental health evaluation to continue practicing law in the state. A judge in Delaware booted Wood off a case citing a "toxic stew of mendacity."

32 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I love the last part - 

But the saga of the election has taken a larger toll on Wood's professional relationships.

In recent days, his alma mater Mercer University in Macon, Ga., explored removing Wood's name from a courtroom dedication and the Georgia State Bar asked him to take a mental health evaluation to continue practicing law in the state. A judge in Delaware booted Wood off a case citing a "toxic stew of mendacity."

Hmmm.  Is Mercer still the fall back school? 

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Hmmm.  Is Mercer still the fall back school? 

Personally, I have no knowledge of the place.  In 25 years, I don't think I've heard of any of my students going there.  UGA, GT, Spelman, Morehouse, Emory, among others. 

But, no Mercer.

More Bullshitter Whack a Mole.

You might not want to jump on the bandwagon for the bullshit about Myanmar using Dominion. Dominion might drag your ass into court and make you take the oath. 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/02/facebook-posts/no-myanmar-didnt-use-dominion-voting-systems-its-e/ 

Smartmatic is different from Dominion which is also suing Powell + Giuliani. It wouldn't be surprising if Dominion also added Fox, NewsMax, American Thinker, ONN, etc to the lawsuits.

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Smartmatic is different from Dominion which is also suing Powell + Giuliani. It wouldn't be surprising if Dominion also added Fox, NewsMax, American Thinker, ONN, etc to the lawsuits.

I want to see someone do a defendant-class action. Name the class of people who propagated the bullshit online. Anyone and everyone. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Fox, NewsMax, American Thinker, ONN, 

All responded to the lawyers' letter by issuing retractions.  Guiliani, Powell, and Lynn all doubled-down instead.

It's like polar bear encounters: you don't need to outrun the bear, just whoever's there with you.

48 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I want to see someone do a defendant-class action. Name the class of people who propagated the bullshit online. Anyone and everyone. 

Would that, could that include other species? Four legged species. Perhaps cervidae or even canid.

3 hours ago, frenchie said:

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

All responded to the lawyers' letter by issuing retractions

The real problem is that the retractions do not get the repeated airplay and prominence of the original fake news... So the real damage remains effectively undone.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

The real problem is that the retractions do not get the repeated airplay and prominence of the original fake news... 

Yes, but it does show the path to others, and now we know the line they are unwilling to cross.  

5 hours ago, Olsonist said:

And those scum should not be allowed to combine their defense - every one of them should have to hire their own legal team.

5 hours ago, frenchie said:

All responded to the lawyers' letter by issuing retractions.

Is that sufficient to get them off the hook?

It shouldn't be.

Something like treble damages would be good.

Bankrupt every one of the fascist bastards.

No mercy.

2 hours ago, Sidecar said:
6 hours ago, frenchie said:
7 hours ago, Olsonist said:

All responded to the lawyers' letter by issuing retractions

The real problem is that the retractions do not get the repeated airplay and prominence of the original fake news... So the real damage remains effectively undone.

Bingo

Their retraction is basically a confession, and one of the the first acts to show actual contrition/regret for wrongdoing would be to publish the retraction in as BIG! a format, with as much ballyhoo, as the original lie.

- DSK

5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The NFC is dominated by coastal elites. The AFC represents real America.

And as long as one body of fans is disenfranchised by these totally rigged games, they have every right to FIGHT LIKE HELL and to FIGHT AND BE STRONG and to NOT BE WEAK and to FIGHT, so that victory will not be STOLEN from them.

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

There's no way to know the real winner.

Correct! Did you see that video of the boxes of touchdowns that the refs pulled from under a table?!?

- DSK

The scoreboard had IP from Diebold that will definitely be brought to light during the post game autopsy.  Not  that I think the Bucs didn't win, but for future super bowls, we need to use blockchain to make sure the scoreboard is transparent and fair.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

The scoreboard had IP from Diebold that will definitely be brought to light during the post game autopsy.  Not  that I think the Bucs didn't win, but for future super bowls, we need to use blockchain to make sure the scoreboard is transparent and fair.

That's just what the elites want you to use but it's totally susceptible to quantum. Joseph Stalin literally said, The people who score the touchdowns don't decide the game; the people who count the score do.

On 2/4/2021 at 2:48 PM, Olsonist said:

Would that, could that include other species? Four legged species. Perhaps cervidae or even canid.

The problem of an alternate reality perpetuated and/or spread by legions of bullshitters won't end until someone drags all of them, every last one of them, every single bullshitter who ever defamed their name...into the room where folks have to take the oath. Allow the courts to draw the line where there are consequences for using the freedom of speech to bullshit about others and it will come to a screeching halt. 

30 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That's just what the elites want you to use but it's totally susceptible to quantum. Joseph Stalin literally said, The people who score the touchdowns don't decide the game; the people who count the score do.

I was watching him on TV when he said that.  Very powerful.

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

I was watching him on TV when he said that.  Very powerful.

Stalin was the best football commentator. Miss him. Canceling him for his political views and mass murder was so unfair.

42 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

Cosell criticizing a player and Stalin sending him to the gulag. Classic move.

And Dandy Don would sing “turn out the lights, the party’s over.... “

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

another one down....  whats the record now. bullshitters? 1-465?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/539845-supreme-court-wont-review-pennsylvania-gop-election-lawsuit 

If I am reading that correctly, Justices Barrett and Kavanaugh did NOT dissent.

I imagine The Former Guy is feeling a bit jilted.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

As is my standard disclaimer in these matters, I yield to Sol and Mr. Clean if my comment is inaccurate.

Here, is, IMO, the operative part of the article: “The court’s denial means that fewer than four justices wanted to take up the cases.”

If I remember my American Govt correctly there is something called “the rule of four.”  It means, as the article states, that 4 justices have to agree to take a case before it is placed on the Court’s docket.  They don’t have to agree on the reason(s) for taking the case just that it is important enough to the Court to hear it.

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

As is my standard disclaimer in these matters, I yield to Sol and Mr. Clean if my comment is inaccurate.

Here, is, IMO, the operative part of the article: “The court’s denial means that fewer than four justices wanted to take up the cases.”

If I remember my American Govt correctly there is something called “the rule of four.”  It means, as the article states, that 4 justices have to agree to take a case before it is placed on the Court’s docket.  They don’t have to agree on the reason(s) for taking the case just that it is important enough to the Court to hear it.

If that is the case, wouldn't one of those two I mentioned have been the key to hearing this?

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If that is the case, wouldn't one of those two I mentioned have been the key to hearing this?

Yup

35 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

Let the sun shine on the numbers.

And we also need to know which of the so-called SC justices . . 

blew up the constitution's clear wording on emoluments, 

and then kept their identities secret. 

• 3 weeks later...

While many states are attempting to suppress the vote through measures restricting mail-in ballots, falsely claiming it leads to fraud, The Former Guy has no qualms about using that method to vote.

Trump requests mail-in ballot ahead of local Florida election despite baseless fraud claims

And, his sycophants will keep blathering on about how mail in voting is problematic, while looking the other way regarding their Messiah.

42 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

While many states are attempting to suppress the vote through measures restricting mail-in ballots, falsely claiming it leads to fraud, The Former Guy has no qualms about using that method to vote.

Trump requests mail-in ballot ahead of local Florida election despite baseless fraud claims

And, his sycophants will keep blathering on about how mail in voting is problematic, while looking the other way regarding their Messiah.

Most developed countries don't allow or severely restrict mail-in voting precisely because it facilitates fraud. There is no way to know if a vote was purchased or coerced. We compromise the security of our elections and consequent confidence in them at our own peril. 

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Most developed countries don't allow or severely restrict mail-in voting precisely because it facilitates fraud. There is no way to know if a vote was purchased or coerced. We compromise the security of our elections and consequent confidence in them at our own peril. 

^ more lies ^

- DSK

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Dog said:

I am sure you ca point to the many instances of fraud that have been alleged.  It has been studied.  The results are out there - IF you want to learn the truth.

But, you conveniently ignored the hypocrisy of the guy who has been screaming about mail-in ballots is, himself, continuing to use them.

But, since you state it, what constitutes "most developed countries"?  Names would be nice.

29 minutes ago, Dog said:

So many lies.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am sure you ca point to the many instances of fraud that have been alleged.  It has been studied.  The results are out there - IF you want to learn the truth.

But, you conveniently ignored the hypocrisy of the guy who has been screaming about mail-in ballots is, himself, continuing to use them.

But, since you state it, what constitutes "most developed countries"?  Names would be nice.

Why Do Most Countries Ban Mail-In Ballots?: They Have Seen Massive Vote Fraud Problems by John R. Lott :: SSRN

4 minutes ago, Dog said:
18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Why Do Most Countries Ban Mail-In Ballots?: They Have Seen Massive Vote Fraud Problems by John R. Lott :: SSRN

So, you can't actually name any countries, and choose to go with someone else's statement od "most developed countries".

Figures.

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Oh, this John R. Lott seems like a real objective source.

From Wiki -

In October 2020, Lott was appointed as a senior adviser for research and statistics at the Office of Justice Programs within the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ).[33] On January 2, 2021, Lott participated in a call with Georgia election officials in which Trump urged them to overturn the results of the election.[73] Lott resigned from the DoJ on January 16, 2021.[74]

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, you can't actually name any countries, and choose to go with someone else's statement od "most developed countries".

Figures.

That's your response, claiming I can't name the countries?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, this John R. Lott seems like a real objective source.

From Wiki -

In October 2020, Lott was appointed as a senior adviser for research and statistics at the Office of Justice Programs within the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ).[33] On January 2, 2021, Lott participated in a call with Georgia election officials in which Trump urged them to overturn the results of the election.[73] Lott resigned from the DoJ on January 16, 2021.[74]

Speaking of suspect sources.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Speaking of suspect sources.

Are you saying he WAS NOT hired by The Former Guy and DID NOT participate in the call which is under criminal investigation?

Also on the call were Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro, Justice Department official John Lott Jr. and Chapman University law professor John Eastman, according to a person familiar with the call.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

That's your response, claiming I can't name the countries?

I figure you have specific countries in mind.  Your assertion would suggest you do.  Surely you can name them.